PDA

View Full Version : 2017 renewals

mchesher03
12-09-2016, 09:29 AM
Just got the email re: renewals. Guess I'll have to investigate but was hoping to be able to make a deposit now and pay the bulk of it later (as I usually do). Assuming most on this site got the same email. Anyhow for what it's worth I'll be back, even the possibility of watching a competitive team in that stadium is enough for me (also spending the day with my dad is pretty fun too).

1971GreyCup
12-09-2016, 09:33 AM
I have just received my 2016 ST Renewal notification. How compelling is this offer for STHs to commit to 2017 before Christmas? I personally don't feel an urgency to commit to my ST and will wait. I see I have a new customer service representative. Are the Argos consolidating tickets sales with ML SE or just employee attrition?

Thank you for your ongoing commitment and support as an Argos Season Seat Holder. The 2016 season was a historic year for the Argos as we moved into our new home under new ownership and management. We put in place a strong foundation for us to build upon. And we appreciate our veteran Season Seat Holders, like yourself, for joining us on this journey, and for being supportive, patient, and providing feedback and ideas along the way. We are all better for it, and with your support and commitment we will continue to get better.

We are so excited for the 2017 season. We will continue to improve everything that made Argos football at BMO Field great. Tailgating and the Shipyard will be bigger and better. The game day experience inside the stadium will be elevated. We are committed to making Argos football at BMO Field the best sports experience in the city. And of course, our number one priority is focused on fielding a competitive team, not only for next season, but for years to come. We are just getting started in rebuilding this franchise.

And more than anything, we want you to remain a part of it. We are thrilled to share with you the benefits you will receive as an Argos season seat holder in 2017; five brand new benefits that include additional savings and value, and the return of the Argos Fan Day and Ticket Exchange Program.

But first, here is some important information about your account:

You currently have a total credit of $50 in your account which is comprised of;
A credit from a combination of playoff tickets you purchased as part of your 2016 season seats and following the re-pricing of your Grey Cup seats; and/or
A complimentary credit of $50 as an Argos season seat holder who purchased Grey Cup tickets (prior to October 17) which must be used by December 23, 2016.

If you have any questions about how to use your credit, or your season seats in general, please contact Dane Gomez at dgomez@argonauts.ca or 416-341-2787. In addition, you are welcome to call our Ticket Sales & Service team at 416 341-2746.

Now the fun part. Click HERE to get all the information you need to renew your season seats for the 2017 season and watch a highlight video from this past season that will make you ask, #IsItJuneYet?

PullTogether73
12-09-2016, 10:25 AM
Agreed.
While I'm fairly sure I will renew, I want to see what will happen in "football operations" first.
No urgency to do anything now.

Mightygoose
12-09-2016, 10:29 AM
Just re-upped. My workplace incentive covered it!

Don't mind the benefits. Would have liked more than 10% off merchandise and be able to use it in the stadium too. That could be added closer to the season.

I like the 4 free extra tickets and be able to use them for any game.

The exclusive entrance should be a nice feature.

I wonder what the exclusive gift will be?

Hope the events will be frequent and glad they finally got this process going.

Neely2005
12-09-2016, 10:52 AM
I renewed this morning. Dropped from 4 Tickets to 3 Tickets and did the 3 Payment Plan to my MasterCard. The benefits are much better this season:

25% SAVINGS

4 COMPLIMENTARY FLEX TICKETS

10% DISCOUNT ON ARGOS MERCHANDISE ONLINE ALL THE TIME

TICKET EXCHANGE PROGRAM

ARGOS FAN DAY

25% OFF CORPORATE SUITES

10% OFF FULL SEASON ARGOS TAILGATE PASS

EXCLUSIVE SEASON SEAT HOLDERS ENTRY GATE AT BMO FIELD

EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO 105TH GREY CUP PRE-SALE

EXCLUSIVE SEASON SEAT HOLDER EVENTS AND COMMUNICATIONS

EXCLUSIVE SEASON SEAT HOLDER GIFT

http://www.argonauts.ca/2017-season-tickets-sale-now/

Bleeds Double Blue
12-09-2016, 11:49 AM
I was very surprised that season ticket sales weren't being promoted during Grey Cup week.

Mightygoose
12-09-2016, 12:11 PM
Not sure if anyone has asked or can confirm.

The 4 free flex tickets, is that per account or per ST making a pair to include 8?

Edit: Never mind, read through the site again and it's per seat. So we have 8.

argofan81
12-09-2016, 12:24 PM
I have just received my 2016 ST Renewal notification. How compelling is this offer for STHs to commit to 2017 before Christmas? I personally don't feel an urgency to commit to my ST and will wait. I see I have a new customer service representative. Are the Argos consolidating tickets sales with ML SE or just employee attrition?

Thank you for your ongoing commitment and support as an Argos Season Seat Holder. The 2016 season was a historic year for the Argos as we moved into our new home under new ownership and management. We put in place a strong foundation for us to build upon. And we appreciate our veteran Season Seat Holders, like yourself, for joining us on this journey, and for being supportive, patient, and providing feedback and ideas along the way. We are all better for it, and with your support and commitment we will continue to get better.

