R.J
02-02-2018, 03:00 PM
https://www.tsn.ca/ray-signs-one-year-deal-to-return-to-argonauts-1.986858

Wobbler
02-02-2018, 03:11 PM
Hoo-Ray!

Argobouncer
02-02-2018, 03:13 PM
Great news! Things have sure turned around for this franchise - Ricky Ray has been a big part of that, glad to see it will continue.

I look forward to an excellent team this year & better stadium turnout than the past 2 years with MLS & Rogers on board full time.

1971GreyCup
02-02-2018, 03:21 PM
I was sure Ricky was watching Tom Brady playing at the highest level at 40 and would conclude there's lots of fuel left in his tank! Outstanding!

Scooter McCray
02-02-2018, 03:31 PM
Great news. Great depth at QB position for the present and the future. Now that Popp knows how much money he has, he can begin to lock up other priority free agents with 10 days left. Hopefully some of those players will want to continue what they started in 2017 and want to stay in a good situation.

I hope they can bring James Wilder back as well. Sweeten his deal if possible. He is important to their offensive strategy and he knows and is comfortable in the system. It would be nice to see MLSE spend over the cap and take the penalty to put the best team on the field to really drive a strong marketing campaign and rejuvenate interest. Consider it a cost of doing business in Toronto.

jerrym
02-02-2018, 03:39 PM
Ray made my day!

ArgofanIan
02-02-2018, 03:45 PM
This is great News .... ARRRRRRGOOOOSSSS !!!!!!

Mightygoose
02-02-2018, 04:00 PM
Great news! I can't recall when are QB situation looked this solid heading into the next season.

Neely2005
02-02-2018, 04:43 PM
Great news!

1971GreyCup
02-02-2018, 05:49 PM
I'm sure Jim Popp will make sure James Wilder know Ricky's coming back. A call from Coach Trestman telling James to "trust the process!"

Argos, why don't you bring Ricky Ray up for the Fan Town Hall? Sell some season tickets and start the 2018 momentum.

Joe Barnes
02-02-2018, 06:11 PM
Very happy about this news! Our version of the Wilkinson/Moon combo in Edmonton all those years ago...

ArgoZ
02-02-2018, 07:12 PM
"Are you Ricky Ray? Who wants to know?
Are you Slim Ray?
Are you Paid Ray?
Who wants to know? Who wants to know?"

https://youtu.be/JqnO40AGRSc

Argo57
02-02-2018, 08:35 PM
I thought he may retire, a pleasant surprise to have Ray return!

smokeslet'sgo
02-03-2018, 12:45 AM
Great news. Great depth at QB position for the present and the future. Now that Popp knows how much money he has, he can begin to lock up other priority free agents with 10 days left. Hopefully some of those players will want to continue what they started in 2017 and want to stay in a good situation.

I hope they can bring James Wilder back as well. Sweeten his deal if possible. He is important to their offensive strategy and he knows and is comfortable in the system. It would be nice to see MLSE spend over the cap and take the penalty to put the best team on the field to really drive a strong marketing campaign and rejuvenate interest. Consider it a cost of doing business in Toronto.

Part of me is saying let's not be "that team" that cheats and buys championships, but the other part of me is saying screw it, win all the championships (and bonus for Hamilton hating us even more)

Stevoman
02-03-2018, 02:08 AM
Good news. I hope for Ray to lead the way with Franklin still getting plenty of opportunity to play and develop.

matchuk
02-03-2018, 04:32 AM
amazing news on another cold wintery day

paulwoods13
02-03-2018, 07:18 AM
Isn't the penalty for exceeding the cap by more than $100,000 a loss of draft choice(s)? IMO doing so would be short-sighted and would be unlikely to pay off in a huge jump in attendance.

Jon Gonzo
02-03-2018, 08:56 AM

Interesting to note; Ricky left money on the table to keep the quality around him...up.

