PDA

View Full Version : GAME THREAD: Calgary at Edmonton Saturday October 28

jerrym
10-28-2017, 02:13 AM
This is a hard one to predict because Bo Levi Mitchell admits he has a sore shoulder. Do they rest or risk him suffering further damage with first place locked up. If they rest him and others, how much rust will they gather before there Western final? Or Calgary could rest him with plans to play him next week and still have a game to tune up before the playoffs. Edmonton still has an opportunity to overtake Winnipeg for second and a home playoff date, so I'm leaning slightly to them.

jerrym
10-28-2017, 09:18 PM
Calgary has went with Bo and Jerome instead of resting them. Both are doing OK but nothing special. The offence and defence are looking more and more beatable this weekearly in the fourth quarter, as well as last week. The Stampeders have also been taking a lot more penalties recently, indicating both a lack of self-control on unnecessary penalties and desperate penalties as Stampeders are beaten more often along the line and in the defensive backfield.

doubleblue
10-29-2017, 11:04 AM
I think Calgary may have been playing possum the last couple of weeks, not wanting to show anything they're going to run in the playoffs. They will be a different team in the WF IMO.

AngeloV
10-29-2017, 02:12 PM
I think Calgary may have been playing possum the last couple of weeks, not wanting to show anything they're going to run in the playoffs. They will be a different team in the WF IMO.

Have to disagree. They are not going to be playing possum at the expense of the hit BLM has been taking. There intensity level may be low because they have locked up the division, but turning it on and off is a dangerous game to play.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8