PDA

View Full Version : GAME THREAD: Hamilton vs Edmonton

jerrym
08-04-2017, 05:15 PM
Is last week's pasting by Calgary indicative of a Hamilton team rebelling against its coach or of a major lack of talent in key positions or both? How Hamilton responds to the challenge of playing undefeated Edmonton may give an indication of the answer.

argolio
08-05-2017, 01:45 AM
Ticats gave it a good try, but no dice.

The East is in a major crisis. Seven wins might win the division.

Al&Kat
08-05-2017, 02:59 PM
"The East is in a major crisis. Seven wins might win the division.[/QUOTE]

Ottawa will win the East again with the same record as 2016 8-9-1.

And as for this game, terrible decision by Maas not to punt from midfield at the end.
then of course they get stopped, and almost blow it.
Ticats got a few starters back in for this game, and the talent improvement was
very clear to see, making for a more competitive game, against the league's best no less.
With a full roster of starters, Hamilton is a match for anyone in the east.

argolio
08-05-2017, 04:15 PM
And as for this game, terrible decision by Maas not to punt from midfield at the end.
then of course they get stopped, and almost blow it.Good point. If they punted, there would have been no drama at the end barring a miracle play.

On the last play, even though it was contested, I think Mike Jones had to catch that ball. His hands were on the ball first on a great throw by Collaros.

I also think the Esks have the best pass rush in the league. Their 4th quarter pass rush has been lethal pretty much every game so far.

OV Argo
08-05-2017, 10:05 PM
Good point. If they punted, there would have been no drama at the end barring a miracle play.

On the last play, even though it was contested, I think Mike Jones had to catch that ball. His hands were on the ball first on a great throw by Collaros.

I also think the Esks have the best pass rush in the league. Their 4th quarter pass rush has been lethal pretty much every game so far.

That Esks D-Line is IMO most talented in the league: vets Willis, Howard & Hunt (injured now) at DE, and Sewell and ex-Argo Cummings are very tough at DT; throw in rookies Bowers (former NFLer and top D player in US college ball) and Boateng (how did this guy go so low in the draft ? - looking explosive at DE).

The Esks have so many top players out on their D - Sherritt, Greenwood, ex-RedBlacks DB Hightower, plus a bunch of other injuries have happened to them - on D as well as O. Sign of a very good team to still keep winning with next guy up stepping in.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8