PDA

View Full Version : GAME THREAD: Saskatchewan at Ottawa, Friday September 29th

jerrym
09-29-2017, 01:18 AM
With HC Campbell announcing that Ryan Lindley will be the starting QB, I have to favour the Riders who will start Glenn but have Bridge as backup.

ArgoRavi
09-29-2017, 08:21 AM
With HC Campbell announcing that Ryan Lindley will be the starting QB, I have to favour the Riders who will start Glenn but have Bridge as backup.

Yeah, I actually changed my pick to Saskatchewan in this one after I found out Lindley would be starting again.

AngeloV
09-29-2017, 03:46 PM
I say Tate will come in and the RedBlacks will pull it out.

argolio
09-29-2017, 05:28 PM
I say Lindley will start and play well.

Argo
09-29-2017, 05:57 PM
One colour is better than two this night.

edit: ...or maybe not!

jerrym
09-29-2017, 08:52 PM
After a slow start, Lindley has begun to come on and, with the help of Powell's 100+ yards running in the first half, has given the RedBlacks an 11-0 lead at the half, including Lindley going 5/6 on a well executed drive that resulted in the only TD of the first half.

jerrym
09-29-2017, 09:56 PM
Cinderella Lindley's coach turned into a pumpkin in the fourth quarter as Ottawa squandered a 17-0 third quarter lead to lose 18-17.

argolio
09-30-2017, 12:49 AM
Punt return TD turned the whole game around.

I think Campbell made a really dumb challenge. The ruling on the field was that Bakari Grant's forward progress was stopped, and I can't remember forward progress ever being overturned.

gilthethrill
09-30-2017, 12:51 AM

I think Campbell made a really dumb challenge. The ruling on the field was that Bakari Grant's forward progress was stopped, and I can't remember forward progress ever being overturned.

Ottawa has had trouble holding onto leads all season.

AngeloV
09-30-2017, 11:37 AM

It was even dumber when you factor in the Riders were punting regardless. You don't waste a challenge, especially in the first half when you are about to get the ball back in any event.

R.J
09-30-2017, 02:11 PM
Lindley is terrible, I'm surprised Tate wasn't eventually put out there.

jerrym
09-30-2017, 06:48 PM
Lindley is terrible, I'm surprised Tate wasn't eventually put out there.

While Don Brennan was reporting in the Ottawa Citizen on Mondat that Trevor Harris or Drew Tate might be ready to play on Friday, on Tuesday Tim Baines was reporting in the same paper that Harris was throwing "rockets" in practice but was still iffy while HC Campbell would only say about Tate that "showed signs that he could be a possibility ... you can tell he can throw again", which hardly sounds like he was likely to play with his damaged shoulder and ribs.

R.J
09-30-2017, 07:15 PM
While Don Brennan was reporting in the Ottawa Citizen on Mondat that Trevor Harris or Drew Tate might be ready to play on Friday, on Tuesday Tim Baines was reporting in the same paper that Harris was throwing "rockets" in practice but was still iffy while HC Campbell would only say about Tate that "showed signs that he could be a possibility ... you can tell he can throw again", which hardly sounds like he was likely to play with his damaged shoulder and ribs.
Yeah I'm aware, seeing as I also have the internet.

Will
10-01-2017, 01:11 AM
As much as I dislike the Roughriders, their victory over Ottawa was a huge favor to the Argos obviously. It boggles the mind that Ottawa is 4 games under .500 and the Argos are at .500 and the Redblacks are only 3 points behind.

paulwoods13
10-01-2017, 09:07 AM

Not everyone is as well read as you. I appreciate jerrym's synopsis of the reporting in Ottawa.

R.J
10-01-2017, 10:06 AM
Not everyone is as well read as you. I appreciate jerrym's synopsis of the reporting in Ottawa.
The fact that you felt the need to chime in, is hilarious. Do you find what I write that interesting or do you feel that your ego just can't let my posts go ?

This is a discussion forum, and most around here are aware of 3downnation, tsn, cfl.ca, cfl news, etc. There's zero need for jerrym's constant news service posts. There's a large portion of threads that's just him posting to himself, which to put it mildly is pathetic, since he doesn't seem to understand that no one is interested. Actually what's worse is that the mods and even the owner have spoken to him about his posts, so he'll disappear for a month or two, then when he sees that others are posting links, he jumps right back on that horse, and I've never recalled anyone asking him to do so. The guy needs a fucking job or hobby, and before anyone brings up jerrym is an old man - I don't give a shit. For some reason that seems to be a lot of people's excuse around here when it comes to him.

I expect another banning is imminent.

doubleblue
10-01-2017, 10:16 AM
R.J I appreciate your frustration of being "policed". But I also appreciate jerrym's post every week. I would also appreciate it if you had a better choice of the Queens' English.

R.J
10-01-2017, 10:19 AM
R.J I appreciate your frustration of being "policed". But I also appreciate jerrym's post every week. I would also appreciate it if you had a better choice of the Queens' English.
I guess when this place is made up largely of older folks, I shouldn't be surprised by these type of responses. And people wonder why the Argos don't have many fans...................

paulwoods13
10-01-2017, 10:29 AM
The fact that you felt the need to chime in, is hilarious. Do you find what I write that interesting or do you feel that your ego just can't let my posts go ?