We are so excited for the 2017 season. We will continue to improve everything that made Argos football at BMO Field great. Tailgating and the Shipyard will be bigger and better. The game day experience inside the stadium will be elevated. We are committed to making Argos football at BMO Field the best sports experience in the city. And of course, our number one priority is focused on fielding a competitive team, not only for next season, but for years to come. We are just getting started in rebuilding this franchise.

And more than anything, we want you to remain a part of it. We are thrilled to share with you the benefits you will receive as an Argos season seat holder in 2017; five brand new benefits that include additional savings and value, and the return of the Argos Fan Day and Ticket Exchange Program.

But first, here is some important information about your account:

You currently have a total credit of $50 in your account which is comprised of;
A credit from a combination of playoff tickets you purchased as part of your 2016 season seats and following the re-pricing of your Grey Cup seats; and/or
A complimentary credit of $50 as an Argos season seat holder who purchased Grey Cup tickets (prior to October 17) which must be used by December 23, 2016.

If you have any questions about how to use your credit, or your season seats in general, please contact Dane Gomez at dgomez@argonauts.ca or 416-341-2787. In addition, you are welcome to call our Ticket Sales & Service team at 416 341-2746.

Now the fun part. Click HERE to get all the information you need to renew your season seats for the 2017 season and watch a highlight video from this past season that will make you ask, #IsItJuneYet?

My email also mentioned a different ticket rep as well, however, I just tried to call my old ticket rep and was able to reach his voicemail (still stating that he is manager of client services and ticket sales) so he appears to at least still be with the organization.

Kenners
12-09-2016, 12:26 PM
anyone know how long our seats are held? I want to renew, but I need space in the card...holidays and all that lol

Neely2005
12-09-2016, 01:00 PM
I renewed this morning. Dropped from 4 Tickets to 3 Tickets and did the 3 Payment Plan to my MasterCard. The benefits are much better this season:

25% SAVINGS

TICKET EXCHANGE PROGRAM

ARGOS FAN DAY

25% OFF CORPORATE SUITES

Contest for renewing early too:

GRAND PRIZE

You and your guest can join the Argos for an all-expenses paid Fan Experience of a lifetime. Travel with the team and stay at the Argos hotel for an away game in 2017.

10 SECOND PRIZES

Gameday Suite Rental for you and your buddies to watch the game in style. Includes a $500 food and beverage credit.

25 THIRD PRIZES

Gameday Jersey worn by a member of the 2016 Toronto Argonauts.

1971GreyCup
12-09-2016, 01:28 PM
To me it reads in an odd manner. I know I only scanned it because I get +50 emails a day, but I personally would have preferred them laying out from me what the benefits to me are and then having a link to what I need to do for them. Lead with benefits and link to costs. I didn't even bother to get to the bottom of the email before I bailed. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't even have considered this offer. Also, with a new customer service rep. I likely wouldn't even have called a new rep for clarification.

Just yesterday the Winnipeg Blue Bombers emailed me an offer that seemed appealing.

Team Equipment Sale, Referral Program, and Early Bird Draw
View this email in your browser

Bomber Season Ticket Referral Rewards
As a current season ticket member, when you give the gift of new Blue Bomber Season Tickets, you will receive some great referral rewards:

Refer a new P1 – P4 seat and receive a $200 Bomber Store Gift Card.
Refer a new P5 – P7 seat and receive a $100 Bomber Store Gift Card.
Special VIP invitation for two to a pre-game sideline experience at a 2017 Bomber home game
Adding additional seats to your current account? There are rewards for that as well!
READ MORE

Team Equipment Sale:
at The Bomber Holiday Store, 300-915 Ellice
Friday, December 9, from 11:00 am - 7:00 pm: Season Ticket Member exclusive on all Locker Room Equipment
Saturday, December 10, from 10:00 am - 6:00 pm: General Public
Sunday, December 11, from 11:00 am - 6:00 pm: General Public

Last remaining 2015 (navy & gold) Reebok jerseys. $80
Game Helmets - $250
Team issued Footballs - $80
Reebok Player Sweat Suits - $50 each for Hoody/Sweats, $80 for sweatsuit if purchased as a pair
Great deals on assorted clearance merchandise. T-shirts starting at $5.00, hoodies starting at $20.00, toques starting at $5.00, and special prices on last of run adidas merchandise.

Have a Blue Bomber, Hit the Books, visit in your child's school!
Promote reading and writing in your school with a Hit the Books visit from one of your Blue Bombers! In partnership with I Love to Read month, the Blue Bombers have opened submissions for the popular Hit the Books program. Encourage your child’s school or teacher to apply and a Blue Bombers player could visit their classroom to share a story and talk about the importance of reading and writing skills in February 2017. Last year, players read to over 2000 kids at 35 schools.

READ MORE

Buy or Renew your Season Tickets by December 15th, 2016 to be entered into the Early Bird Draw

Win one of the following Early Bird prizes:

Early Bird Draw Grand Prize:
A ski vacation for four at Big White Ski Resort from Continental Travel Group.

