PDA

View Full Version : Sounds like Hank may be leaning towards retirement

Will
01-19-2017, 12:14 PM
That's what I've heard anyways.

gilthethrill
01-19-2017, 12:32 PM
I hope he comes back and causes a QB controversy in Ottawa that divides the team, causing kaos and confusion.

stuntdog
01-19-2017, 01:22 PM
Personally I’d like to see Burris accept the backup role and return for one more season. Park the ego (or shove it!) and wait for the inevitable injury that will give him the starters job and the opportunity to lead Ottawa into the GC at home. I really don’t like Ottawa’s chances if Harris gets injured and O’Brien or Jensen have to lead the team for a significant number of games.

From the article in the Ottawa Citizen (http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/football/cfl/redblacks-burris-leaning-towards-retiring):

Within the next week, the soon-to-be-42-year-old Burris, whose gutsy performance led the Redblacks to a stunning 39-33 overtime win over the Calgary Stampeders on Nov. 27, will make a tough decision with good reasons to both step away and to return for the 2017 CFL season.
“A lot of things point to me not playing,” said Burris, who wants to spend more time with his wife Nicole and their children Armand and Barron.
“I want to see what options are out there. I won’t have an opportunity to raise my kids again, so I’m thinking about that. With all the options, the ones that point to me (retiring), it’s tough to ignore those. I have to think about Henry Burris and my family and make the best decision for us. But there’s still a fire that burns inside me that wants to win another championship — at home (Ottawa hosts the 2017 Grey Cup).”
Pride will also weigh heavily in Burris’ decision. He’s been told he’d have to play a backup role to Trevor Harris. That could make it a non-starter for Burris, who was peeved when he played second fiddle for part of last season.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8