View Full Version : EAST DIVISION FINAL GAME THREAD / Nov 19 / Saskatchewan @ Toronto

Wobbler
11-12-2017, 04:59 PM
https://s1.postimg.org/93q4olk9uz/riders.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/93q4olk9uz/) against https://s1.postimg.org/14yj7p0qm3/argos.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/14yj7p0qm3/) @ https://s1.postimg.org/5oq330jniz/bmo.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/5oq330jniz/)

I think we can expect a healthy crowd, which is great! The Riders are a good team, but it looked to me like they were a bit fortunate in the ESF game; Ottawa played poorly.

Stevoman
11-12-2017, 05:01 PM
Here we go!!!!!!!! Argos D will be better than the Redblacks but the Riders can be dangerous (remember last game we played them?). Happy for the bye week to have players get healed up and rested. After 2 close losses during the season, the Argos are due for the win. Should be fun!

Neely2005
11-12-2017, 05:15 PM
I felt they got a little lucky in both of their victories over us this season. Looking forward to getting some revenge.

jerrym
11-12-2017, 05:30 PM
The Argos can't allow Glenn to sit in the pocket waiting for a receiver to open up as Ottawa did by rushing only three for most of the game or they may suffer the same fate as the RedBlacks.

Golden Fleece
11-12-2017, 05:34 PM
Still a fair number of tickets left. Mostly upper deck on both sides. Don't mind Rider fans helping fill the place, but we can't let them take away home field advantage. Given our edge at QB and on D I like our chances against a well-coached team.

Bruro
11-12-2017, 07:53 PM
Congrads to Rider nation. bmo is almost assured a sellout now and Riders fans have a chance of making this a home game :D

ArgoZ
11-12-2017, 08:09 PM
Is a Torontonian that cheers for their hometown Saskatchewan vs the Argos the same as a transplanted Canadian that cheers for their home country Honduras vs Canada in soccer? I mean, it’s Toronto or Ontario that has given them their nice car/condo/job and the reason they left Regina with much less opportunities.

Tobythor
11-12-2017, 08:17 PM
Is a Torontonian that cheers for their hometown Saskatchewan vs the Argos the same as a transplanted Canadian that cheers for their home country Honduras vs Canada in soccer? I mean, it’s Toronto or Ontario that has given them their nice car/condo/job and the reason they left Regina with much less opportunities.

I just moved to Hamilton, should I start cheering for the Ti-Cats when they play the Argos? Lol not going to happen.

gilthethrill
11-12-2017, 08:23 PM
Marcus Thigpen gives Saskatchewan a dangerous running game. A fine replacement for the injured Trent Richardson.

Wobbler
11-12-2017, 08:36 PM
Is a Torontonian that cheers for their hometown Saskatchewan vs the Argos the same as a transplanted Canadian that cheers for their home country Honduras vs Canada in soccer?
Yes. And both should be welcomed to this exciting playoff game!

ArgoZ
11-12-2017, 09:39 PM
I just moved to Hamilton, should I start cheering for the Ti-Cats when they play the Argos? Lol not going to happen.

Ha! True. I also live close to Hamilton. ARRRGOOS!

ArgoRavi
11-12-2017, 11:24 PM
I felt they got a little lucky in both of their victories over us this season. Looking forward to getting some revenge.

The Argo defence was as beaten up as ever the last time these two teams played. The Argos were without Bear Woods, Marcus Ball, and Shawn Lemon among others.

Jon Gonzo
11-13-2017, 08:33 AM
I am thinking 21,000 watch the Argos win by 24-21; an Edmonton-Argo Grey Cup (Ray vs. Reilly. A Battle of the MOP's).

paulwoods13
11-13-2017, 08:59 AM
We are winning this game. Not a doubt in my mind. Sask is good, but we are better.

BATKINSON001
11-13-2017, 09:15 AM
going to be a hell of a game regardless. I hope more torontonians attend than sask fans.

based on the seating map on ticketmaster the stadium looks to be 75% filled (grey seats)

https://www1.ticketmaster.ca/toronto-argonauts-playoff-game-toronto-ontario-11-19-2017/event/10005343C18F5A0F?brand=torontoargonauts&CAMEFROM=CFC_ARGONAUTS_SOCIAL_FINAL_SASK

1971GreyCup
11-13-2017, 09:44 AM
For this game, I think anyone in the Oshawa/Whitby area can get the Hawkeyes special rate for Silver/Navy seats PLUS benefit minor league football locally. Contact the Oshawa Hawkeyes Football Club.

ArgofanIan
11-13-2017, 11:15 AM
Breakfast Television... CP24 .... had easy contest to win tickets this morning near the end of show....not sure if they are doing this all week or just today.... if your looking to save some money on tickets or need extra... Go ARRGOS !!

timlb01
11-13-2017, 11:31 AM
The Bridge / Glenn combo worries me to some extent. I really like the fact Ball is back with the rest of the "D" line and linebackers. I think Ottawa should have brought more pressure on Glenn which I think we are much stronger at even if we only bring 3 or 4. We have a great chance of winning but I am sure my nerves will be running wild come Sunday. I think Edmonton will take Calgary.

Who would you rather have Thigpen or Wilder Jr? I would go with Wilder Jr. He has shown to be very dynamic in all aspects of the game. I am really looking forward to this game!!!!!

paulwoods13
11-13-2017, 11:50 AM
The game, like most playoff games, will probably be decided at the line of scrimmage. Ott's o-line couldn't hold off Sask's pass rush, and Ott's d-line got next to no pressure on Glenn. I'm very confident our d-line will play a lot better than Ott's, and fairly confident our o-line is up to the challenge. We have to establish Wilder early and often so as to force Sask to respect the run -- that will buy Ricky an extra second or two when he's throwing. We also have better receivers than the group Ott had yesterday, with no Sinopoli and a half-speed Ellingson. I sure hope Edwards is able to play after getting dinged up last week.

timlb01
11-13-2017, 11:55 AM
The game, like most playoff games, will probably be decided at the line of scrimmage. Ott's o-line couldn't hold off Sask's pass rush, and Ott's d-line got next to no pressure on Glenn. I'm very confident our d-line will play a lot better than Ott's, and fairly confident our o-line is up to the challenge. We have to establish Wilder early and often so as to force Sask to respect the run -- that will buy Ricky an extra second or two when he's throwing. We also have better receivers than the group Ott had yesterday, with no Sinopoli and a half-speed Ellingson. I sure hope Edwards is able to play after getting dinged up last week.

I agree with you. I am surprised but think the Riders made adjustments by dressing American O-line men yesterday but I believe they had the most sacks against this year. Our healthy "D" will be a much greater challenge then Ottawa presented.

S.A.C.
11-13-2017, 12:21 PM
based on the seating map on ticketmaster the stadium looks to be 75% filled (grey seats)I don't think it looks much different from any of the other games this season when I've looked at Ticketmaster. The seats they show as blue to mean they're presently available to buy are, as far as I know, usually just the lower 2 or 3 rows at that price for each section. It does not necessarily mean that all the other (gray) seats have already been sold.

Neely2005
11-13-2017, 12:35 PM
The Argo defence was as beaten up as ever the last time these two teams played. The Argos were without Bear Woods, Marcus Ball, and Shawn Lemon among others.

IIRC there were also a couple of questionable calls that went against us in the game in Saskatchewan.

Neely2005
11-13-2017, 12:49 PM

Agreed. By that logic we should cheer for the leafs which would just be gross!

gilthethrill
11-13-2017, 01:36 PM
We are winning this game. Not a doubt in my mind. Sask is good, but we are better.

Reading your confident post does not reassure me. I will be a basket case all week.

OV Argo
11-13-2017, 01:52 PM

I'm even more confident I believe Paul; the Riders deserve some credit for some big games and great play at times this season, but on paper, this is IMO a big-time one-sided Argo advantage match-up. Rested, mostly healthy, peaking team at home; Argos have way better defensive talent (IMO), and a Ricky Ray vs. Kevin Glenn QB match-up (a joke on paper). However, the games are not played on paper.

Still, I'll be a bit disappointed if it is less than a 20 some point advantage beat-down over an over-rated team led by a legend in his own mind, over-rated, clown-act, superstar GM/HC/football gawd to dupes.

Hope I didn't jinx things with these comments.

:biteme:

RB957
11-13-2017, 03:31 PM

Reading your confident post does not reassure me. I will be a basket case all week.

IIRC, the last time paulwoods13 made such a bold prediction was the game vs. Hamiltion, in Hamilton..... which we won. (although it was a nail biter). So anyway, I am all in if we can repeat that. But I think it is going to be a tough game. The Riders have some mojo going, and so much of it in the playoffs comes down to the mental aspect. I believe our defence is better and will pressure Kevin Glenn and we are better overall on offence. Need a big game from our O-line, both run blocking and pass protection, and IMO, biggest thing is disciplined play with no stupid penalties. That has hurt us all year long.

Kevin Glenn in some ways is the feel good story in these playoffs - he has played for 17 years, with almost every team but never won the Cup. His team mates are well aware of this and it has given them extra motivation, according to an article in today's Star. When an entire team buys into that, the results can be amazing. Having said that, it seems the Argos are equally motivated and also have something to prove. It is going to be an awesome game.

AngeloV
11-13-2017, 04:16 PM
The Bridge / Glenn combo worries me to some extent.

Doesn't worry me a bit. Glenn will have problems I believe as unlike the RedBlacks, the Argos will get pressure on him, and he will make mistakes. Bridge had a once in a lifetime appearance last time, and it still took a penalty and last play FG to win that game. Argos win this game.

