PDA

View Full Version : Went on Argo site for roster info. We cut DJ Bolden on May 1st?

1argoholic
05-08-2012, 01:07 AM
I didn't know that. Well he never had much of a chance and really didn't show much in his very limited playing time.

ArgoRavi
05-08-2012, 01:28 AM
I didn't know that. Well he never had much of a chance and really didn't show much in his very limited playing time.

Good catch. That is news to me too.

Argonut
05-08-2012, 10:30 AM
1argoholic is a football sleuth! :hi:

1argoholic
05-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Oh yah real sleuth. Looked at the Argo site and clicked on transactions. This stuff never seems to find the media.

gilthethrill
05-08-2012, 03:50 PM
I am still awaiting some sort of word regarding Taylor Robertson going to work with NASCAR. Is it the Argo PR dept that should be making these tranactions known to the fans & press? I feel D.J. Boldins departure merits some sort of release.

ArgoGabe22
05-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Supposedly according to sportsnet Jermey Unertl has been released and is planning to retire.

gilthethrill
05-08-2012, 05:33 PM
Supposedly according to sportsnet Jermey Unertl has been released and is planning to retire.

With FA db Brandon Isaac formerly of the Stampeders being signed to a pro contract by the CFL's Toronto franchise.

ArgoRavi
05-08-2012, 06:15 PM
I am still awaiting some sort of word regarding Taylor Robertson going to work with NASCAR. Is it the Argo PR dept that should be making these tranactions known to the fans & press? I feel D.J. Boldins departure merits some sort of release.

I don't think that the Argos need to make any announcement about Robertson at this point. He is a free agent and hasn't signed with anyone so he is no longer an Argo. I would be curious as to whether he has actually filed retirement papers or not. If he has, then perhaps the Argos should announce that but I doubt that he has done that yet.

Rich
05-09-2012, 02:05 AM
Boldin's stint with the Argos was a head-scratcher from start to finish. It's a mystery why he didn't get more playing time. Unlike Brandon Rideau, Boldin looked like a bonafide pro receiver: a smooth runner with great hands running crisp patterns. Rideau may have had more downfield speed but was sloppy and unpolished. The only thing I can think of is that off-field issues somehow kept Boldin out of the lineup and eventually got him cut.

Wobbler
05-09-2012, 03:35 AM
Maybe Boldin had a lingering health problem that never resolved?

Oh well. We have plenty of other guys to evaluate.

Nob
05-09-2012, 09:10 AM
Maybe Boldin got caught with a handgun in his hotel room......lol.

I'm just kidding. No need to go overboard on the political commentary.

1argoholic
05-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Nob that's funny! If you don't laugh you'll cry. Speaking of which. Ron James this weekend. What a funny..funny man and I can't wait.

KCargosfan
05-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Maybe Boldin got caught with a handgun in his hotel room......lol.

I'm just kidding. No need to go overboard on the political commentary.

haha, good one.

argolio
05-09-2012, 10:57 PM
He went to a pretty good school (Wake Forest), so maybe he got a job offer in the real world he couldn't refuse.

Skinny G
05-10-2012, 02:33 PM
I personally was hoping he would get more of a chance this year. Seemed like a smart receiver... and a nice open field blocker... he had some nice blocks at the end of year. But ya, its possible he was offered some sort of role... or thought that with Barnes and Mann here, he may not be giving much of a chance.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8