Pretty easy to notice how much easier a time of it Mr. Ray had after the arrival of Jonathan Himebauch and the insertion of one James Wilder Jr.

Polar opposites really.

One way, if left to play out, probably equaled crutches or a hospital bed. The latter formula equaled a Grey Cup.

There may be an opportunity here for one more season with JWJ. I agreed with some earlier comments on the tone of those comments. I think James sounds more matter-of-fact and kind of hopeful. He has bent over backwards to try and explain himself and he was indeed a humble servant in his first season. Other than the timing of the messages, I too draw little similarity between what he and Victor Butler said.

I have really gone back and forth on this issue. The commish (as always) has made some solid points; this is a humble, quality, working mans' league.

We have to enforce deals moving forward, but there may be opportunity here.

I hope we can find a way with JWJ as I think he would come back to TOR with an earnest, honest effort. And I think Ricky can win with him.

Victor Butler? I am past that. Tuggle and Davis are the next men up. Bring another couple of guys in to challenge them in the spring, and move along. I think Tuggle has all-star potential.

As for going over the cap? No, don't do that. That's trouble.

1971GreyCup
02-03-2018, 08:56 AM
With MLSE onboard, Calgary Flames and soon Vancouver Canucks, plus a massively profitable Riders team, watch for a move towards a more generous salary cap, or franchise player(S) tag. Cost savings owners like Brailey out. Balance of power shifting of CFL Board of Governors. Professionally run owners in.

Professionally run franchisees are excellent capital allocators. They know that spending more could actually cost them less. Plus add economies of scale and the CFL teams could make money and actually become a return on their investment!

Bell Media/Larry Taunebaun and now MLSE didn't outlay $20 million without a plan.

paulwoods13
02-03-2018, 09:47 AM
With MLSE onboard, Calgary Flames and soon Vancouver Canucks, plus a massively profitable Riders team, watch for a move towards a more generous salary cap, or franchise player(S) tag.

I disagree this will happen -- at least not without a work stoppage. The owners are in it to make money, not to give it away. I doubt the players will be united enough to force a much more generous CBA -- too many factions (vets/rookies/future players, NATs/INTs, high-paid/low-paid). There has been lots of infighting among players on Twitter this off-season. We all want players to make more money and stay in the CFL, but if they get a significantly larger piece of the pie, we will pay through higher ticket prices.

Jon Gonzo
02-03-2018, 10:06 AM
With MLSE onboard, Calgary Flames and soon Vancouver Canucks, plus a massively profitable Riders team, watch for a move towards a more generous salary cap, or franchise player(S) tag. Cost savings owners like Brailey out. Balance of power shifting of CFL Board of Governors. Professionally run owners in.

Professionally run franchisees are excellent capital allocators. They know that spending more could actually cost them less. Plus add economies of scale and the CFL teams could make money and actually become a return on their investment!

Bell Media/Larry Taunebaun and now MLSE didn't outlay $20 million without a plan.

I agree and think there is a new positive economy in the CFL indeed. No one should dismiss the presence of MLSE (and their media/TV influencers) and the very strong presence with Commissioner Randy Ambrosie, who seemingly can do no wrong.

They can be and should be helping lead the CFL into a new era.

This is an important negotiation and won't be without challenges, but IMHO, I see this as a watershed CBA for both sides. I am confident that new lucrative TV arrangements will ultimately bring the players improvements in player safety, work environs and remuneration.

I see opportunity for improvements in our game.

1971GreyCup
02-03-2018, 12:11 PM
I disagree this will happen -- at least not without a work stoppage. The owners are in it to make money, not to give it away. I doubt the players will be united enough to force a much more generous CBA -- too many factions (vets/rookies/future players, NATs/INTs, high-paid/low-paid). There has been lots of infighting among players on Twitter this off-season. We all want players to make more money and stay in the CFL, but if they get a significantly larger piece of the pie, we will pay through higher ticket prices.