R.J
11-13-2017, 04:26 PM
The only part of the Riders offense that's a bit worrisome IMO would be their run game, which has looked really good at certain points this season. Their defense and special teams could potentially give us issues as well I suppose, but overall I'm confident that the Argos will win this match up. I've predicted that it'll be the Eskimos vs. Argonauts for the Grey Cup (which would be great for me as I bought my tickets long ago), but I wouldn't be willing to bet on it, as I always seem to jinx teams when I do lol.

ArgoFan1
11-13-2017, 05:03 PM
going to be a hell of a game regardless. I hope more torontonians attend than sask fans.

based on the seating map on ticketmaster the stadium looks to be 75% filled (grey seats)

https://www1.ticketmaster.ca/toronto-argonauts-playoff-game-toronto-ontario-11-19-2017/event/10005343C18F5A0F?brand=torontoargonauts&CAMEFROM=CFC_ARGONAUTS_SOCIAL_FINAL_SASK

What is this??? I bought extra tickets for my son and his friend using the promo code the Argos sent me and the cheapest tickets were the $30 end zone tickets. Now I look at this Ticketmaster plan and there are seats for $19 and $27. Those didn't show up in the map that I got when I logged in via my Argo account. Some deal for season seat holders !!! Not that I care too much, since I am not the one paying for tickets... just the idea that the Argos sent that email to me with their great season seat holder discount...which is nowhere near true.

Mightygoose
11-13-2017, 05:16 PM
The 19.00 pair looks like It opened up about an hour or two ago. They look pretty isolated so it could be either a resale or a STH exchanged theirs out and upgraded.

Edit: Those 19.00 tickets are already gone. I believe the rate on ticketmaster listed doesn't include the 3.00 facility fee so if it's the Pulltogether promo it works out better on the more expensive seats. Used it on the Gold A category it it's definitely cheaper than going on ticketmaster.

Shatto
11-13-2017, 05:20 PM
I hope that there is some acceptable explanation for the Ticketmaster seats being offered at a cheaper price, than the "cheapest" seat price being offered to a STH. If this really is the case, management has some explaining to do.

Joe Barnes
11-13-2017, 07:01 PM

My logical mind tells me that we are perfectly capable of winning this game, I firmly believe that, but, the basket has already started revving up...Not to wish our lives away but can't wait for Sunday to get here!

Argo57
11-13-2017, 07:31 PM

👍 I like your thinking Paul!

argolio
11-14-2017, 12:34 AM
Call me crazy, but I'm picking the Argos.

And in an Argo-Rider related story, Danny Barrett, running backs coach for the Dolphins, got a fair bit of screen time during the Monday nighter.

R.J
11-14-2017, 12:58 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The stage is set - the first-ever home playoff game at <a href="https://twitter.com/BMOField?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@BMOField</a> is this Sunday <a href="https://t.co/J5QfmKPQss">https://t.co/J5QfmKPQss</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ArgosFootball?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ArgosFootball</a> <a href="https://t.co/YTVLpBVOdF">pic.twitter.com/YTVLpBVOdF</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CFL?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#CFL</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Argos?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Argos</a> via <a href="https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TorontoArgos</a></p>&mdash; CFL News (@CFL_News) <a href="https://twitter.com/CFL_News/status/930273907617226752?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 14, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Getting Hyped !

jerrym
11-14-2017, 03:49 AM
Marcus Thigpen gives Saskatchewan a dangerous running game. A fine replacement for the injured Trent Richardson.

A superior replacement for Richardson.

mchesher03
11-14-2017, 10:00 AM
With grey cup tickets in hand as well, I’m already nervous for this one, and because I think we have a very strong shot at winning and if we get to the GC, who knows.

I never felt this nerve last year or in the past few years because it was obvious we didn’t have anywhere close to “it”

This time just might!

Anyhow definitely going to be a few nights where my sleep is affected this week! Such is life. I think we have the team, keep those f&$*ing penalties down though!!

Also I have no concerns about saskie fans there – bring ‘em on who cares the more the merrier. Argo fans have shown the volume this year IMO!!

Footballdude
11-14-2017, 01:00 PM
18,000 sold already,(confirmed by Argo rep) the crowd will be well over 20,000. We have a shot at a sellout, but looks like 22,000 to 24,000, which would be great to see. As the Sun sports writer (Frank) reported today, if the Argos can get over 20,000 for this game, then they can see the building blocks, anything under 19,000 would be very very bad for this team.

Al&Kat
11-14-2017, 08:20 PM
did anyone happen to notice the number of apparently unsold seats in the Peg last week for the West semi?
And it had been years since they hosted a game, and never in Investors Field...strange.

here's a scary thought: Chad Owens scoring the winning TD in the final minute...

AngeloV
11-14-2017, 08:35 PM
did anyone happen to notice the number of apparently unsold seats in the Peg last week for the West semi?
And it had been years since they hosted a game, and never in Investors Field...strange.

IGF was built with way too many end zone seats. Those were the empty seats. From what I understand, between the goal lines were packed. 27K + is not a bad crowd for a semi final.

R.J
11-14-2017, 08:42 PM
IGF was built with way too many end zone seats. Those were the empty seats. From what I understand, between the goal lines were packed. 27K + is not a bad crowd for a semi final.
IGF was built about 3,000 seats too big and in the wrong location IMO. Considering how competitive the team was this season, it's disappointing not seeing 28,000+ for each game, but aside from the Riders and Redblacks, there seems to be a growing problem with attendance around the league the last few years.

Argo57
11-14-2017, 09:25 PM

here's a scary thought: Chad Owens scoring the winning TD in the final minute...

Or a more positive scenario: a Chad Owens fumble recovered by Toronto to seal the deal!

Neely2005
11-14-2017, 10:07 PM

The only time that I've enjoyed watching a football game from the endzone was when the Argonauts had the all you can eat pizza promotion with pizza pizza.

Neely2005
11-14-2017, 10:08 PM
Or a more positive scenario: a Chad Owens fumble recovered by Toronto to seal the deal!

It would definitely be nice for Owens ball protection issues to benefit us for a change.

Neely2005
11-14-2017, 10:25 PM
Breakdown from CFL.ca:

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/11/14/head-head-edge-eastern-final/

ArgoRavi
11-14-2017, 11:49 PM

Agreed, AV. Semi-final games have been notoriously tough sells for years now in the CFL. I still recall only 12k showing up for the Ticats/Bombers in Winnipeg in 1988. The crowds for the two games this past weekend were both excellent for semi-final games.

AngeloV
11-15-2017, 07:13 PM
The only time that I've enjoyed watching a football game from the endzone was when the Argonauts had the all you can eat pizza promotion with pizza pizza.

I did it in my early teen years at CNE because basically that was all I can afford. It funny, I have no issue sitting sideline endzone, but I just don't like directly in the endzone. So hard to see how many yards are made on any particular play, and it's frustrating to me.

AngeloV
11-15-2017, 07:14 PM
Agreed, AV. Semi-final games have been notoriously tough sells for years now in the CFL. I still recall only 12k showing up for the Ticats/Bombers in Winnipeg in 1988. The crowds for the two games this past weekend were both excellent for semi-final games.

Yeah, but who really wanted to see Sean Salisbury against Todd Dillon?

Neely2005
11-15-2017, 07:21 PM
I did it in my early teen years at CNE because basically that was all I can afford. It funny, I have no issue sitting sideline endzone, but I just don't like directly in the endzone. So hard to see how many yards are made on any particular play, and it's frustrating to me.

Yeah that's exactly why I don't like it either.

Joe Barnes
11-15-2017, 07:24 PM

I agree. I always get fooled by the fake hand off, or whatever, and end up watching the wrong guy for a second or two and miss the rest of the play! I would never make it as a middle linebacker!

I guess semis don't sell because there is not enough time to really hype them if, like this year, the seeding isn't set until the last week of the season. Often, the games with 2nd versus 3rd are more exciting IMO, anything can happen...especially if the first place team is a clear favourite. Last year's Western semi with Winnipeg and BC was a great game, for example, while the BC/Calgary final was dull.

larz-7
11-15-2017, 09:32 PM
one end zone more than they had in there last stadium.

Migs
11-15-2017, 10:35 PM
I think this game will be a shootout that ends up in OT.

Riders by 8

Migs
11-15-2017, 10:38 PM
The only part of the Riders offense that's a bit worrisome IMO would be their run game, which has looked really good at certain points this season. Their defense and special teams could potentially give us issues as well I suppose, but overall I'm confident that the Argos will win this match up. I've predicted that it'll be the Eskimos vs. Argonauts for the Grey Cup (which would be great for me as I bought my tickets long ago), but I wouldn't be willing to bet on it, as I always seem to jinx teams when I do lol.

Hopefully the Argos D forgets about Owens & the Presidents (Carter, Roosevelt, & Grant) as well. :)

R.J
11-16-2017, 10:39 AM
Hopefully the Argos D forgets about Owens & the Presidents (Carter, Roosevelt, & Grant) as well. :)
I didn't forget about them, I just don't think much of your QB's. Argos have shut down Glenn in a big game before, and Bridge seems to only excel at sandlot style ball. Nullify both and the receivers become moot IMO.

c33
11-16-2017, 11:06 AM
Looking forward to this one like I haven't looked forward to a game in quite some time. I spent most of the season in the states and didn't catch a single Argo game all year.

I may well be the only guy in Saskatchewan wearing blue this Sunday. And (hopefully) the only one celebrating when it's over.

Will
11-16-2017, 11:16 AM
Anyone's anxiety starting to ramp up?

R.J
11-16-2017, 12:18 PM
I know mine is!

https://m.popkey.co/862ad1/ajgKG.gif

Will
11-16-2017, 12:31 PM
I've had two separate dreams the last two nights--one where the Argos lost and one where the Argos won. The score the Argos lost by was 28-17 and the score that they won by was 4-3.

ArgoGabe22
11-16-2017, 12:37 PM
and the score that they won by was 4-3.

Were they playing at Rosedale Field?

timlb01
11-16-2017, 02:39 PM
Were they playing at Rosedale Field?

