PDA

View Full Version : A new podcast, Argos style

Mike Hogan
06-20-2017, 04:58 PM
Hey gang. Happy Opening Day Week!!!

We've just released our very own podcast. "The Double Blue Podcast" is available for download.

Jeff Johnson and I will do one every week. This week we talk about the pre-season games, camp, cuts, Adriano Belli and we preview Sunday's opener against the Tabby Kitties.

Rico Murray joins us for an in depth get-to-know-you session.

Any/all feedback, both pro and con, would be greatly appreciated.

It's free, and we'd love it if you'd hit the subscribe button. The more the merrier.

Enjoy and see you Sunday.

https://soundcloud.com/user-61370436/double-blue-podcast-episode-1-ft-rico-murray

argolio
06-20-2017, 05:04 PM
Good stuff!

gilthethrill
06-20-2017, 07:01 PM
I agree with J.J....the podcast went pretty well! Shades of All Argos Access.

ArgofanIan
06-20-2017, 08:53 PM
Sounds great !!! Go ARRGOS

jerrym
06-20-2017, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the in-depth analysis. Great that Trestman has the tempo of play up compared to last year when it was often sluggish.

LLB997
06-20-2017, 09:46 PM
hey man, stop asking american players what they knew about Canada and the CFL when they came up..... it's Canadian baxterism at it's best/worst and it's annoying. lol. other than that, you rule.....lookin forward to the podcast.

"Issues"Mcgee
06-21-2017, 12:09 AM
Good podcast reminds me of Argos All Access. You're a beast, Hogie!

Wobbler
06-21-2017, 12:20 AM
What a nice mellow conversation to get things started. Please have Adriano Belli as a guest for a future installment, Mr. Hogan!

mchesher03
06-22-2017, 08:48 AM
Listened to the first one on my commute, good stuff. Would love to hear from other alumni still kicking around the area in future episodes. As much as everyone wants a scoop from current players, they’re typically pretty tight-lipped on things.

Neely2005
06-22-2017, 09:15 AM
hey man, stop asking american players what they knew about Canada and the CFL when they came up..... it's Canadian baxterism at it's best/worst and it's annoying. lol. other than that, you rule.....lookin forward to the podcast.

I actually like hearing what players knew about the league and it's history before they arrived.

Will
06-22-2017, 09:27 AM
Congratulations on the podcast Mike and Jeff! Look forward to future episodes!

timlb01
06-22-2017, 02:36 PM
I enjoyed the pod cast. Thanks

paulwoods13
06-22-2017, 03:09 PM
This is great. However, as an old guy, can someone pls explain to me how to "hit the subscribe button" as Mike suggests? I have Soundcloud installed on my phone and I was able to find and listen to the podcast but I can't see anywhere to subscribe or have future casts automatically pushed to my phone. Is there a trick I need to know?

timlb01
06-22-2017, 05:01 PM
This is great. However, as an old guy, can someone pls explain to me how to "hit the subscribe button" as Mike suggests? I have Soundcloud installed on my phone and I was able to find and listen to the podcast but I can't see anywhere to subscribe or have future casts automatically pushed to my phone. Is there a trick I need to know?

I believe on the app you "follow" the pod cast. Look for the orange head and shoulders of a person, when you follow it has a check mark. Not many followers yet. Hopefully that improves.

shayman
06-23-2017, 12:31 PM
I hope people putting audio files on Soundcloud will follow through and create an RSS feed - that makes it way simpler for subscribers. Soundcloud makes it straightforward - https://on.soundcloud.com/creator-guide/podcasting

Putting audio files on Soundcloud is a great start, that's the hard part, but if you want subscribers, PLEASE add the RSS feed (which makes it easy for people to subscribe to your show with any of dozens of different podcast applications.)

7dj83r8f78t4alf8