PDA

View Full Version : Madani: Former Riders coach Corey Chamblin to be Argos new DC

Neely2005
03-06-2017, 08:40 PM
Madani: Former Riders coach Corey Chamblin to be Argos new DC

http://3downnation.com/2017/03/06/madani-former-riders-coach-corey-chamblin-argos-new-dc/

Wobbler
03-06-2017, 10:32 PM
It would be nice if we could keep Stubler around in some capacity since we'll be paying him regardless, but I have no problem with this move.

Jon Gonzo
03-07-2017, 08:30 AM
I've seen mixed reviews on Chamblin, which I do (and don't) understand.

Here's the way I see it; he has Coached (in various capacities) in the CFL for over 150 games. He was won Coach of the Year. He has won the Cup. He also lost some games in his final season in the Prairies. I don't want a Coach that doesn't know how to lose quite frankly.

I want some snarl on my defense....and I think this guy will bring it. The Argo D needs some personality. Put him with the Professor, and I think it will be a very complimentary combination.

Stubler wasn't given the right guys by Barker, and it resulted in one of the worst D's we have seen in Toronto in quite some time. But that's Football, and Stubs is probably moving along once again. He'll probably get the first call when a CFL D implodes.

As for Chamblin;

Put it this way, just over a week ago I feared there would be a good chance there would be a DC here with ZERO CFL experience, and a 3 year learning curve that he would never realize.

Neely2005
03-07-2017, 10:37 AM
I'm actually sad to see Stubler go, the last time he was our DC his defense was one of the best I've ever seen. I was hoping that he would get a chance to bounce back this season.

AngeloV
03-07-2017, 12:22 PM
I think Chamblin will be a much better DC than a HC. IMO, his biggest problem in Saskatchewan was his mouth, always trying to deflect criticism and throwing his players under the bus. I think that Trestman will have a great affect on his personality. He's still very young, and has a lot of potential to grow as a coach.

I've liked Stubler in the past, but really grew frustrated with his passive approach last year.

Argo57
03-07-2017, 06:44 PM
I think Chamblin will be a much better DC than a HC. IMO, his biggest problem in Saskatchewan was his mouth, always trying to deflect criticism and throwing his players under the bus. I think that Trestman will have a great affect on his personality. He's still very young, and has a lot of potential to grow as a coach.

I've liked Stubler in the past, but really grew frustrated with his passive approach last year.

I think your assessment is correct Angelo, hopefully he (Chamblin) has learned from the past.

jerrym
03-07-2017, 10:10 PM
Chamblin causes less concern for me than Brady does, but I remain somewhat unsure of his coaching capabilities.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8