PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Free Agent Tracker Which Ones Should Argos Resign and Pursue?

jerrym
12-24-2016, 03:32 AM
The CFL Free Agent Tracker is out. At this point, there have been very few extensions.The Argos have only extended ST Jake Reinhart. Calgary with 6 extensions and BC with 4 lead the way, perhaps not unsurprisingly when you consider their history of success under Buono and Hufnagel.

Among the free agents, which Argos would you like to see them resign and which ones should they go after on other teams?

http://www.cfl.ca/fa17/

OV Argo
12-24-2016, 01:56 PM
The CFL Free Agent Tracker is out. At this point, there have been very few extensions.The Argos have only extended ST Jake Reinhart. Calgary with 6 extensions and BC with 4 lead the way, perhaps not unsurprisingly when you consider their history of success under Buono and Hufnagel.

Among the free agents, which Argos would you like to see them resign and which ones should they go after on other teams?

http://www.cfl.ca/fa17/

Tons of free agents to go after this off-season - once again - going to be commonplace in the CFL now?

D-backfield is a major area for re-build IMO and there are some good ones on that list: Kenneh & Hightower from Ottawa; Ojo (Esks - coming back from injury question though), Emanuel Davis (Ticats).

O-line needs help too: Stanley Bryant and Dennis (Stamps - did he just win O-lineman of the year?) are 2 pretty proven starting import OTs; Nolan MacMillan (RedBlacks) is one of the best young interior O-linemen in the league IMO, but he is an Ottawa Valley guy and I'll guess will stay put

Sure be nice (but also very co$tly probably) to steal receiver Derrel Walker from the Esks, but heard he is going to get an NFL shot ?

Like to see the Argos go after some more young Canadian talent - there are guys who have been little used - mostly back-ups or part-time players or ST guys mostly so far, but who have built up some CFL roster experience. A couple of those might emerge as quality starters if given a real shot. DE Ben D'Aguilar (Stamps have shown him next to zero D playing time) or receiver Charbonneau-Campeau (in a mix with a number of NI receivers with the Stamps) are 2 examples.

ArgoGabe22
12-24-2016, 02:10 PM
With so much turnover, the East may be completely different next season.

Argo57
12-24-2016, 02:13 PM
Tons of free agents to go after this off-season - once again - going to be commonplace in the CFL now?

D-backfield is a major area for re-build IMO and there are some good ones on that list: Kenneh & Hightower from Ottawa; Ojo (Esks - coming back from injury question though), Emanuel Davis (Ticats).

O-line needs help too: Stanley Bryant and Dennis (Stamps - did he just win O-lineman of the year?) are 2 pretty proven starting import OTs; Nolan MacMillan (RedBlacks) is one of the best young interior O-linemen in the league IMO, but he is an Ottawa Valley guy and I'll guess will stay put

Sure be nice (but also very co$tly probably) to steal receiver Derrel Walker from the Esks, but heard he is going to get an NFL shot ?

Like to see the Argos go after some more young Canadian talent - there are guys who have been little used - mostly back-ups or part-time players or ST guys mostly so far, but who have built up some CFL roster experience. A couple of those might emerge as quality starters if given a real shot. DE Ben D'Aguilar (Stamps have shown him next to zero D playing time) or receiver Charbonneau-Campeau (in a mix with a number of NI receivers with the Stamps) are 2 examples.

The Argonauts have so many needs heading into 2017 they should be active in free agency.
Even if the Argos have a great recruiting year down south they still need quality veterans with CFL experience.
Nolan MacMillan's family were sitting next to us at the Grey Cup, nice people but can't see him wanting to play elsewhere.

KCargosfan
12-27-2016, 12:58 AM
Need to re-sign Kenny Shaw and I would go after Broullette from the Als (he's a Montreal guy, though, so might be tough to get away) and Emmanuel Davis from Hamilton.

I will be interested to see what happens with Chad Owens and Andy Fantu$. I think Owens' career is likely over. He had a heck of a four-year run.

Is Shamawd Chambers worth a TC look? I thought he would be better in the league than he has.

Stevoman
12-28-2016, 09:04 AM
I know last years free agent additions didn't work out too well for the team but I really need to think they need to be highly active this year. Teams can be turned around quickly because of it and that's exactly what the Argos need.

ArgoGabe22
12-28-2016, 09:53 AM
Argos should look at adding a few middle of the road players. Similar to when Calgary picked up McDaniel from Hamilton. They don't have to be the biggest names but players who won't be overpriced and still have a lot of years left. The players they signed last year were either too old or too beat up.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8