A+ Those were the days :)

mchesher03
11-16-2017, 03:34 PM

To indirectly answer your question, I think about this game on my commute to and from work every day, while I’m walking my dog and before I fall asleep.

Mainly running through a lot of “what if” scenarios that serve no purpose whatsoever, but such is life.

My current favourite “what if” involves the riders getting the ball off the opening kick-off, going 2 and out and then the argos scoring a major to open the game. Declan Cross on that nice little out to the flat to be specific

gilthethrill
11-16-2017, 04:51 PM

Been pretty edgy since last Sunday around 4:15.

Stevoman
11-16-2017, 09:53 PM
Another part of this game that I'm looking forward to is the different coaching philosophies going head to head. Jones and Trestman are quite the contrast and both are very effective. It is an intriguing match up.

jerrym
11-16-2017, 10:43 PM

Hell no. Like life, considering the alternative, I'm celebrating.

jerrym
11-16-2017, 11:28 PM
Further raising my confidence, is that Pinball spoke to the players today and now have a Pinball section in the stands where fans can sit with Pinball.

Toronto Argonauts defensive end Shawn Lemon had a front row seat to the oratory power that is Michael “Pinball” Clemons on Wednesday. It is, as it turns out, not just vocal heat or emotional heat but actual physical heat.
“I was cold before practice started but once Pinball started talking, that just went away,” Lemon said. “It’s not about football but it is about football. It’s about life and you can apply it how you want to apply it. That’s why his speeches are so powerful.” ...

The Argonauts have also launched a new “Pinball section” where fans can sit with Clemons, who has eschewed the warm comfort of a suite to sit among what are likely to be the semi-frigid masses. This comes as no surprise to Lemon, who says Clemons’ ability to relate to people is what gives his motivational talks the air of authenticity they need to be effective with professional athletes who have heard a lot of speeches.
“I was leaving practice on Tuesday and Pinball is walking in with food for the coaches because he knew they were going to be here late,” Lemon said. “He carries equipment bags after the game, no cameras around. That’s just who he is.” ...
“I was leaving practice on Tuesday and Pinball is walking in with food for the coaches because he knew they were going to be here late,” Lemon said. “He carries equipment bags after the game, no cameras around. That’s just who he is.” ...
“There’s a saying, ‘People are too impatient to be smart.’ Building takes time,” he said. “This game is an important step but it doesn’t solve things, the turnaround isn’t complete. But there’s tremendous traction and momentum.”

https://www.thestar.com/sports/argos/2017/11/15/argos-turn-to-the-power-of-pinball-while-preparing-for-east-final.html

mchesher03
11-17-2017, 07:20 AM
Hell no. Like life, considering the alternative, I'm celebrating.

Oh yeah at that level, 100%. This is sports and win or lose, it doesn’t overly matter in the end. However, man it’ll be fun. Seems like a long time since we have home playoffs games (feel like they used to be a more regular occurrence)

gilthethrill
11-17-2017, 04:46 PM
I am thinking back to 1982 playoffs. In the ESF Ottawa RB Skip Walker ran for over 200 yards against Hamilton. The next week against the Argos, the defense set the tone early, basically making him a non factor. Sensing Marcus Thigpen is going to be Skip Walker on Sunday.

smokeslet'sgo
11-17-2017, 05:24 PM
We did have one every year from 2002-2007, 6 years in a row...then the dumpster fire of 2008 and 2009 happened :(

Argo57
11-17-2017, 07:25 PM
I am thinking back to 1982 playoffs. In the ESF Ottawa RB Skip Walker ran for over 200 yards against Hamilton. The next week against the Argos, the defense set the tone early, basically making him a non factor. Sensing Marcus Thigpen is going to be Skip Walker on Sunday.

An Argonaut repeat performance of the 1982 Eastern Final would be ok by me!

AngeloV
11-17-2017, 08:08 PM

I remember Skip Walker saying that they had a surprise for the Argos going into that game. The surprise must have been that the covered a 37 1/2 point spread...barely.

jerrym
11-17-2017, 08:41 PM
Several Riders will not be playing.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chris Jones confirms no Brendon Labatte for the EDF. Nor Cameron Marshall or Trent Richardson.</p>&mdash; Rod Pedersen (@rodpedersen) <a href="https://twitter.com/rodpedersen/status/931582052582834176?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 17, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

AngeloV
11-17-2017, 11:22 PM
Been pretty edgy since last Sunday around 4:15.

May I suggest more coffee? The edgier the better.

AngeloV
11-17-2017, 11:24 PM
Several Riders will not be playing.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chris Jones confirms no Brendon Labatte for the EDF. Nor Cameron Marshall or Trent Richardson.</p>— Rod Pedersen (@rodpedersen) <a href="https://twitter.com/rodpedersen/status/931582052582834176?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 17, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

None of them played last week either. Rod Pederson is just getting an excuse ready in case they lose. Pederson being Pederson. A bigger homer than Buffalo broadcasters even.

ArgoRavi
11-18-2017, 12:24 AM
An Argonaut repeat performance of the 1982 Eastern Final would be ok by me!

That would be wonderful!

gilthethrill
11-18-2017, 07:40 AM
May I suggest more coffee? The edgier the better.

Done!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBz96kxl4Hg

DoubleBlue1873
11-18-2017, 09:31 AM
Argos will need to apply lots of pressure on Glenn from the get-go. Ottawa did nothing last week and it cost them dearly. Fortunately, we have among the best front four in the league. The only problem is if we push Glenn out of the game too early. We saw what happened the last time the Riders were at BMO - Bridge picked apart our secondary. Argos will need to adjust much faster this time around if that happens. Fortunately, we're pretty much back to full strength on D.

Getting pumped up for game time - can't wait

Argo57
11-18-2017, 10:14 AM
I’ve already told my family I need silence on game day.
Early game day run with my dogs, light stretch, soak in the hot tub then get my formal Argo attire on.
Eric (my son) and I will then go to the Go station to head into Toronto, sadly he will be decked out in his Ticat gear (the shame).
But I’m proud he is a loyal CFL fan!
Looking forward to seeing Angelo, gil and the gang at the game, hoping to see a lot of double blue in the stands!
Saskatchewan is a formidable opponent with some big play potential but the Argonauts are more than capable of winning this game.
Hopefully Kevin Glenn holds true to his previous playoff form and Toronto prevails.
**Most importantly, post game victory dinner in Liberty Village**

paulwoods13
11-18-2017, 11:50 AM
Depth chart is out: https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2017/11/ArgosDepth_vsSSKNov19.pdf

Presumably Mathews and either Sears or Ford will sit. Our best-looking depth chart of the season IMO.

Argo57
11-18-2017, 11:55 AM
Depth chart is out: https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2017/11/ArgosDepth_vsSSKNov19.pdf

Presumably Mathews and either Sears or Ford will sit. Our best-looking depth chart of the season IMO.

Lineup looks strong for tomorrow, no excuses from an injury standpoint.

R.J
11-18-2017, 11:57 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">For tomorrow&#39;s Eastern Final:<br><br>Your <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Riders?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Riders</a> depth-chart as we take on the <a href="https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TorontoArgos</a> from BMO Field.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BEL13VE?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BEL13VE</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RiderPride?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#RiderPride</a> <a href="https://t.co/MbtqJkJd0k">pic.twitter.com/MbtqJkJd0k</a></p>&mdash; Sask. Roughriders (@sskroughriders) <a href="https://twitter.com/sskroughriders/status/931915096921554944?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 18, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here&#39;s how we&#39;ll line up tomorrow afternoon for the Eastern Final against the <a href="https://twitter.com/sskroughriders?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@sskroughriders</a>.<br><br>🗒 » <a href="https://t.co/MY7l5VShEm">https://t.co/MY7l5VShEm</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ArgosFootball?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ArgosFootball</a> <a href="https://t.co/VvEeggjaMf">pic.twitter.com/VvEeggjaMf</a></p>&mdash; Toronto Argonauts (@TorontoArgos) <a href="https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos/status/931917011860500480?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 18, 2017</a></blockquote>

Stevoman
11-18-2017, 12:14 PM
Lineup looks strong for tomorrow, no excuses from an injury standpoint.

I agree. Happy for the bye week and this looks like the best depth chart of the season! This is going to be a good one.

Bleeds Double Blue
11-18-2017, 01:18 PM
Eric (my son) will be decked out in his Ticat gear (the shame).

Your lack of proper parenting is appalling. :(

Wobbler
11-18-2017, 01:21 PM
Johnny Sears makes an unexpected return. He hasn't played in a long time - I wonder how much we're going to use him.

Good looking chart.

Argo57
11-18-2017, 01:23 PM
Your lack of proper parenting is appalling. :(

We all have our issues in life👍

paulwoods13
11-18-2017, 01:24 PM
I'm guessing Sears sits; it's either him or Ford IMO.

Argo57
11-18-2017, 01:25 PM
Johnny Sears makes an unexpected return. He hasn't played in a long time - I wonder how much we're going to use him.

Good looking chart.

Before Sears had his brain cramp earlier this season he was playing pretty well.

R.J
11-18-2017, 01:56 PM
Eastern Final Pre Game Press Conference, for anyone interested in watching.
https://www.cfl.ca/live/2017/11/17/eastern-final-pre-game-press-conference-toronto-argonauts/

OV Argo
11-18-2017, 02:16 PM
Like the look of that Argo secondary with Vaughn back there - plenty of talent and experience.

The Rider D may have some athletes & speed that ego-Jones thinks is so important, but they have lots of inexperience there, plus glaring weakness IMO on the D-line (other than Jefferson who is league best talent at DE IMO). Wilder should be able to run for lots of yards + Ray should be able to complete tons of passes - we shall see. And if that mediocre stiff Glenn lights up this Argo D - something is very wrong there.