You can also win:
Your 2017 Season Tickets (maximum two season tickets
)
One Blue Bombers authentic game worn 2016 jersey
One of five $75 Bomber Store gift cards
One of ten $50 Bomber Bucks (to be used at Investors Group Field concessions during 2017 Bomber games)
One of ten 2017 Pregame Sideline Experience for two (not eligible for 2017 Banjo Bowl)
2017 Season Ticket Member Benefits
Save up to 40% off the cost of buying single game tickets
Your Season Ticket Membership can cost as little as $23.14 a game
No fee, no interest, flexible payment plans, up to seven months of payments.
Purchase additional tickets ahead of the general public for individual home games, including the Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries Banjo Bowl, the 2017 Grey Cup Game tickets, and select events at Investors Group Field.
Receive 15% off regular priced merchandise at the Bomber Store.
Access to a monthly Season Ticket Member Bomber Store offer.
Partner Up – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers Partner Up program partners up with local businesses, offering exclusive deals to Winnipeg Blue Bombers Season Ticket Members.
Be eligible for the 2017 Blue Bomber Season Ticket Member Referral Program.
Be entered into the 2017 Blue Bomber Season Ticket Member Prize Draws.
Access to exclusive Season Ticket Member online content.

See all 2017 Season Ticket Member Draws Prizing here.

The Season Ticket Renewal Grand Prize:
A 2017 NISSAN TITAN truck from your Winnipeg NISSAN dealerships.
GET YOUR SEASON TICKETS
CALL THE BLUE BOMBERS TICKETING OFFICE
204-784-7884

Copyright © 2016 Winnipeg Blue Bombers, All rights reserved.
You are on receiving this email because you are a valued fan of The Winnipeg Blue Bombers, who subscribed to the Bomber Insider on BlueBombers.com. Or, you have an on-going business relationship with the Blue Bombers as defined by CASL.

Our mailing address is:
Winnipeg Blue Bombers
315 Chancellor Matheson RoadWinnipeg, MB R3T 1Z2
Canada

Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Mightygoose
12-09-2016, 02:02 PM
The Argo email was fine.

After the 'cover letter', it got right to the point and the link was right there.

I don't care for long winded emails anyways, so the Bomber one may have lost my attention span. The distance from where I live compared to Winnipeg would be the deal breaker for me...lol

AngeloV
12-09-2016, 02:07 PM
anyone know how long our seats are held? I want to renew, but I need space in the card...holidays and all that lol

I think you'll be fine. They will work with you. In the past I have waited until March to renew. I know it's different management now, but they are not going to push away someone that wants to renew but just wants to wait.

Neely2005
12-09-2016, 02:23 PM

I believe that it's January 31st, but if you have the $50 Grey Cup credit it expires December 23rd.

R.J
12-09-2016, 02:39 PM
Still haven't decided on whether or not I'll be renewing. My seats from last season are now part of the group sections, so works for me as I wanted to move to the West stands anyways. Also happy to see some decent benefits added this season - 15-20% merch discount would have been nice lol.

mchesher03
12-09-2016, 03:19 PM
I see some posts re: costs and the use of the credit. So I have some credits in my account from moving Grey Cup seats, etc. too. I asked about instalment plans and was told i could do a third now, 1/3 Feb. 28 and 1/3 end of March. This will let me use the credits up so that's going to be my plan of attack. I know they'd love me to buy parking passes already too but I'm in no rush to do so now...

PullTogether73
12-09-2016, 04:02 PM
Has anyone found out where the STH-only gate will be?
I admit that I like that perk.

Shipyard
12-09-2016, 04:40 PM

25% SAVINGS

TICKET EXCHANGE PROGRAM

ARGOS FAN DAY

25% OFF CORPORATE SUITES

some of these ideas can from here:

only ones they didn't implement is:
- a cheap Kids season ticket -- although its sort of covered via comp tickets
- lower prices on the east side - looks to be the same - i would have dropped prices $50 over westside

1971GreyCup
12-09-2016, 06:42 PM
It is certainly a tough sell right now. Have no idea who will be playing for the team, coaching them or looking for new talent. Even the structure from President down is up in the air. With all the uncertainty, I'll wait until May and then make an informed decision.

Argo57
12-09-2016, 06:50 PM
Decided I couldn't turn my back on the Argonauts and renewed today.
Managed to get upper level 1st row while moving from $899 to $699 per seat, Tyler was great to deal with and received a follow up call from Rob Richardson.
Very pleased!!

Neely2005
12-09-2016, 07:52 PM
I see some posts re: costs and the use of the credit. So I have some credits in my account from moving Grey Cup seats, etc. too. I asked about instalment plans and was told i could do a third now, 1/3 Feb. 28 and 1/3 end of March. This will let me use the credits up so that's going to be my plan of attack. I know they'd love me to buy parking passes already too but I'm in no rush to do so now...

The Tailgate Parking Passes aren't available for purchase yet. I asked when I spoke to Rob today.

matthew
12-09-2016, 08:14 PM
Jan 31

vanhalen26
12-09-2016, 09:57 PM
Anyone know pricing for the group section? It's probably 20-25% of the stadium.

My seats are the $200 seasons, I'm not fussed about where I sit - I just like going. Problem is on games I couldn't attend I couldn't even get $6 on stubhub for some of them. It looks like they have cut the number of $200 seasons available in half, so maybe that will help me at least get my $$ back for games I can't attend - unless they start blowing out group seats at $10 a shot or something.

Kind of reminds me of grey cup ... there is an undeclared component lurking. I'm not buying my seasons to not attend ... but I bought 6 seats last year so missing 3-4 games adds up. I'll probably scale back this year due to the flex portion but it was fun to go with three couples and hang out.

