PDA

View Full Version : GAME THREAD: Hamilton at Ottawa Friday October 27

jerrym
10-27-2017, 01:15 AM
With the possibility of finishing first depending on Ottawa winning, the players should be highly motivated. However, the recent loss of Sinopoli and Gavins, along with the previous losses of Joshua Stangby, as well as former Argos Kenny Shaw and SirVincent Rogers, leaves some significant holes in their game roster, thereby increasing the chance of a Hamilton upset.

ArgoZ
10-27-2017, 09:51 AM
Go Cats 🐱 Go!

Argo
10-27-2017, 06:24 PM
<dd style="margin-left: 1.6em; margin-bottom: 0.1em; margin-right: 0px; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">Oskee Wee Wee</dd><dd style="margin-left: 1.6em; margin-bottom: 0.1em; margin-right: 0px; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">Oskee Waa Waa</dd><dd style="margin-left: 1.6em; margin-bottom: 0.1em; margin-right: 0px; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">Holy Mackinaw</dd><dd style="margin-left: 1.6em; margin-bottom: 0.1em; margin-right: 0px; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">Tigers ... Eat 'em RAW!!</dd>

AngeloV
10-27-2017, 07:02 PM
Go Cats  Go!

<dd style="margin-left: 1.6em; margin-bottom: 0.1em; margin-right: 0px; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">Oskee Wee Wee</dd><dd style="margin-left: 1.6em; margin-bottom: 0.1em; margin-right: 0px; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">Oskee Waa Waa</dd><dd style="margin-left: 1.6em; margin-bottom: 0.1em; margin-right: 0px; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">Holy Mackinaw</dd><dd style="margin-left: 1.6em; margin-bottom: 0.1em; margin-right: 0px; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">Tigers ... Eat 'em RAW!!</dd>

This is just wrong. What's next? Box J boys skirts? Only Roddy Piper was able to pull that one off.

gilthethrill
10-27-2017, 07:34 PM
Ottawa looks horrible in the early going.

Will
10-27-2017, 10:27 PM
Well thanks for nothing Hamilton special teams.

Wobbler
10-27-2017, 10:29 PM
Yeah, so, like I said last week, "expecting Hamilton to do us a favor next week is not realistic".

LOL! I only saw the last ten minutes, but I was foolish to assume that Ottawa would crush the Ti-Cats at home. I'll have to watch the highlights to figure out how Spencer set a CFL record for total yards in a game that turned out to be a nail biter...

Argo57
10-27-2017, 10:30 PM
Argos will have to take care of business against the Lions.
Hamilton sucks by the way!!!

Will
10-27-2017, 10:38 PM
Ottawa has three comeback wins in a row -- something you gotta be concerned about heading into the playoffs.

ArgofanIan
10-27-2017, 10:46 PM
Cats deserve a lot of credit for turning things around .... and not mailing it in... Wish they had made the playoffs... nothing is better than an ARGO / Ticat play off game.... hopefully next year... Go ARGGOS.

gilthethrill
10-27-2017, 10:50 PM
Argos will have to take care of business against the Lions.
Hamilton sucks by the way!!!

Totally agree. Hamilton's record under Jones is misleading. Their season was done when he took over. They play well when it didn't matter. Argos still finish 1st in the East. Great game in the Nation's Capital.

Will
10-27-2017, 10:52 PM
Totally agree. Hamilton's record under Jones is misleading. Their season was done when he took over. They play well when it didn't matter. Argos still finish 1st in the East. Great game in the Nation's Capital.

Remember when Huard was fired in 2000? Argos went 6-3 the rest of the way and still missed the playoffs and subsequently missed the playoffs the next year. Not saying the two situations are identical, but there is no guarantee that the Ticats will suddenly return to form next year.

argolio
10-28-2017, 12:51 AM
Good game.

ArgoRavi
10-28-2017, 01:16 AM
Ottawa has three comeback wins in a row -- something you gotta be concerned about heading into the playoffs.

Ottawa should certainly concerned about their slow starts. They can't keep coming back like this in every game.

ArgoZ
10-28-2017, 07:25 AM
This is just wrong. What's next? Box J boys skirts? Only Roddy Piper was able to pull that one off.

Ha! I was only a Cats fan for 3 hours, but it didn't work. Great game, the only non Argos game I watched in its entirety this year. A double blue skirt would look good though! Just not with my white, bird legs.

Argo
10-28-2017, 10:41 AM

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Alas, the Ti-cats were not helpful. Though I am happy to see the team competitive once again.

AngeloV
10-28-2017, 02:13 PM
Remember when Huard was fired in 2000? Argos went 6-3 the rest of the way and still missed the playoffs and subsequently missed the playoffs the next year. Not saying the two situations are identical, but there is no guarantee that the Ticats will suddenly return to form next year.

Especially today with at least half of every team going into free agency after each season.

OV Argo
10-29-2017, 10:10 PM
Ottawa should certainly concerned about their slow starts. They can't keep coming back like this in every game.

Ottawa is missing their 2 best O-linemen (Rodgers & MacMillan), plus a 3x thousand yard key receiver in Sinopoli - all done for the season = good luck to them winning in the play-offs (take McEwen, Van Zeyl and SJ Green out of the Argos offensive line-up and think of their offence instead in a big game); and their D is average at best with not enough pass rush and an iffy at times secondary. I guess they could win with huge games from Ellingson & Spencer (again if he can duplicate last game), plus in sticking with lots of Powell and the ground game, but they better score lots of points and not rely on big come-back wins.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8