Neely2005
11-18-2017, 02:47 PM
Good news, it looks like Foxcroft has been assigned to the West Final so we won't be getting him. It looks like we Might be getting Bradbury.

argolio
11-18-2017, 04:42 PM
Good news, it looks like Foxcroft has been assigned to the West Final so we won't be getting him. It looks like we Might be getting Bradbury.I'd rather have Foxcroft.

AngeloV
11-18-2017, 04:46 PM
I'd rather have Foxcroft.

You and me both.

Argo57
11-18-2017, 05:14 PM
Good news, it looks like Foxcroft has been assigned to the West Final so we won't be getting him. It looks like we Might be getting Bradbury.

If that’s the good news I’d hate to know what the bad news is?

R.J
11-18-2017, 05:15 PM
If that’s the good news I’d hate to know what the bad news is?
We get Vallesi ?

Argo57
11-18-2017, 05:17 PM
We get Vallesi ?

Neither of them impress me, hopefully a non issue.

ArgoGabe22
11-18-2017, 05:27 PM
Any proof that Bradbury or Vallesi even made the cut for playoffs?

BATKINSON001
11-18-2017, 05:38 PM
Who are these guys you speak of?

argotom
11-18-2017, 07:30 PM

I rather get Foxcroft as well, as Bradbury is one of the worst.

ArgoRavi
11-19-2017, 03:48 AM
Before Sears had his brain cramp earlier this season he was playing pretty well.

IIRC, Sears only played one game after his brain cramp. I thought that he had maybe been shut down for the season but obviously not.

gilthethrill
11-19-2017, 07:11 AM
We get Vallesi ?

I am always worried about this Harpin fellow who is in the Command Centre.

ArgoGabe22
11-19-2017, 08:41 AM
We get Bradbury!!!!!

Golden Fleece
11-19-2017, 10:08 AM
Heading to the game now. Here's to celebrating a berth in the Grey Cup tonight!

R.J
11-19-2017, 11:32 AM
I am always worried about this Harpin fellow who is in the Command Centre.
Looks like Harbin will be the replay official and Jake Ireland will be the video official. Hopefully Comissioner Ambrosie fixes the officiating for next season.

Just bought a new Argos toque at Sportchek, and heading to the game now. So hyped!

smokeslet'sgo
11-19-2017, 12:15 PM
Can anyone report in from the tailgate? What's the vibe like? What's the mix of fans like?

Argo
11-19-2017, 12:32 PM
Looks like Harbin will be the replay official and Jake Ireland will be the video official. Hopefully Comissioner Ambrosie fixes the officiating for next season.

One can always hope that CFL Officiating does not disgrace the East Division Final - either in real time on the field or in super slo-mo at the Catastrophe Centre.

gilthethrill
11-19-2017, 12:38 PM
One can always hope that CFL Officiating does not disgrace the East Division Final - either in real time on the field or in super slo-mo at the Catastrophe Centre.

I was thinking the same thing...like a clean Argo sack that gets a major foul at a critical time. Get Carter frustrated early like Hamilton did in the playoffs a couple seasons ago...he folded like a cheap lawn chair that afternoon.

jerrym
11-19-2017, 12:46 PM
This is by far the largest number of pregame posts on a game thread. Together with the dramatic improvement in attendance for this final, it augurs well for the Argos future, providing they continue to build on it throughout the off-season.

jerrym
11-19-2017, 12:51 PM
I expect the Riders to key on stopping Wilder initially so I hope the Argos use lots of play action at the start of the game.

smokeslet'sgo
11-19-2017, 01:13 PM
Getting real tired of these gambles...do we have no confidence in our kick game?

jerrym
11-19-2017, 01:14 PM
The handoff to Wilder was too slow in developing on the third and one situation. I don't understand why Fajardo didn't carry the ball considering how successful he has been all season with his big body on the QB sneak.

jerrym
11-19-2017, 01:16 PM
Getting real tired of these gambles...do we have no confidence in our kick game?
Ya. I agree take the early lead when you can.

smokeslet'sgo
11-19-2017, 01:35 PM
I'm seriously shocked we got that call

jerrym
11-19-2017, 01:37 PM
I was just going to type the defence is doing a great job getting pressure when they get not only the pressure but a TD interception and cost the Riders their challenge as a bonus!

Argo
11-19-2017, 01:39 PM
I was just going to type the defence is doing a great job getting pressure when they get not only the pressure but a TD interception and cost the Riders their challenge as a bonus!

My thinking was that the Argonauts D was going to be the difference in this game.

jerrym
11-19-2017, 01:57 PM
With Bridge in now, the Argos will need to adjust their pass rushes to contain him.

jerrym
11-19-2017, 02:10 PM
What an ugly throw for an interception by Ray.

jerrym
11-19-2017, 02:12 PM
Followed immediately by an ugly throw for an interception by Bridge!

Argo
11-19-2017, 02:12 PM
Offence... please... get off the toilet.

ARGOMAN
11-19-2017, 02:21 PM
Marc Trestman made bad call when Argos had 3rd and 1 first drive of game, it was only half yard, Cody should have kept ball and done his thing, he is almost perfect this year 90+ %

Fantastic TD, but I dont like all these throw away first down runs, I prefer throwing on first down more, GREAT TD btw

Not meaning to annoy, but really bothered me Sask bringing their politics in to game by linking arms. That really bothered me, I suspect I am the minority

jerrym
11-19-2017, 02:24 PM
Posey TD reception followed by a Vaughn interception. This could turn into a rout!

ARGOMAN
11-19-2017, 02:30 PM
Posey TD reception followed by a Vaughn interception. This could turn into a rout!

My worry when Argos have a lead, they quite often play Conservative and lose game in end, peddle to the metal, they need to have killer instinct. Sask will be different team in 3rd qtr, if not 3rd then 4th

Argo
11-19-2017, 02:37 PM
My worry when Argos have a lead, they quite often play Conservative and lose game in end, peddle to the metal, they need to have killer instinct. Sask will be different team in 3rd qtr, if not 3rd then 4th

Killer instinct? Today, the offence hasn't demonstrated that it's capable of dispatching a fleeing snail. It had better make adjustments and wake up. (Even giving the Sask D any and all credit it's due.)

jerrym
11-19-2017, 02:39 PM

Welcome on board, Argoman. There is always a danger of this. However, it is the defence that is either scoring or setting up the Argos to score. This game is certainly not won. However, if the defence keeps up their intensity and adjusts to any adjustments by Jones the odds are definitely in the Argos favour. But I do agree playing conservative could give the Riders to get back into the game. Consecutive two and outs can quickly change the overall game momentum.

ARGOMAN
11-19-2017, 02:59 PM
Welcome on board, Argoman. There is always a danger of this. However, it is the defence that is either scoring or setting up the Argos to score. This game is certainly not won. However, if the defence keeps up their intensity and adjusts to any adjustments by Jones the odds are definitely in the Argos favour. But I do agree playing conservative could give the Riders to get back into the game. Consecutive two and outs can quickly change the overall game momentum.

I am not to happy with first down run and nothing, lets pass, thanks for welcome

Wobbler
11-19-2017, 03:02 PM
Did TSN's computers crash for a while? The score + down-and-distance bar was gone for a couple of series along with the virtual first down line.

jerrym
11-19-2017, 03:14 PM
Bridge is now 1/6. I think he has the potential to be a good QB but this is his first playoff game and I feel he is overmatched by the intensity. I'm not saying Glenn is the answer, but I am surprised Jones hasn't put the veteran back in. However, the way the Argo D is playing, the Riders may have no answer anywhere in their lineup.

ARGOMAN
11-19-2017, 03:15 PM
Did TSN's computers crash for a while? The score + down-and-distance bar was gone for a couple of series along with the virtual first down line.

Sorry All I know is that Argos are going to need more points to win this game. Probably 10 more minimum, I really think so, may need 2 tds
I can feel a heartbreaking Toronto loss if we dont. Sask will find Carter Deep, even if its very late when they go to 3 down football, Pig Pen will get a big run, we need to get Green and co deep

I hope to be wrong btw, am using reverse psychology

jerrym
11-19-2017, 03:22 PM
Of course, as soon as I comment on Bridge's poor performance and the possibility of putting Glenn back in, Bridge starts throwing bullets for completions. However, once again the Argo D comes through as Bridge makes an inexperienced mistake by not throwing the ball away and instead takes a big loss.

ARGOMAN
11-19-2017, 03:24 PM
A wasted down there running, we need a td drive, lets throw the ball

Argo
11-19-2017, 03:32 PM
Sorry All I know is that Argos are going to need more points to win this game. Probably 10 more minimum, I really think so, may need 2 tds
I can feel a heartbreaking Toronto loss if we dont. Sask will find Carter Deep, even if its very late when they go to 3 down football, Pig Pen will get a big run, we need to get Green and co deep

I hope to be wrong btw, am using reverse psychology

Assuming the Argos (' DEFENCE) manages to win this game, this team won't be competitive in the GC with such substandard play from the offence. The kicking game featuring short punts, etc., doesn't impress either.

ARGOMAN
11-19-2017, 03:35 PM
I warned this hope I am wrong

jerrym
11-19-2017, 03:37 PM
How the Argo offence respond after the Carter TD could be critical to who wins this game.

ARGOMAN
11-19-2017, 03:38 PM
what a stupid play call on first down should have been pass. If Argos lose they really deserve it, Marc Trestman has to take blame for terrible play calling

jerrym
11-19-2017, 03:53 PM
Allowing the Riders to hang around all game long, has led to a loss of the lead with less than three minutes to go.

jerrym
11-19-2017, 04:07 PM
Fajardo TD thanks to Ray's masterful march downfield! Now they just have to hold. No long kickoffs please!

jerrym
11-19-2017, 04:10 PM
Owusu-Ansah ends the threat.

