07-26-2017, 10:17 AM
Tomorrow, 8:30 PM

Investors Group Field, Winnipeg

OV Argo
07-26-2017, 11:01 AM
Tomorrow, 8:30 PM

Investors Group Field, Winnipeg

Bombers by 10+;

* unless the Als go with a heavy run attack - which I think could give them the win - very doubtful

Wobbler
07-27-2017, 11:34 PM
I'm quite glad I watched the second half of this game. It was fun!

AngeloV
07-28-2017, 11:23 AM
Officiating continues to be a huge problem.

Something has to be done about the Roughing the passer penalties being called. There were 3 total BS ones last night, (2 against Montreal and 1 against Winnipeg). All turned into points when the offensive team should have been punting, or in the case of the last Bombers drive, resulted in a 25 yard swing of field position and a first and 10 rather than a 2nd and 20.

I also still haven't seen the PI call on Tyree Hollins on the deep post pattern. I've watched it at least 10 times. Winnipeg ran up and quick snapped because if the Als had challenged they would have won that one.

In hindsight being 20/20, maybe Logan should have gone down after his first down rather than score the TD. Als would have killed the remaining 1:30 with first down in Bombers territory, and no timeouts remaining for the Bombers.

Having said all that, Brutal decision by Noel Thorpe to play so soft up by 12 points with less than 1:30 to play.

gilthethrill
07-28-2017, 03:31 PM
I saw the Chris Ackie RTP call. Good football play. Matt Nichols just has to point to his helmet and a flag come out.

paulwoods13
07-28-2017, 03:46 PM
Having said all that, Brutal decision by Noel Thorpe to play so soft up by 12 points with less than 1:30 to play.

Except he ran a safety blitz that would have pushed the Bombers back if it weren't for the RTP penalty. That's not prevent, that's aggressive.

AngeloV
07-28-2017, 04:14 PM
Except he ran a safety blitz that would have pushed the Bombers back if it weren't for the RTP penalty. That's not prevent, that's aggressive.

I was talking about the TD drive prior to the onside kick.

argolio
07-28-2017, 04:31 PM
Horrible officiating. Was even worse last week when the Stamps got all the calls vs the Riders, but the Stamps so dominated the game that it didn't matter. Different case this week. No way they were going to overturn the Harris TD because his knee appeared down. Maybe it's just me, but it seems that home teams are getting most of the calls this season at crucial times.

This is also bad news for those who don't want a West crossover. Eight wins might win the East again.

jerrym
07-29-2017, 06:43 PM
Another thriller in a season of incredibly close games.

Argo
08-04-2017, 05:34 PM
https://www.cfl.ca/2017/08/03/preview-winnipeg-ottawa-wk-7/

shows Harris's knee touched the ground before the ball crossed the plane of the goal line, so no touchdown and the Bombers were gifted the win.

Note the impression (indent) created in the field surface that did not exist before his knee hit the ground.

ArgoRavi
08-05-2017, 01:44 AM
https://www.cfl.ca/2017/08/03/preview-winnipeg-ottawa-wk-7/

shows Harris's knee touched the ground before the ball crossed the plane of the goal line, so no touchdown and the Bombers were gifted the win.

Note the impression (indent) created in the field surface that did not exist before his knee hit the ground.

Bombers are lucky that they weren't 1-4 going into that Ottawa game. Has anyone noticed that Ben Major hasn't been head referee of a game since the officiating debacle that was the Argos/Bombers game?

paulwoods13
08-05-2017, 08:26 AM
Has anyone noticed that Ben Major hasn't been head referee of a game since the officiating debacle that was the Argos/Bombers game?

Wow, hadn't noticed that. Has he been on a crew in a lesser role, or is he gone altogether? If he's been demoted, good on the league for holding refs accountable. But the problem is often other guys on the crews, not always the ref himself (altho Major was brutal that game). You can't demote everyone to back judge.

ArgoRavi
08-05-2017, 01:30 PM
Wow, hadn't noticed that. Has he been on a crew in a lesser role, or is he gone altogether? If he's been demoted, good on the league for holding refs accountable. But the problem is often other guys on the crews, not always the ref himself (altho Major was brutal that game). You can't demote everyone to back judge.

Major has simply been demoted back to his old position, Paul. He achieved some degree of popularity a few years back when he got a black eye during an Argos/Als game when a player's foot hit him in the head during a scrum; however, he has now experienced the flip side of having the focus on him this year.

AngeloV
08-05-2017, 02:01 PM
Bombers are lucky that they weren't 1-4 going into that Ottawa game. Has anyone noticed that Ben Major hasn't been head referee of a game since the officiating debacle that was the Argos/Bombers game?

I noticed that he was the field judge for a game in Montreal the next night against the Stamps. Either he was not supposed to be the head ref that night and just was an emergency fill in, or the league is way understaffed for officials. I do tend to notice him a lot during games e er since that time he got his head banged in the middle of a pile. It doesn't look good on the league if they don't have 5 full crews of officials (the extra being for fill ins). No reason any official should ever do 2 games in the same week.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8