Business success is often counterintuitive. I doubt very much the CBA would stand in the way of pay increases.

Union Pearson Express is a perfect example. Introduced at high prices, and they lost a ton of money. Cut prices significantly and bingo, making money.

paulwoods13
02-03-2018, 12:16 PM
Business success is often counterintuitive. I doubt very much the CBA would stand in the way of pay increases.

Union Pearson Express is a perfect example. Introduced at high pricing they were losing a ton of money. Cut prices significantly and bingo, making money.

Public transit ticket prices do not have anything to do with labour relations (altho if UP Express is "making money," someone must be cooking the books or not accounting for a hell of a lot of investment and infrastructure).

Regardless, you can take this to the bank: there will be no pay increases without a new CBA. That's how labour law works. The league is legally required to negotiate with the bargaining unit for the players, which is the CFLPA. It cannot change the terms of the CBA unilaterally. The pay scale is part of the CBA. Hence if there are to be increases to that pay scale (and I believe there will be, but not nearly on the level some wishful-thinking fans want), they will be negotiated with the CFLPA as part of the next CBA. There is no other way for it to happen, short of the union being decertified first.

1971GreyCup
02-03-2018, 12:49 PM
Public transit ticket prices do not have anything to do with labour relations (altho if UP Express is "making money," someone must be cooking the books or not accounting for a hell of a lot of investment and infrastructure).

Regardless, you can take this to the bank: there will be no pay increases without a new CBA. That's how labour law works. The league is legally required to negotiate with the bargaining unit for the players, which is the CFLPA. It cannot change the terms of the CBA unilaterally. The pay scale is part of the CBA. Hence if there are to be increases to that pay scale (and I believe there will be, but not nearly on the level some wishful-thinking fans want), they will be negotiated with the CFLPA as part of the next CBA. There is no other way for it to happen, short of the union being decertified first.

Paul, thanks for the Finance 101 lesson. It's been decades since I took it.

It's unlikely that I'll take your advice to the bank anytime soon. Conjecture, while interesting, has proven rather unpredictable on this site for years.

I come here for timely CFL information, not guidance.

argolio
02-03-2018, 01:07 PM
Excellent news! We have as much or more QB talent and flexibility than any team in the league. I wouldn't be surprised to see both Ray and Franklin lead us to multiple wins this season.

As far as this talk of the possibility of the cap going up significantly, it's not possible without a huge increase in TV rights fees. Without that, where exactly is the money coming from?

Union Pearson Express is a perfect example. Introduced at high prices, and they lost a ton of money. Cut prices significantly and bingo, making money.UPE isn't making money. It's just losing less since they cut prices.

1971GreyCup
02-03-2018, 01:23 PM
Excellent news! We have as much or more QB talent and flexibility than any team in the league. I wouldn't be surprised to see both Ray and Franklin lead us to multiple wins this season.

As far as this talk of the possibility of the cap going up significantly, it's not possible without a huge increase in TV rights fees. Without that, where exactly is the money coming from?

UPE isn't making money. It's just losing less since they cut prices.

That's a question for President Bill Manning. How do they fund the 2 big TFC contracts with a significant TV deal?

AngeloV
02-03-2018, 01:27 PM
That's a question for President Bill Manning. How do they fund the 2 big TFC contracts with a significant TV deal?

Simple answer? It's allowed in that league. The CFL still has to OK every single player contract that is signed before it becomes official. The league will not allow those types of contracts, therefore they will not happen.

Jon Gonzo
02-03-2018, 01:33 PM

It's unlikely that I'll take your advice to the bank anytime soon. Conjecture, while interesting, has proven rather unpredictable on this site for years.

I come here for timely CFL information, not guidance.

Well, it is uncanny how often the experts are wrong. I see no reason to assume the worst at this time.

I'll take this off season over last -- any day, and twice on any given Sunday.

Don't see the sky falling here. Not yet anyway.

