PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Training Camp CFL/Argos Predictions.

Mulder
05-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Because I love a good prediction thread.

What are your realistic exceptions/predictions for the season?

In the east, It's hard to see Winnipeg taking first again.
Can Montreal still do it?

I have a feeling Argos will be around 9-11 wins. Finishing either second or third.

gilthethrill
05-07-2012, 05:53 PM
Montreal will somehow be in the hunt for 1st. Winnipeg will continue thier second half slide from last season & Hamilton will prove once again that building a team through high profile free agents will get them no where.

Montreal
Toronto
Hamilton
Winnipeg

LLB997
05-07-2012, 06:46 PM
i see an identical record in 2012 to 2010. 9-9. The difference being the team should be a lot more convincing and consistent in their wins. None of the smoke and mirrors stuff of 2 seasons ago.

1argoholic
05-07-2012, 07:29 PM
I see us in a fight trying to make the playoffs with 7 wins. Montreal and Hamilton will be solid and we'll be fighting it out with Winnipeg. Too many changes to turn it all around. I'm happy to see us going in the right direction but I don't expect miracles. If we win more I'll be thrilled, less pissed off as per usual. haha.

Nob
05-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Ok. I'll bite. I put down 8.

I put that down thinking that I'm not convinced all the roster changes are made. I think that a lot of signings are coming just prior to the start of TC.

At least that's what I'm hoping for. Other than the QB spot I'm not sure that any other changes have made the team any better. Look at the guys that are gone. The draft isn't going to help us this year (yeah, yeah.....we should have Holmes at TC, but he isn't here yet), and frankly I'm not convinced that he Argos NI talent is better than good. It's not great, at least in my opinion.

AngeloV
05-07-2012, 08:57 PM
I see us in a fight trying to make the playoffs with 7 wins. Montreal and Hamilton will be solid and we'll be fighting it out with Winnipeg. Too many changes to turn it all around. I'm happy to see us going in the right direction but I don't expect miracles. If we win more I'll be thrilled, less pissed off as per usual. haha.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if they only win 7 games, they will not be fighting for a playoff spot. Not a chance.

argotom
05-07-2012, 09:25 PM
9-9
Entire East and league will have unbelievable parity.

1argoholic
05-07-2012, 09:27 PM
Seven will be a team trying to hang in and at some points look like a playoff team but I'm not convinced that we've done enough at this point. You need more than Ray. But who the hell knows as I'm not used to watching an Argo team with hopefully great coaching.

KCargosfan
05-07-2012, 11:03 PM
I voted for 9. It's almost impossible our offense won't be better, but I'm worried about our lines on both sides of the ball.

marcwagz
05-07-2012, 11:49 PM
10-8 we will be an above 500 team this year

Wobbler
05-07-2012, 11:50 PM
11-7. We won't have a dominant receiver, but Ray will put up good numbers (4217 yards passing) while spreading the ball around. Boyd will eclipse last season's numbers in both rushing and receiving. Defensively we'll give up more big plays (and almost as many points as last season), but will be "good enough". Ultimately we'll lose the Cup game to Edmonton, in large part due to an injury to Ray with 4:19 left in the first half.

argolio
05-07-2012, 11:55 PM
due to an injury to Ray with 4:19 left in the first half.I have it at 4:18.

Invader
05-08-2012, 02:09 PM
The Argos seem a bit of a question mark this season. Their offensive production should improve with Ricky Ray, but the revamped OL must give him some protection. Hopefully the receiving corps will blossom into reliable pros. The defence lost some good players but should be capable under Chris Jones' leadership. The Argos also have a rookie head coach and you never know which way that can go sometimes until they get tested under fire (i.e. Stubler, Marshall, etc.)

Winning 9 games in the East might be an accomplishment this season. The Als and Bombers should be solid, if unspectacular, like last year. The Ticats are the wild-card with some tremendous talent, especially on offence, but the Argos have the better QB's pulling the trigger.

argonaut11xx
05-08-2012, 03:15 PM
I think Winnipeg shits the bed this season, and the Ti-cats implode...

Argo's 10-8
Alouettes 10-8
Ti-Cats 7-11
Bombers 2-16

paulwoods13
05-08-2012, 03:28 PM
I think Winnipeg shits the bed this season, and the Ti-cats implode...

Argo's 10-8
Alouettes 10-8
Ti-Cats 7-11
Bombers 2-16

This would require the combined record of the four western teams to be 14 games above .500 -- 43-29. I find that incredibly hard to imagine given the question marks in Edm and Sask.

