PDA

View Full Version : Nov 12 - Blue Bombers at Lions

Will
11-10-2016, 12:48 PM
I think the Blue Bombers pull off an upset at the dome.

ArgoRavi
11-10-2016, 09:14 PM
I think the Blue Bombers pull off an upset at the dome.

With two teams so evenly matched, it is tough for one to beat the other three times so I am picking the Lions in this one.

argolio
11-11-2016, 01:02 AM
I think the Lions will roll unless Andrew Harris has a big game.

Ron
11-11-2016, 04:14 PM
I've got the Lions. Wasn't too impressed with the Bombers just barely beating Ottawa last week in a must game.

Argo
11-11-2016, 06:54 PM
Lions.

AngeloV
11-11-2016, 11:00 PM
I think the Bombers will win, but hope I'm wrong. I think Bombers are the worst match up for the Lions as the Lions fall in love with the deep ball, and the Bombers are tough to beat that way. Last meeting they forced a few turnovers and I expect the same. Jennings threw 5 picks in the last back to back meetings against the Bombers last month.

OV Argo
11-12-2016, 01:00 AM
I think the Bombers will win, but hope I'm wrong. I think Bombers are the worst match up for the Lions as the Lions fall in love with the deep ball, and the Bombers are tough to beat that way. Last meeting they forced a few turnovers and I expect the same. Jennings threw 5 picks in the last back to back meetings against the Bombers last month.

Wally has shown some faith in the run game at times this year, so if they go to that early, it could set-up better pass attack.

LaPo OTOH will abandon the run game in an instant if it doesn't work early - even with a good back in Harris.

Match-up of the 2 QBs there - got to go with Jennings and maybe some big plays from Arcenaux, Burnham, Gore. Nichols is iffy but could still have a big game I guess? Bombers have the better D and might win with turn-overs/big plays there. Medlock vs, old guy McCallum if it comes down to FG kicking = another path to Bummers victory.

Argo57
11-12-2016, 09:16 AM
I'm going with Wally and the Lions.
Should be a great game!!

gilthethrill
11-12-2016, 12:00 PM
Hope the Lions advance in front of a big crowd at BC Place.

R.J
11-12-2016, 01:16 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tomorrow&#39;s depth chart vs <a href="https://twitter.com/BCLions">@BCLions</a>. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GCPlayoffs?src=hash">#GCPlayoffs</a> <a href="https://t.co/TCVvYj4wOz">pic.twitter.com/TCVvYj4wOz</a></p>&mdash; WPG Blue Bombers (@Wpg_BlueBombers) <a href="https://twitter.com/Wpg_BlueBombers/status/797460569544654848">November 12, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So Gurley's not even dressing for this game - injured or just scratched ?

AngeloV
11-12-2016, 04:41 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tomorrow's depth chart vs <a href="https://twitter.com/BCLions">@BCLions</a>. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GCPlayoffs?src=hash">#GCPlayoffs</a> <a href="https://t.co/TCVvYj4wOz">pic.twitter.com/TCVvYj4wOz</a></p>— WPG Blue Bombers (@Wpg_BlueBombers) <a href="https://twitter.com/Wpg_BlueBombers/status/797460569544654848">November 12, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So Gurley's not even dressing for this game - injured or just scratched ?

Head case.

gilthethrill
11-12-2016, 05:01 PM
Head case.

The return of Darvin Adams.

ArgoRavi
11-12-2016, 05:58 PM
Hope the Lions advance in front of a big crowd at BC Place.

Not sure how big the crowd will be tomorrow in B.C. Some on lionbackers.com are suggesting a crowd no bigger than 22k (not terrible) and perhaps only in the teens (not so good) for the big game. Conversely, I believe that the game in Hamilton has been sold out for a few days.

Argo57
11-12-2016, 07:32 PM
Not sure how big the crowd will be tomorrow in B.C. Some on lionbackers.com are suggesting a crowd no bigger than 22k (not terrible) and perhaps only in the teens (not so good) for the big game. Conversely, I believe that the game in Hamilton has been sold out for a few days.

Hamilton game not sold out, just bought a pair about 5 minutes ago.

OV Argo
11-12-2016, 11:27 PM
The return of Darvin Adams.

Gurley is easily better than Adams IMO, but Adams has more Bomber game & play-book experience and knowledge.

