Saturday, July 22, 2017 TBD
Sunday, July 30, 2017 2:00PM ET
Saturday, August 12, 2017 TBD
Wednesday, August 23, 2017 TBD
Saturday, September 9, 2017 TBD
Wednesday, September 20, 2017 TBD
Saturday, September 30, 2017 TBD
Sunday, October 15, 2017 3:00PM ET

This does not include other games they may have to cram in during their season.

Downtownfan
01-12-2017, 04:51 PM
June 10 (pre season)

and 9 of these 10 weeks
July 1
July 8
July 15
Aug 5
Aug 19
Aug 26
Sep 16
Sep 23
Oct 7
Oct 21

That actually looks like a pretty good sked, and I would love to have a Saturday Canada Day game to kick things off, with a huge Canada Day tailgate/bbq!

Mightygoose
01-12-2017, 05:22 PM
June 10 (pre season)

and 9 of these 10 weeks
July 1
July 8
July 15
Aug 5
Aug 19
Aug 26
Sep 16
Sep 23
Oct 7
Oct 21

Not bad! July 15 is out as the Indy runs July 14-16.

There's still room the last weekend of October and the first week of November so we should have a good schedule this year.

Shipyard
01-12-2017, 05:32 PM
Not bad! July 15 is out as the Indy runs July 14-16.

There's still room the last weekend of October and the first week of November so we should have a good schedule this year.

indy your right, forgot about that

..soooo if they listened to the fans, our schedule is (assuming all saturday games)
best part of TSN not dumping MLS coverage is we "basically" have control over the scheduling at bmo

June 10 (pre season)

July 1 (week 2)
July 8
Aug 5
Aug 19
Aug 26
Sep 16
Sep 23
Oct 7
Oct 21

paulwoods13
01-12-2017, 07:13 PM
That would be a fairly decent schedule, with mostly Saturdays and maybe a few Friday nights. Guess we won't have our "usual" Saturday-after-Labour Day rematch with the Ticats, but that's not a big deal. I'd prefer fewer back-to-back home dates than the three here but we're never gonna get perfection.

Neely2005
01-12-2017, 08:21 PM
indy your right, forgot about that

..soooo if they listened to the fans, our schedule is (assuming all saturday games)
best part of TSN not dumping MLS coverage is we "basically" have control over the scheduling at bmo

June 10 (pre season)

July 1
July 8
Aug 5
Aug 19
Aug 26
Sep 16
Sep 23
Oct 7
Oct 21

I think you'll see 1 Thursday game, 1 Friday game, a couple holiday Monday games and some Sunday games.

ArgoFan1
01-13-2017, 03:53 AM
We should know for sure in about 6 weeks. Schedule usually comes out by the end of February.

Neely2005
01-13-2017, 09:18 AM
We should know for sure in about 6 weeks. Schedule usually comes out by the end of February.

Rumours that it may be out in January this year.

Downtownfan
01-13-2017, 09:23 AM
Yeah, I was told by someone in the Argos office that the sked could be out in January. There are no complications this year for either the Argos or the league in terms of construction or other events (i.e., soccer tournaments, etc.) that there have been in previous years, so it might come out earlier than in the past. That would be nice. The way it looks is that the Argos get two dates a month from July to Oct., and so does TFC, which is fairly even. Now that MLS is on TSN exclusively, since TV really rules the roost for scheduling, this will help the Argos/CFL.

mchesher03
01-13-2017, 09:51 AM
oh man how far we've come! That'd be great and given what we've dealt with over the last few years, almost a complete 180!

PullTogether73
01-13-2017, 10:03 AM
June 10 (pre season)

and 9 of these 10 weeks
July 1
July 8
July 15
Aug 5
Aug 19
Aug 26
Sep 16
Sep 23
Oct 7
Oct 21

So, what is the source for this "likely" schedule?
Do you know someone at the CFL or Argonauts who has access to the scheduling?

stuntdog
01-13-2017, 10:17 AM
I think you'll see 1 Thursday game, 1 Friday game, a couple holiday Monday games and some Sunday games.
Yes I expect some Thursday & Friday home games on the schedule to satisfy TSN.

paulwoods13
01-13-2017, 11:41 AM
Looking closely at TFC's schedule and allowing for gaps between games, I think Shipyaard has it about right but I would add a couple more possibilities:

Preseason
June 10

Regular season (9 of these 12 weekends)
June 30 or July 1
July 6, 7 or 8 (could be our week for a Thursday game)
July 13, 14 or 15 (could be our week for a Thursday game)
Aug. 5 or 7 (Civic Holiday Monday)
Aug. 18 or 19
Aug. 25 or 26 (I think they will do maximum of one game at home during CNE, so likely won't be both of these weeks)
Sept. 15 or 16
Sept. 22 or 23
Oct. 7, 8 or 9 (Thanksgiving weekend)
Oct. 21 or 22
Oct. 28 or 29
Nov. 3 or 4

Gill The Thrill
01-14-2017, 02:55 AM
Please have more games in the fall than just 2. The real football season is in the fall, not in June. Last year's schedule was so poorly front-loaded with home dates, that you knew the Argos were going to be in trouble after their Labour Day loss in Hamilton, which saw their record fall 4-6. With a month between home dates after their Labour Day rematch and playing 5 of their last 7 on the road, you knew they were done in for. It made it hard to follow the last third as a fan, and watching how the team played, it didn't look much better playing that schedule as a player.

