PDA

View Full Version : Training camp is at York

Will
05-16-2017, 04:11 PM
Satisfied? :D

I know I am because it means I don't have to wake up at some ungodly hour to get to Guelph.

ArgoGabe22
05-16-2017, 04:27 PM
"York provides greater opportunity for fans, amateur football players and media to come out and experience Argos Football" - Jim Popp

Will
05-16-2017, 04:29 PM
"York provides greater opportunity for fans, amateur football players and media to come out and experience Argos Football" - Jim Popp

The Argos can also train on the same campus as the best business school in Canada, the Schulich School of Business :)

Mightygoose
05-16-2017, 04:30 PM
Glad to have it at least in the city, never mind the GTA. A natural fit IMO.

I wonder if that means Fan Day will be there as well?

Will
05-16-2017, 04:32 PM
Glad to have it at least in the city, never mind the GTA. A natural fit IMO.

I wonder if that means Fan Day will be there as well?

Not necessarily as the Fan Day in 2015 was held in Oshawa while the main camp was at York.

Mightygoose
05-16-2017, 06:50 PM
Fan Day. June 3 at York.

Right in the place it should be.

doubleblue
05-16-2017, 07:00 PM

Except for parking.

ArgoGabe22
05-16-2017, 08:36 PM
Except for parking.

York has many lots. IIRC Parking is free in the industrial street off Keele. You could also park in the Hoops plaza for free and just walk if you don't want to pay University cost.

IIRC Free parking is also at Canlan but I believe they check time to time to make sure you're at the rink and not getting away with free parking for the university.

Will
05-16-2017, 11:15 PM
York has many lots. IIRC Parking is free in the industrial street off Keele. You could also park in the Hoops plaza for free and just walk if you don't want to pay University cost.

IIRC Free parking is also at Canlan but I believe they check time to time to make sure you're at the rink and not getting away with free parking for the university.

The parking off Keele (incl. Hoops) is a bit of a hike. It was a hike from Schulich to Argo practice area.

Neely2005
05-17-2017, 07:46 AM
Fan Day. June 3 at York.

Right in the place it should be.

Does anyone remember the times for Fan Day?

Will
05-17-2017, 08:14 AM
Does anyone remember the times for Fan Day?

10:30 to 2

Neely2005
05-17-2017, 08:34 AM
10:30 to 2

Thank you.

doubleblue
05-17-2017, 12:18 PM
The parking off Keele (incl. Hoops) is a bit of a hike. It was a hike from Schulich to Argo practice area.

Don't mind the 10 bucks but found the lots quite full. Was fortunate to find one spot last time I went. But that was 2015 with a lot of construction, maybe things have improved. Walked to the practice field with Nick Volpe and he had to park on the ring road, hoping he wouldn't get a ticket. Different ownership then, but one would think the team officials at least would have free parking provided.

Will
05-17-2017, 12:22 PM
Don't mind the 10 bucks but found the lots quite full. Was fortunate to find one spot last time I went. But that was 2015 with a lot of construction, maybe things have improved. Walked to the practice field with Nick Volpe and he had to park on the ring road, hoping he wouldn't get a ticket. Different ownership then, but one would think the team officials at least would have free parking provided.

Except the Argos have no control over the parking services at York University, and I don't think they are going to negotiate to reserve a few spots in that lot beside the stadium.

ArgoGabe22
05-17-2017, 12:45 PM

York instructors have to pay for parking. I've witnessed them paying and heard them complaining about it.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8