PDA

View Full Version : Argos to sign former Als DT Cash

Will
03-22-2017, 09:06 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/argos-to-sign-former-als-dt-cash-1.703727

R.J
03-22-2017, 09:59 PM
I really like this move. One of my top three FA's (Greenwood being #1).

OV Argo
03-22-2017, 11:40 PM
Solid signing - should be close to a lock for one DT spot.

Argos have added some pretty decent talent on D - to go with Venable, Rico Murray, Sears, and ex-NFLer Victor Butler.

Going to be interesting to see the Chamblin D.

jerrym
03-22-2017, 11:41 PM
A great pickup this late in free agency.

gilthethrill
03-23-2017, 05:33 AM
His stats are not eye popping, so needless to say he does a lot of good things that only show up on film. Should be a big addition to addition D line that underachieved in 2016.

Jon Gonzo
03-23-2017, 09:26 AM
On the money. 2nd to last gaping hole. Still would like one more vet receiver with size and CFL experience.

Now, wonder if we'll see Bourke or Perret (or both) at a mini camp? And maybe even someone like John Chiles.

Will
03-23-2017, 09:30 AM
His stats are not eye popping, so needless to say he does a lot of good things that only show up on film. Should be a big addition to addition D line that underachieved in 2016.

A defensive tackle's statistics won't always be eye popping.

doubleblue
03-23-2017, 11:08 AM
I hope Cash can be what I thought Hall was going to be for the Argos last year. Hall was kind of a disappointment IMO last year, maybe just wasn't a good fit for Stubler's defense. The rookie Bishop showed some promise early but then seemed to hit a wall later in the season. Maybe Cash and Bishop can alternate at one tackle position and solidify that position. One thing I remember about Cash is that he can pressure the QB well and help collapse the pocket.

AngeloV
03-23-2017, 11:24 AM
I hope Cash can be what I thought Hall was going to be for the Argos last year. Hall was kind of a disappointment IMO last year, maybe just wasn't a good fit for Stubler's defense. The rookie Bishop showed some promise early but then seemed to hit a wall later in the season. Maybe Cash and Bishop can alternate at one tackle position and solidify that position. One thing I remember about Cash is that he can pressure the QB well and help collapse the pocket.

Stubler's system isn't exactly friendly for DT's, opting to go to 3 man fronts quite often and leaving them open to big time double teams. I think Hall will be all right in Calgary.

Wobbler
03-23-2017, 12:23 PM
This was a good year to sign a FA DT. There were a bunch available, so I'll bet we got Cash for a very reasonable amount of it.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8