ARGOMAN
11-19-2017, 04:11 PM
PRAISE JESUS... Yes I asked for intervention, was a miracle YEAH YEAH.... had Argos lost The West Final would not have been enjoyable...

Argo
11-19-2017, 04:16 PM
A great drive, kickstarted by a fine return. Congratulations.

However, one drive all game by the offence won't cut it in the Grey Cup. Still, better to be in the game than not.

I'm sure the self-induced suspense played havoc with the brain chemistry of Argos fans in the stadium.

jerrym
11-19-2017, 04:28 PM
Hard to believe that Bridge's TD toss was the first by a Canadian in the playoffs since Russ Jackson in 1969. It took him a while to get warmed up, but he showed that although inexperienced he can become a top starter in the league with development. As I've said before, if the Riders are nuts enough not to resign him before free agency, the Argos should go after him and develop him behind Ray for a year. However, many other teams will also be pursuing him also.

R.J
11-19-2017, 04:29 PM
We're going to the Cup!

And I lost my voice, good times.

Argo
11-19-2017, 04:35 PM
I agree, if Bridge is available go after him (again... Popp).

Meanwhile, onward to the Grey Cup.

jerrym
11-19-2017, 04:46 PM
Rider and Rod Pedersen paranoia runs deep.
http://3downnation.com/2017/11/19/riders-radio-play-by-play-man-starts-conspiracy-theory-preference-is-to-have-toronto-in-grey-cup/

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It&#39;s clear the preference is to have Toronto in the Grey Cup</p>&mdash; Rod Pedersen (@rodpedersen) <a href="https://twitter.com/rodpedersen/status/932327374921666560?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 19, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" title="Twitter analytics iframe" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe>

Topshelf
11-19-2017, 04:50 PM
Riders lost when they started Glenn
bridge starts we lose. That's classic football politics of having to stick with the veteran qb.
Wasn't any horrid officiating (and Im the first to call out a cfl conspiracy).
We need edmonton. We don't look good enough to beat the stamps,

jerrym
11-19-2017, 04:52 PM
The attendance was 24,929, a great improvement over the regular season.

smokeslet'sgo
11-19-2017, 04:54 PM
http://3downnation.com/2017/11/19/riders-radio-play-by-play-man-starts-conspiracy-theory-preference-is-to-have-toronto-in-grey-cup/

<twitterwidget class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; transform: rotate(0deg); max-width: 100%; width: 500px; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" data-tweet-id="932327374921666560"></twitterwidget> <script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" title="Twitter analytics iframe" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe>

Oh for Pete's sake, every time the Argos win it's a conspiracy with these people. To me it just makes our victories so much sweeter since the rest of the league hates us.<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe"></iframe>

Jon Gonzo
11-19-2017, 05:13 PM
I am thinking 21,000 watch the Argos win by 24-21; an Edmonton-Argo Grey Cup (Ray vs. Reilly. A Battle of the MOP's).

"Karnac the (almost) Magnificent"

Enjoy the win everyone. I thought when Christion Jones scored on the return, that it was a blessing in disguise. It left just about the right amount of time on the board for Ricky to get it done. And, he did.

gilthethrill
11-19-2017, 05:15 PM
Well, Thigpen was held in check, Duron (NFL better be watching me) Carter and most of the Rider offence was just no match for a staunch Argo Defence. Ray came through when he had to. Refs called a good game.

Toronto Conspiracy Theories are getting predictable.

larz-7
11-19-2017, 05:31 PM
very happy we won today.

Golden Fleece
11-19-2017, 05:39 PM
Great game, great atmosphere, great result. Best part might have been the loud Argoooos chant in the go station waiting for the train.

jerrym
11-19-2017, 06:19 PM
With almost 25,000 in attendance cheering rabidly for the Argos and a dramatic winning finish, this could be a great opportunity to build the fan base for next year if sales and marketing can keep some focus on the Argos in the tough media market during the off-season.

OV Argo
11-19-2017, 06:19 PM
Nice win; and not meaning to be negative, but that was not Championship calibre football, with wayyy too many mistakes; fumble by Coombs; fumble by Edwards on a punt return (got away with it though); missed make-able FG; dropped pass by Posey on what should have been a big gainer; allowing a punt return TD to let the Riders take the lead; and the offence was too wimpy - with not enough guts to throw the ball well down field (and the times they did were the big plays on offence - TD to Posey; and throws to Wilder & Edwards on that TD winning drive; the check-down $hite resulted in receivers getting creamed or 2 and outs or an INT to Jefferson (that's twice now by Ray lately to a DE (Okpo)).

However - very strong effort by the D for the most part - and the old saying is defence wins Championships. Lots of pressure on Glenn, resulting in sacks & picks. Special thanks to ego-Jones for starting good ole mediocre Kevin Glenn and leaving him in to throw 3 picks; Bridge starts this game and I bet the Riders could have won.

18-3 at the half and I thought the Argos could have easily put up 10 more points at least while continuing to shut-down the Rider offence = which could have led to my predicted 3 TD margin of victory. Pi$$ me-off :o)

Less mistakes and the GC is there for the taking IMO - against either the Stumps or Esks - both good teams; in what should be a close GC game; this East Final should just not have been that close; See ya cry-baby Rider fans. ;o)

ARRRRRRRRRRRGOOOOs !!!!

timlb01
11-19-2017, 06:40 PM
Just booked my hotel and tickets off of StubHub!!!!!! See you all there!!!!!!! AAAARRRRRGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS!!!!!

ArgoGabe22
11-19-2017, 06:41 PM
I was super confident that the Argos had this one at the half but will admit once Bridge starting releasing the ball quickly and going for runs, I started having a deju-vu of how it ended last time. Thank god, the defence was held in check and Ray came in clutch with 2 minutes left.

Looked like Ball and Woods weren't on the field together much.

timlb01
11-19-2017, 06:47 PM
Where there any injuries to be concerned about? I did not notice anything significant.

Also what happened when Chad Owens was hurt and did not have to come off the field and they scored the TD???? What the heck happened there? Argo bench did not even protest or get upset.

ArgoGabe22
11-19-2017, 07:10 PM
Also what happened when Chad Owens was hurt and did not have to come off the field and they scored the TD???? What the heck happened there? Argo bench did not even protest or get upset.

Trestman doesn't roll like that. No time for complaining or making excuses.

Argo57
11-19-2017, 07:21 PM
Rider fans seemed sure that they would roll into town and steamroll the meek little Eastern opponent, guess that didn’t work out?
Fitting that Riders obnoxious asshole (Duron Carter) ended his teams chances with his ill advised forward lateral attempt to “sure handed” Bakari Grant........priceless!
Wonder if he is taking Rider nation out to the movies tonight?

Argo57
11-19-2017, 07:35 PM
Humility and class at it’s finest!

https://www.argonauts.ca/2017/11/19/trestman_nov-19/

LLB997
11-19-2017, 07:38 PM
Congrats Argos and more importantly Argofans.com. Been on this board for 6 years and am always in awe of the passion and knowledge of the membership here. Ive been through some personal turmoil the last few years and dont visit and post as much these days but its been very cool catching up with this board the last week and look forward to more this week leading up to the big game. You guys rule! best damn fans in sports period.

cheers
Lee

Wobbler
11-19-2017, 07:52 PM
Fun game! Our fair-to-good performance doesn't inspire confidence going into the GC game, but anything can happen! (And TBH, I can't imagine a scenario where I'd be confident going into the championship)

jerrym
11-19-2017, 07:55 PM
Nice win; and not meaning to be negative, but that was not Championship calibre football, with wayyy too many mistakes; fumble by Coombs; fumble by Edwards on a punt return (got away with it though); missed make-able FG; dropped pass by Posey on what should have been a big gainer; allowing a punt return TD to let the Riders take the lead; and the offence was too wimpy - with not enough guts to throw the ball well down field (and the times they did were the big plays on offence - TD to Posey; and throws to Wilder & Edwards on that TD winning drive; the check-down $hite resulted in receivers getting creamed or 2 and outs or an INT to Jefferson (that's twice now by Ray lately to a DE (Okpo)).

However - very strong effort by the D for the most part - and the old saying is defence wins Championships. Lots of pressure on Glenn, resulting in sacks & picks. Special thanks to ego-Jones for starting good ole mediocre Kevin Glenn and leaving him in to throw 3 picks; Bridge starts this game and I bet the Riders could have won.

18-3 at the half and I thought the Argos could have easily put up 10 more points at least while continuing to shut-down the Rider offence = which could have led to my predicted 3 TD margin of victory. Pi$$ me-off :o)

Less mistakes and the GC is there for the taking IMO - against either the Stumps or Esks - both good teams; in what should be a close GC game; this East Final should just not have been that close; See ya cry-baby Rider fans. ;o)

ARRRRRRRRRRRGOOOOs !!!!

I agree the Argos did not play a great game overall other than the D, but the fans were boisterously in the game throughout and even helped cause a few Rider call mixups. The suspenseful comeback and win, when combined with good promotion heading into next year, hopefully will increase fan attendance significantly next year.

Argo57
11-19-2017, 08:08 PM
Congrats Argos and more importantly Argofans.com. Been on this board for 6 years and am always in awe of the passion and knowledge of the membership here. Ive been through some personal turmoil the last few years and dont visit and post as much these days but its been very cool catching up with this board the last week and look forward to more this week leading up to the big game. You guys rule! best damn fans in sports period.

cheers
Lee

Right back at you as well👍

RB957
11-19-2017, 08:12 PM
Well, Thigpen was held in check, Duron (NFL better be watching me) Carter and most of the Rider offence was just no match for a staunch Argo Defence. Ray came through when he had to. Refs called a good game.

Great game, great atmosphere, great result. Best part might have been the loud Argoooos chant in the go station waiting for the train.

