PDA

View Full Version : What Quarterback Gives Us The 2nd Best Chance To Win (Now) ?

Neely2005
01-04-2017, 07:51 AM
Ray is winning the first Poll handily so let's make things more interesting.
:-)

PullTogether73
01-04-2017, 10:17 AM
LOL!
Neely has found a new online toy - forum polls!
(They've all been good imo.)

And yes, this one is definitely tougher than the first string QB poll.

Alright, I know Neely (among several) is very set against Willy, but I'll go with him since the poll asks for winning NOW.
To me, he played behind a horrendous offensive line in Winnipeg - part of the reason he was injured often (Buck Pearce II).
But I thought he was a decent QB overall. His stint with the Argos last season was unimpressive, but I do blame a chunk of that on Milanovich (and Barker?) wanting to try and save the season at any cost. He clearly wasn't ready to play the new offence, plus that offence didn't do well with ANY QB last season, so maybe it wasn't the QBs who were at fault(?).

I like the added dimension Lefevour brings with his running ability, and he seems to have a good sense of when to scramble/run versus waiting to throw, but his throwing leaves a lot to be desired for me.

RB957
01-04-2017, 11:10 AM
LOL!

Alright, I know Neely (among several) is very set against Willy, but I'll go with him since the poll asks for winning NOW.
To me, he played behind a horrendous offensive line in Winnipeg - part of the reason he was injured often (Buck Pearce II).
But I thought he was a decent QB overall. His stint with the Argos last season was unimpressive, but I do blame a chunk of that on Milanovich (and Barker?) wanting to try and save the season at any cost. He clearly wasn't ready to play the new offence, plus that offence didn't do well with ANY QB last season, so maybe it wasn't the QBs who were at fault(?).

I like the added dimension Lefevour brings with his running ability, and he seems to have a good sense of when to scramble/run versus waiting to throw, but his throwing leaves a lot to be desired for me.

With a full training camp under his belt, I agree with GreyDragon that Willy is our next best chance. LeFevour does bring the run dimension but I just don't think his passing ability is good enough. Fajardo has great potential but is too green to be a starter, and in my opinion the jury is out on Kilgore. He has the skills and a strong arm, but the question is can he bounce back from those horrible games he played before he got pulled. I think he can, so I am not ready to give up on him.

Neely2005
01-04-2017, 11:21 AM
LOL!

Lol, who doesn't like a good Poll?
:-)

Willy's stats really aren't any better than Lefevour's overall and we didn't give up the first overall pick for him.

He also threw 6 TDs compared to Willy's 3.

Full Argos stats:

Willy
TOR
4 GP
77 COMP
113 ATT
681 YDS
3 TD
1 INT
6.0 AVG

LeFevour
TOR
4 GP
73 COMP
105 ATT
779 YDS
6 TD
6 INT
7.4 AVG

So how is Willy any better than Lefevour?

Right now this is the worst Argonauts trade in my 25+ years as an Argonauts fan. And when this trade was made I was arguing to give it and Willy a chance. Boy was I wrong!

According to CFLstats.ca in 2016:

Willy was sacked 25 times in 16 games.
LeFevour was sacked 5 times in 10 games.

I'm still searching for Willy's Argonauts only stats.

http://cflstats.ca/player/4795/drew-willy

http://cflstats.ca/player/5377/dan-lefevour

AngeloV
01-04-2017, 12:33 PM
With a full training camp under his belt, I agree with GreyDragon that Willy is our next best chance. LeFevour does bring the run dimension but I just don't think his passing ability is good enough. Fajardo has great potential but is too green to be a starter, and in my opinion the jury is out on Kilgore. He has the skills and a strong arm, but the question is can he bounce back from those horrible games he played before he got pulled. I think he can, so I am not ready to give up on him.

I'm with you on Kilgore. I think the biggest mistake the Argos made was not going back to him when it was apparent the team was going nowhere (after the Montreal game). The playing time would have been huge for him.

Will
01-04-2017, 12:36 PM
I'm with you on Kilgore. I think the biggest mistake the Argos made was not going back to him when it was apparent the team was going nowhere (after the Montreal game). The playing time would have been huge for him.

Ideally yes, except the acquisition of Willy made that idea kaput.

Argo57
01-04-2017, 06:42 PM
Cody Fajardo gets my vote, good mobility (which should help the O-Line) and pretty decent passer, big disappointment when he got injured.
I would give Kilgore a good long look in camp and agree with Angelo in regards to getting him in before the seasons end.
I still say LeFevour could be a good "change of pace" type guy.
The other QB in camp can make sure the Gatorade bottles are full.

AngeloV
01-04-2017, 07:57 PM
Cody Fajardo gets my vote, good mobility (which should help the O-Line) and pretty decent passer, big disappointment when he got injured.
I would give Kilgore a good long look in camp and agree with Angelo in regards to getting him in before the seasons end.
I still say LeFevour could be a good "change of pace" type guy.
The other QB in camp can make sure the Gatorade bottles are full.

But if you have Fajardo as the change of pace guy, there is really no need to bring in Lefevour. I doubt he would have played a down had Fajardo not gotten injured.

Argo57
01-04-2017, 08:07 PM
But if you have Fajardo as the change of pace guy, there is really no need to bring in Lefevour. I doubt he would have played a down had Fajardo not gotten injured.

True enough Angelo, Fajardo has good size, mobility and a much superior arm to LeFevour so your point is well taken.

RB957
01-04-2017, 10:02 PM
True enough Angelo, Fajardo has good size, mobility and a much superior arm to LeFevour so your point is well taken.

And Fajardo is only turning 25 this year, whereas LeFevour is turning 30. Much bigger potential upside with Fajardo.

Will
01-05-2017, 05:18 PM
I'll be watching Fajardo closely in training camp this year. I honestly thought much more of Kilgore (in camp).

argolio
01-05-2017, 07:02 PM
I'll be watching Fajardo closely in training camp this year. I honestly thought much more of Kilgore (in camp).Kilgore looked good in camp, and in preseason. Assuming Barker and Milo are back, they surely know it's win in 2017 or they're out. Do they still have faith in Kilgore?

AngeloV
01-05-2017, 07:16 PM
I'll be watching Fajardo closely in training camp this year. I honestly thought much more of Kilgore (in camp).

Likely due to the pecking order. Kilgore being with the club longer got considerably more reps than Fajardo, and had longer to learn the league. I like them both.

R.J
01-06-2017, 11:59 AM
Chose Fajardo for the other one, so there wasn't much to choose from this time, but chose Lefevour. Kilgore still has potential, but I wouldn't trust him to start nor be the second option at this time, and the only time you can play Drew Willy is garbage time, as that's the only time he plays well.

jerrym
01-06-2017, 09:35 PM
I'd pick Willy second (after Ray) if the time frame is NOW, but only if he has a good OL in front of him as his lack of mobility without this would lead to a repeat of his time with the Argos in 2016.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8