1971GreyCup
02-03-2018, 03:48 PM
Pretty sure the CFL brought in a new Commissioner and new ownership so that the status quo changes. Then again, we can stick with "the same/old same old" and hope for for the best, right AngeloV?

AngeloV
02-03-2018, 03:54 PM
Pretty sure the CFL brought in a new Commissioner and new ownership so that the status quo changes. Then again, we can stick with "the same/old same old" and hope for for the best, right AngeloV?

Sure, go back to the overspending from the early 90's and see the league almost fold again. I'd love to see guys in the league make more money, but to think they can pay millions to designated players is just not living in reality. But, I'll leave the banking knowledge to you.

1971GreyCup
02-03-2018, 04:28 PM
Very progressive.

You're dealing with professional sports ownership now. The 90s were an aberration.

Randy Ambrosie was brought in to try new, modern approaches. His job is to increase business value, fan experience and in doing so could bring CFL wages into the modern era.

New ownership across the league should bring the CFL more In line with their other franchise businesses. I see MLSE and Toronto very important now. Higher wages should follow.

OV Argo
02-03-2018, 06:14 PM
Ricky is coming back to win his 5th GC - which i think would be the most all-time for QB of record in the big game?

Damon Allen had 4 (2 with the Esks + BC + Argos).

The (IMO) all-time big 3 of CFL QBs - Jackson, Moon & Flutie - all had 3 GC wins (Moon was also on those 78 & 79 Esks dynasty teams, and did play in the 79 game); but they did not play in the league as long as Damon Allen or Ricky.

paulwoods13
02-04-2018, 09:45 AM
Well, it is uncanny how often the experts are wrong. I see no reason to assume the worst at this time.

I'll take this off season over last -- any day, and twice on any given Sunday.

Don't see the sky falling here. Not yet anyway.

Who's assuming the worst?

paulwoods13
02-04-2018, 09:52 AM

So many decades ago that labour law hadn't been written yet, I guess. I'll wait for the next round of bargaining to see what happens to pay scales. Ambrosie may be a great commissioner (maybe even better than Pinball would have been), but even a great commissioner isn't going to give something up without a negotiation. And if Ambrosie is as visionary as some seem to think, he will actually face two negotiations -- one with the players association and one with the owners, who for the first time in decades are enjoying some relative prosperity in most markets, and aren't about to voluntarily walk back from that.

1971GreyCup
02-04-2018, 10:51 AM
Boy if only there was an opportunity to ask the Commissioner these existential questions directly.

Jon Gonzo
02-04-2018, 11:26 AM
Boy if only there was an opportunity to ask the Commissioner these existential questions directly.

This is why I have so enjoyed the (early) leadership of Randy Ambrosie. He's not going to weight himself down with such heavy conjecture. Why? There is opportunity, and opportunity for both the league AND the players to takes strides forward *together*

Since it's the truth, I don't see it as a difficult sell. I don't see the league folding. I don't see the league returning to anything. I see the league moving forward here, but color me double-blue and call me an optimist.

I see opportunity.

Topshelf
02-04-2018, 01:48 PM
We need to find a way to uncover some more blue chip talent coming out of American colleges. USC, Michigan, Notre Dame.
Not all of those guys go to the NFL. Seems the CFL only recruits from smaller schools.

AngeloV
02-04-2018, 02:36 PM
We need to find a way to uncover some more blue chip talent coming out of American colleges. USC, Michigan, Notre Dame.
Not all of those guys go to the NFL. Seems the CFL only recruits from smaller schools.