This is a discussion forum, and most around here are aware of 3downnation, tsn, cfl.ca, cfl news, etc. There's zero need for jerrym's constant news service posts. There's a large portion of threads that's just him posting to himself, which to put it mildly is pathetic, since he doesn't seem to understand that no one is interested. Actually what's worse is that the mods and even the owner have spoken to him about his posts, so he'll disappear for a month or two, then when he sees that others are posting links, he jumps right back on that horse, and I've never recalled anyone asking him to do so. The guy needs a fucking job or hobby, and before anyone brings up jerrym is an old man - I don't give a shit. For some reason that seems to be a lot of people's excuse around here when it comes to him.

I expect another banning is imminent.

With this approach and language, you should be banned. What harm is there in someone writing up summaries of media coverage from around the league? None. The fact you felt it necessary to respond sarcastically to a straightforward and brief account of media coverage speaks volumes.

R.J
10-01-2017, 10:33 AM
With this approach and language, you should be banned. What harm is there in someone writing up summaries of media coverage from around the league? None. The fact you felt it necessary to respond sarcastically to a straightforward and brief account of media coverage speaks volumes.
When did you become a mod or the owner over here ?
Pretty sure your neither, so you have no say in the matter, and I think you and a couple others need to get off your high horses and stop thinking that you run things over here.

Not my fault jerrym assumes that he's the only one around here with internet access, and therefore is the only one here who is able to obtain this information, as if some type of "insider". lol

LOL at the word "shit" being "language",

paulwoods13
10-01-2017, 10:39 AM
When did you become a mod or the owner over here ?
Pretty sure your neither so you have no say in the matter, and I think you a a couple others need to get off your high horses and stop thinking that you run things over here.

Not my fault jerrym assumes that he's the only one around here with internet access, and therefore is the only one here who is able to obtain this information, as if some type of "insider". lol

LOL at the word "shit" being "language",

Is "fucking" also LOL?

Did it ever occur to you that some people don't particularly want to scour the web and are quite content with brief summaries of what's being written elsewhere? Maybe you have lots of time on your hands; not everyone does.

But yes, jerrym assumes he's the only one around here with internet access, posts only to himself, is an old man, pathetic, etc. And I, of course, am on my high horse. (Where have I heard that before?)

There's no need for another ban; the ignore button still works.

R.J
10-01-2017, 10:48 AM
Is "fucking" also LOL?

Did it ever occur to you that some people don't particularly want to scour the web and are quite content with brief summaries of what's being written elsewhere? Maybe you have lots of time on your hands; not everyone does.

But yes, jerrym assumes he's the only one around here with internet access, posts only to himself, is an old man, pathetic, etc. And I, of course, am on my high horse. (Where have I heard that before?)

There's no need for another ban; the ignore button still works.
LOL, I actually forgot that I wrote the word fucking, but oh well. Also quite funny that you assume I have lots of time on my hands, didn't realize you knew me, my home life, or work schedule.

Yeah, it would've been nice if you ignored my posts a long time ago, but maybe your ego just wouldn't allow it, I don't know.

Wobbler
10-01-2017, 10:49 AM
RJ, is this really such a big deal? Several of us have had moments of annoyance in the past, but a little bit of not-technically-necessary play by play and some news reports that aren't always of direct interest isn't hurting anyone - and I'm sure that some people genuinely benefit.

We all suffer when good conversation is diluted by blocks of ephemeral or irrelevant posts, but I don't think that has been happening.

doubleblue
10-01-2017, 10:50 AM
I guess when this place is made up largely of older folks, I shouldn't be surprised by these type of responses. And people wonder why the Argos don't have many fans...................

So you would be ok if Argo announcer Don (which is a public forum like this is) would say "Bear Woods just f...... flattened the ball carrier, knocked the s... out of him". Not very classy and would be fired, or on here banned.

AngeloV
10-01-2017, 10:52 AM

Yeah, and I get labelled as an A-hole. 

I love jerrym's posts. It makes life for us lazy people a lot easier to read about the goings on in the league without really having to try too hard.

Thank-you jerrym!!

R.J
10-01-2017, 10:54 AM
RJ, is this really such a big deal? Several of us have had moments of annoyance in the past, but a little bit of not-technically-necessary play by play and some news reports that aren't always of direct interest isn't hurting anyone - and I'm sure that some people genuinely benefit.

We all suffer when good conversation is diluted by blocks of ephemeral or irrelevant posts, but I don't think that has been happening.
Really ?

Jerrym giving play by plays during the games while most die hards are already watching the games isn't seen as useless ?

How about the ridiculous amount of threads where he's literally posting to himself ? No seriously go and look at how many threads are just him posting to himself. No conversation, just links and snippets all over the place. This is a discussion forum, maybe twitter is would fit jerrym's needs, he already seems to think that he's "CFL NEWS" 2.0

doubleblue
10-01-2017, 10:55 AM
Yeah, and I get labelled as an A-hole. 

Sometimes labels are true. :)

R.J
10-01-2017, 10:55 AM
Yeah, and I get labelled as an A-hole. 😂😂😂
Knew you would eventually poke your head in.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8