Awesome game. Mistakes will happen, (our fumbles and dropped passes etc.) but give credit to Riders for shutting down our running backs for most of the game and for never giving up. Huge props to the defence for coming through big time. I agree that the punt return for a TD was actually a blessing because it gave us the chance to take it down and win..... and we did. That is what championship calibre teams do. They battle through adversity and come through when it is absolutely critical. So proud of this team. Can't wait to see them in the Grey Cup.

Argo57
11-19-2017, 08:17 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It's clear the preference is to have Toronto in the Grey Cup</p>&mdash; Rod Pedersen (@rodpedersen) <a href="https://twitter.com/rodpedersen/status/932327374921666560?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 19, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The best part is Ridernation figured they would waltz through the East to get to the Grey Cup, guess that’s why they actually play the games.
Argos win fair and square and all of the sudden it is the league pulling strings to get them to the Grey Cup?

PsoNumber9
11-19-2017, 08:31 PM
What a game at BMO tonight. So proud of all the Argos fans who made so much noise tonight, and helped propel the Boatmen to victory.
thoughts on the game:
Ricky Ray is clutch - that is all that needs to be said.
Pass rush was deadly in the first half.
Wilder made the big catch when it counted.

Overall, a good game, but I left feeling like we've got a better one in us for next Sunday. Need to be better to beat Calgary, but in Trestman we trust!

jerrym
11-19-2017, 08:47 PM
Despite his fumble, Coombs had a very good game catching 9 passes for 77 yards and often extending drives.

Wobbler
11-19-2017, 08:53 PM
The best part is Ridernation figured they would waltz through the East to get to the Grey Cup
Who cares what Saskatchewan fans thought? It's championship time!

Calgary made us look pretty bad this year, but we've improved since August.

"Issues"Mcgee
11-19-2017, 08:59 PM
Amazing game! Not the best display of football ever but a suspenseful game nonetheless. The D was on point and Ray once again shows he can get it done. Great crowd at the game, too. There was a strong presence of Rider fans but it was no doubt our house for the entire game.

I am not too worried about the team heading into the Grey Cup game, because a lot of mistakes the players made today just shouldn't happen. The big game is always a roll of the dice anyway.

Good to see a crowd of that size at BMO for the Argos. No one can argue that wasn't an intense pro football atmosphere. As others on this board have said, hopefully the organization can build on it moving forward. Whatever happens from now I am optimistic about the team overall going into next season.

Enjoy the win and the great crowd tonight, Argo fans! Remember this night! Your loyalty and dedication paid off! You deserve it.

RB957
11-19-2017, 09:00 PM

Great post!

Amazing game! Not the best display of football ever but a suspenseful game nonetheless. The D was on point and Ray once again shows he can get it done. Great crowd at the game, too. There was a strong presence of Rider fans but it was no doubt our house for the entire game.

I am not too worried about the team heading into the Grey Cup game, because a lot of mistakes the players made today just shouldn't happen. The big game is always a roll of the dice anyway.

Good to see a crowd of that size at BMO for the Argos. No one can argue that wasn't an intense pro football atmosphere. As others on this board have said, hopefully the organization can build on it moving forward. Whatever happens from now I am optimistic about the team overall going into next season.

Enjoy the win and the great crowd tonight, Argo fans! Remember this night! Your loyalty and dedication paid off! You deserve it.

"Issues"Mcgee
11-19-2017, 09:14 PM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/argos-earn-grey-cup-berth-east-final-victory/ Great article sums up what we are getting at.

Antwon
11-19-2017, 09:20 PM
Wow what a game! Sat on the east side for the first time...man the wind never let up.
Was losing hope as the offence didn't take advantage of the wind in the 3rd, but the D held and Ray came through in the end.
Rod Pedersen can suck an egg! There was a hold on the punt return for the riders that wasn't called. So forget the conspiracy.

And maybe the media should actually attend the game...good mix of fans. Not all 50 year old guys!!!
Tailgate was packed...lines were too long!!! lol

Joe Barnes
11-19-2017, 10:16 PM
My favourite moment of this game: A minute-ish to go. Argos on the Sask one yard line. Fajardo setting up under centre...and not one person in all of BMO Field was sitting. Fans in Double Blue, Green and White...no matter. Tension to cut with a knife...and the noise!

There is no better moment in all of sports. Happily for Toronto, it went our way. A gutsy victory. A victory steeped in character. And this moment may well be a transitional one for the Argos in Toronto. What a brilliant ending to an amazing day!

Aces
11-19-2017, 11:41 PM
Man - very cold in the second half - both due to wind chill and our offence. Thankfully, Ricky was calm in the 2 minute drive to move us down field. Was glad we were stopped inside 2 yard line and use 2 runs t9 run more time off the clock.

I too was nervous that we forced Glenn out of the game - initially (3rd quarter) we held Bridge under control.

Tau Ceti
11-19-2017, 11:45 PM
My moment of the game (and perhaps the entirety of my five years watching the team) was going for it on third-and-five. You've got a 42-yard kick into a difficult wind to tie it. My risk averse mind was saying go for that. But they didn't. They gambled and they converted. It was as good a moment of sport as I've ever had the pleasure to witness.

doubleblue
11-20-2017, 12:01 AM
Great come back by Ricky again, especially after the timely call of no end to negate Wilder's run.

Had to miss this game as was travelling down south, but finally got TSN 1150 working on my phone for most of the second half. Hoagie and JJ got excited like everybody else on that last drive. lol
Glad I've got the game recorded to watch.

R.J
11-20-2017, 12:17 AM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/argos-earn-grey-cup-berth-east-final-victory/ Great article sums up what we are getting at.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

AngeloV
11-20-2017, 12:35 AM
This game was an emotional roller coaster for me personally. When Jones returned the punt for a TD, I thought it was over and I just felt so down. Great composure from Ray and the entire offence on that last drive. No matter what happens next week, I seriously hope Ricky Ray never again gets bashed by anyone that calls themselves an Argos fan.

Defence was lights out IMO. Bridge was almost a hero again today, but truth be told, he had 1 big drive.

ArgoRavi
11-20-2017, 12:45 AM
This game was an emotional roller coaster for me personally. When Jones returned the punt for a TD, I thought it was over and I just felt so down. Great composure from Ray and the entire offence on that last drive. No matter what happens next week, I seriously hope Ricky Ray never again gets bashed by anyone that calls themselves an Argos fan.

Defence was lights out IMO. Bridge was almost a hero again today, but truth be told, he had 1 big drive.

AV, as usual, nails it here. It was amazing that the offence put it together for that final game-winning drive after not moving the ball after the first possession of the third quarter. When they started moving it on that final drive, I felt that they needed a TD to win rather than simply the game-tying FG, given how much trouble they had moving the ball for large chunks of this game. I didn't feel confident that they would win in OT so I was happy as hell that they scored the TD on that possession.

It may not have been the prettiest game but it was a gutsy effort and, as mentioned earlier in the thread, overcoming adversity is a must to become a championship team. The late game heroics today against a stiff wind when all looked to be lost was the mark of a championship team. I expect that the Argos will play very well next week in Ottawa.

Stevoman
11-20-2017, 01:50 AM
Such a great game by the defence and good enough by the offence. Both TD drives were set against the wind. They need to be better next week and I think they will. The Argos will be the underdog but you just never know. So proud of this team!

Will
11-20-2017, 07:44 AM
I too didn't like the Argos' prospects when Jones returned that punt. The Saskatchewan defence had been playing very well that entire 2nd half. But, Ricky Ray proved to capable to the task and voila the Argos are in the Grey Cup.

I would like to highlight the play of Shawn Lemon who had 3 QB sacks! What a great performance by the defence overall.

mchesher03
11-20-2017, 08:24 AM
Similar thoughts to others, that punt return was it I figured, I was down. I couldn’t believe they blew that big of a lead.

As much as I hate not holding the lead and coasting to victory, this type of conclusion is infinitely more exciting. I think that third down toss to wilder will rank up there as biggest plays of the season, I could barely watch.

Fun atmosphere too, kinda put to bed the whole “rider home game” narrative didn’t it??

gilthethrill
11-20-2017, 08:28 AM
Similar thoughts to others, that punt return was it I figured, I was down. I couldn’t believe they blew that big of a lead.

As much as I hate not holding the lead and coasting to victory, this type of conclusion is infinitely more exciting. I think that third down toss to wilder will rank up there as biggest plays of the season, I could barely watch.

Fun atmosphere too, kinda put to bed the whole “rider home game” narrative didn’t it??

I noticed on TV the stadium was loud when Ricky was calling plays....how many Rider fans were in attendance approximately?

Jon Gonzo
11-20-2017, 08:43 AM
I too didn't like the Argos' prospects when Jones returned that punt. The Saskatchewan defence had been playing very well that entire 2nd half. But, Ricky Ray proved to capable to the task and voila the Argos are in the Grey Cup.

I would like to highlight the play of Shawn Lemon who had 3 QB sacks! What a great performance by the defence overall.

I hear yah, but in hindsight it was a blessing in disguise. That put the ball back in Ricky's hands with the perfect amount of time on the clock. As god is my witness, I texted my brother 'a blessing in disguise. Lots of RR time.' (;

1971GreyCup
11-20-2017, 08:45 AM
I noticed on TV the stadium was loud when Ricky was calling plays....how many Rider fans were in attendance approximately?

I'd estimate 2,000 - 3,000 fans.

DoubleBlue_Red
11-20-2017, 08:56 AM
I'd say closer to 5000 SSK fans, they had the south half of the west side.

mchesher03
11-20-2017, 09:22 AM

what about when bridge/glenn were doing likewise? I thought it was roaring then.

Bleeds Double Blue
11-20-2017, 09:27 AM
What are the chances this photo is on the front page of the Hamilton Spectator today?

