PDA

View Full Version : Ticket sales questions for Argos opener.

Chas.miller
06-02-2017, 03:46 PM
Why cant I buy any tickets inn the top right part of BMO? They cant be all sold out, so are the Argos reserving them for someone? also on another note, its kinda alarming how little tickets have been sold for the opener. what u guys think is the reasoning for that?

Neely2005
06-02-2017, 05:40 PM
Why cant I buy any tickets inn the top right part of BMO? They cant be all sold out, so are the Argos reserving them for someone? also on another note, its kinda alarming how little tickets have been sold for the opener. what u guys think is the reasoning for that?

The top of the East side has been reserved for group sales.

Will
06-02-2017, 06:01 PM

Next to non-existent marketing.

Neely2005
06-02-2017, 06:33 PM
Next to non-existent marketing.

They did a huge marketing push before and during last season and it didn't seem to make much of a difference so they've probably learned from that. Better to focus on grassroots efforts and build it up over the longer term IMO. Having said that I've seen a lot of online advertising but that's probably targeted based on me visiting Argonauts and CFL related websites.

Argofan_1000
06-02-2017, 08:30 PM
Argos ticket office said that the group sales are selling quite well. That is the blocked out section. They mentioned low ticket prices but you have to purchase a block of tickets to get them and business and groups are responding. Having some of the Jays ticket and marketing personnel doesn't hurt, seems they know what can work. Don't need to throw money at too much advertising as the media will do that for us. Team needs to cooperate and play exciting football. TSN is happy if there are lots of viewers. Even though the team did not play well in 2016 they were still a high draw in every other park. Stats are on CFLdb site. What is happening this year was missing last year and it seemed the team had more wins in them in 2016 but they just gave up. Short yardage after Ray got hurt had poor reaction times and no power. That QB is no longer with the team.

ArgoRavi
06-03-2017, 01:36 PM
Argos ticket office said that the group sales are selling quite well. That is the blocked out section. They mentioned low ticket prices but you have to purchase a block of tickets to get them and business and groups are responding. Having some of the Jays ticket and marketing personnel doesn't hurt, seems they know what can work. Don't need to throw money at too much advertising as the media will do that for us. Team needs to cooperate and play exciting football. TSN is happy if there are lots of viewers. Even though the team did not play well in 2016 they were still a high draw in every other park. Stats are on CFLdb site. What is happening this year was missing last year and it seemed the team had more wins in them in 2016 but they just gave up. Short yardage after Ray got hurt had poor reaction times and no power. That QB is no longer with the team.

I am assuming that you mean that they have MLSE ticket and marketing personnel and not the Jays who are owned by rival Rogers.

Argofan_1000
06-03-2017, 02:38 PM
from the Jays per Ethan at the Argo office.

paulwoods13
06-03-2017, 04:01 PM
Mike Hook, the Argos' new head of ticket sales, worked previously for the Jays and probably brought some others from over there.

ArgoRavi
06-03-2017, 11:42 PM
Sorry, I misunderstood. Thanks for clarifying, Paul.

Topshelf
06-04-2017, 02:52 AM
Ticket sales are irrelevant.
aside from GameDay atmosphere. Argos could be playing in front of 200 people at varsity stadium, they aren't folding as long as people watch on tsn.

Argofan_1000
06-05-2017, 07:19 PM
you can see the tickets on the Ti-Cats site for the Argos home opener. My estimate excluding the group sales area (can't see this but hear it is selling) is 5-6K tickets left. still 3 weeks to go. I have watched sales over the last 2 weeks since the single game tickets became available and you can see them disappear every day. I may use some of my free tickets to bring a couple more fans with me.

Jayahre
06-06-2017, 12:01 PM
They did a huge marketing push before and during last season and it didn't seem to make much of a difference so they've probably learned from that. Better to focus on grassroots efforts and build it up over the longer term IMO. Having said that I've seen a lot of online advertising but that's probably targeted based on me visiting Argonauts and CFL related websites.

I agree, there was tons of marketing last year. The ads on TV, the billboards, TTC ads everywhere, the ads in the papers about the Shipyards and $4 beer the articles about in all the papers about the tail gating.
It's always easy to use that old tired excuse "non-existent marketing" or "lack of marketing" "if only they had spent more money on marketing"
Lots of great ticket deals this year including the 3 game flex packs with the Flutie bobbleheads etc

Hook16
06-07-2017, 12:00 AM
Although the upper east side is dedicated to groups we will be offering the opportunity to fans to purchase tickets on a single ticket basis, this however can only be done over the phone. They won't be at a discounted rate. Any group of 10 or more will receive a discount.
We will also be launching a new family package in this section (4 tickets, 4 hot dogs and 4 drinks) - $99
If you wish to purchase tickets in the section please send me an email and I would be happy to help anyone out.
Thank you
Michael Hook
mhook@argonauts.ca

jerrym
06-07-2017, 12:14 AM
Although the upper east side is dedicated to groups we will be offering the opportunity to fans to purchase tickets on a single ticket basis, this however can only be done over the phone. They won't be at a discounted rate. Any group of 10 or more will receive a discount.
We will also be launching a new family package in this section (4 tickets, 4 hot dogs and 4 drinks) - $99
If you wish to purchase tickets in the section please send me an email and I would be happy to help anyone out.
Thank you
Michael Hook
mhook@argonauts.ca

Thanks for all the info on multiple threads. Keep it up.

Neely2005
06-07-2017, 07:32 AM
Thank you
Michael Hook
mhook@argonauts.ca

That $99 family deal is great, hopefully you promote it. If you promote it on social media I'll definitely share it.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8