View Full Version : Argos should reach out to minor league football programs

1971GreyCup
04-30-2017, 11:05 AM
In the past, a minor league football franchise in the GTA created the pre-game Argos tunnel. All four levels of football and their parents were sold tickets to that match. Prior to the game, players were in end zone for warm ups. A natural fanbase was tapped. There are enough franchises in the GTA to honour one per game.

We live out in the East. Oshawa Hawkeyes program was created as a developmental team for the Argos in the 1950s and have always worn Double Blue. General Motors originally funded the Oshawa Hawkeyes. Over the years, Argos have come out and practiced or held clinics. Fan Day has been held here. Argos Alumni "Pinball" Clemons, Doug Flutie and Rocket Ismail have participated in the spring.

With the wind no longer to their back, the Argos have to get out into the community and sell tickets. "Huddle Up" is an admirable community event to address self esteem issues in young people. It shouldn't be considered a marketing event to address attendance issues.

AngeloV
04-30-2017, 11:10 AM
This is something we agree on.

1971GreyCup
04-30-2017, 11:13 AM
Where did I go wrong on this one! Haha

1971GreyCup
04-30-2017, 11:20 AM
If I had input, I'd move the June Exhibition home game to the afternoon and replicate the experience of several years ago when 26,000 minor league and high school players were invited. Fill the stadium with loud teenagers! Make it a Generation Z Extravaganza!

All Season Ticket holders who can't attend would get a credit of some sort. More tickets to a season game, merchandise or charitable donation credit (Jason Pottinger charity). Attendance by ST holders for exhibition games isn't great anyway.

All students/players get 2 for 1 vouchers for a season game.

AngeloV
04-30-2017, 12:14 PM
If I had input, I'd move the June Exhibition home game to the afternoon and replicate the experience of several years ago when 26,000 minor league and high school players were invited. Fill the stadium with loud teenagers! Make it a Generation Z Extravaganza!

All Season Ticket holders who can't attend would get a credit of some sort. More tickets to a season game, merchandise or charitable donation credit (Jason Pottinger charity). Attendance by ST holders for exhibition games isn't great anyway.

All students/players get 2 for 1 vouchers for a season game.

They really should make the east side upper deck available to discounted tickets for all minor football players and their families throughout the season. I don't know about moving the pre-season game to a weekday afternoon. High Schoolers are into exams at that time. Last time they did that the kids mostly left by half time as I guess they had school bus schedules to accommodate.

Will
04-30-2017, 12:54 PM
If the Argos do identify this demographic as their future then there is no time like the present to start reaching out.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8