PDA

View Full Version : Well it's May 1st in Toronto.

1argoholic
05-01-2012, 12:49 AM
Still a few hours away here but it's the big day for the new uniform unviel. I guess it doesn't happen until the evening?

Qman
05-01-2012, 02:21 AM
My guess.

- shield logo stays on the helmets (confirmed in the star)
- Go with 80's style think double blue stripes (prediction)
- numbers go back to regular font football numbers (see practice jersey change)

Ticats jerseys leaked!!! Good good meshing retro with modern.
Hopefully the new double blue uniform do the same

http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2012/05/exclusive-a-first-look-at-the-ticats-new-jerseys.html

gilthethrill
05-01-2012, 07:48 AM
Ticats jerseys leaked!!! Good good meshing retro with modern.
Hopefully the new double blue uniform do the same

http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2012/05/exclusive-a-first-look-at-the-ticats-new-jerseys.html

I agree, Hamilton did a nice job on their uniforms. Still disappointed the logo is staying, but perhaps that is a financial thing.

argomANIA
05-01-2012, 08:16 AM
I have a feeling that they're all gonna look the same. All with the stripes on the sleeves. I think the Argo one will look nice like that

marcwagz
05-01-2012, 10:33 AM
lol now wheres the argos leak

RICKEARS
05-01-2012, 11:08 AM
anyone going tonight?

Mulder
05-01-2012, 11:14 AM
anyone going tonight?

I'll be there

paulwoods13
05-01-2012, 11:58 AM
So far I'd say Ticats hit a home run (but not a grand slam because they chose not to include white stripes on the sleeves). Bombers design doesn't do anything for me based on the template (altho I like the new/old logo) but I'll wait to see it worn by a player before judging. Als have retained many of the elements I did not like before, including generally too busy and too much piping on the numbers.

1argoholic
05-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Well so much for my theory of all teams going old school. Montreal looks the same while the Bombers look anything but old school.

Forgot to mention that the Cats new uniforms look great even if they're dirty stinky cats. haha

1argoholic
05-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Not sure about those. They'd be better without the big useless white patch with Reebok plastered in the middle.

I'm worried.

I never go on other team forums but I thought I'd go for a read on ourbombers and I guess the guys are pretty much ripping the cheesy way they unvailed them and the jersey's as well. Everyone wanted the old royal blue and more retro. Not to many happy folks there.
I don't understand the old W on a very new modern design.

I can't imagine Ohio St or Michigan changing unis every few years. There's zero wrong with tradition. But I guess in this Ikea culture we live in the good old fashion stuff means little to many. Glad I'm not caught up in that though.

paulwoods13
05-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Based on the video now up on argonauts.ca, it appears there is NOT Cambridge Blue piping around the shoulder numbers. Hopefully that is not a harbinger of what's to come on the main numbers.

Still, I'm putting a lot of faith in the "earning our stripes" tag -- hopefully we at least get sleeve and pant stripes that reflect our Double Blue heritage

1argoholic
05-01-2012, 01:14 PM
I'm really hoping that Reebok got the colours dead on. I mean true good old fashioned Cambridge and Oxford Blues. If so I'll be pumped. They never had the light blue right. I always forget which is which.

ArgoRavi
05-01-2012, 03:08 PM
The Als look about the same to me. The Bombers' uniforms are an improvement but they should have simply gone back to their 1970s uniforms. The Ticats look very good to me. That is the kind of classic look that all of the teams should be striving for. If it were up to me, I would have everyone looking as they did in 1979 with the exception of the Lions who I would have taken back to 1977.

1argoholic
05-01-2012, 04:55 PM
WOW I really hope the argo unis are more like Hamilton than the rest I've seen so far. Why does Reebok always want to over design rather than keeping things simple? I hate those Bomber unis. I don't get farting around with the patches of colour around the shoulders. The Rider ones look like a local slo pitch team or bowling tops. In Riderland the $ signs are all over the minds of the team and shop owners as the new slo pitch shirts get gobbled up faster than cream or wheat on a snowy cold winter Regina morning.

bluto
05-01-2012, 06:40 PM
a friend just BBM'd me a couple of pictures... they're a bit blurry (i think he jerked his thumb on his blackberry when he snapped the picture)...

but from what i see, in my (never very humble) opinion: we have the best looking jerseys in the league. again.

edit: here they are!

http://www.argonauts.ca/article/new-jerseys-look-to-future-with-nod-to-past

love this.

