PDA

View Full Version : BMO FIELD end zones

jojoheath
12-23-2016, 02:06 PM
I was surprised to learn the end zones are the old style artificial turf and not the Field Turf. Is it because the newer stuff would get matted down too much when covered up?? I would like to know...

Tobythor
12-23-2016, 04:46 PM
Those black rubber pellets used in the field turf system can be a nuisance, maybe they don't want the pellets getting into the real grass.

AngeloV
12-23-2016, 10:20 PM
I was surprised to learn the end zones are the old style artificial turf and not the Field Turf. Is it because the newer stuff would get matted down too much when covered up?? I would like to know...

I have my doubts about that. Do you have a source?

ArgoGabe22
12-23-2016, 10:23 PM

Sitting in the stadium, I never noticed the old style artificial turf. It does look more like the newer stuff though but I was never pay attention to details anyways.

jojoheath
12-24-2016, 08:06 AM
Some players were saying it was slippery during the grey cup game. I have also seen it up close when you stand behind the north end zone. Maybe it is the newer type of turf, just matted down from the soccer seats. I think they are looking at making some improvements to the end zones according to my ticket rep.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8