PDA

View Full Version : Blue Jay Store @ Rogers Centre?

xrayjames
05-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Is it still possible to get Argo stuff at the Blue Jay store? I will be in TO in early June and I was hoping to get a new jersey, etc.
Thanks!

Invader
05-01-2012, 08:35 PM
According to the Argos press release:

The team announced that effective May 15, 2012, its new jerseys and team apparel will be available for retail purchase at Real Sports Apparel through a new partnership with the Argonauts. As well, Toronto Argonauts gear will continue to be available at TBJ at Gate 5 of Rogers Centre.

paulwoods13
05-01-2012, 09:27 PM
According to the Argos press release:

Getting into RealSports was a very smart move -- way to go, Argos!

LLB997
05-01-2012, 10:26 PM
are the older jerseys stil avail at this point? I am interested in picking up one of those light blue (50s) retro jerseys from a few yrs back. The Jays shop still had them for sale as recent as last season.

matthew
05-02-2012, 12:24 AM
Can you get your season ticket holder discount @ Real Sports and also do they customize them there?

argofandave
05-02-2012, 12:53 AM
are the older jerseys stil avail at this point? I am interested in picking up one of those light blue (50s) retro jerseys from a few yrs back. The Jays shop still had them for sale as recent as last season.

I was at the Jays Shop before going to the jersey unveiling and they didn't have any Argo merchandise on display unlike back in March when I was there before the town hall meeting and they had the Argo stuff at 60% off. I assume that once the Jays season started, they put the Argo stuff away and won't bring it back out until the Argo season starts but I could be wrong.

xrayjames
05-02-2012, 05:51 AM
Can you tell me what Real Sports is? Is it downtown?
Thanks!

BATKINSON001
05-02-2012, 06:01 AM
Thanks!

I assume it's the leafs retail store by the air Canada centre...

T-Bone
05-02-2012, 08:33 AM
Thanks!
Real Sports Apparel (http://www.realsports.ca/apparel) is MLSE's new retail store in Maple Leaf Square located across the street from the ACC (http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=embed&hl=en&geocode=&q=15+York+St.+Unit+A+Toronto+ON+M5J+0A3&sll=43.642346,-79.381221&sspn=0.010062,0.019484&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=15+York+St,+Toronto,+Ontario+M5J+2Z2&z=14&ll=43.642346,-79.381221[/url). You can walk from Real Sports Apparel to the Jays Shop in about 5 minutes so I would check both places out.

Getting into RealSports was a very smart move -- way to go, Argos!
I agree. The more exposure the better.

xrayjames
05-02-2012, 09:55 AM
Thanks, it's been years since I was in TO.

argofandave
05-02-2012, 01:23 PM
I've been in Real Sports several times and they've never had any CFL merchandise in there so was I was delighted to hear that they'll start to sell Argo stuff. I always found it annoying to see European football and American football souviners in there but not any Canadian football.

matthew
05-02-2012, 11:38 PM
well if anyone goes to real sports and they honour the season tic holder discount please send me a message so I know whether or not to bother going there before the season starts or wait until it does. Also I'd appreciate knowing if they will customize there too.

T-Bone
05-03-2012, 10:34 AM
well if anyone goes to real sports and they honour the season tic holder discount please send me a message so I know whether or not to bother going there before the season starts or wait until it does. Also I'd appreciate knowing if they will customize there too.
Why not call them and ask? (http://www.realsports.ca/apparel/contact-us)

EDIT: I called. They don't have the jerseys yet and they don't know exactly when they are getting them but probably in the next couple of weeks. They also couldn't tell me if they will be able to customize them. They will not be able to give season ticket holders discounts as MLSE is not affiliated with the Argos.

Side note: Rogers Center Jays Shop has the jerseys and can customize them.

xrayjames
05-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Thanks T-Bone for looking into this. :D

matthew
05-06-2012, 11:14 PM
Well if you must know because I am in Calgary and Winnipeg on a business trip. I took a look at the Winnipeg ones at the Bomber Store today. They are much nicer in person.

Irving Thomas
05-07-2012, 03:45 AM
Do you know if there's a way to buy them through the net? I checked the CFL shop sometimes and can't see how to let them deliver down here in Italy. Love the retro blue jersey..

Mulder
05-07-2012, 08:18 AM
Do you know if there's a way to buy them through the net? I checked the CFL shop sometimes and can't see how to let them deliver down here in Italy. Love the retro blue jersey..

Try changing shipping method on cflshop.ca to Worldwide Mail. Seems they let you. Or you can call them and ask. The number is on the website

Irving Thomas
05-07-2012, 08:26 AM
Thanks.. I'll try later... calling them (on the phone) is not on my "to do list".. it would be a trans continental call..

Mulder
05-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Thanks.. I'll try later... calling them (on the phone) is not on my "to do list".. it would be a trans continental call..

I sent them an email. Let you know the response once I get one.

Worst Case is I can buy one and arrange shipping to you at cost. If you'd like.

Will
05-07-2012, 08:57 AM
Will the jerseys be available at Reebok Stores or will they just be available at Real Sports and the Jays Shop?

Irving Thomas
05-07-2012, 09:19 AM
I sent them an email. Let you know the response once I get one.

Worst Case is I can buy one and arrange shipping to you at cost. If you'd like.
Oh! Thank you very much.. you're so gentle.. I'll check the webshop and let you know..

Mulder
05-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Oh! Thank you very much.. you're so gentle.. I'll check the webshop and let you know..