1argoholic
05-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Looks like Reebok got the true Cambridge and Oxford Blues nailed. The light blue wasn't right the last number of years. It looks great in these jersey's. I really wished for the football boat and perhaps it'll show up again at some point but I'd like to see the whole uniform.

So far a BIG thumbs up from me. Might have to get me a 50th birthday gift this year.

The vid on the Argo site has me pumped for the season.

gilthethrill
05-01-2012, 07:08 PM
I was not very optimistic about how the new jerseys would look, but I stand corrected, they are nice. Not to complain, but thin Oxford Blue trim around the numbers would have been a fitting detail of the past.

Nob
05-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Love ' em, love 'em, love 'em......!!!

After seeing the Als, Bombers and Sask jerseys I was really worried that the Argo jerseys would be just as bad. The Argo jerseys are awesome.

I also like the Cats too.

Will be curious to see the rest tomorrow.

1argoholic
05-01-2012, 09:23 PM
So far Southern Ontario in Ham and TO look the best. I'm so pumped that they got the true historic colours bang on. I take back all the bad things I've said about Reebok. They listened. They already have Argo jersey's for sale at Jersey City.

paulwoods13
05-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Love the pant stripes.

Really, really love the sleeve stripes. They even look good on linemen who roll up their sleeves.

Love the contrasting jerseys/pants (white/blue) both home and away.

Love the more traditional number font.

Don't love the Oxford Blue socks. It would have been better to go with either Cambridge Blue (a la 1991) or better yet, match the sleeve/pant stripes with striped socks. It's not a complete disaster by any means, just a missed opportunity to really take these unis to an even higher aesthetic level.

Wish the numbers had piping, but they still look good without it.

Assuming Chris R is correct that this is the correct Pantone for Cambridge Blue, it is (IMO) not as nice a shade as the light blue we have been using recently. Up close it's quite greenish-grey. However, it looks great from a distance, and hats off to the team for getting it right, regardless.

I don't love the "feel" of the screened-on parts of the replica jerseys (i.e. the wordmark on the front and the logo on the back). I don't know how well they'll hold up over the long term, and as with any replica I would not advise putting it in the washing machine (and definitely never in a dryer). But this is a really minor issue and the quality of the screened items is definitely no worse than with the most recent replica jerseys.

The fabric on the replica jerseys is extremely nice, best I've ever seen. The player jerseys are even nicer, especially the sleeve material. I wonder if the Argos/CFL will market authentic game-cut jerseys in addition to the replicas.

A fantastic event, by the way. Huge crowd there, many players present and past, and all of them were incredibly accessible.

So far Southern Ontario in Ham and TO look the best. I'm so pumped that they got the true historic colours bang on. I take back all the bad things I've said about Reebok. They listened. They already have Argo jersey's for sale at Jersey City.

We still haven't seen Calgary, B.C. or Edmonton, but based on what we have seen so fa, I think it's very likely Ham and Tor made out best. So let me be the first to hope for a Ham-Tor Grey Cup this year thanks to an Eastern team crossing over . . .

AngeloV
05-01-2012, 09:42 PM
I just got back from the event. Unis look awesome. It was great to see so many players past and present there. Argos did this thing right. I didn't stick around long after the presentation, but enjoyed myself nonetheless. Big crowd.

ArgoGabe22
05-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Winnipeg blows! Argos are by far the best. I was so worried based on the earlier jerseys but man oh man are these ever sharp. So sharp I bought a Durie (a fellow Lion) jersey.

bluto
05-01-2012, 10:32 PM
i can't stop looking at these.

http://www.argonauts.ca/photo_gallery/gallery/id/6747

(http://www.argonauts.ca/photo_gallery/gallery/id/6747)this may be the best looking jersey i've ever seen on any team.

LLB997
05-01-2012, 10:37 PM
yeah, even if i was not an Argos fan, i would say this franchise has a colour scheme that really can't look bad. Just tight looking in every aspect.

ArgoGabe22
05-01-2012, 10:40 PM
I remember saying I bet Durie never saw them. I stand corrected clearly the photoshoot was done before when Boyd had hair and when Durie had less hair lol

Qman
05-01-2012, 10:50 PM
AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
best jersey so far.

Feel sorry for bomber fans ... they look like clowns.

