PDA

View Full Version : MLSE, We Want Better Merch!

dmont
12-18-2017, 04:03 PM
Dear MLSE,

If someone at your organization reads this message board, I hope you will give serious consideration to the following request:

PLEASE supply better Argonauts merch next year!

If you’ve ever scanned through the “Argos Merchandise” thread, you’ve noticed that Argo fans, in the pursuit of merch, have been reduced to raiding the bargain bins at regional Walmarts, Sportchek, and Giant Tigers to try and find something to wear and represent our team. This would be unacceptable for Maple Leafs, Raptors, or TFC fans, and I hope you will now consider this unacceptable for Argonauts fans as well.

I understand that the Argos haven’t (yet) reached the profile of the other MLSE teams in the city, so we’re not expecting a super massive presence in every store. But please, at least make quality merch available to us online. Every other CFL team has a wider selection of Adidas merch available to fans than the Argos do. Many of the offerings available through ArgoShop.ca are generic products with some Argo text slapped on it. Mustang Drinkware (the store operators) in St. Thomas, Ontario have done an adequate job under the circumstances, but now the circumstances have changed. The current ArgoShop.ca is unbefitting an MLSE franchise, and I hope you will consider a major overhaul.

Finally, a humble request from a dedicated fan in the male 18 to 54 demographic: greatly improve the merch designed for young women. [Caution:the following statement is made in general terms, obviously doesn’t apply to allyoung women, especially the ones who are already fine upstanding fans of the Argonauts]As the Blue Jays have established over the last few years, you can get young women (even those who aren’t really into the sport) to come to a game if they have something cute to wear for all the selfies. Not only would this enhance the appeal of gameday for young women, but it would help your male fans convince their wives and girlfriends to spend a day at the stadium, and overall improve the tailgate and gameday experience. For the cost of a few designs and merch offerings, this could all be yours!

In closing; please oh please oh please improve the team merchandise available to Argonauts fans. The more/better you make available, the more we’ll buy. The more we buy, the more we’ll wear in public. The more we wear in public, the greater the profile the team will have in the city. The greater the profile, the better the attendance, TV ratings, and sponsorship.The revenue follows. Help us help you!

Sincerely,

Dmont the Argo fan.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8