Shipyard
12-09-2016, 11:34 PM
Anyone know pricing for the group section? It's probably 20-25% of the stadium.

My seats are the $200 seasons, I'm not fussed about where I sit - I just like going. Problem is on games I couldn't attend I couldn't even get $6 on stubhub for some of them. It looks like they have cut the number of $200 seasons available in half, so maybe that will help me at least get my $$ back for games I can't attend - unless they start blowing out group seats at $10 a shot or something.

Kind of reminds me of grey cup ... there is an undeclared component lurking. I'm not buying my seasons to not attend ... but I bought 6 seats last year so missing 3-4 games adds up. I'll probably scale back this year due to the flex portion but it was fun to go with three couples and hang out.

honestly those $199 seats are the best deal in the CFL and great seats ... $18/ game, that like junior hockey prices can't believe they aren't sold out there.

AngeloV
12-10-2016, 01:05 PM
honestly those $199 seats are the best deal in the CFL and great seats ... $18/ game, that like junior hockey prices can't believe they aren't sold out there.

Best deal in all of pro sports IMO. I have the first row at that price range.

argomANIA
12-12-2016, 10:04 AM

But now with a ticket exchange program would that help you at all? bring someone with you to another game instead of trying to sell them?

vanhalen26
12-12-2016, 10:40 AM
Exchange will help a little - but with 4 seasons that's a lot of tickets to give out all of a sudden. I don't know if I have 8 friends who would come to an Argo game.

Argos23
12-12-2016, 11:01 AM
I have been a flex pack holder for the last 3 years, the ticket exchange and 4 comp tickets persuaded me to switch to seasons for the first time.

mchesher03
12-12-2016, 12:15 PM
The Tailgate Parking Passes aren't available for purchase yet. I asked when I spoke to Rob today.

Thanks - good to know.

AngeloV
12-12-2016, 01:41 PM
I have been a flex pack holder for the last 3 years, the ticket exchange and 4 comp tickets persuaded me to switch to seasons for the first time.

So not trying to put words in your mouth but, you are happy with what they are doing and all the premature whining by some was totally unwarranted and showed a ridiculous amount of impatience.

:)

1971GreyCup
12-12-2016, 02:16 PM
So not trying to put words in your mouth but, you are happy with what they are doing and all the premature whining by some was totally unwarranted and showed a ridiculous amount of impatience.

Or, you might take the perspective that the malcontents raised the bar for future STHs. Rather than blindly support the party line and immediately reinvest in STs, many people voiced their concerns and demanded change. Isn't that how change is always brought about?

Neely2005
12-12-2016, 02:30 PM

Hardly. The Argonauts didn't send out those 2 surveys because they thought that everything was fine with the season ticket holders. They realized that they screwed up with last year's season ticket package and they have now brought back the benefits that they took away last season.

R.J
12-12-2016, 03:19 PM

Some fans wanted the incentives that the team used to, and every other CFL team gives, I really don't see the issue with that.

Going to the games is enough for me for the most part, and the only incentive I'd even want is the merch discount, but I can understand why some weren't happy about the lack of perks this past season.

AngeloV
12-12-2016, 03:47 PM
I'll stick to my original opinion of: WWAAAAAAA!!!

Neely2005
12-12-2016, 05:56 PM

Yeah why should the team that has the least season ticket holders in the league offer the same perks that every other team does? Even though they themselves offered those exact same perks in previous seasons. Obviously moving to BMO Field will be enough that they'll have a waiting list for season tickets. Marketing 101 right there.

ArgoGabe22
12-12-2016, 06:46 PM

I run to the mailbox each day in anticipation of an Argos Christmas card being sent in my name, only to be disappointment each and every time.

AngeloV
12-12-2016, 07:10 PM
Yeah why should the team that has the least season ticket holders in the league offer the same perks that every other team does? Even though they themselves offered those exact same perks in previous seasons. Obviously moving to BMO Field will be enough that they'll have a waiting list for season tickets. Marketing 101 right there.

And things have changed, so why are you still carrying on? I doubt there are any other teams in the league that are essentially giving every season ticket holder 4 additional tickets to use as they please.

My point being everyone knew they did a poor job marketing the team this past year, but the reactions on here were so over the top it wasn't even funny. You can try and take credit for the changes thinking that the reactions on fan forums have anything to do with the changes. IMO, those questionnaires that went out to all the ST holders had zero to do with the bellyaching on here. They sent them out, got answers and changed things up. Why can't they get a little credit for that?

Neely2005
12-12-2016, 07:33 PM
And things have changed, so why are you still carrying on? I doubt there are any other teams in the league that are essentially giving every season ticket holder 4 additional tickets to use as they please.

My point being everyone knew they did a poor job marketing the team this past year, but the reactions on here were so over the top it wasn't even funny. You can try and take credit for the changes thinking that the reactions on fan forums have anything to do with the changes. IMO, those questionnaires that went out to all the ST holders had zero to do with the bellyaching on here. They sent them out, got answers and changed things up. Why can't they get a little credit for that?

