PDA

View Full Version : Argos GM Jim Barker looking for another hidden "gem" at Florida tryout camp

R.J
04-24-2012, 09:20 PM
http://www.thestar.com/sports/football/cfl/argos/article/1167302--argos-gm-jim-barker-looking-for-another-hidden-gem-at-florida-tryout-camp

argotom
04-24-2012, 09:50 PM
Good article snow, surprisingly from the anti CFL Star.
The writer is someone other then Chris Z, maybe will be exclusively resposnible for the CFL and Argos.
In the same light, isn't it sad how none of the papers here locally have their beat writers at the Florida camp?

1argoholic
04-25-2012, 12:34 AM
Hopefully he finds someone good enough to beat out Wroten.

AngeloV
04-25-2012, 09:37 AM
Hopefully he finds someone good enough to beat out Wroten.

I'd like to see what Wroten can do with a full camp under his belt. If they find someone better than him, great. But I'm not prepared to write him off.

gilthethrill
04-25-2012, 10:04 AM
I found it interesting the process the camp participants go through to make it this far. Wroten I think was built up a bit too much by Barker last season, so when he failed to live up to those expectations, some forum members are hoping to see him replaced. I too would like to see what he can do with a camp under his belt.

gilthethrill
04-25-2012, 10:06 AM
Good article snow, surprisingly from the anti CFL Star.
The writer is someone other then Chris Z, maybe will be exclusively resposnible for the CFL and Argos.
In the same light, isn't it sad how none of the papers here locally have their beat writers at the Florida camp?

Someone, perhaps Mark Masters was at the Florida camp last year & provided excellent coverage.

ArgoRavi
04-25-2012, 10:24 AM
Someone, perhaps Mark Masters was at the Florida camp last year & provided excellent coverage.

I believe that it was Terry Koshan of the Sun who did this but Koshan is now on the Leafs beat.

Will
04-25-2012, 08:56 PM
I believe that it was Terry Koshan of the Sun who did this but Koshan is now on the Leafs beat.

Koshan is covering the Panthers-Devils series so maybe he'll make a side trip :)

7dj83r8f78t4alf8