PDA

View Full Version : Rule Change

Stevoman
08-02-2017, 12:09 PM
YES!!!!! I like Ambrosie so far!:https://www.cfl.ca/2017/08/02/cfl-announces-rule-change-limit-video-review/

Neely2005
08-02-2017, 12:16 PM
Hopefully it speeds up the game.

AngeloV
08-02-2017, 12:26 PM
Awesome job. I can live with 1 per team. Ticky tack stuff will likely no longer be challenged.

R.J
08-02-2017, 12:52 PM
Great job by the new Commish!

paulwoods13
08-02-2017, 01:21 PM
This is a very smart decision, but just wait until a team uses its challenge and then wishes it had another to fix an egregiously bad call. Still, I'd rather have that than all the ticky-tack challenges we have been seeing.

Joe Barnes
08-02-2017, 01:32 PM
Good decision. This will help speed up the game and hopefully put an end to the Jones/Dickensen nonsense that we saw 2 weeks ago (although I'm sure all teams were preparing plays in that vein).

Mightygoose
08-02-2017, 02:34 PM
Good call and more importantly it was quick.

Anything further such as limitations on what is challengable (i.e. plays away from the ball) can be addressed in the off season as well as evaluating the replay booth staff.

Antwon
08-02-2017, 03:42 PM
Good move by the league. As it became clear a number of coaches were taking advantage of challenging unlimited calls.
When they started designing plays to draw it, then throw the flag when the pass is incomplete, they only have themselves to blame.

gilthethrill
08-02-2017, 06:48 PM
No more Fishing Expeditions. Great move.

jerrym
08-04-2017, 04:44 PM
Players, coaches and GMs like the rule change also.

“I like it,” said Redblacks coach Rick Campbell. “I’m for less challenges. You won’t have coaches and players on iPads on the sideline fishing for calls. I don’t think that’s what the game is intended to be about.”

<iframe name="fsk_frame_splitbox" id="fsk_frame_splitbox" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" style="box-sizing: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border-style: none; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant-caps: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; max-width: 100%; width: 590px; height: 0px;"></iframe>

When asked if he thought it was a good fix, Redblacks GM Marcel Desjardins said: “I think so. Less challenges means less of an ability to try and correct something. Human error will play a bigger part of the game, which is the way it used to be. We’re going back to how everybody was comfortable with it before, just not all the way back. The flow of the game will be better for the teams and the fans.”

http://nationalpost.com/sports/local-sports/redblacks-like-cfl-shift-to-one-challenge-a-game/wcm/ca55e70d-9812-446f-87ed-3c0e152cc980

Lions defensive back Ronnie Yell said the league has taken a step in the right direction with this announcement, adding that he believes some decisions made from video review have altered the momentum of games. ...

Roughriders receiver Duron Carter tweeted: “Now the defence can hold the whole game because we only have 1 (challenge).”
Wally Buono was quick to say that he doesn’t blame coaches around the league, who were only operating within the previous rules.
With two opportunities to challenge, coaches may have been more willing to “fish” for closer on-field decisions to be overturned by the command centre. The new rule, however, should impact how those on the sidelines approach their challenge.
As quarterback Travis Lulay said, a coach probably won’t be willing to throw a “50-50 challenge flag.”
“You’re going to save that challenge for when it’s really critical, and that’s usually at the end of the game,” said Buono. “If there is a critical play in the second quarter or first quarter, you’re going to think about it. If it’s going to take a touchdown off the board, you’re going to consider it.”
If there is a counterargument to the change, it’s that on-field officials may miss an infraction amid the speed and chaos of play, and the mistake won’t be overturned as coaches hold onto their challenge flag.
It’s worth asking if those with a vested interest in the game are willing to live with those mistakes — or, at the very least, be a little more forgiving?
“When it comes to people complaining about officiating, that will never change until the end of time. It doesn’t matter the league, the sport,” said Lulay. “It’s just an imperfect thing. I fully understand the idea of the replay rules and we’re trying to get it right … but if the benefits aren’t outweighing the negative outcomes from a viewership point of view, then a change is fine.”

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/football/cfl/bc+lions/lions+fans+welcome+reduction+coaches/14027836/story.html

7dj83r8f78t4alf8