You can't be serious. No one has said anything negative about the 2017 season ticket package. The only one carrying on is you:

AngeloV
12-12-2016, 07:43 PM
You can't be serious. No one has said anything negative about the 2017 season ticket package. The only one carrying on is you:

I didn't say people are being negative about it on here. But it sure as hell isn't getting as many thumbs up as 2016 got thumbs down towards the end of the season. I guess it's just fashionable for everyone to $hit all over anything the team does wrong, but not applaud them for things done right.

Neely2005
12-12-2016, 09:24 PM
I didn't say people are being negative about it on here. But it sure as hell isn't getting as many thumbs up as 2016 got thumbs down towards the end of the season. I guess it's just fashionable for everyone to $hit all over anything the team does wrong, but not applaud them for things done right.

Human nature. People usually only speak out if things fall below or rise above their expectations.

PullTogether73
12-12-2016, 10:26 PM
I run to the mailbox each day in anticipation of an Argos Christmas card being sent in my name, only to be disappointment each and every time.

You'll get your Argonauts Christmas greeting in an e-mail, just like the rest of us.:D

(People still send physical cards via snail mail?)

argomANIA
12-13-2016, 10:18 AM
I had an interaction with Sara Moore at Grey Cup and told her that these benefits were a great start but they were just giving back what was taken away from us. At that point the 4 extra tickets wasn't discussed nor were any details of the benefits. So I asked what they were going to do to attract new fans into the stadium. She got annoyed with me said she got my letter and walked away. I didn't think I asked an unreasonable question. I think the 4 tickets is a great way for season ticket holders to bring new fans to games. Wish the merchandise discount applied in stadium though. 10% off when you still have to pay for shipping isn't much of a deal. Might as well just buy at the stadium for full price.

That being said, I am still not renewing my seats. I know Angelo doesn't agree with my decision...but in the end it's my money and I choose how I spend it.

Mightygoose
12-13-2016, 10:32 AM
Agreed with your thoughts but understand your decision is deeper than the benefits. Hope the merch. discount in stadium gets added once the season starts. Also hope things are good this year and hope t have you in back in the fold for 2018!

Really disappointed but not surprised by Sara's reaction. I think she knows she's a dead in the water with the team.

AngeloV
12-13-2016, 01:07 PM
That being said, I am still not renewing my seats. I know Angelo doesn't agree with my decision...but in the end it's my money and I choose how I spend it.

I never had a problem with your decision. The problem I had was that you decided to start an entire thread about it. I don't think it was necessary. All it does is bring out more negative feelings. If you wanted to start a big thread about it, you should have done it on a Ti-Cats fan forum, where people would have been happy to see it. IMO, the last thing this site needs is for a MOD to start the thread that you did, dissing the team that we all cheer for. This is after all ArgoFANS.com.

Neely2005
12-13-2016, 01:52 PM
I never had a problem with your decision. The problem I had was that you decided to start an entire thread about it. I don't think it was necessary. All it does is bring out more negative feelings. If you wanted to start a big thread about it, you should have done it on a Ti-Cats fan forum, where people would have been happy to see it. IMO, the last thing this site needs is for a MOD to start the thread that you did, dissing the team that we all cheer for. This is after all ArgoFANS.com.

So by that logic no one can criticize anything that the Argonauts do on or off the field on Argofans.com?

Ron
12-13-2016, 01:58 PM
I had an interaction with Sara Moore at Grey Cup and told her that these benefits were a great start but they were just giving back what was taken away from us. At that point the 4 extra tickets wasn't discussed nor were any details of the benefits. So I asked what they were going to do to attract new fans into the stadium. She got annoyed with me said she got my letter and walked away. I didn't think I asked an unreasonable question. I think the 4 tickets is a great way for season ticket holders to bring new fans to games. Wish the merchandise discount applied in stadium though. 10% off when you still have to pay for shipping isn't much of a deal. Might as well just buy at the stadium for full price.

Well to be fair. Considering the letter you wrote there was no upside for her to spend any time talking to you about it. So why waste the time when she could move on to more upbeat exchanges at GC.

Ron
12-13-2016, 01:59 PM
So by that logic no one can criticize anything that the Argonauts do on or off the field on Argofans.com?

Milo and Barker would endorse that message.

R.J
12-13-2016, 02:41 PM
Milo and Barker would endorse that message.
Barker and Milanovich deserved most of the criticism they received this year.

AngeloV
12-13-2016, 03:19 PM

If that's how you interpret it, fine.

ArgoZ
12-13-2016, 08:15 PM

I have to make a point to agree. I was not impressed with the original post. It was very Troll-like, if not written by such a well known former fan (and good person). Any backlash, including my own harsh reply, was expected.

Or it's the off-season and people like me don't post as much. I'll admit, I was hard on the way management ran things this year (particularly my Fan Day pet peeve), but it looks like a very nice ST package and a promise of more fan events. If the schedule could only be very decent (weekends), I could come back. I'm optimistic next years schedule will be very much improved.

argolio
12-14-2016, 12:28 AM
So by that logic no one can criticize anything that the Argonauts do on or off the field on Argofans.com?Criticism is fine, and we've seen plenty of it this season. What we have here is that a moderator of this site basically dumped the Argos for the Ticats. She certainly has the right to do that, but if did that, I wouldn't post here any more. And if I were a mod, I definitely would expect to no longer be a mod.