I can't see any way Wpg goes 2-16 and I really doubt Ham goes 7-11. I think it's more likely all four Eastern teams finish around .500 and there's a wider spread in the West. Something like this:

Mtl 10-8
Wpg 9-9
Tor 9-9
Ham 8-10

B.C. 13-5
Cal 11-7
Sask 7-11
Edm 5-13

And of course this scenario would allow my dream to come true -- Argos to play Tiger-Cats in the Grey Cup. Both would have to win two road playoff games to get there but it could happen.

UncleFester
05-08-2012, 08:59 PM
An Argo-Ticat GC would be beyond awesome!

OV Argo
05-08-2012, 09:53 PM
West:

BC - 15 &3
Stumps - 10 & 8
Riders - 8 & 10
Esks - 4 & 14

East:

Als - 11 & 7
Ticats - 9 & 9
Argos - 9 & 9
Bummers - 6 & 12

KCargosfan
05-09-2012, 12:12 AM
West:

BC - 15 &3
Stumps - 10 & 8
Riders - 8 & 10
Esks - 4 & 14

East:

Als - 11 & 7
Ticats - 9 & 9
Argos - 9 & 9
Bummers - 6 & 12

Can you explain your negativity on Edmonton and Winnipeg. I'm not disagreeing, just like to hear reasoning.

OV Argo
05-09-2012, 12:20 AM
Can you explain your negativity on Edmonton and Winnipeg. I'm not disagreeing, just like to hear reasoning.

Well, i wrote off the Esks last year and i was dead wrong; this year though - no Ricky Ray (Jyles or Joseph as a starting QB = brutal); no Messam; and no Stubler as D guru that helped them a lot last year IMO.

Bummers = a fragile Bucky as QB with squat behind him; lost Willis and Doug Brown on the D-Line; and LaPo is very limited as a football stategist IMO - plus, Argos & Ticats should be better this year.

ArgoRavi
05-09-2012, 12:21 AM

I tend to agree with OV that Winnipeg is in for a fall this year and I suspect that Edmonton will be in for one too. In Edmonton's case, they have gone from Ricky Ray at QB to Steven Jyles and Kerry Joseph. It is hard to imagine that they are a better team in a QB-driven league given that move alone. In Winnipeg's case, they were the worst team in the league after September 1st last year. Their defence was not as dominant and their offence really wasn't much better than the Argos'. They have lost some very good players in the off-season including Greg Carr, Brendan Labatte and Doug Brown and their Canadian depth may be the worst in the league. The one hope that I see for Winnipeg is if they realize that Buck Pierce is vastly overrated and they go with Joey Elliott and/or Alex Brink instead. I don't know if either of those two QBs can lead the Bombers back to Grey Cup contention in 2012 but they are their best hope at that position IMO.

KCargosfan
05-09-2012, 01:05 AM
Well, i wrote off the Esks last year and i was dead wrong; this year though - no Ricky Ray (Jyles or Joseph as a starting QB = brutal); no Messam; and no Stubler as D guru that helped them a lot last year IMO.

Bummers = a fragile Bucky as QB with squat behind him; lost Willis and Doug Brown on the D-Line; and LaPo is very limited as a football stategist IMO - plus, Argos & Ticats should be better this year.

I don't understand what Edmonton is thinking at QB? Jyles looked awful for us last year down the stretch and why is Joseph still in the league? What is he, 38? Dude was washed-up 2 years ago. The Esks have tons of talent at WR, but can anyone get them the ball?

As to Winnipeg, I'm bewildered at their offseason? They lost a lot of good players and seemed to add no one. Huh?

I tend to agree with OV that Winnipeg is in for a fall this year and I suspect that Edmonton will be in for one too. In Edmonton's case, they have gone from Ricky Ray at QB to Steven Jyles and Kerry Joseph. It is hard to imagine that they are a better team in a QB-driven league given that move alone.

If Drew Tate doesn't perform, you could argue to give the West to BC right now. Sask has no defense and questions at OT and Edmonton's QB situation is terrible and the loss of Rod Davis has to hurt. I think there's a good chance 4th in the East crosses over.

UncleFester
05-09-2012, 01:55 AM
I don't understand what Edmonton is thinking at QB? Jyles looked awful for us last year down the stretch and why is Joseph still in the league? What is he, 38? Dude was washed-up 2 years ago. The Esks have tons of talent at WR, but can anyone get them the ball?

As to Winnipeg, I'm bewildered at their offseason? They lost a lot of good players and seemed to add no one. Huh?

I agree with you that Jyles was horrible for us last season but he had no training camp, came off a serious injury, and I question if any QB would have looked good in last year's offensive disaster. I think he deserves a mulligan and will be much better this year.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8