View Full Version : Argos active in free agency but uncertainty scares away Dennis

Neely2005
02-15-2017, 07:58 AM
A good read for the hole that we're currently in.

Argos active in free agency but uncertainty scares away Dennis:

http://m.torontosun.com/2017/02/14/argos-active-in-free-agency-but-uncertainty-scares-away-dennis

Will
02-15-2017, 08:05 AM
So basically Copeland shouldn't be in the war room, although I suspect many players or agents would want to speak to him.

Shatto
02-15-2017, 10:13 AM
So it was Dennis's discussion with Copeland that led to Dennis deciding he did not want to come to the Argos. Can Copeland do anything right? Does anyone else get the feeling that the wrong person was fired?

Will
02-15-2017, 10:49 AM
So it was Dennis's discussion with Copeland that led to Dennis deciding he did not want to come to the Argos. Can Copeland do anything right? Does anyone else get the feeling that the wrong person was fired?

That is what I take away from the article.

argonaut11xx
02-15-2017, 11:14 AM
Copeland has BOTCHED pretty much everything since the regular season ended.

He tends to hire either, unqualified (Spencer Zimmerman) who is JUST NOT READY to be a GM, interm or not. Or incompetents (Sara Moore) who ran a terrible Grey Cup.

Copeland is ultimately responsible, and it scares me that he is the one who will choose the next GM and HC.

gilthethrill
02-15-2017, 03:40 PM
Just tell them Copeland is in the washroom and can't come to the phone right now.

AngeloV
02-15-2017, 04:25 PM
Just tell them Copeland is in the washroom and can't come to the phone right now.

Do you think he'll wash his hands on the way out?

Shatto
02-15-2017, 04:44 PM
Matthew Scianitti reports that "the Argo situation is starting to smell across the league" Time for Copeland to resign and for the ownership group to promise Clemons whatever it takes, in order for him to take control. Even if he agreed to a an 18 month or 2 year contract until he gets things in order so new personnel can be headhunted and moved in. Being a STH for over half a century I can't recollect the organization ever being in such a dysfunctional situation.

R.J
02-15-2017, 05:29 PM
I wonder how long before TanenBELL realize that Copeland is incompetent ?

Argo57
02-15-2017, 07:02 PM

Like Poppies pizza?

Argo57
02-15-2017, 07:03 PM
I wonder how long before TanenBELL realize that Copeland is incompetent ?

They're either just as daft as Copeland or not paying attention, either way not great!

Argo57
02-15-2017, 07:07 PM
That is what I take away from the article.

Sounds like things were going well when Dennis was talking to the football guys (Condell and Zimmerman) then Biff showed up and started waxing poetic about his nonsensical vision and it was all over.
Didn't take long for Copeland to get exposed.

ArgoGabe22
02-15-2017, 07:16 PM

Reminds me of the time someone told me Jock Climie didn't wash his hands once and then shook Riders fans hands afterwards. But they may have deserved that for bugging a big name celebrity just as he was leaving the facilities.

AngeloV
02-15-2017, 07:32 PM
Like Poppies pizza?

Cheers!!

ArgoZ
02-15-2017, 07:43 PM
Sounds like things were going well when Dennis was talking to the football guys (Condell and Zimmerman) then Biff showed up and started waxing poetic about his nonsensical vision and it was all over.
Didn't take long for Copeland to get exposed.

Funny, but I can see this. It's like when you get along with all the workers in a company and then a top dog CEO feeds you a bunch of bullshit, like your an idiot, and you say "thanks guys, your great, but him, no."

7dj83r8f78t4alf8