I guess the the shield logo stays because it tests better with key buyer groups (15-35)

... understand older people wanting the football ship logo.

zontar
05-01-2012, 11:56 PM
Great job, love 'em.

WPG - what a joke. universally despised in Bummer land - must be mass bannings . <WINK>;)

1argoholic
05-02-2012, 12:23 AM
My wife is a huge Stamps fan and they've become my second team so I'm really hoping they go the same route as TO and Ham. I like the old Stamps jersey's that had white and grey stripes similar to the new Argo ones.

LLB997
05-02-2012, 12:55 AM
I guess the the shield logo stays because it tests better with key buyer groups (15-35)

... understand older people wanting the football ship logo.

The current logo looks sharp. Its not anything amazing but respectable for sure. It could be worse, they could go back to the 89 ARGOS logo.

shayman
05-02-2012, 01:00 AM
That is one weird mirror.

http://adams.uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/tor/images/en/general/2012/05/crop_18352692503.jpg

marcwagz
05-02-2012, 02:12 AM
are ray boyd and durie are marketable stars now?
too bad not one of them is defence

BATKINSON001
05-02-2012, 05:54 AM
The event was pretty cool... my only complaint was that they did not have any xxl sizes for the replicas for purchase yesterday....

ArgoGabe22
05-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Anyone else besides me actually prefer the white jersey?

Mulder
05-02-2012, 12:13 PM

Same. I love the White ones. But for my first jersey I will get the blue one.

paulwoods13
05-02-2012, 12:14 PM

I prefer the entire road ensemble, as I did with past eras (specifically 1977-80 and 1991-94). Dark blue pants with white jersey is a classic look.

ArgoGabe22
05-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Edmonton's away is so far the worst new jersey imo http://www.esks.com/article/evolution-of-the-ee-esks-unveil-new-jerseys

ArgoRavi
05-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Edmonton's away is so far the worst new jersey imo http://www.esks.com/article/evolution-of-the-ee-esks-unveil-new-jerseys

Edmonton's home uniforms are on the mark but those away ones will take some getting used to.

1argoholic
05-02-2012, 01:50 PM
BC did squat! They are BORING!!!! Sask looks like a girls slo pitch. I'd say so far it's all about Southern Ontario.

I really hope Calgary went old schoool.

Well just saw the new Calgary jersey's. Better than the last few years but nothing special.

ArgoGabe22
05-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Now this what the Stamps need https://twitter.com/#!/AllenCameronCH/status/197747670427766784/photo/1 but Calgary reminds me of the Bucs just red with black http://www.stampeders.com/photo_gallery/gallery/id/6769. Ssk looks like a minor football team that play at halftime during Argo games.

My jersey rankings - Tor A+, Ham A, MTL B-, BC B-,Cal B -, Edm C+,Wpg C, Ssk C - Overall I give Reebok a C

1argoholic
05-02-2012, 02:21 PM
Reebok has been the SH!TS in the past but as far as TO and Ham I'd give Reebok a huge thumbs up. The Edmonton green jersey is nice. The rest fall short. BC is BORING!!!! Calgary has improved a tiny bit but still not great. Montreal and Sask are BLAH... Winnipeg is hated in Winnipeg which isn't great. Can't wait to see Ottawa. Hopefully sooner than later.

R.J
05-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Only the Riders would tramp stamp their jersey.
http://i.imgur.com/17VBk.jpg

ArgoRavi
05-02-2012, 07:40 PM
I still don't understand why there is any black in the Calgary uniforms.

KCargosfan
05-02-2012, 08:08 PM
Only the Riders would tramp stamp their jersey.
http://i.imgur.com/17VBk.jpg

lol. Post of the year candidate. :D

Will
05-02-2012, 08:10 PM
At first glance I didn't really like the new away jersey, but upon a second look at it I don't think it's quite as bad. I don't really like the logo on the back either, I figure give it more prominence if you're going to include it.

1argoholic
05-02-2012, 11:01 PM
My wife hates the new Stamps jersey. She'll be in Calgary for the day they hold their fan fest. Back to OT hockey. Great playoffs this year.

Stevoman
06-10-2012, 05:51 PM
I'm quite impressed with the new Argonauts uniforms, especially the white ensemble. While I'm excited to check out this year's team in action, I'm also anxious to see them actually playing in their new uniforms to get a better understanding of how they really look.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8