PDA

View Full Version : Season tickets

Gill The Thrill
05-28-2017, 01:17 AM
Just curious to ask with 11 days left before the first pre-season game, have the Argos sent out season tickets yet? I'm pretty sure they were sent in early May, maybe even April last year.

Mightygoose
05-28-2017, 06:43 AM
I recalled last year getting them the last week of May so I would think should be getting them this week.

I wonder if they'll do traditional paper tickets this year or perhaps they'll go with the cards this year as I beleive other teams/leages do now.

Will
05-28-2017, 08:25 AM
Deliveries start on the 30th.

R.J
05-28-2017, 10:58 AM
Sent for printing two weeks ago and being sent out this week is what I was told.

Gill The Thrill
05-28-2017, 01:47 PM
Thanks, I could swear I had last years tix for several weeks before the first pre-season game...maybe I just feel that way because the pre-season is coming up several days earlier this season. I believe the first pre-season game last year was June 11th, a Saturday afternoon. This season it's on a Thursday.

On a side note, I don't want to make a new thread on this topic because there is one every year and it's many pages long, but do any of you know if the Argos have maintained the same amount of season seats sold as last season, gone down or increased. I believe they were at 8k last season...I admit I waited to see which direction the football operation was going and renewed immediately after the confirmed hiring of both Popp and Trestman. I don't think I was alone in waiting though as it was that kind of season last year.

Unfortunately when teams don't have the same corporate support that the Leafs do (and are more dependant on fans shelling out their own dough without a tax deduction), and no other team in this city does...a bad season is usually felt at the box office in the following year. Ask the Blue Jays about that in between their playoff appearances.

R.J
05-28-2017, 01:50 PM
I changed my seats late, so I may not even get my tickets until just prior to the Home Opener. Hopefully, I can use the mobile entry (I've never used it before).

Neely2005
05-28-2017, 02:26 PM
Thanks, I could swear I had last years tix for several weeks before the first pre-season game...maybe I just feel that way because the pre-season is coming up several days earlier this season. I believe the first pre-season game last year was June 11th, a Saturday afternoon. This season it's on a Thursday.

On a side note, I don't want to make a new thread on this topic because there is one every year and it's many pages long, but do any of you know if the Argos have maintained the same amount of season seats sold as last season, gone down or increased. I believe they were at 8k last season...I admit I waited to see which direction the football operation was going and renewed immediately after the confirmed hiring of both Popp and Trestman. I don't think I was alone in waiting though as it was that kind of season last year.

Unfortunately when teams don't have the same corporate support that the Leafs do (and are more dependant on fans shelling out their own dough without a tax deduction), and no other team in this city does...a bad season is usually felt at the box office in the following year. Ask the Blue Jays about that in between their playoff appearances.

I read in a recent article that the number of season tickets is down, no number was given. Copeland said in the article that it was expected/normal after a Grey Cup hosting year.

argofandave
05-28-2017, 02:34 PM
I received my season tickets last year on Monday June 6th.

Gill The Thrill
05-28-2017, 02:52 PM
I read in a recent article that the number of season tickets is down, no number was given. Copeland said in the article that it was expected/normal after a Grey Cup hosting year.Geez, it's not as if hosting the Grey Cup really helped sell season tickets with the price of Grey Cup tix being as exorbitant as they were last season. The decline in season seats after a Grey Cup usually happened in places like Calgary, Edmonton or Winnipeg which would probably have 20k - 25K season seat holders in a Grey Cup year. Edmonton probably had closer to 30k and even more in some Grey Cup hosting years when they'd usually lead the league in avg attendance.

It is what it is I guess. Remember the Argos were not exactly drawing fans even when they jumped to a 4-2 start last season. I just hope the team plays more entertaining ball this year and gets more fans coming down to BMO, it was a nice place to be despite the lousy football last year. Realistically, the home opener may again be the only 20,000+ game, with possibly Ottawa and Montreal drawing close to 20K if all things work out nicely. Should Saskatchewan have a decent season, their fans could push attendance to close to 20K at BMO this season. With under 10K season seats, let's be realistic, drawing a walk up of 10,000 with today's prices does not happen anymore.

Argo57
05-28-2017, 03:36 PM
Geez, it's not as if hosting the Grey Cup really helped sell season tickets with the price of Grey Cup tix being as exorbitant as they were last season. The decline in season seats after a Grey Cup usually happened in places like Calgary, Edmonton or Winnipeg which would probably have 20k - 25K season seat holders in a Grey Cup year. Edmonton probably had closer to 30k and even more in some Grey Cup hosting years when they'd usually lead the league in avg attendance.