I don't get that thinking. If they are not in the NFL, and are not being recruited to play in the CFL, doesn't that tell you they are likely not good enough? Maybe they should try recruiting more from the National Championship (at least should be in the conversation being unbeaten and beating Auburn who beat both Alabama and Georgia) UCF program instead.

jerrym
02-04-2018, 04:52 PM

I understand that the league uses negotiation lists to help keep costs under control. However, I don't think teams need 45 player negotiation lists that block other teams from recruiting any of these players. Furthermore, with teams hoarding so many QBs on these lists, it is virtually guaranteed that the league over time has lost out on some talented players who are very suited to the Canadian game. In other words, reducing the number of players, especially QBs, on these lists would help in getting more talent into the league.

doubleblue
02-04-2018, 05:09 PM
I understand that the league uses negotiation lists to help keep costs under control. However, I don't think teams need 45 player negotiation lists that block other teams from recruiting any of these players. Furthermore, with teams hoarding so many QBs on these lists, it is virtually guaranteed that the league over time has lost out on some talented who very suited to the Canadian game. In other words, reducing the number of players, especially QBs, on these lists would help in getting more talent into the league.

You're preaching to the choir as far as I'm concerned. I would hope that we see a fan poll on CFL.ca on this issue.

R.J
02-05-2018, 01:16 PM
Simple answer? It's allowed in that league. The CFL still has to OK every single player contract that is signed before it becomes official. The league will not allow those types of contracts, therefore they will not happen.
For years, Anthony Calvillo supposedly had a $250-300k deal that went through the League and a $200+k personal services contract with Bob Wetenhall Sr. The League might have no issue with the "Publicly Owned" teams, but privately owned teams can do a lot of back door type of deals without anyone knowing.

I'd like to see an exemption on the SMS for starting QB contracts. I think it'll go a long way, but I also think there should be a cap on it, say $600k. When you think about it, CFL QB salaries haven't risen much over the last 30 years, take out Flutie's personal services contract with the Argonauts and it seems as though $400-500k has been the going rate for quite some time. Didn't Dunigan want/make around $450k when he left the Argos ?

paulwoods13
02-05-2018, 02:36 PM
I'd like to see an exemption on the SMS for starting QB contracts. I think it'll go a long way, but I also think there should be a cap on it, say $600k. When you think about it, CFL QB salaries haven't risen much over the last 30 years, take out Flutie's personal services contract with the Argonauts and it seems as though $400-500k has been the going rate for quite some time. Didn't Dunigan want/make around $450k when he left the Argos ?

Curious to know in what way you think a QB exemption would benefit the league? Are there good QBs who won't come to the CFL for the current going rate, but would for another couple hundred grand? Are we losing QBs to the NFL? Would Canadians be more impressed with the CFL if QBs were all making half a mil or more? If we were to do this, shouldn't it be to fill some need rather than simply to address the fact that QB salaries have not kept pace with inflation?

1971GreyCup
02-05-2018, 02:45 PM
For years, Anthony Calvillo supposedly had a $250-300k deal that went through the League and a $200+k personal services contract with Bob Wetenhall Sr. The League might have no issue with the "Publicly Owned" teams, but privately owned teams can do a lot of back door type of deals without anyone knowing.

That's interesting. So in 2018 terms, Matt Dunigan's salary should be around $800,000. Considering prices have escalated about 80%* since 1991, players wages have woefully lagged behind.

Certainly tickets prices haven't stood pat. Last time I looked, 1992 lower bowl Argos tickets were $13 each.

Looking forward to professional management of the teams and the league.

*According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics consumer price index

AngeloV
02-06-2018, 03:38 PM

This is the first I've heard of that. The league has made it clear that personal services deals aren't allowed, so I have my doubts whether or not this is fact.

ArgoRavi
02-07-2018, 02:45 AM
This is the first I've heard of that. The league has made it clear that personal services deals aren't allowed, so I have my doubts whether or not this is fact.

The last guy I can recall who had a personal services contract was Doug Flutie in Calgary with Larry Ryckman. I believe that personal services deals were outlawed at some point in the 1990s.

AngeloV
02-07-2018, 10:00 AM
That's interesting. So in 2018 terms, Matt Dunigan's salary should be around $800,000. Considering prices have escalated about 80%* since 1991, players wages have woefully lagged behind.