Neely2005
01-14-2017, 08:39 AM
Please have more games in the fall than just 2. The real football season is in the fall, not in June. Last year's schedule was so poorly front-loaded with home dates, that you knew the Argos were going to be in trouble after their Labour Day loss in Hamilton, which saw their record fall 4-6. With a month between home dates after their Labour Day rematch and playing 5 of their last 7 on the road, you knew they were done in for. It made it hard to follow the last third as a fan, and watching how the team played, it didn't look much better playing that schedule as a player.

The Argonauts road record was better than their home record last season.

We actually liked not having many cold weather Fall home games / tailgates. We requested more summer games in the survey.

R.J
01-14-2017, 09:36 AM
Balanced would be my number one option, but I'd take a heavy fall schedule over a summer one any time.

Neely2005
01-14-2017, 01:44 PM
Balanced would be my number one option, but I'd take a heavy fall schedule over a summer one any time.

To each their own. We don't find tailgating or watching games outdoors in the cold enjoyable.

paulwoods13
01-14-2017, 03:26 PM
Many fans who sat on the east side didn't find sitting in the blazing sun enjoyable last season. I expect summer Saturday games will be at 6 or 7 but certainly no earlier than 4. Lots of time to tailgate. The few fall home games we had weren't close to "cold," IIRC. One was a bit cool. I expect our fall weekend games to be 4 o'clock starts, mostly.

Regardless, I agree with AV that front-loading home games in the summer would be bad from a competitive standpoint. The ideal schedule would rotate home and away all season. Best for selling tix and best for the team not getting jammed up with road games. In the CFL every team tends to end up with a couple of back-to-backs but any more than two in a row at home or on the road is bad.

Neely2005
01-14-2017, 03:41 PM
Many fans who sat on the east side didn't find sitting in the blazing sun enjoyable last season. I expect summer Saturday games will be at 6 or 7 but certainly no earlier than 4. Lots of time to tailgate. The few fall home games we had weren't close to "cold," IIRC. One was a bit cool. I expect our fall weekend games to be 4 o'clock starts, mostly.

Regardless, I agree with AV that front-loading home games in the summer would be bad from a competitive standpoint. The ideal schedule would rotate home and away all season. Best for selling tix and best for the team not getting jammed up with road games. In the CFL every team tends to end up with a couple of back-to-backs but any more than two in a row at home or on the road is bad.

Our last home regular season was quite cold, especially in the second half. I don't think that to many people will be lining up to sit outside for a regular season game in late October or November.

AngeloV
01-14-2017, 03:44 PM
Our last home regular season was quite cold, especially in the second half. I don't think that to many people will be lining up to sit outside for a regular season game in late October or November.

Quite cold? Are you kidding? Is that you or your wife speaking?

Neely2005
01-14-2017, 03:55 PM
Quite cold? Are you kidding? Is that you or your wife speaking?

No, I was cold once the wind picked up and started swirling. It was the only regular season home game that I was cold. Now that I've gotten back to a healthy weight I feel the cold more. The flip side is the heat bothers me less so that's good.

paulwoods13
01-14-2017, 04:54 PM
Regardless, there is no reason why our fans should be any more coddled than anyone else's. It can be cold as hell in all stadiums (other than B.C.) at times during the fall. Toronto is no colder than other places, and arguably is the least susceptible of all stadiums to bone-chilling cold. And I'd rather freeze every now and then than have the team I support play mostly on the road down the stretch.

gilthethrill
01-14-2017, 05:39 PM
Regardless, there is no reason why our fans should be any more coddled than anyone else's. It can be cold as hell in all stadiums (other than B.C.) at times during the fall. Toronto is no colder than other places, and arguably is the least susceptible of all stadiums to bone-chilling cold. And I'd rather freeze every now and then than have the team I support play mostly on the road down the stretch.

I look forward to having to bundle up for a game (playoff game hopefully) in November. Have not done that since the old CNE days.

Neely2005
01-14-2017, 06:17 PM

Didn't say there is but This Thread and the Survey were asking My/Our preferences which is what I'm talking about in This Thread.

AngeloV
01-14-2017, 07:50 PM
Didn't say there is but This Thread and the Survey were asking My/Our preferences which is what I'm talking about in This Thread.

Actually theEthread had nothing to do with your preferences until you decided to volunteer them. There is a separate thread in this forum bout the survey.