I see Feoli-Gudino is now listed at a WR spot where Kohlert was starting most of the year, with Kohlert (after drops problems) listed as a back-up slotback. Not sure why Gurley couldn't be starting at the wide-out spot they have Feoli listed at ? The Bummers have been a mostly 7 NI only need apply gob thinking squad, and for this game they have: 2 NI O-lineman + Harris & Feoli-G for 4 on offence; plus Westerman, Shologan and Loffler as 3 starting NIs on D. A rotating combo of Trent Corney at DE and Sherman at OLB could easily have made for a 4th NI on D for them and allowed for another import like Gurley to play receiver.

ArgoRavi
11-13-2016, 01:45 AM
Hamilton game not sold out, just bought a pair about 5 minutes ago.

Yeah, I saw on Twitter that there are fewer than 100 seats left.

Argoknot
11-13-2016, 12:02 PM
Cool video on Bud Grant and his annual return to the Peg

'NFL Films Presents': Bud Grant's life in retirement (https://sg.sports.yahoo.com/video/nfl-films-presents-bud-grants-223800669.html)

Argo57
11-13-2016, 05:26 PM
Yeah, I saw on Twitter that there are fewer than 100 seats left.

A lot of empty seats at THF today Ravi.

Argo57
11-13-2016, 05:44 PM
Wow!!
So far so good for Winnipeg.

argotom
11-13-2016, 07:39 PM
Awesome game and yet another late game heroics by Jennings.
At what 23 years old he is the future of the league.
Definitely either 1 and 1a with Mitchell.

ArgoGabe22
11-13-2016, 07:52 PM
A lot of empty seats at THF today Ravi.

Game was still "sold out". Whether, people were no shows or leave their seats to stand around the stadium is unknown. Fans standing around is also common at IGF and BMO to some degree.

R.J
11-13-2016, 08:18 PM
It looks like the Lions have a player to build the franchise around in Jennings - crowd went nuts when he ran in his second TD. Also, are people still big/sold on Mark Washington's defence and him being a potential HC at this point ?

On a separate note - I really hope that Braley sells the Lions soon, as stands looked pretty good behind the benches, but way too many empty seats in the opposite end and even the endzones for that matter. THF wasn't packed either today or most of the season for that matter. Attendance in Edmonton, Calgary and Winnipeg were also down this season, despite Winnipeg and Calgary's success. TV ratings were up 5-6% a while ago, but I think at best the ratings will match last season's. IMO there's clearly a big problem facing the CFL right now, apathy seems to be striking again, and not only are they failing to bring in new fans, it seems as though long time fans are leaving. The NFL, Blue Jays and Raptors (playoffs only), may have taken a bite out of the CFL - how does the League fix this issue yet again ?

Argo57
11-13-2016, 08:23 PM
Game was still "sold out". Whether, people were no shows or leave their seats to stand around the stadium is unknown. Fans standing around is also common at IGF and BMO to some degree.

Must have been a lot of people standing around I guess?
Our row in the upper east side was largely empty.

ArgoRavi
11-13-2016, 08:54 PM
It looks like the Lions have a player to build the franchise around in Jennings - crowd went nuts when he ran in his second TD. Also, are people still big/sold on Mark Washington's defence and him being a potential HC at this point ?

On a separate note - I really hope that Braley sells the Lions soon, as stands looked pretty good behind the benches, but way too many empty seats in the opposite end and even the endzones for that matter. THF wasn't packed either today or most of the season for that matter. Attendance in Edmonton, Calgary and Winnipeg were also down this season, despite Winnipeg and Calgary's success. TV ratings were up 5-6% a while ago, but I think at best the ratings will match last season's. IMO there's clearly a big problem facing the CFL right now, apathy seems to be striking again, and not only are they failing to bring in new fans, it seems as though long time fans are leaving. The NFL, Blue Jays and Raptors (playoffs only), may have taken a bite out of the CFL - how does the League fix this issue yet again ?

TV ratings, I believe, ended up being 5% over last year, despite an enormous amount of competition this year. This weekend's ratings - especially the Bombers/Lions game - will be interesting to see. Vancouver tends to be an excellent TV market for the league.

Some teams market better than others but I completely agree that the Lions need to be sold. Strong teams in Toronto, Saskatchewan and Vancouver tend to produce better times for the CFL and only one of the three did well this season.

ArgoGabe22
11-13-2016, 08:57 PM
Gurley didn't dress and Heath did do a good job shutting down Manny. Although, Heath did get penalized twice.

Argo57
11-13-2016, 09:04 PM
Gurley didn't dress and Heath did do a good job shutting down Manny. Although, Heath did get penalized twice.

Loffler did an even better job in shutting down Manny.

