Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 9:00 PM

They tied last week. Time for an encore :D

ArgoRavi
06-27-2017, 12:12 PM
I am expecting a Calgary victory.

jerrym
06-27-2017, 08:01 PM
I am expecting a Calgary victory.

Yes! Calgary players have been saying all off-season they have something to prove.

argolio
06-27-2017, 10:39 PM
Ottawa

AngeloV
06-28-2017, 11:42 AM
I picked Calgary on the road last week, so no reason to change that when they are at home this week. Calgary over the 2016 Argos.

jerrym
06-29-2017, 10:53 PM
Buckley goes 60 yards for a TD on a short yardage play!

jerrym
06-29-2017, 10:59 PM
That's quickly followed by Alex Singleton forcing a fumble after a Lavoie reception with Maleki Harris taking the ball in for another quick score and a 13 point lead. Calgary goes for the jugular, just like last year.

OV Argo
06-30-2017, 12:26 AM
WOW !

What a wild game - one of the best displays of big play games in the CFL in some time: 2 punt return TDs; a fumble return for a TD; a 60 yard rush score on a QB sneak (when was the last time that happened?); plenty of long pass completions; blocked kicks.

Kudos to the Stamps for the win, but Ottawa could have easily have won this one if not for a couple of mistakes and plenty of penalties.

Couple of notes to Marcel Desjardins - the Stamps leading receiver in this game was Lamar Durant with well over 100 yards; you passed on Durant in the draft to instead pick receiver Jake Harty - who you pencil in for special teams and who had zero catches for zero yards this game; also nice job to hand the starting RB job to average to mediocre Moises Madu ( had one nice TD run but was stuffed for small gains often) - after the game Gillanders had last outing with multiple 10+ yard rushes - rewarded with zero carries this game ( but beauty blitz pick-up block on one of the few times he was in) = shades of LaFrance getting snubbed often last season. Nice job of using a mid round draft pick to take a back-up long-snapper this draft though. Just can't shake GOBness in the CFL.

Stamps are big-time over-rated IMO. Ottawa should be 2 & 0 against them to start the season.

jerrym
06-30-2017, 12:42 AM
Former Argo Diontae Spencer had a 96 yard punt return for a TD and a 65 catch and run for another TD, as well as 107 yards in receptions, reflecting the promise he displayed in Toronto.

AngeloV
06-30-2017, 12:05 PM
Couple of notes to Marcel Desjardins.

I am eagerly awaiting his reply.

OV Argo
06-30-2017, 02:47 PM
I am eagerly awaiting his reply.

What? - you applied as Marcel's assistant there? I'll bet you could teach Trevor Harris a lot - to help him be a better QB - to maybe become almost as good as Drew Willy. ;o)

argolio
06-30-2017, 03:06 PM
I am eagerly awaiting his reply.He couldn't hear because he had Grey Cup rings plugged in his ears.

AngeloV
06-30-2017, 03:15 PM
he couldn't hear because he had grey cup rings plugged in his ears.

hahahahaha!!!

OV Argo
06-30-2017, 04:03 PM
He couldn't hear because he had Grey Cup rings plugged in his ears.

He's right up there with other exalted football super-hero/geniuses who happened to be part of a GC winning team - like Jim Barker & Scotty Millanovich - developed hearing problems too.

AngeloV
06-30-2017, 04:21 PM
He's right up there with other exalted football super-hero/geniuses who happened to be part of a GC winning team - like Jim Barker & Scotty Millanovich - developed hearing problems too.

Note: The old me just for 1 post

Post all the garbage you want, I won't be reading any more of it. You really are a moron.

OV Argo
06-30-2017, 04:36 PM
Note: The old me just for 1 post

Post all the garbage you want, I won't be reading any more of it. You really are a moron.

Whatever Homer.

I'd suggest you maybe start your own little Argo cheerleader site - for with the program types only and with football opinions that offend you totally forbidden/blocked by some mod in the sky.

gilthethrill
06-30-2017, 06:51 PM
Former Argo Diontae Spencer had a 96 yard punt return for a TD and a 65 catch and run for another TD, as well as 107 yards in receptions, reflecting the promise he displayed in Toronto.

You really have to credit the return setup men for that.....they did a perfect job for Spencer....who should have a great year.

argolio
07-01-2017, 05:47 PM
He's right up there with other exalted football super-hero/geniuses who happened to be part of a GC winning team - like Jim Barker & Scotty Millanovich - developed hearing problems too.No one here has called these guys super-heroes except in your imagination.

OV Argo
07-01-2017, 07:31 PM
No one here has called these guys super-heroes except in your imagination.

Then why bother with the faceitous reply about Desjardins having a GC ring? (and you said "rings" plural) - you do realize that all sort of GMs & coaches (who have been fired after producing poor teams) have won a GC ring at least once in an 8 or 9 team league?

If you don't like my suggestion that Desjardins is making some mistakes in regards to his Canadian content (and given I have repeatedly given his team some credit for using more than the 7 only need apply thinking), then make a reasoned reply - like, no he shouldn't have drafted Durant over Harty, or no, Gillanders should not rate more playing time in favor of Madu, and give your reasons why. Instead, you and AV types get all bent out of shape when you hear an opinion you don't like to hear and resort to little snipes you think are amusing or mocking of another poster. This site is supposed to be about football discussion = come on down.

argolio
07-03-2017, 05:41 PM
....whatever.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8