Neely2005
01-14-2017, 08:10 PM
Actually theEthread had nothing to do with your preferences until you decided to volunteer them. There is a separate thread in this forum bout the survey.

You're right my mistake I got my Threads crossed up.

Neely2005
02-01-2017, 10:54 AM
Well so much for the schedule being out in January this year.

Will
02-02-2017, 10:39 AM
Well so much for the schedule being out in January this year.

Did they say that?

argolio
02-02-2017, 03:56 PM
Did they say that?Not sure, but a February release date is perfectly reasonable.

Gill The Thrill
02-04-2017, 07:55 AM
Well so much for the schedule being out in January this year.Called a ticket rep, heard that it will be released in a couple of weeks. I wanted to see the sched before I commit.

Hey bud, what's with the wimp-o-metre? 26 years at the dome has caused that opinion...Football is meant to be played in cooler weather, not in blazing heat, ask the players? You could always bring a fleece banket in cooler weather to keep warm enough, but in stifling heat, you could sweat up a storm in a birthday suit. Mind you the sunburn would not be too pleasant either. Just kidding about the wimp-o-metre jab, ...ok I mean it a little.

Only night games and no earlier than 7:30 pm in the summer....weekend afternoons in the fall, 4 pm in September and 1 pm in October and November....or a Friday night or two in the fall also. My first game live was a Friday night in September, and it was electric...the Argo home attendance record @ the old CNE stadium.

Neely2005
02-04-2017, 01:55 PM
Called a ticket rep, heard that it will be released in a couple of weeks. I wanted to see the sched before I commit.

Hey bud, what's with the wimp-o-metre? 26 years at the dome has caused that opinion...Football is meant to be played in cooler weather, not in blazing heat, ask the players? You could always bring a fleece banket in cooler weather to keep warm enough, but in stifling heat, you could sweat up a storm in a birthday suit. Mind you the sunburn would not be too pleasant either. Just kidding about the wimp-o-metre jab, ...ok I mean it a little.

Only night games and no earlier than 7:30 pm in the summer....weekend afternoons in the fall, 4 pm in September and 1 pm in October and November....or a Friday night or two in the fall also. My first game live was a Friday night in September, and it was electric...the Argo home attendance record @ the old CNE stadium.

Lol, getting old I guess. The cold bothers me more now than it used to, not really sure why.

AngeloV
02-04-2017, 05:12 PM
Lol, getting old I guess. The cold bothers me more now than it used to, not really sure why.

You're not alone. I feel the cold much worse than I did years ago. I just don't think it ever gets too cold in Toronto during the CFL season, at least not bitter cold where layering up won't even help. No idea how some of the NFL fans in cold weather cities do it in January.

KCargosfan
02-05-2017, 04:33 AM
You're not alone. I feel the cold much worse than I did years ago. I just don't think it ever gets too cold in Toronto during the CFL season, at least not bitter cold where layering up won't even help. No idea how some of the NFL fans in cold weather cities do it in January.

Busch Light would be my guess.

AngeloV
02-05-2017, 10:20 AM
Busch Light would be my guess.

LOL. I'm guessing closer to moon shine.

argotom
02-05-2017, 03:14 PM
Called a ticket rep, heard that it will be released in a couple of weeks. I wanted to see the sched before I commit.

My current position, waiting for the schedule.

gilthethrill
02-05-2017, 04:22 PM
LOL. I'm guessing closer to moon shine.

I actually have some of that in my basement. I will get out the ol' wineskin and BMO security will be none the wiser.

R.J
02-06-2017, 04:56 PM
According to Marshall Ferguson, the schedule could come out tomorrow.

BATKINSON001
02-06-2017, 06:20 PM
According to Marshall Ferguson, the schedule could come out tomorrow. that would be nice if it did.

Neely2005
02-06-2017, 07:51 PM
According to Marshall Ferguson, the schedule could come out tomorrow.

That would actually be smart timing. Give a day for the superbowl talk but don't wait to long so that football is still on the mind.

Neely2005
02-07-2017, 11:53 AM
Schedule to be released today:

http://3downnation.com/2017/02/07/cfl-schedule-released-todady/

AngeloV
02-07-2017, 01:08 PM
It's out. 5 Saturday, 1 Sunday, 1 Thursday, 1 Friday and 1 Monday. All in all, not bad. My only complaint from a competitive standpoint is they have 2 games in 5 days 3 times.

Neely2005
02-07-2017, 01:08 PM
It's out. 5 Saturday, 1 Sunday, 1 Thursday, 1 Friday and 1 Monday. All in all, not bad. My only complaint from a competitive standpoint is they have 2 games in 5 days 3 times.

http://us11.campaign-archive1.com/?u=419a4a2db0b6526a856c41a88&id=85803314bd&e=e0a4147c95

7dj83r8f78t4alf8