AngeloV
11-20-2017, 10:40 AM
I'd estimate 2,000 - 3,000 fans.

That's what I would say as well.

BATKINSON001
11-20-2017, 10:46 AM
What are the chances this photo is on the front page of the Hamilton Spectator today?

892attachment won't load.

Bleeds Double Blue
11-20-2017, 11:27 AM
Aw damn. Anyway it is the photo of Ricky Ray with tbe trophy.

gilthethrill
11-20-2017, 11:47 AM
Aw damn. Anyway it is the photo of Ricky Ray with tbe trophy.

Try again Sunday night when he is holding up the Cup.

Will
11-20-2017, 01:14 PM
I was speaking with my co-worker this morning. He is an Argo fan, but due to various extra-curricular activities he is unable to attend many games. However, his daughter, wife and son were at the game because the daughter was one of the junior dancers at halftime. He said that they had little or no knowledge about football, and for the first ten minutes or so felt like fish out of water. He said though that at around ten minutes into the game something clicked (he cited the atmosphere as a big factor) and they ended up having a really good time. He said that his son came home and asked his father if they could get season tickets for next year.

I hope that many others had similar experiences.

DoubleBlue_Red
11-20-2017, 02:35 PM
Yesterday was the best atmosphere I have seen at BMO field for any sport. I've attended quite a few TFC games over the years and I can say that it was louder than a full stadium for TFC, especially when the Argos were on D.

timlb01
11-20-2017, 02:51 PM
I was speaking with my co-worker this morning. He is an Argo fan, but due to various extra-curricular activities he is unable to attend many games. However, his daughter, wife and son were at the game because the daughter was one of the junior dancers at halftime. He said that they had little or no knowledge about football, and for the first ten minutes or so felt like fish out of water. He said though that at around ten minutes into the game something clicked (he cited the atmosphere as a big factor) and they ended up having a really good time. He said that his son came home and asked his father if they could get season tickets for next year.

I hope that many others had similar experiences.

Great story. I met two people that told me it was there first game. One guy was carrying a sign. It was great to see and what a great atmosphere.

R.J
11-20-2017, 02:56 PM
For anyone who wants to watch the game again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2DYjX9idOQ

Loved seeing Trestman's reaction on the Fajardo touchdown - I don't think I've ever seen him so amped.

paulwoods13
11-20-2017, 03:46 PM
Man, what a game and what a day. Oddly enough, my own experience seems to have been quite different from many of those on this board. I never felt cold (despite fighting a cough that has persisted for 11 days -- and I feel like absolute crap today) and I never felt we were not going to win. My first thought after Jones scored was "there's tons of time left for Ricky." The only time when my heart was in my throat was on the pass to Wilder, which seemed to be in the air for about five minutes. The absolute elation from that, and from the throw to Edwards, and the Fajardo keeper, and the Owusu-Ansah strip/recovery, was up there with just about anything I've ever felt at any sports event.

I tweeted yesterday morning that it felt like the 1982 Eastern Final, when a team that had been bad and disappointing for too long finally got the opportunity to go the Grey Cup. Instead, though, it ended up more like the 1983 Eastern Final, when it all came down to moments of intense drama -- and explosive joy -- at the very end.

And for those who think we can't win the Cup if we play like that against the Stamps, I offer this reminder: seven first downs. That's all we managed in the 1991 Grey Cup. Yet thanks to a superb (and underrated) defence, excellent work by our "backups" on special teams, and a courageous, clutch QB, we won that game, by 15 points.

gilthethrill
11-20-2017, 04:10 PM
Man, what a game and what a day. Oddly enough, my own experience seems to have been quite different from many of those on this board. I never felt cold (despite fighting a cough that has persisted for 11 days -- and I feel like absolute crap today) and I never felt we were not going to win. My first thought after Jones scored was "there's tons of time left for Ricky." The only time when my heart was in my throat was on the pass to Wilder, which seemed to be in the air for about five minutes. The absolute elation from that, and from the throw to Edwards, and the Fajardo keeper, and the Owusu-Ansah strip/recovery, was up there with just about anything I've ever felt at any sports event.

I tweeted yesterday morning that it felt like the 1982 Eastern Final, when a team that had been bad and disappointing for too long finally got the opportunity to go the Grey Cup. Instead, though, it ended up more like the 1983 Eastern Final, when it all came down to moments of intense drama -- and explosive joy -- at the very end.

And for those who think we can't win the Cup if we play like that against the Stamps, I offer this reminder: seven first downs. That's all we managed in the 1991 Grey Cup. Yet thanks to a superb (and underrated) defence, excellent work by our "backups" on special teams, and a courageous, clutch QB, we won that game, by 15 points.

So glad you did not break any glass at your house ala 1984 Eastern Final...:)

argolio
11-20-2017, 04:13 PM
Where there any injuries to be concerned about? I did not notice anything significant.

Also what happened when Chad Owens was hurt and did not have to come off the field and they scored the TD???? What the heck happened there? Argo bench did not even protest or get upset.Rider trainers didn't come to check on him as far as I could tell. I think it was commercial break, Owens was just lying down for a breather, and it was a premature P.A. announcement.

I suffered a minor injury, but I don't think any Argo player had anything beyond bumps and bruises.

People watching on TV don't realize how much the wind and wind gusts were playing havoc with both offences. Plus the Argos went into the wind in the long 2nd and 4th quarters. A few extra checkdowns and not abandoning the run despite limited production probably helped us in the end. If there were some extra clock stoppages, the Riders would have had more time left following the Fajardo TD.

In the end, cool-as-ice Ricky Ray overcame the trends of the first 57 minutes and produced the winning drive in crunch time. That's what great players do.

rdavies
11-20-2017, 04:18 PM
I never felt we were not going to win. My first thought after Jones scored was "there's tons of time left for Ricky."I thought the same, it was almost unfortunate for them that he ran it back. They had some MO going and Bridge could have killed the clock with a touchdown drive, they were in 3down territory.

argolio
11-20-2017, 04:26 PM
I thought the same, it was almost unfortunate for them that he ran it back. They had some MO going and Bridge could have killed the clock with a touchdown drive, they were in 3down territory.Special teams or defensive TDs that late in the game usually destroy the opponent's will. Makes this win even sweeter.

rdavies
11-20-2017, 04:59 PM
Special teams or defensive TDs that late in the game usually destroy the opponent's will. Makes this win even sweeter.Didn't bother me at all, there was too much time left and even with the wind a FG could have tied it.

rdavies
11-20-2017, 05:15 PM
Aw damn. Anyway it is the photo of Ricky Ray with tbe trophy.https://i.imgur.com/czY0ekY.png
Photo Johany Jutras

paulwoods13
11-20-2017, 05:15 PM
The one thing -- the only thing -- that worries me at the moment heading towards Sunday is our kicking game. Lirim has missed some makeable FGs of late, and has been inconsistent punting. The miss at the start of the third quarter gave Sask hope that might have otherwise been crushed had he made it. I hope he is ready to put his game together on Sunday.

Will
11-20-2017, 05:29 PM
The one thing -- the only thing -- that worries me at the moment heading towards Sunday is our kicking game. Lirim has missed some makeable FGs of late, and has been inconsistent punting. The miss at the start of the third quarter gave Sask hope that might have otherwise been crushed had he made it. I hope he is ready to put his game together on Sunday.

That wind wreaked havoc with the kicking game. The thing is as you rightly imply is that wind conditions may not be any better on Sunday.

jerrym
11-20-2017, 06:00 PM

I agree that Hajrullahu has been somewhat inconsistent in his FG attempts. However, I am also concerned about the offence to some extent. The Argos have had a poor record all year in the red zone. While Wilder has been phenomenal, teams have become to key on him, as the Riders did and I expect the Stampeders will do also. The offence cannot afford to be stop and go against Calgary, as it was against the Riders and often other teams during the regular season, because the Stampeders' ST are likely to give them good field position repeatedly under those circumstances. While I would rate Martese and the rest of our ST as only slightly below Calgary's, it and our defence cannot be expected to be repeatedly placed in poor positions because of the offence stalling and still stop Calgary. Ray, Wilder and the receivers need to be top form throughout most of the game, in order to avoid having to hope that we can turn it around in the last minutes against the league's best defence.

Argo
11-20-2017, 07:52 PM
Man - very cold in the second half - both due to wind chill and our offence. Thankfully, Ricky was calm in the 2 minute drive to move us down field. Was glad we were stopped inside 2 yard line and use 2 runs t9 run more time off the clock.

I too was nervous that we forced Glenn out of the game - initially (3rd quarter) we held Bridge under control.

That last drive, 3rd down, pass that Ray just [I]dropped in to Wilder was one of the nicest throws that I've seen in many years of watching football.

Argo
11-20-2017, 07:59 PM
I agree that Hajrullahu has been somewhat inconsistent in his FG attempts. However, I am also concerned about the offence to some extent. The Argos have had a poor record all year in the red zone. While Wilder has been phenomenal, teams have become to key on him, as the Riders did and I expect the Stampeders will do also. The offence cannot afford to be stop and go against Calgary, as it was against the Riders and often other teams during the regular season, because the Stampeders' ST are likely to give them good field position repeatedly under those circumstances. While I would rate Martese and the rest of our ST as only slightly below Calgary's, it and our defence cannot be expected to be repeatedly placed in poor positions because of the offence stalling and still stop Calgary. Ray, Wilder and the receivers need to be top form throughout most of the game, in order to avoid having to hope that we can turn it around in the last minutes against the league's best defence.

Yes, the kicking game is definitely a concern, the short fields that LH serves up not least.

And, like you, I am concerned about the offence. Note that the Riders' D also effectively shut down SJG.

I think that if the Argos' offence cannot score 24 points, at the minimum, the team will be in very tough.

In the 2012 GC matchup, the Argos' offence DID perform (BETTER than expected).

