PDA

View Full Version : CBC's The Fifth Estate feature on CFL concussions

PullTogether73
11-15-2016, 05:27 PM
Heard Bob McKeown on Prime Time Sports this afternoon discussing the above.
It will be shown this Friday evening on CBC if anyone is interested.

Be aware that McKeown, by his own admission, is not objective in this story, as he is a former CFLer and has seen the effects of concussions on many of his teammates and contemporaries from that era.

ArgoRavi
11-15-2016, 08:48 PM
Heard Bob McKeown on Prime Time Sports this afternoon discussing the above.
It will be shown this Friday evening on CBC if anyone is interested.

Be aware that McKeown, by his own admission, is not objective in this story, as he is a former CFLer and has seen the effects of concussions on many of his teammates and contemporaries from that era.

Rod Woodward, who passed away recently, is one of those whom I believe McKeown will talk about.

1971GreyCup
11-16-2016, 09:15 PM
Al Brenner, Ticats passed away several years ago after leaving his family and living in group homes. Was featured on a Fifth Estate program before the issue of CTE was well known

ArgoRavi
11-16-2016, 11:20 PM
Al Brenner, Ticats passed away several years ago after leaving his family and living in group homes. Was featured on a Fifth Estate program before the issue of CTE was well known

I have thought in recent years that Brenner may very well have had CTE which would help to explain his erratic behaviour. I have never heard of his family asking to have his brain examined following his death but perhaps this too will be discussed on Friday.

jerrym
01-22-2017, 03:53 PM
It's two months old but here is the url for Bob McKeown's Fifth Estate broadcast in case anyone missed it.

This is going to be an ongoing problem both for the health of the players and potentially the league financially.

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/episodes/2016-2017/cfl-concussions-bob-mckeowns-story-from-the-field

7dj83r8f78t4alf8