PullTogether73
12-14-2016, 07:36 AM
Criticism is fine, and we've seen plenty of it this season. What we have here is that a moderator of this site basically dumped the Argos for the Ticats. She certainly has the right to do that, but if did that, I wouldn't post here any more. And if I were a mod, I definitely would expect to no longer be a mod.

Agreed.
The moderator role should be given up or taken away. Bad optics at the very least.

As for posting, well, we have people here who are "bi-fans" (Argonauts and Tiger-Cats) based on the number who hold season seats to both or who regularly attend both teams' home games, along with at least one who is clearly a Tiger-Cats fan. So I suppose posts from a Tiger-Cats fan are acceptable, unless they become trolling.

But a Tiger-Cats fan should not be a moderator on an Argonauts fans website.

Will
12-14-2016, 07:41 AM
I removed her as a moderator at her request when she made the announcement. I hadn't noticed that it still appears under her name as they do not appear to be linked in the mod settings.

argomANIA
12-14-2016, 10:21 AM

As Will just said, I stepped down as a MOD before I made my announcement. Not sure why it still says I'm a mod. The only reason I did make a post was after a discussion with Will because people were talking about me, so we thought I should explain my reasons. As I've said I will forever have the Argos in my heart and one day I hope to be back but right now it's not where I want my money to go. Not sure why you're taking this so personal. If you're ok paying $19 per game or whatever you pay thats fine. I'm not ok with that when I can go on StubHub and get a ticket for $10 and sit anywhere I want in the stadium (limited to wheelchair accessibility of course). Everyone complains about freedom of speech, but when it doesn't go with their beliefs they don't like it.

Well to be fair. Considering the letter you wrote there was no upside for her to spend any time talking to you about it. So why waste the time when she could move on to more upbeat exchanges at GC.

You're right Ron. But she was the one who approached me. So I thought she wanted to discuss things. Guess not. Which is totally her right.

AngeloV
12-14-2016, 12:15 PM
As Will just said, I stepped down as a MOD before I made my announcement. Not sure why it still says I'm a mod. The only reason I did make a post was after a discussion with Will because people were talking about me, so we thought I should explain my reasons. As I've said I will forever have the Argos in my heart and one day I hope to be back but right now it's not where I want my money to go. Not sure why you're taking this so personal. If you're ok paying $19 per game or whatever you pay thats fine. I'm not ok with that when I can go on StubHub and get a ticket for $10 and sit anywhere I want in the stadium (limited to wheelchair accessibility of course). Everyone complains about freedom of speech, but when it doesn't go with their beliefs they don't like it.

You're right Ron. But she was the one who approached me. So I thought she wanted to discuss things. Guess not. Which is totally her right.

Again, my only issue was that an entire thread was started on it. I would never tell anyone who to cheer for our how to spend their money.

Mulder
12-14-2016, 12:42 PM
I removed her as a moderator at her request when she made the announcement. I hadn't noticed that it still appears under her name as they do not appear to be linked in the mod settings.

A vacancy?? App Sent.

Will Ban TFC trolls this time, promise.

Will
12-14-2016, 12:47 PM
A vacancy?? App Sent.

Will Ban TFC trolls this time, promise.

I'll require references :)

Mulder
12-14-2016, 12:57 PM
I'll require references :)

My undoing.

R.J
12-14-2016, 01:56 PM
Very few seats available in the first row of the West upper deck, maybe I'm better off waiting to see if seats open up in January.

ArgoGabe22
12-14-2016, 02:51 PM
Please keep this thread on topic - 2017 season tickets/renewals. If a member has a problem with how another member responds to another member, then that too can be addressed via PM rather than derailing this thread.

Will
12-14-2016, 03:19 PM
I'll re-echo what Gabe just said in this thread!

argotom
12-15-2016, 06:00 PM
I just call from the Argo office this afternoon, from a Candace also working with Rob Richardson in calling the season ticket holders.
Trying to entice me with the big $50 CREDIT.
Boy did I unload on her, mind you in a nice way not belligerent.
Realizing she was only the messenger.
Gave her several concerns from the on field product, the game days and right at the top feeling ripped off by the GC tickets, mine like most of you were half price or less after we purchased.
Told her also I am meeting with a bunch of my neighbours to see our further course of action on top of which there is no way I will renew until the schedule comes out.
Told her I will not be pressured to renew with their deadline at the end of January, since she indicated the schedule will be out likely in February at the earliest.
The games cannot be all through the week except Wednesday, has to be the weekend.
Any one else get a call?

ArgoZ
12-15-2016, 06:16 PM
I just call from the Argo office this afternoon, from a Candace also working with Rob Richardson in calling the season ticket holders.
Trying to entice me with the big $50 CREDIT.
Boy did I unload on her, mind you in a nice way not belligerent.
Realizing she was only the messenger.
Gave her several concerns from the on field product, the game days and right at the top feeling ripped off by the GC tickets, mine like most of you were half price or less after we purchased.
Told her also I am meeting with a bunch of my neighbours to see our further course of action on top of which there is no way I will renew until the schedule comes out.
Told her I will not be pressured to renew with their deadline at the end of January, since she indicated the schedule will be out likely in February at the earliest.
The games cannot be all through the week except Wednesday, has to be the weekend.
Any one else get a call?

Curious, did they have the phones ringing again? We're you able to find out how many ST have been sold this year?

argotom
12-15-2016, 06:38 PM
Curious, did they have the phones ringing again? We're you able to find out how many ST have been sold this year?

