MOP - Ricky Ray
Most Outstanding Defensive Player - Bear Woods
Most Outstanding Canadian and OL - Sean McEwen
Most Outstanding ST Player - Martese Jackson
Most Outstanding Rookie - James Wilder

https://www.argonauts.ca/2017/11/01/argos-announce-nominees-cfl-awards/

paulwoods13
11-01-2017, 03:59 PM
IMO Ray and Wilder have excellent chances to be finalists, Jackson, Woods and McEwen (as top O-lineman, not top Cdn) also have a shot. I expect it will be:

Ray vs. Reilly
Sinopoli vs. Singleton
Woods vs. Singleton
Castillo vs. Finch
Wilder vs. Boateng
?? vs. ?? (o-lineman)

ArgoGabe22
11-01-2017, 04:43 PM
Not sure McEwan deserves both nominations but centre is a tough position to evaluate from a fan's POV. I personally like Cross as CDN, but to be fair it was Coomb's nomination to lose. Coombs was the most outstanding Canadian up until his injury.

gilthethrill
11-01-2017, 07:51 PM
Not sure McEwan deserves both nominations but centre is a tough position to evaluate from a fan's POV. I personally like Cross as CDN, but to be fair it was Coomb's nomination to lose. Coombs was the most outstanding Canadian up until his injury.

I don't recall Ray having trouble with any shotgun snaps. Had Laing not been out for 7 games, he could have been selected too.

Will
11-02-2017, 09:19 AM
There have been so many injuries on the defensive side of the ball that it limited the candidates greatly. Not that Bear Woods didn't deserve the award or anything, but other candidates such as Butler, Lemon or Ball suffered significant injuries. The same can certainly be said of outstanding Canadian too.

OV Argo
11-02-2017, 06:58 PM
Not sure who/what the media guys who get to vote will go for in the East (and i don't care either - they are often clueless or else just buy what team shills sell them, IMO); but Ray is the main Argo candidate who should win IMO. McEwen a good shot too, and Wilder - was outstanding at times but did not play for his team a fair part of the season, so I would be reluctant to vote for him (Ticats rookie DB Leonard played/started from game one i believe and has been very good all season IMO); Pruneau had a quite a bit better season on D than Bear Woods IMO, but voters often just go by # of tackles or sacks - so this award favors MLBs and DEs.

jerrym
11-03-2017, 04:03 PM
My choices for Eastern and Western nominees and final winners are:

MOP - Ricky Ray - Mike Reilly winner Reilly
Most Outstanding Defensive Player - Bear Woods - Alex Singleton winner Singleton
Most Outstanding Canadian - Brad Sinopoli - Andrew Harris winner Harris
Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman - Alex Mateas - Brendan Labatte winner Labatte
Most Outstanding ST Player - Martese Jackson - Chris Rainey winner Rainey
Most Outstanding Rookie - James Wilder - Marken Michel winner Wilder

AngeloV
11-03-2017, 06:24 PM
My choices for Eastern and Western nominees and final winners are:

MOP - Ricky Ray - Mike Reilly winner Reilly
Most Outstanding Defensive Player - Bear Woods - Alex Singleton winner Singleton
Most Outstanding Canadian - Brad Sinopoli - Andrew Harris winner Harris
Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman - Alex Mateas - Brendan Labatte winner Labatte
Most Outstanding ST Player - Martese Jackson - Chris Rainey winner Rainey
Most Outstanding Rookie - James Wilder - Marken Michel winner Wilder

Only disagreement from me is Rainey. He really hasn’t been great on returns this year. Finch easily wins it.

jerrym
11-03-2017, 09:38 PM
Only disagreement from me is Rainey. He really hasn’t been great on returns this year. Finch easily wins it.

Finch has missed 4 games and has 1751 total return yards (punt, kick and kickoff returns) while Rainey has 2287 total return yards. Rainey also has don this despite facing greater demands placed on his body through his involvement in the offence. He beats Finch in rushing yards 224 yards to 114 yards and in receiving yardage 489 yards to 113 yards.
Finch would have had a better chance if he had not been injured.

AngeloV
11-03-2017, 10:59 PM
Finch has missed 4 games and has 1751 total return yards (punt, kick and kickoff returns) while Rainey has 2287 total return yards. Rainey also has don this despite facing greater demands placed on his body through his involvement in the offence. He beats Finch in rushing yards 224 yards to 114 yards and in receiving yardage 489 yards to 113 yards.
Finch would have had a better chance if he had not been injured.

You really can't go by the total yards. Rainey averages 8.5 yards per punt return, which is really bad. In fact, next to Zylstra, it's the worst in the league among regular returners. Zylstra has an excuse, he isn't really a returner. He's back there for his hands. The reason he leads in total return yards is because he has by far the most kickoff returns. Again, his average return of 23.1 os nothing to really get excited about. I will guarantee, he does not get the western nod for ST play.

His offensive stats are irrelevant for this category. Finch wins this hands down. I predict a unanimous vote.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8