PDA

View Full Version : Armanti Edwards

Will
10-01-2017, 01:50 AM
Might not be the best receiver on the team, but he's a solid, dependable guy. I'm glad we picked him up from Saskatchewan.

Wobbler
10-01-2017, 03:11 AM
True. On the other hand, Dyakowski would have been useful too...

Bleeds Double Blue
10-01-2017, 12:46 PM
Edwards was a quarterback in college. I would love to see a flea flicker with him throwing to SJ.

Argocister
10-01-2017, 12:47 PM
Edwards was a quarterback in college. I would love to see a flea flicker with him throwing to SJ.

That would be cool ..... But shhhhh don't let out our secrets ;)

AngeloV
10-01-2017, 01:06 PM

They tried a reverse pass with him once this year. Was not pretty.

Will
10-01-2017, 01:13 PM

Yeah, but did he play at one of those colleges that ran the ball 99.9% of the time? (I'm exaggerating I know)

AngeloV
10-01-2017, 01:19 PM
Yeah, but did he play at one of those colleges that ran the ball 99.9% of the time? (I'm exaggerating I know)

Had really good passing stats his last 2 seasons, averaging over 250 yards a game on almost 700 passes in 25 games.

Will
10-01-2017, 01:21 PM
Had really good passing stats his last 2 seasons, averaging over 250 yards a game on almost 700 passes in 25 games.

All right then give it a shot :)

OV Argo
10-01-2017, 02:52 PM
IMO - you could see this guy was a special talent with some big play ability when he got in for the Riders last year; showing very good hands and receiver smarts on the Argo offence this year; hopefully they have a trick play with him throwing lined-up for an opportunity in a big game later in the season? - could be a difference maker and IMO this offence has got to have more diversity (eg. get Cross the ball more; more deep shot passing; a jet sweep to a receiver; stick with ground game if it is stopped early, etc.).

Glad the Argos got Edwards in that trade - Dyakowski may have helped this O-line (Holmes continues to struggle at OG often, IMO) - but not sure he would have been much of an upgrade? Edwards is very solid as one of the 5 pack.

Edwards and Sinopoli in particular (on to a 3rd straight thousand yard receiving season + 100 catch mark) = shining examples (2 playing at the same time in the league) of QBs who managed to transition very well to another position in the pros = smart players and very good athletes.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8