PDA

View Full Version : Bear Woods was Released by Als for Reporting Safety Violations to CFLPA

jerrym
09-29-2017, 12:58 AM
La Presse is reporting that Bear Woods, the CFLPA's player rep in Montreal, was released by the Alouettes because he told the union that the Als held padded practices on the first day of TC, which is a violation of the collective bargaining agreement. Kavis Reed cut Woods the next day without even notifying HC Jacques Chapdelaine first. Reed has denied the story, saying Woods was released because of the other players that the team had in camp. Either Reed is lying or he is an extremely poor judge of personnel. :p

Either way, Montreal's loss was the Argos gain, as last year's winner of the Eastern Conference's Most Outstanding Defensive Player award has been the backbone of an Argo defence that has improved so much since last year.

http://3downnation.com/2017/09/28/bears-woods-released-alouettes-reporting-safety-violations-union/

timlb01
09-29-2017, 06:20 AM
I could see Reed doing something like that. So happy that we have him. Great player and leader. Maybe could use a hair cut :)

Scooter McCray
09-29-2017, 07:19 AM
I never understood how Reed seems to keep falling into jobs. I've never been impressed by how he handles himself. Stunned they let him be a GM.

Argo57
09-29-2017, 07:24 AM
I never understood how Reed seems to keep falling into jobs. I've never been impressed by how he handles himself. Stunned they let him be a GM.

If Reed he keeps this up he'll be he Als president soon.

argolio
09-29-2017, 04:38 PM
If Reed he keeps this up he'll be the Als president soon.lol!

Stevoman
09-30-2017, 04:44 PM
2 other CFLPA reps have confirmed that Woods had contacted them during training camp. Seems like the story is legit and shows that Reed is foolish and gives me even more respect for Woods.
https://twitter.com/CFL_News/status/914131213048262656

jerrym
10-03-2017, 01:45 AM
The CFLPA has never looked strong, but if it cannot raise a public protest when one of its players' reps is released for reporting a safety violation of the collective agreement to the CFLPA, in an era where CTE is a major concern of its players, what is the likelihood that other player reps will report any violations of the collective agreement to the CFLPA, including with regards to rules meant to protect players health?

Neely2005
10-03-2017, 06:47 AM
The CFLPA has never looked strong, but if it cannot raise a public protest when one of its players' reps is released for reporting a safety violation of the collective agreement to the CFLPA, in an era where CTE is a major concern of its players, what is the likelihood that other player reps will report any violations of the collective agreement to the CFLPA, including with regards to rules meant to protect players health?

Yeah that's pretty frightening if you're a CFL player.

DanoT
10-06-2017, 07:55 AM

Not nearly as frightening if you are a CFL player, playing for the Als and have Kavis Reed as your GM and now HC.

Never the less there is good reason for having one of a team's better players be the CFLPA rep. The problem is that good reasoning and Kavis Reed do not go together. It is absolutely insane that Kavis would release a player like Woods and not consult with his head coach beforehand.

I'll bet both Chaps and Thorpe are actually grateful that thanks to Kavis they are both being paid to sit out what is now "The Mess in Montreal".

gilthethrill
10-06-2017, 08:39 AM

Really feel bad for what Jonathon Hefner is going through. Does not seem right.

Argo57
10-06-2017, 07:31 PM
Not nearly as frightening if you are a CFL player, playing for the Als and have Kavis Reed as your GM and now HC.

Never the less there is good reason for having one of a team's better players be the CFLPA rep. The problem is that good reasoning and Kavis Reed do not go together. It is absolutely insane that Kavis would release a player like Woods and not consult with his head coach beforehand.

I'll bet both Chaps and Thorpe are actually grateful that thanks to Kavis they are both being paid to sit out what is now "The Mess in Montreal".

Well said Dano, trust me other players in the league also take notice of this kind of treatment.
Reed is an embarrassment the way he conducts himself.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8