PDA

View Full Version : Argos sign Khalil Bass

R.J
10-03-2017, 10:59 AM
http://3downnation.com/2017/10/03/argos-bring-in-lb-khalil-bass/

Khalil Bass ?
My question is why ? We seem pretty set with linebackers.

gilthethrill
10-03-2017, 11:34 AM
http://3downnation.com/2017/10/03/argos-bring-in-lb-khalil-bass/

Khalil Bass ?
My question is why ? We seem pretty set with linebackers.

Depth...getting set for a playoff run. Bass left Ottawa on his own accord as he felt he was being misused. How is the ankle of All-Star Marcus Ball?

Will
10-03-2017, 05:03 PM
Gave this signing it's own thread as I feel the player has enough notoriety to warrant it.

Ball did get hurt on Saturday, Vaughn was out and Plummer got nicked vs Montreal so that probably explains this signing.

RB957
10-03-2017, 06:08 PM
Doesn't hurt to have extra insurance, especially at this juncture of the season. It's an important position. Good one on Jim Popp, IMO.

ArgoGabe22
10-03-2017, 06:15 PM
Ball is listed as week to week, not day to day,

AngeloV
10-03-2017, 06:16 PM
At the very least, likely another good special team cover guy, and can back up either at WILL or SAM. I see no downside to this move.

OV Argo
10-03-2017, 07:25 PM
At the very least, likely another good special team cover guy, and can back up either at WILL or SAM. I see no downside to this move.

Bass was playing Will (bugs me to use those terms - Will, Mike & Sam - sorry bout that/old school me/oh well ;o)) OLB for the RedBlacks and started there with the Bummers, before moving to MLB for them last season (and where he was not as good, IMO); not sure he has the wheels to play Sam OLB in the typical CFL defence, but maybe; more like he can back-up at Mike & Will ? ;o)

Decent vet to have for depth for the play-off run - not sure if he would dress though unless Ball is out of the line-up for sure ?

R.J
10-03-2017, 07:48 PM
Bass never played SAM.

paulwoods13
10-03-2017, 09:40 PM
Why wouldn't we want an experienced linebacker who had 100 tackles just two years ago, and played on our main division rival until a few weeks ago? Practice rosters are expanded and we are planning on making a post-season run. There is zero downside to this.

AngeloV
10-03-2017, 09:53 PM
Bass was playing Will (bugs me to use those terms - Will, Mike & Sam - sorry bout that/old school me/oh well ;o)) OLB for the RedBlacks and started there with the Bummers, before moving to MLB for them last season (and where he was not as good, IMO); not sure he has the wheels to play Sam OLB in the typical CFL defence, but maybe; more like he can back-up at Mike & Will ? ;o)

Decent vet to have for depth for the play-off run - not sure if he would dress though unless Ball is out of the line-up for sure ?

Bass never played SAM.

You're both right. I meant WILL or Middle. Sometimes at work, I don't double check what I type on here.

Jon Gonzo
10-03-2017, 10:40 PM
Great pick up. Bring it, and don't stop bringing it! This is what it takes ladies and gentlemen.

OV Argo
10-03-2017, 10:46 PM
Why wouldn't we want an experienced linebacker who had 100 tackles just two years ago, and played on our main division rival until a few weeks ago? Practice rosters are expanded and we are planning on making a post-season run. There is zero downside to this.

Not sure who here said there was any "downside" to this move? - so why would you interpret it that way ?

paulwoods13
10-04-2017, 06:58 AM
Not sure who here said there was any "downside" to this move? - so why would you interpret it that way ?

Who said it was a reaction to anyone's post? It's an opinion that stands on its own.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8