Get lost.

Kenners
12-16-2016, 09:45 AM
I believe that it's January 31st, but if you have the $50 Grey Cup credit it expires December 23rd.

yup, confirmed. held till end of jan!

AngeloV
12-16-2016, 01:53 PM

LMFAO...People at work think I've lost my mind.

I played telephone tag with Michael Carter all week, and finally spoke to him and renewed today. Nice guy, and I'm sure he was very happy that I was on his list of people to call rather than AT.

:D

R.J
12-17-2016, 07:31 PM
I also have a new ticket rep for the Argos, and a new ticket rep for the Rock as well. I received my phone call earlier this week, and I brought up that the plan right now is not to renew, and I wanted my credit paid back. I explained that until Barker and Milanovich are gone (also brought up how much I loathed the Drew Willy trade) that I wouldn't be coming back.

BATKINSON001
12-18-2016, 09:48 AM
I just renewed. I had a credit on my visa from a Kickstarter charge that was refunded so my $300 season seat ($220 after Argos credit - 50 + 30) was only around $120.

I couldn't resist at that price. Btw anyone know what the crf charge is in the price breakdown?

R.J
12-18-2016, 12:04 PM
http://cfl.wp.uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2016/01/29204707/Ticket-Grid-REVISED.jpg

BATKINSON001
12-18-2016, 12:09 PM
http://cfl.wp.uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2016/01/29204707/Ticket-Grid-REVISED.jpg

Doesnt explain what the crf is. Is it an acronym for something?

R.J
12-18-2016, 12:18 PM
Doesnt explain what the crf is. Is it an acronym for something?
Capital replacement fund - it's essentially just a facility/seat fee.

Tobythor
12-19-2016, 07:26 PM
I renewed. I went from Silver A ($500) to the fanzone in section 114 ($299). After the reduction in price from my credits from last year it was under $200 per ticket. Even after all the disappointments of last year, both on and off the field, I still want to support the team and be there. If the product improves maybe will look into better seats again. I'm looking forward to being close to the band, I always enjoy the atmosphere they bring to the game!

KCargosfan
12-20-2016, 12:39 AM

This is imperative information that needs to be found out.

BATKINSON001
12-20-2016, 01:36 AM
This is imperative information that needs to be found out.yes it is. Asap.

Treblecharger1
12-21-2016, 02:36 PM
Renewed back in 114... Great group of guys in that section.

vanhalen26
12-21-2016, 03:41 PM
I'm renewing but fewer seats.

Neely2005
12-21-2016, 07:00 PM
I'm renewing but fewer seats.

We did the same.

ArgoGabe22
12-21-2016, 07:17 PM
Renewing the same 2 seats in the new year. I hate witnessing players who give up on their team, in all sports, whether professional or recreational. So, as a fan why should I give up supporting this team?

AngeloV
12-21-2016, 07:41 PM
Renewing the same 2 seats in the new year. I hate witnessing players who give up on their team, in all sports, whether professional or recreational. So, as a fan why should I give up supporting this team?

I like that attitude Gabe. By some of the comments I see on here, I am starting to think that (aholes aside) TFC does have a better and more loyal group of fans. They put up with 8-10 years of crap, prior to the last 2 years, and this year especially, and they kept coming back.

R.J
12-21-2016, 07:51 PM
FWIW I do agree. Now, I don't want to turn this into another Milo-Barker thread, but to put it mildly I've never disliked a coach more than Scott Milanovich, I've hated the direction he's taken this team. IMO that says a lot considering what Mike Kelly did in Winnipeg. You want to talk about contempt for the fans, Kelly flat out told the media that he didn't give a rats ass what the fans and media thought about him or how he ran the team, and that everyone should just shut up - I'm not kidding about that btw.

It's not easy for me to decide to vote with my feet, but I'm not going to sit through another season of watching this craptastic offence (2010-2016 is long enough). My cousin who sits with me during games brought up that he noticed I wasn't into games the way I used to be, I'm a lot quieter and I can predict where the ball is going about 80% of the time to my own dismay. This season I left games early 3 times, I've never done that in my life - no matter the score I've sat through every second of Winnipeg Blue Bombers, Mississauga Icedogs, Mississauga Majors, Hamilton Tiger-Cats, Indycar, F1, AFL (Aussie Rules football), and Toronto Raptors, Rock, Leafs, Marlies and Argo games in the past. People here may not get why I won't renew until Barker and especially Milo are gone, and while it's nobody's business what I do with my money, I've been losing my fandom of this team in the last 3 and 1/2 years, so for me it's justified to do what I feel I have to do.

Argo57
12-21-2016, 08:24 PM
FWIW I do agree. Now, I don't want to turn this into another Milo-Barker thread, but to put it mildly I've never disliked a coach more than Scott Milanovich, I've hated the direction he's taken this team. IMO that says a lot considering what Mike Kelly did in Winnipeg. You want to talk about contempt for the fans, Kelly flat out told the media that he didn't give a rats ass what the fans and media thought about him or how he ran the team, and that everyone should just shut up - I'm not kidding about that btw.