Here is their reply

Hi Stephen,

Yes we ship internationally. The shipping charges are $30.00

Thanks, have a good day.

Customer Service
Ecommerce Division
Jersey City Canada / CFLShop.ca
Canada's Licensed Retailer

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2012 6:38 AM
To: ron
Subject: When you were offline (via LivePerson)

Do you guys ship the new jerseys to Italy?

Thanks

Stephen

xrayjames
06-03-2012, 07:22 PM
Has anybody been to Real Sports to confirm any Argos merch there?

argomANIA
06-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Has anybody been to Real Sports to confirm any Argos merch there?

I was there on Friday. They do finally have Argo jerseys. I only saw ones with names already and they were $179

and about two t-shirts to choose from.

xrayjames
06-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Thanks Ania for your reply. Perhaps I am better off heading to the Dome, er Rogers Center. <style>.adslot-overlay {position: absolute; font-family: arial, sans-serif; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.65); border: 2px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.65); color: white !important; margin: 0; z-index: 2147483647; text-decoration: none; box-sizing: border-box; text-align: left;}.adslot-overlay-iframed {top: 0; left: 0; right: 0; bottom: 0;}.slotname {position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; right: 0; font-size: 13px; font-weight: bold; padding: 3px 0 3px 6px; vertical-align: middle; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.45); text-overflow: ellipsis; white-space: nowrap; overflow: hidden;}.slotname span {text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-transform: capitalize;}.revenue {position: absolute; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; font-size: 11px; padding: 3px 0 3px 6px; vertial-align: middle; text-align: left; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.45); font-weight: bold; text-overflow: ellipsis; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap;}.revenue .name {color: #ccc;}.revenue .horizontal .metric {display: inline-block; padding-right: 1.5em;}.revenue .horizontal .name {padding-right: 0.5em;}.revenue .vertical .metric {display: block; line-height: 1.5em; margin-bottom: 0.5em;}.revenue .vertical .name, .revenue .vertical .value {display: block;}.revenue .square .metric, .revenue .button .metric {display: table-row;}.revenue .square .metric {line-height: 1.5em;}.revenue .square .name, .revenue .square .value, .revenue .button .value {display: table-cell;}.revenue .square .name {padding-right: 1.5em;}.revenue .button .name {display: block; margin-right: 0.5em; width: 1em; overflow: hidden; text-overflow: clip;}.revenue .button .name:first-letter {margin-right: 1.5em;}a.adslot-overlay:hover {border: 2px solid rgba(58,106,173,0.9);}a.adslot-overlay:hover .slotname {border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(81,132,210,0.9); background-color: rgba(58,106,173,0.9);}a.adslot-overlay:hover .revenue {border-top: 1px solid rgba(81,132,210,0.9); background-color: rgba(58,106,173,0.9);}div.adslot-overlay:hover {cursor: not-allowed; border: 2px solid rgba(64,64,64,0.9);}div.adslot-overlay:hover .slotname {border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(128,128,128,0.9); background-color: rgba(64,64,64,0.9);}div.adslot-overlay:hover .revenue {border-top: 1px solid rgba(128,128,128,0.9); background-color: rgba(64,64,64,0.9);}</style>

matchuk
06-07-2012, 09:20 AM
i went to the jays shop at gate 5 yesterday afternoon...bought myself a stiched foley home jersey (last year style) for $70!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all the argos jerseys from last season are on for 60% off, including some stitched names (copeland, boyd, foley, among others)....awesome deal!

xrayjames
06-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Cool! I will go there tomorrow.
I am now in TO and Real Sports was a bust as far as the Argos/CFL is concerned. One little display with Owens and Ray home & away jerseys, some T-shirts and caps. Pitiful.

T-Bone
06-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Cool! I will go there tomorrow.
I am now in TO and Real Sports was a bust as far as the Argos/CFL is concerned. One little display with Owens and Ray home & away jerseys, some T-shirts and caps. Pitiful.
Unfortunately that is still better then the average sports store where there is nothing.

AngeloV
06-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Unfortunately that is still better then the average sports store where there is nothing.

That might be true, but the Argos announced the fact that Real sports would be carrying their merchansise as if it were a big thing, so you would expect more from that "partnership". I still say that the league should get into bed with Walmart on their merchandise.

T-Bone
06-08-2012, 10:51 AM
That might be true, but the Argos announced the fact that Real sports would be carrying their merchansise as if it were a big thing, so you would expect more from that "partnership". I still say that the league should get into bed with Walmart on their merchandise.
I agree with you. I personally think they should have had the jerseys at Real Sports the day after the unveiling like the Jays Shop but something is better then nothing and this at least a step in the right direction. Also, as much as I hate Walmart, it could be good for the league.

xrayjames
06-08-2012, 01:42 PM
I just got back from the Blue Jays Store. I bought a home Copeland and a Clemons third jersey (all stitched) 60% off. I was undecided about which to buy, but I said the heck with it, by both! I can always sell one if need be. All that was left for stitched jerseys was an away Boyd. While I like the look of the new jerseys, I don't think they are worth $180!

argofandave
06-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Walmart does sell Argo merch in the GTA and at good prices. I've bought t-shirts, a jersey style shirt, hats and toques from them during the last few years. These are shirts and hats that I've never seen for sale anywhere else so I'm wondering if Walmart does have a deal with the CFL. Walmart stores in Hamilton sell Tiger-Cat merch as well so I assume that Walmart
stores in all CFL cities sell merch from their local team.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8