PDA

View Full Version : GAME THREAD: Montreal at Hamilton Friday November 3

jerrym
11-03-2017, 01:44 AM
Outscored 243-93 under HC Kavis Reed, Montreal will play the part of the Christians being fed to the Tiger Cats in the Coliseum of Hamilton where the local spectators always vote thumbs down to any opponent.

jerrym
11-03-2017, 09:17 PM
No sign of life in the Als' offence other than BJ Cunningham's 4/81 yards late in the third quarter as Montreal trails 26-0 and Shiltz's first start looks pedestrian (to be kind) at 7/16 for 96 yards.

gilthethrill
11-03-2017, 11:01 PM
Hamilton are Grey Cup contenders based on tonight's win.....best part of the game was Duane Forde's comments about Toronto's soccer team ruining the field prior to the Argo playoff game.

jerrym
11-04-2017, 05:41 PM
Considering Montreal has 21 players 30 or older and many of them are its better players (relatively speaking), what this game tells us, if we didn't already know, is that this team has a rebuilding job that could last several years before bearing any visible gains.

doubleblue
11-05-2017, 09:30 AM
As others have said Kavis Reed has made a bad team worse.

Argo
11-05-2017, 09:35 AM
As others have said Kavis Reed has made a bad team worse.

Not firing Kavis Reed <=> Einstein's definition of insanity.

Argo57
11-05-2017, 09:45 AM
No sign of life in the Als' offence other than BJ Cunningham's 4/81 yards late in the third quarter as Montreal trails 26-0 and Shiltz's first start looks pedestrian (to be kind) at 7/16 for 96 yards.

Jerry, you misspelled Shiltz, remove the l.

OV Argo
11-05-2017, 09:48 PM
Jerry, you misspelled Shiltz, remove the l.

Hee, hee - good one.

Tough job maybe for a rookie QB to impress on that Als team and with a clown like Mavis as HC.

If Durant is done (maybe?) - they are back to the drawing board at QB, and they were dumb enough to get rid of 2 very good potential young QBs in Bridge & Adams. I'd suggest they might be smart to take a look at Laval's Vanier winning QB Hugo Richard (size, strong arm, decent mobility) for TC competition next year, but Mavis and the Wet-and-alls have probably never heard of him. A Quebec talent given a real shot to help a Montreal team in need could do something to help lagging fan interest too. They could add to that by drafting a star Q Conference receiver like Regis Cibasu (Carabins) and give him a shot to upgrade a weak receiving corps.

The age/too many old guys is being vastly over-stated as an excuse there IMO; Nik Lewis out to pasture is one thing and maybe Bowman too, but they still have a decent core of some talent there; they obviously need some new talent, but the real problem is dumb coaching and poor leadership. I'd suggest Mavis get punted out of town and (sorry to say) Als legend AC is not the brightest bulb IMO and probably shouldn't be anything other than a QB coach.

I fear for another real bad season there and a big decline in attendance.

Argo57
11-06-2017, 04:50 AM
True OV, less than ideal circumstances to make his initial start at QB.
As I’ve said before can’t believe the Alouettes are bringing Reed back, Montreal sports fans won’t put up with a losing team for too long.

paulwoods13
11-06-2017, 07:43 AM
Considering Montreal has 21 players 30 or older and many of them are its better players (relatively speaking), what this game tells us, if we didn't already know, is that this team has a rebuilding job that could last several years before bearing any visible gains.

I completely disagree. If there is one thing this league has shown over and over again, it is possible to turn around a bad program in a short period of time. It doesn't happen automatically, but smart GMs can find lots of talent quickly, especially given how many FAs are available every season. Not saying Kavis Reed is a smart GM, but if he turns out to be, Mtl could contend as early as next year.

Will
11-06-2017, 08:11 AM
I completely disagree. If there is one thing this league has shown over and over again, it is possible to turn around a bad program in a short period of time. It doesn't happen automatically, but smart GMs can find lots of talent quickly, especially given how many FAs are available every season. Not saying Kavis Reed is a smart GM, but if he turns out to be, Mtl could contend as early as next year.

I don't have much confidence in Kavis Reed as a GM.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8