It is what it is I guess. Remember the Argos were not exactly drawing fans even when they jumped to a 4-2 start last season. I just hope the team plays more entertaining ball this year and gets more fans coming down to BMO, it was a nice place to be despite the lousy football last year. Realistically, the home opener may again be the only 20,000+ game, with possibly Ottawa and Montreal drawing close to 20K if all things work out nicely. Should Saskatchewan have a decent season, their fans could push attendance to close to 20K at BMO this season. With under 10K season seats, let's be realistic, drawing a walk up of 10,000 with today's prices does not happen anymore.

I'm actually way more excited and optimistic heading into this season than I was a year ago, new regime (with a proven track record) and fresh approach is just what the Argos needed.

Gill The Thrill
05-28-2017, 03:42 PM
I'm actually way more excited and optimistic heading into this season than I was a year ago, new regime (with a proven track record) and fresh approach is just what the Argos needed.

So am I, other than the new outdoor stadium and the hosting of the Grey Cup, I was quietly concerned about the product on the field from the opening kickoff last season. I just didn't think the Argos did enough to improve the glaring weaknesses they had in previous seasons in the secondary, the O-line, the run defense and of course back up QB. You knew that if last year's team sustained any injuries, which is not unfathomable in football, the team was going to fold like a cheap deck of cards because they had no depth in most positions and that's what predictably happened.

PS - For years I've always said that if the Argos went back to playing outside and out of that stinking dome, I'd get seasons, and that's exactly what I did despite the reservations about the product on the field.

Jayahre
05-28-2017, 04:04 PM
Geez, it's not as if hosting the Grey Cup really helped sell season tickets with the price of Grey Cup tix being as exorbitant as they were last season. The decline in season seats after a Grey Cup usually happened in places like Calgary, Edmonton or Winnipeg which would probably have 20k - 25K season seat holders in a Grey Cup year. Edmonton probably had closer to 30k and even more in some Grey Cup hosting years when they'd usually lead the league in avg attendance.

In the internet era, there is no need to have a "walk up" crowd, it doesn't happen anymore. Besides it would be impossible to handle thousands of "walk up" fans, if you go to the box office at BMO they will have a maximum of 3 ticket windows open at that north end ticket office.
If you show up one hour to half an hour before the game at the box office and each fan buying a ticket takes around 10 minutes to look at the seat chart, choose a seat, process his credit card etc. It would likely take one hour to process 100 people. Thousands lining up for tickets? it would be impossible to handle

The home opener should be the biggest crowd of the year, probably over 20k. Too bad there is only one home game against the Ticats this year and only one during the Ex. I think the Monday night game against Ottawa will be the lowest crowd of the year and possibly Week 18 in late October against the Bombers especially if the Argos are out of the playoffs and it's a cool evening.

R.J
05-28-2017, 06:25 PM
slimjim at it again.

Neely2005
05-28-2017, 07:47 PM

Actually the Grey Cup did help and the Grey Cup pricing wasn't announced until after the season had started IIRC.

Mightygoose
05-30-2017, 03:06 PM
Tickets schedules to arrive this week. Assuming it will be via Purolator again

http://mailchi.mp/argonauts/flutie-flex-pack-559629?e=d6b76e9434

Exclusive entrance for STHs will be gate 3. Never used that entrance. I usually go in and out of 1 but suspect most do so it's a good way to spread the crowds around the place.

MikeKutti
05-30-2017, 03:51 PM
I changed my seats late, so I may not even get my tickets until just prior to the Home Opener. Hopefully, I can use the mobile entry (I've never used it before).

Mobile entry works great. Worked as a member of the Gate Staff team for 2 years and it's a nice alternative to bringing paper e-tickets or your souvenir-stock tickets.

Regardless of when your physical tickets arrive, you should be able to access your Argos Account Manager June 1st. When you select mobile entry, it will allow you to save a PDF copy of your ticket to your smartphone (iPhone, Android, Blackberry, etc.). Make sure you have enough charge on your phone before heading to the game (it happens more often than you think!)

Pull up the PDF on your phone by the time you reach the ticket scanner at the gate. The scanner can scan the barcode on the screen, provided the barcode is large enough (may need to enlarge it on your screen) and the screen brightness is turned up.
Sunny games may require you to tilt the phone so the glare doesn't affect the scan.