Argo
11-20-2017, 08:04 PM
That wind wreaked havoc with the kicking game. The thing is as you rightly imply is that wind conditions may not be any better on Sunday.

I was following the game by "box score", the Riders board GDT, and the highlight reel; haven't watched it yet, so I don't want to be overly critical of LH. It was windy, but the feeling of concern that I had seems to be shared by at least some others.

ArgoZ
11-20-2017, 08:07 PM
Yesterday was the best atmosphere I have seen at BMO field for any sport. I've attended quite a few TFC games over the years and I can say that it was louder than a full stadium for TFC, especially when the Argos were on D.

That's because too many people are on their phones during the soccer game. As a soccer fan, I know the game can be extremely boring if your not into the sport. If it wasn't for the great atmosphere created by the supporters, A TFC game wouldn't be as popular as it is.

As for the game, I agree. The crowd is contagious. I have never yelled so much at a game. Every time the D came on, it was something to look forward to! It was an awesome experience for any long time Argos fan used to the silent Dome.

RB957
11-20-2017, 08:31 PM

Is it possible that Lirim has a nagging injury? One that is not serious enough to have him placed on injured list but enough that it is affecting his consistency? Having Ron Pfeffer on the PR provided an option for the kicking game, but obviously not enough of one to risk the switch. With one game remaining, I am hopeful that Lirim will get it all together.

RB957
11-20-2017, 08:35 PM
As for the game, I agree. The crowd is contagious. I have never yelled so much at a game. Every time the D came on, it was something to look forward to! It was an awesome experience for any long time Argos fan used to the silent Dome.

The crowd at Sunday's game was awesome. Especially when, unsolicited, chants of "Lets go Argos" started ringing out and people from all over joined in. Also, when the PA system died during the singing of the anthem and the crowd picked it up was amazing.

rdavies
11-20-2017, 10:55 PM
Also, when the PA system died during the singing of the anthem and the crowd picked it up was amazing.Yes, funny no one has talked about that. Poor old Dwayne Gretzky missed their big break, had to feel sorry for them. You didn't even see them but you could hear them talking, one of them said their mic was hot (on) and then the crowd dutifully took over.

ArgoGabe22
11-20-2017, 11:04 PM
Also, when the PA system died during the singing of the anthem and the crowd picked it up was amazing.

So that's what happened. I didn't realize the speakers were down until the coin toss and thought they wanted the anthem sung by the fans and it failed.

Rich
11-21-2017, 12:34 AM
The only time when my heart was in my throat was on the pass to Wilder, which seemed to be in the air for about five minutes.

This play happened right in front of where I sat, and it was like a slo-mo sequence in a football movie. Everything went silent, and i swear I counted down the seconds 4... 3 ... 2 ... 1 watching the ball fall down into his hands. It wasn't an easy catch. The defender came within inches of batting it away.

In my book this goes down as one of the greatest plays in Argonaut history. I know I will never forget it.

jerrym
11-21-2017, 01:39 AM
This play happened right in front of where I sat, and it was like a slo-mo sequence in a football movie. Everything went silent, and i swear I counted down the seconds 4... 3 ... 2 ... 1 watching the ball fall down into his hands. It wasn't an easy catch. The defender came within inches of batting it away.

In my book this goes down as one of the greatest plays in Argonaut history. I know I will never forget it.

The ball was poorly thrown but the Argos benefited from the fact that they hadn't sent Wilder downfield the whole game on a pass route so when he did go on this play the Tiger Cat DB was caught off guard, thereby allowing Wilder to get some separation and even catch the ball on a slow motion pass.

jerrym
11-21-2017, 02:01 AM
Brandon Bridge's instagram message to Shawn Lemon helped motivate him - not a wise move considering the results. Despite this, Lemon acknowledged Bridge is a fast-rising star.

During the run up to Sunday’s CFL East final, Saskatchewan Roughrider quarterback Brandon Bridge decided to send a private Instagram message to Argonauts defensive end Shawn Lemon, a guy he barely knows. It was two words long but that was enough: “Stay woke.”
Lemon responded with three sacks, including a devastating hit on Bridge, in Toronto’s 25-21 win over the Riders, one that punched the Argos’ ticket to the Grey Cup in Ottawa.
“For him to step into playoff territory he’s just a young kid and he doesn’t know much about it. It rubbed me the wrong way and I wanted to hit him, ” Lemon said afterward. “I wanted to make sure he was woke as well.” ...

The Argos finished with four sacks and 11 quarterback pressures with Lemon’s bookend, all-star Victor Butler, leading the way with five.
“We wanted to get pressure on both quarterbacks – everybody’s got a plan until they get hit, ” Lemon said. “It definitely bothered Glenn. He’s a great quarterback but nobody likes to get hit, especially when it’s cold.” ...

“Bridge brings a different threat, he’s a younger guy, scrambles a little more than you want him too, ” Lemon said. “He’s definitely a premier quarterback in this league and he’ll be a starter next year.”

http://3downnation.com/2017/11/20/lemon-uses-bridges-message-fuel-argos-win-riders/

Argo57
11-21-2017, 07:21 AM
Brandon Bridge's instagram message to Shawn Lemon helped motivate him - not a wise move considering the results. Despite this, Lemon acknowledged Bridge is a fast-rising star.

http://3downnation.com/2017/11/20/lemon-uses-bridges-message-fuel-argos-win-riders/

One thing Bridge needs to learn is to keep his pie hole shut, probably hanging around Duron too long.

Antwon
11-21-2017, 10:29 AM

Haha...same here held my breath. Then looked at the guy beside me and said it hung up there for ever!!!!
I don't think it was poorly thrown. Just like the TD pass, it seems Ray and the receivers have really synced the second half of the season.

Antwon
11-21-2017, 10:33 AM
One thing Bridge needs to learn is to keep his pie hole shut, probably hanging around Duron too long.

I'm kind of in the Bridge in double blue camp. But the message to Lemon was not wise. Maybe he'll learn.
Also coming out after the game that they're negotiating an extension with Sask. Smart move?? Timing seems a bit "Me First". Also sends a message to other teams if he's not signed an extension in the next month or so he's probably hitting the free agent market.

paulwoods13
11-21-2017, 10:40 AM
Haha...same here held my breath. Then looked at the guy beside me and said it hung up there for ever!!!!
I don't think it was poorly thrown. Just like the TD pass, it seems Ray and the receivers have really synced the second half of the season.

I agree -- not a badly thrown ball, at all. Wilder was able to catch it in a smooth motion. It had touch on it. The length of time it seemed to take was magnified by the life-or-death circumstances.

AngeloV
11-21-2017, 12:12 PM
I agree -- not a badly thrown ball, at all. Wilder was able to catch it in a smooth motion. It had touch on it. The length of time it seemed to take was magnified by the life-or-death circumstances.

Agreed. Not an easy throw in winds gusting from 35-60 km/h. It was a great call and great execution.

R.J
11-21-2017, 02:45 PM
So, after a lot of thinking and reflection during this season, I have to admit that I was wrong about Ray.

While I still feel that Ray's injury history was, and still is a legitimate concern, and that losing Harris and Collaros was and could still end up being a problem as Ray can't play forever. And who knows what Fajardo, Bethel Thompson, and Prukop can end up being, but Ricky has been nothing but pure class and a leader for this organization. The class he has shown is a very important piece to all this IMO, Ray's acknowledgement that he's had injury issues, which then directly affected the team, along with his excepting of a performance based deal, just goes to show the type of person Ray is, IMO that just as important as what he does on the field, and he deserved better than some of what I had been saying for quite some time.

While I still have very big concerns about the future, win or lose Ray is the type of guy we need around this team, whether as a starter, back-up, locker guy, etc. Now let's go beat the Stamps!

Wobbler
11-21-2017, 03:13 PM
Nicely said. We can worry about next year next week!

AngeloV
11-21-2017, 04:26 PM
So, after a lot of thinking and reflection during this season, I have to admit that I was wrong about Ray.

While I still feel that Ray's injury history was, and still is a legitimate concern, and that losing Harris and Collaros was and could still end up being a problem as Ray can't play forever. And who knows what Fajardo, Bethel Thompson, and Prukop can end up being, but Ricky has been nothing but pure class and a leader for this organization. The class he has shown is a very important piece to all this IMO, Ray's acknowledgement that he's had injury issues, which then directly affected the team, along with his excepting of a performance based deal, just goes to show the type of person Ray is, IMO that just as important as what he does on the field, and he deserved better than some of what I had been saying for quite some time.

While I still have very big concerns about the future, win or lose Ray is the type of guy we need around this team, whether as a starter, back-up, locker guy, etc. Now let's go beat the Stamps!

Very cool to see you post this. This season specifically should have taught us all, this is a league where you have to play for the now, and not the future. Funny thing is that both Collaros and Harris may be available for the Argos should Ray decide to call it a great career. Either would be a very smooth transition, as both have pretty much excelled in the current system the Argos run.

Golden Fleece
11-21-2017, 09:56 PM
I just finished rewatching the game recording on TSN. It's remarkable that the 3rd and 5 pass was in the air for no more than 2 seconds. Watching it live it felt like it was hanging up there forever. It seemed like the ball was wobbling but the replay showed it was barely perceptible. The other interesting thing was that Carter was the deep player behind Winston. Makes me wonder if a more experienced DB might have arrived sooner to help. All in all, one of the most memorable plays I've ever witnessed at a live sporting event. Way more impressive in person than on TV. Up close, I could see how hard Winston was squeezing that ball when he caught it. No one was going to rip that one out. Not many running backs make that play. On to Ottawa now.

Argofan_1000
11-22-2017, 06:02 PM
when do we start a Calgary TO thread?

Wobbler
11-22-2017, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I was slow on this one. Going up right now!

7dj83r8f78t4alf8