PDA

View Full Version : Cats Sign Giguere.

zontar
05-02-2012, 01:39 PM
Huge signing if he can be an everyday rec. East div. is the class of the league. Has to be.

argonaut11xx
05-02-2012, 02:33 PM
Im really hoping John Hufnagel was 100% right in his evaluations of Burris last year...cause if old Smiln Hank is done...it doesnt matter how good the Ti-Cat recieving corps is....

However if Burris has still "got it" this offence could be scary

zontar
05-03-2012, 12:23 AM
I'd say Hank's salary was a huge reason why he's not there anymore. Might be more accurate to say CAL was "done" with his contract.

gilthethrill
05-03-2012, 08:21 AM
I really did not expect to see the day when Giguere signed anywhere in the CFL. Wonder how he will be after basically practising for 4 years.

ArgoRavi
05-03-2012, 12:50 PM
I really did not expect to see the day when Giguere signed anywhere in the CFL. Wonder how he will be after basically practising for 4 years.

Did he really only play one regular season game in all of his time in the NFL?

gilthethrill
05-03-2012, 01:06 PM
Did he really only play one regular season game in all of his time in the NFL?

I do recall Sam returned kicks for Buffalo in the season finale a few years ago. Other than that I am not sure.

ArgoRavi
05-03-2012, 02:32 PM
I do recall Sam returned kicks for Buffalo in the season finale a few years ago. Other than that I am not sure.

Yeah, that was a game in Buffalo with the Colts. From what I can make out on Wikipedia, I think that was the only regular season game he ever played.

KCargosfan
05-03-2012, 03:39 PM
I really did not expect to see the day when Giguere signed anywhere in the CFL.

Just out of curiosity, why? He basically spent 3 years on practice squads and then was cut in training camp last fall.

ArgoGabe22
05-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Word on the street is he's now a bobsledder like Jesse Lumsden.

zontar
05-04-2012, 01:44 AM
Just out of curiosity, why? He basically spent 3 years on practice squads and then was cut in training camp last fall.

I think some of the surprise stems from - groin injury really hampered his continuation down there. Even money, imo, if he didnt get hurt he would have caught on somwhere.
Also, disgruntled Als fans or Cat haters peddling unsubstantiated rumours that he'd only be interested in playing for MTL or nothing.
A few Als fans on the net are probably on suicide watch right about now.

gilthethrill
05-04-2012, 06:59 AM

It just seems like players who hang on NFL practise rosters for that length of time give me the impression they will do anything to avoid playing in Canada.

AngeloV
05-04-2012, 01:36 PM
I don't have a problem with players that stick around on practice rosters. At least in those cases there is still interest from the team that signed them. But when you see a guy like Reinders, not even end up on the practice roster, and still decides to not sign up here, it just makes me shake my head.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8