Any other questions regarding mobile entry can be directed to our ticketing line 416-341-2746 or clientservices@argonauts.ca

argofandave
05-31-2017, 09:44 AM
Received my season tickets this morning by Purolator.

Neely2005
05-31-2017, 05:29 PM
Received my season tickets this morning by Purolator.

Received a missed delivery notification today. Lol any day but a Wednesday would have worked for me.

Mightygoose
05-31-2017, 05:37 PM
Received a missed delivery notification today. Lol any day but a Wednesday would have worked for me.

I missed mine as well and they'll be at the local Purulator depot at 6:30 so will get them this evening.

Curious to see what the gift is...no spoilers here please :)

paulwoods13
05-31-2017, 05:54 PM
The season ticket packages are really nice -- a lot nicer than the credit-card style some teams have gone to. I suspect Argos will go that route at some point in the future, but for now I love having the lanyards and large tickets.

Neely2005
05-31-2017, 06:06 PM
The season ticket packages are really nice -- a lot nicer than the credit-card style some teams have gone to. I suspect Argos will go that route at some point in the future, but for now I love having the lanyards and large tickets.

Glad to hear that they kept the large tickets.

Argo57
05-31-2017, 07:22 PM
I missed mine as well and they'll be at the local Purulator depot at 6:30 so will get them this evening.

Curious to see what the gift is...no spoilers here please :)

Same for me, will gladly pick them up tomorrow.

timlb01
05-31-2017, 09:01 PM
Very excited to receive my season seats today. Very nice package. Extra nice personalized card hand written. A+ to the organization. I cannot wait for the preseason game and home opener. My biggest wish is to see a big crowd at every game this year. I AM PUMPED!!

BATKINSON001
05-31-2017, 11:05 PM
i have my tickets but have not looked at them yet. maybe tomorrow...

Gill The Thrill
06-01-2017, 12:51 AM
Glad to hear that they kept the large tickets.

ah man, I was hoping they'd go with the size of ticket that could easily be placed in a wide jacket pocket. These large tickets were ridiculous imo. Did they supply a lanyard with them as they did last year? I just don't like feeling like a dog on a leash by having to carry a lanyard with a huge ticket around my neck.

Treblecharger1
06-01-2017, 02:41 PM
I usually just leave my tickets in the ticket book and have them scan the e-ticket on my phone.

BATKINSON001
06-01-2017, 02:47 PM
I usually just leave my tickets in the ticket book and have them scan the e-ticket on my phone.

How do you get digital versions of your tickets?

Neely2005
06-01-2017, 03:06 PM
How do you get digital versions of your tickets?

Login to your Toronto Argonauts Account Manager online.

matthew
06-13-2017, 02:11 PM
Login to your Ticketmaster STH account, select the game and exercise the option to add to wallet. They will appear there almost instantly. This way you don't have to wreck your book.

Kenners
07-04-2017, 12:11 PM
anyone know how to get your additional tickets?

1971GreyCup
07-04-2017, 01:02 PM
Call your rep. They'll have a dedicated Customer Service Rep. call you back to make the arrangements.

Kenners
07-04-2017, 01:30 PM
Call your rep. They'll have a dedicated Customer Service Rep. call you back to make the arrangements.

Awesome, thanks!

...and we get 4 per seat right?

MikeKutti
07-04-2017, 02:34 PM
Correct, 4 Complimentary "Flex" tickets per season seat. For example if you own 2 season seats = 8 Flex tickets. You can spread out Flex tickets over multiple games or use them all for one game. Just make sure you call 416-341-ARGO (2746) with at least a 24 hr window before the game for which you're requesting a Flex ticket.

Kenners
07-04-2017, 03:40 PM
Correct, 4 Complimentary "Flex" tickets per season seat. For example if you own 2 season seats = 8 Flex tickets. You can spread out Flex tickets over multiple games or use them all for one game. Just make sure you call 416-341-ARGO (2746) with at least a 24 hr window before the game for which you're requesting a Flex ticket.

AWESOME thanks!

gilthethrill
07-04-2017, 03:55 PM
Got my flex pack via email today. Look forward to the 24th. Hope fans get to meet the 96-97 teams prior to kickoff.

Rich
07-05-2017, 02:40 AM
I gave comps to a friend of a friend for game one, and he loved it so much he got himself a pair of seasons tix before game 2. Ya never know who might really dig Argos football till you try.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8