PDA

View Full Version : What Quarterback Gives Us The Best Chance To Win (Now) ?

Neely2005
01-03-2017, 12:29 PM
Out of our current quarterbacks who do you think gives us the best chance to win?

AngeloV
01-03-2017, 12:49 PM
Hard to really vote on this. If they change the offence to include a bigger back and more running, I would say Ray can still flourish with a defence having to play honest.

RB957
01-03-2017, 01:45 PM
If he is healthy, Ricky Ray is still the best QB on our current roster. But every year, that if becomes a bigger issue. Since I have to vote now, and assuming that Ricky will be healthy come training camp, I vote Ray.

Wobbler
01-03-2017, 02:33 PM
I'm not sure that "right now" is all that important. There may be no such thing as a rebuilding year in the CFL, but I hope we devote the first half of the season to figuring out what our new (hopefully extensively rebuilt) team does well. That should include trying a few different QBs, IMO.

PullTogether73
01-03-2017, 03:24 PM
Assuming the status quo from last year, I don't think any of the QBs throw swing passes for gains of 0-3 yards any better than the others. So no vote there.

Assuming a change in offensive strategy from last year, where true quarterbacking skills are required, I vote Ray.

Will
01-03-2017, 03:24 PM
The future hall-of-famer.

doubleblue
01-03-2017, 03:54 PM
Hard to really vote on this. If they change the offence to include a bigger back and more running, I would say Ray can still flourish with a defence having to play honest.

I would have to go with approach. But for some unknown reason Milanovich likes his pony backs.

AngeloV
01-03-2017, 06:21 PM
I would have to go with approach. But for some unknown reason Milanovich likes his pony backs.

I like Whitaker a lot, but in order to protect Ray, they need to have some power running. Argos were especially bad on 2nd and 2 all last year. First down production was not a problem. It was 2nd down where they really struggled.

Argo57
01-03-2017, 07:36 PM
Ricky Ray gets my vote.

ArgoGabe22
01-03-2017, 07:43 PM
I still think Ray can play as a starter. Just need to have a QB 1B in case he gets injured.

R.J
01-03-2017, 08:22 PM
Fajardo, at least until Baker Mayfield hopefully one day joins the team.

ArgoZ
01-03-2017, 09:57 PM
If the season starts with Ray, who I think has another season left in him (the Grey Cup MVP was 40) and Willy as backup, I don't think that sounds too bad considering the alternatives. As many have mentioned, Willy can only improve with a full camp. I really think the team needs a fresh approach on offence though. A deteriorating mindset seemed to enter the team last season when the "wheels fell off". There may still be lasting effects and a new start would be beneficial. Even if Trestman's system is similar to Milos, the new face would do wonders IMO.

jerrym
01-03-2017, 10:41 PM
IMO, Ray clearly gives us the best chance of winning now, if he is healthy for most or all of the season, and based on past experience that's a big if. Of the others, Willy looks best now but his lack of confidence and mobility raise major questions. However, at his best and with a good OL to protect him, he looks like he could be a decent starter, but not in the first rank of QBs. LeFevour looks like an emergency replacement. I have not seen much progress with Kilgore but his play has been quite limited. Fajardo may have the ability to be a starter, but that is in the future, if it occurs.

jerrym
01-03-2017, 10:45 PM
I'm not sure that "right now" is all that important. There may be no such thing as a rebuilding year in the CFL, but I hope we devote the first half of the season to figuring out what our new (hopefully extensively rebuilt) team does well. That should include trying a few different QBs, IMO.

I answered the question as a "now' question, but like Wobbler "right now" is not the proper context when thinking of 2017. As he says, this is a rebuilding year in which the Argos should focus on finding their future QB.

Neely2005
01-03-2017, 11:02 PM
If the season starts with Ray, who I think has another season left in him (the Grey Cup MVP was 40) and Willy as backup, I don't think that sounds too bad considering the alternatives. As many have mentioned, Willy can only improve with a full camp. I really think the team needs a fresh approach on offence though. A deteriorating mindset seemed to enter the team last season when the "wheels fell off". There may still be lasting effects and a new start would be beneficial. Even if Trestman's system is similar to Milos, the new face would do wonders IMO.

41 actually.
:-)

ArgoRavi
01-04-2017, 12:25 AM

I agree with most of what you are saying here although I think that Milo as head coach can still work well.

PullTogether73
01-04-2017, 01:44 AM
I would have to go with approach.

What does this mean?

PullTogether73
01-04-2017, 01:45 AM
Fajardo, at least until Baker Mayfield hopefully one day joins the team.

For the CFL, I'd take DeShaun Watson over Mayfield.

argolio
01-05-2017, 12:17 AM
For the CFL, I'd take DeShaun Watson over Mayfield.I think the NFL is taking both (Mayfield will play one more year at Oklahoma).

7dj83r8f78t4alf8