It's not easy for me to decide to vote with my feet, but I'm not going to sit through another season of watching this craptastic offence (2010-2016 is long enough). My cousin who sits with me during games brought up that he noticed I wasn't into games the way I used to be, I'm a lot quieter and I can predict where the ball is going about 80% of the time to my own dismay. This season I left games early 3 times, I've never done that in my life - no matter the score I've sat through every second of Winnipeg Blue Bombers, Mississauga Icedogs, Mississauga Majors, Hamilton Tiger-Cats, Indycar, F1, AFL (Aussie Rules football), and Toronto Raptors, Rock, Leafs, Marlies and Argo games in the past. People here may not get why I won't renew until Barker and especially Milo are gone, and while it's nobody's business what I do with my money, I've been losing my fandom of this team in the last 3 and 1/2 years, so for me it's justified to do what I feel I have to do.

100% agree it's your prerogative how you spend your money.
The 2012 offence was entertaining to watch as Ray was still in his prime and the Argos had an amazing receiving group and of course Kackert but the talent level has declined and opposition DC's have more than figured Milanovich's system out.
Milanovich on the other hand hasn't adjusted.
Getting back to the topic I have already renewed for 2017 but will be rethinking if 2017 turns out to be a pitiful as 2016.

R.J
12-21-2016, 08:34 PM
100% agree it's your prerogative how you spend your money.
The 2012 offence was entertaining to watch as Ray was still in his prime and the Argos had an amazing receiving group and of course Kackert but the talent level has declined and opposition DC's have more than figured Milanovich's system out.
Milanovich on the other hand hasn't adjusted.
Getting back to the topic I have already renewed for 2017 but will be rethinking if 2017 turns out to be a pitiful as 2016.
The funny thing is I've checked up on the Argos seat selector just to see if some good seats open up (no luck as of yet). I really don't want to sit out 2017, because this is my team, but I just can't sit through another season of Milo's offense and Barker's struggles with building a good team for the long term. I have Ticats season tickets for 2017, but the plan was to have both, only watching the Ticats live in 2017 doesn't sit well with me lol.

Argo57
12-21-2016, 08:47 PM
The funny thing is I've checked up on the Argos seat selector just to see if some good seats open up (no luck as of yet). I really don't want to sit out 2017, because this is my team, but I just can't sit through another season of Milo's offense and Barker's struggles with building a good team for the long term. I have Ticats season tickets for 2017, but the plan was to have both, only watching the Ticats live in 2017 doesn't sit well with me lol.

I managed to move and get first row upper level seats for 2017 (I know that's your preference) fortunately for you (unfortunate for the team) I suspect your options will increase during and after the renewal process.
Hopefully you give it another chance, the Argonauts need us diehards to hang tough and keep supporting them!

PullTogether73
12-21-2016, 09:13 PM
I have already renewed for 2017 but will be rethinking if 2017 turns out to be a pitiful as 2016.

Identical situation for me.

Furthermore, the predominant negative "third rate" view of CFL football in Toronto has me starting to think that way.
I'm getting tired of swimming upstream it seems.:sick:

Argo57
12-21-2016, 09:28 PM
Identical situation for me.

Furthermore, the predominant negative "third rate" view of CFL football in Toronto has me starting to think that way.
I'm getting tired of swimming upstream it seems.:sick:

I've enjoyed the CFL for over 40 years and still believe that it offers more entertainment value than the NFL, the only thing "third rate" is people dumping on our league without actually giving it a chance.
Your point is valid, it certainly does get tiresome constantly having to defend the league but hopefully our own team helps out this season with better display of football.

ArgofanIan
12-21-2016, 10:24 PM
I renewed today my 2 season tickets... looks like I will be moving to West side in the 200's. I really like the new stadium and Shipyard, and I want to try tailgating next year at least once. I usually end up standing in the end zone but I find the view from the 200 level excellent.

ARGO Fans .... we pull together....

Downtownfan
12-22-2016, 09:18 AM
I'm going to renew my 4 today. Been a tough year as an Argos fan, but the Grey Cup was great. I took three guys, two of which were skeptical on the CFL, but all of us had a great time, and one of the guys told me he was "converted to the CFL" (with enthusiasm!). So, since we get some freebies, I will probably send them his way this season. I think that there has to be some changes in terms of the on-field product, there will be a better sked (hopefully), and a better effort by the FO on both aspects.

Downtownfan
12-22-2016, 10:28 AM
Just got off the phone to renew with Rob Richardson, who was his usual excellent self, very helpful. A couple of things that he passed along:
-the extra tickets you can use in any combination (i.e., if you have access to 8, you can use all 8 at one game, or split them up); also, if the section that you are in is sold out, the tickets will be bumped to the higher price range.
-sked will come out likely in mid-January-- much earlier than usual. No midweek games; mostly weekend. A much friendlier schedule which I think will really help attendance and also in setting a good game day vibe (ie. Shipyard and Tailgates on Saturday afternoons are way better than Wednesday night).
-I made some suggestions for the gift: said that maybe a hat or shirt with the throwback logo would be cool, especially if it was "exclusive" to season ticket holders, and gave us this distinction. Stuff that you wear is good advertising for the brand.

mchesher03
12-22-2016, 04:29 PM
nice to hear the schedule will be out early! Like many, I like to know when games are, especially home games to plan around.

argofandave
12-23-2016, 12:09 AM
I renewed all 4 of my seats on Thursday.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8