AngeloV
11-13-2016, 09:50 PM
Awesome game and yet another late game heroics by Jennings.
At what 23 years old he is the future of the league.
Definitely either 1 and 1a with Mitchell.

Off the Collaros bandwagon AT?

Will
11-13-2016, 09:56 PM
I didn't watch this game, but there are a few Bomber fans calling for Richie Hall's head. Justified?

Deerkeeper
11-13-2016, 10:00 PM
What did everyone think about O'Shea's decision to go for a field goal instead of going for it on 3rd and 4? Their going to be talking about that one in Winnipeg all winter.

AngeloV
11-13-2016, 10:08 PM
What did everyone think about O'Shea's decision to go for a field goal instead of going for it on 3rd and 4? Their going to be talking about that one in Winnipeg all winter.

Brutal decision. Your team has 450 yards of offence. You have to go for it on 3rd and 4. Reading that Medlock told him his pre game max was 57. How you try a 61 yarder in that situation makes no sense. Time out in that situation would have been nice too, but he wasted it on a PI call he had NO chance of winning on the previous play. The ball was batted down at the line, meaning there could be no PI by rule.

R.J
11-13-2016, 10:15 PM
I didn't watch this game, but there are a few Bomber fans calling for Richie Hall's head. Justified?
I'd say so. His defense had a lot of turnovers this season, but a lot of yards were given up, and eventually teams that "bend, but don't break" on defence eventually break.

TBH, I couldn't believe it. IMO getting that 4 yards was a much safer option than going for a 61 yard field goal, even with Medlock.

argotom
11-13-2016, 10:27 PM
Off the Collaros bandwagon AT?

JJ is doing all of the things Zach was a couple of years back to include last year before he went down and was the odds on favourite for the MOP.
Doesn't he seem off to you all year?
Still no question I would take Zach back in a minute for our team.

OV Argo
11-13-2016, 10:41 PM
Brutal decision. Your team has 450 yards of offence. You have to go for it on 3rd and 4. Reading that Medlock told him his pre game max was 57. How you try a 61 yarder in that situation makes no sense. Time out in that situation would have been nice too, but he wasted it on a PI call he had NO chance of winning on the previous play. The ball was batted down at the line, meaning there could be no PI by rule.

Unless I understand that part of PI rules wrong - Elimimian had grabbed or bumped Harris (within the 5 yards of legal jam space though), but BEFORE the pass was out of the QBs hand; so - the rules would allow a DB to totally tackle a wide-open receiver down field - BEFORE the ball is out of the QBs hand, and that's OK, IF the pass is knocked down at the line of scrimmage? What if a QB has to abandon his read because a receiver was blatantly interfered with, and then makes another read and the ball is batted down? - that OK? IF so, that rule is stupid and should be changed IMO. I thought the rule was - on a batted pass, with ball in the air, then there would be no interference if a defender is going thru a receiver to get at the ball.
I thought the jam was legal on the play but Harris did not just get jammed, but thrown to the turf. Iffy for a penalty call though.

Agreed about how goofy it was to try the 61 yard FG - ball just does not carry that far in a dome; outside with some breeze, and he maybe could have kicked a 60 yarder (CFL all-time record is 61 yards i think?)

argolio
11-14-2016, 01:12 AM
I thought Harris tried to buy a call by flopping into the defender. Glad the league rejected that challenge.

Off the Collaros bandwagon AT?From being the closest to Flutie he's ever seen to not even being in his top two? Boggles the mind.

ArgoRavi
11-14-2016, 01:41 AM

I got the impression that O'Shea was using that challenge as his timeout anyway. I guess that makes his decision even worse as he had enough time to think about it.

Argo57
11-14-2016, 07:40 AM

Idiotic move, better percentage to complete a 5 yard pass than make a 60 yard FG in the dome.

argotom
11-14-2016, 02:06 PM
Idiotic move, better percentage to complete a 5 yard pass than make a 60 yard FG in the dome.

The BB and O'Shea snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

AngeloV
11-14-2016, 02:56 PM

Seeing as how Medlock said his pregame limit was 57, even a QB sneak had better odds.

gilthethrill
11-14-2016, 06:29 PM

The beat writer who post articles on behalf of the Bombers for 3downnation reports Gurley will try the NFL. Good luck going back to a league that has cut you 9 times. Add to your resume that you were a healthy scratch in the CFL playoffs and that you were cut by another CFL team due to attitude problems. In hindsight, Milanovich/Barker really did not lose much.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8