PDA

View Full Version : Take Bilukidi off your draft list until at least Round 4

KCargosfan
04-28-2012, 05:15 PM
He just got drafted in the NFL 6th round by Oakland. Even if he doesn't make the team a practice roster spot would be a good possibility. Definitely worth a late round CFL pick on though for years down the line imo.

gilthethrill
04-28-2012, 05:37 PM
I am waiting to see what happens to last years #1 pick Tyler Holmes. The next couple days will impact not only the Argos, but the entire CFL draft.

RoRoYoBoat
04-28-2012, 05:47 PM
There are a bunch of guys that will likely get FA contracts. League should really consider to move their draft to two weeks before camp. Instead of going into the draft blind and having agents like Hardaway hold them up.

KCargosfan
04-28-2012, 05:52 PM
There are a bunch of guys that will likely get FA contracts. League should really consider to move their draft to two weeks before camp. Instead of going into the draft blind and having agents like Hardaway hold them up.

Not a bad idea. It's likely Heenan, Chambers and Pasztor and possibly Plesius all get FA contracts. Since they wouldn't be available until late August at the earliest (if ever), there is going to be a lot of dice rolling on Thursday.

ArgoRavi
04-28-2012, 06:17 PM
Furthermore, the NFL has expanded their training camp rosters this year from 80 to 90 players which takes 320 players off the market for CFL teams for at least a few months.

ArgoGabe22
04-28-2012, 06:51 PM
^ At least Heenen publicaly announced he doesn't have his head in the clouds like one lineman. I'm still amazed Reinders got an NFL offer.

KCargosfan
04-28-2012, 07:33 PM
If Heenan gets offered $30K just to show up for training camp somewhere, that will be hard to turn down

Tyler Holmes wasn't drafted. Neither was Heenan, Chambers or Pasztor. Will be interesting to see what happens in FA with those and Plesius, even Hamilton's pick from last year, Moe Petrus.

marcwagz
04-28-2012, 09:34 PM
is holmes still in school or could he play for us this season if he gets no nfl offers?

KCargosfan
04-28-2012, 09:49 PM
is holmes still in school or could he play for us this season if he gets no nfl offers?

He is done with school and can play asap.

Nob
04-29-2012, 02:07 AM
Pasztor signed with Minnesota.

KCargosfan
04-29-2012, 07:18 AM
Pasztor signed with Minnesota.

Yep, and that's the only one I saw of the guys we were talking about. So it looks like Heenan, Chambers and Plesius along with Holmes and Petrus will all be in the CFL starting Thursday, or in the case of Holmes and Petrus, right now.

Will be interesting to see if anyone in the top 10 takes a chance that Pasztor doesn't make it in the NFL this August. I would guess he doesn't last past Round 3. By my math, he has to be one of the 29 guys (I'm including practice roster guys here) that the Vikings don't cut.

RoRoYoBoat
04-29-2012, 09:07 AM
Yep, and that's the only one I saw of the guys we were talking about. So it looks like Heenan, Chambers and Plesius along with Holmes and Petrus will all be in the CFL starting Thursday, or in the case of Holmes and Petrus, right now.

Will be interesting to see if anyone in the top 10 takes a chance that Pasztor doesn't make it in the NFL this August. I would guess he doesn't last past Round 3. By my math, he has to be one of the 29 guys (I'm including practice roster guys here) that the Vikings don't cut.

He will be drafted in the first round of the CFL draft. Undrafted 21 year old tackle, four year NCAA starter. Can't pass that up. Might even go #1.

gilthethrill
04-29-2012, 09:21 AM
Furthermore, the NFL has expanded their training camp rosters this year from 80 to 90 players which takes 320 players off the market for CFL teams for at least a few months.

This roster expansion by the NFL frustrates me. How much larger does a roster have to be for these teams? The CFL has survived rival US leagues in the past, but this move will have more of a negative effect, especially when trying to sign Canadian kids.

KCargosfan
04-29-2012, 01:28 PM
He will be drafted in the first round of the CFL draft. Undrafted 21 year old tackle, four year NCAA starter. Can't pass that up. Might even go #1.

True. I'd be surprised if he goes #1, but I think he will definitely be gone before we pick.

ArgoRavi
04-29-2012, 01:58 PM

Holmes and/or Petrus could still sign as free agents in the NFL and I am sure that their agents are working hard to make that happen. If they are still unsigned a week from now, I like their chances of being in the CFL this season but Cory Greenwood went unsigned for a while after the NFL draft and look at what happened to him.

OV Argo
04-29-2012, 10:08 PM

Pastzor played OG at Virginia, not tackle; also read a thread or quote from him on another site about him wanting to play `major league`` - could be one of those NI types - good US college ball resume - who never shows in the CFL lots of examples - beneath some of these guys egos maybe. I wouldn`t touch him with a 10 foot pole in the draft.

KCargosfan
04-29-2012, 10:33 PM
Pastzor played OG at Virginia, not tackle; also read a thread or quote from him on another site about him wanting to play `major league`` - could be one of those NI types - good US college ball resume - who never shows in the CFL lots of examples - beneath some of these guys egos maybe. I wouldn`t touch him with a 10 foot pole in the draft.

Well, if he doesn't make a team and doesn't get signed to anyone's practice roster, and the option is playing football in the CFL or getting a real 40-hour a week job, I would guess he'd jump at the CFL.

Could be wrong though. How exactly does Reinders make a living?

OVA -- you should do a mock draft post on here.

RoRoYoBoat
04-30-2012, 12:09 AM

They all think that, they just don''t all say it. If a guy can make a starting roster in the NFL he's pretty much set. Vikings know he's really young so they'll likely invest at least two years in him. think he's a worth while draft pick in the second or third round but I think one of Calgary or BC will take him with their second or third pick.

Nob
04-30-2012, 10:14 PM
Chambers is going to Philly next week for a 3-day try out camp with the Eagles. What will that do to his draft position?

KCargosfan
05-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Holmes and/or Petrus could still sign as free agents in the NFL and I am sure that their agents are working hard to make that happen. If they are still unsigned a week from now, I like their chances of being in the CFL this season but Cory Greenwood went unsigned for a while after the NFL draft and look at what happened to him.

Agreed, but even if they get signed, they will most likely be like Shawn Gore and not Greenwood, in being cut and in Canada by September. Each NFL team is going to have to cut 29 guys to get to 61 guys (including practice roster guys).

Speaking of Greenwood, I'm not so sure we don't see him in 2013 or 2014.

Chambers is going to Philly next week for a 3-day try out camp with the Eagles. What will that do to his draft position?

Good question. I would guess he drops a bit, especially with Giguere just signing with Hamilton.

Argocister
05-03-2012, 12:46 AM
Speaking of Greenwood, I'm not so sure we don't see him in 2013 or 2014.

If I remember correctly, I think he signed a 3 year deal ...... But then again it's a football contract..

ArgoRavi
05-03-2012, 04:22 AM
If I remember correctly, I think he signed a 3 year deal ...... But then again it's a football contract..

Greenwood is going into his third season this year but next year, he will be going into his fourth season and due a sizable raise which could make him vulnerable. I suspect that is why KCargosfan is saying that we may see Greenwood by 2013 or 2014.

KCargosfan
05-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Greenwood is going into his third season this year but next year, he will be going into his fourth season and due a sizable raise which could make him vulnerable. I suspect that is why KCargosfan is saying that we may see Greenwood by 2013 or 2014.

Right, and the fact that if he gets cut in 2013 or later, he can't be signed to a practice roster (assuming I understand the rules right).

7dj83r8f78t4alf8