PDA

View Full Version : Bachelor Canada is former Argonauts wide receiver

argomANIA
05-01-2012, 08:35 AM
Canada, will you accept this rose? - CFL wide receiver Brad Smith named first-ever Canadian Bachelor on The Bachelor Canada, premiering this fall on Citytv

http://markets.pe.com/pe/news/read?GUID=21218215

1argoholic
05-01-2012, 12:50 PM
He could have just tripped out to Victoria and met a great gal. The city is full of beautiful, super nice single ladies of all ages.

Yah a tv show is the way to find true love. What a farce.

ArgoRavi
05-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Oh great, we are recycling another crappy American show. I am no fan of Battle of the Blades but at least it is uniquely Canadian.

gilthethrill
05-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Explain to me why a young athletic, university educated guy with a dad who has done well for himself financially, needs to go on a show to find a lady friend?

marcwagz
05-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Explain to me why a young athletic, university educated guy with a dad who has done well for himself financially, needs to go on a show to find a lady friend?
because he likely gets much money to have his own tv show?

ArgoGabe22
05-02-2012, 11:50 AM
I thought Jim Barker would have been selected. Doesn't he have a new lady friend every season?

ArgoRavi
05-02-2012, 12:22 PM

Shows like this have much more to do with self-promotion than it does with finding a mate. Smith is a free agent and his football career may be over so he is probably doing this to increase his profile to help him start his next career.

1argoholic
05-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Worked for Jessie Palmer.

AngeloV
05-04-2012, 01:29 PM
I thought Jim Barker would have been selected. Doesn't he have a new lady friend every season?

LOL...I guess he learned more than just coaching from Don Matthews.

ArgoZ
10-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Yup, I watched it tonight. Not only is there a former Argo player, but I noticed 2 former Argo cheerleaders as bachelorettes, LOL.

ArgoRavi
10-04-2012, 12:06 AM
"At this point in my life, I don't want to be defined by football", said Brad Smith tonight at the beginning of the Bachelor Canada. It helps when nobody wants you to play football anymore. Anyway, I am watching the first few minutes on a western CITY-TV station but I don't think I can watch a whole lot more of this.

1argoholic
10-04-2012, 12:12 AM
Crrrrrrraaaaap!!

Oh he has no worries to be defined as a football player because who even remembers him. He'd rather be defined as someone who can't find a woman in real life and desperate.

AngeloV
10-04-2012, 07:38 AM
"At this point in my life, I don't want to be defined by football", said Brad Smith tonight at the beginning of the Bachelor Canada. It helps when nobody wants you to play football anymore. Anyway, I am watching the first few minutes on a western CITY-TV station but I don't think I can watch a whole lot more of this.

LOL!! I was at a friends place and watched with her. I basically turned to her and said the exact same thing. Admittedly, I did watch the whole episode. I love watching the women when they get catty.

argomANIA
10-04-2012, 08:16 AM
Yup, I watched it tonight. Not only is there a former Argo player, but I noticed 2 former Argo cheerleaders as bachelorettes, LOL..

I recognized Michelle B...which other one?
I actually know Brad quite well...It's really awkward watching this. LoL. He's such a joker that seeing him cry is really weird.

ArgoRavi
10-04-2012, 05:15 PM
LOL!! I was at a friends place and watched with her. I basically turned to her and said the exact same thing. Admittedly, I did watch the whole episode. I love watching the women when they get catty.

I have to admit that I ended up watching that entire episode. There is no way I can watch that entire series though, is there? BTW, I am surprised that he kept that Gabrielle around but maybe the producers encouraged him to do so considering that she will likely make for good TV with her behaviour.

ArgoZ
10-04-2012, 09:36 PM
I have to admit that I ended up watching that entire episode. There is no way I can watch that entire series though, is there? BTW, I am surprised that he kept that Gabrielle around but maybe the producers encouraged him to do so considering that she will likely make for good TV with her behaviour.

Seeing that he actually kept one more girl than he was supposed to be allowed, your theory sounds quite plausable. Proves reality TV isn't even real, but we already know that.

ArgoZ
10-04-2012, 09:38 PM

I recognized Michelle B...which other one?
I actually know Brad quite well...It's really awkward watching this. LoL. He's such a joker that seeing him cry is really weird.

Jessica. My wife read her online bio and told me,,,,honest.

ArgoRavi
10-04-2012, 10:55 PM
There appeared to be a current B.C. Lions cheerleader on as well but I can't remember if she made the cut or not. It was somewhat puzzling that he was able to keep one more woman than what was originally stipulated. It looks like Larry Smith will be getting some more airtime later in the season and that Brad Smith's sister has something to say about these women as well. I wonder if she is the one who is married to Damon Duval.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8