Certainly tickets prices haven't stood pat. Last time I looked, 1992 lower bowl Argos tickets were $13 each.

Looking forward to professional management of the teams and the league.

*According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics consumer price index

Again, nevermind the fact that the league was on the verge of folding in the 90's. Without cost certainty, I can guarantee that the new owners in the league today would have kicked tires, but not bought in. Do salaries need to be tied more to revenues? Absolutely. But to throw money around by having designated contracts would be playing Russian roulette for the league IMO.

I would say that ticket prices have MAX doubled (not including the some 300 or so premium seats on field level) in the last 25 years. Well. so pretty much has the salary cap since it was first put in. The cap started below 3M. This $13 lower bowl ticket is such BS. I remember sitting lower bowl end zone in the 90's on occassion, and they were $20 then. When the dome opened in '89, 500 level seats between the 30's were $26-$32. I know for a fact because I sat there. You need to stop pulling such BS numbers out of your ass. And rather than whining on here all the time, why have I not seen you voice your opinion at town halls or open mic night?

1971GreyCup
02-07-2018, 01:48 PM
What on earth are all those cheap Argo ticket pictures on Google images? Surely, it fake news! Google's attempt to discredit discerning Argos critics.

I don't need to impress anyone with clever questions, or longwinded opinions, when I can ask them directly. In fact, I'll be speaking to both of them tonight. Anything you wished asked?

1971GreyCup
02-07-2018, 01:51 PM
1992 $13.00 ticket image & 1993 $13.50 ticket image:

https://www.google.ca/search?dcr=0&biw=960&bih=435&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=lEd7Wu77CaGh0wKtnYqwAg&q=argo+ticket+1992+images&oq=argo+ticket+1992+images&gs_l=psy-ab.3...3973.4457.0.4928.2.2.0.0.0.0.108.200.1j1.2. 0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.9XlgzFk1JzY#imgrc=_&spf=1518028812952

R.J
02-07-2018, 02:17 PM
Ask Herb Zurkowsky or the guy who runs the CFL News account.

Again, nevermind the fact that the league was on the verge of folding in the 90's. Without cost certainty, I can guarantee that the new owners in the league today would have kicked tires, but not bought in. Do salaries need to be tied more to revenues? Absolutely. But to throw money around by having designated contracts would be playing Russian roulette for the league IMO.

I would say that ticket prices have MAX doubled (not including the some 300 or so premium seats on field level) in the last 25 years. Well. so pretty much has the salary cap since it was first put in. The cap started below 3M. This $13 lower bowl ticket is such BS. I remember sitting lower bowl end zone in the 90's on occassion, and they were $20 then. When the dome opened in '89, 500 level seats between the 30's were $26-$32. I know for a fact because I sat there. You need to stop pulling such BS numbers out of your ass. And rather than whining on here all the time, why have I not seen you voice your opinion at town halls or open mic night?
The previous "cap" was a farce, as very few if any aside from the Renegades actually spent at or under the cap. The Ottawa Renegades made news about it, essentially stating that they were the only team to stick to the cap, Eric Tillman has also brought up on multiple occasions how he was handcuffed in Ottawa, and couldn't spend what other teams were spending.

As for ticket prices: They've jump up quite a bit in 7 years. Technically 5 years, as ticket prices have been the same since 2016.
http://cfl.mrx.uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/tor/images/inside/2010/10/Season%20Tickets_Pricing%20copy5134.jpg
http://cfl.wp.uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2015/11/18041358/BMO-Seating-Chart.jpg

Team's seem to have money for balloon coaching staffs and business administration, and yet player salaries have barely budged.

ArgoGabe22
02-07-2018, 03:26 PM

In 1992, prices were 10, 15, 21, 26, 32, 40 and $43. Not sure which areas specifically but those were the official single game prices.

AngeloV
02-07-2018, 04:28 PM
In 1992, prices were 10, 15, 21, 26, 32, 40 and $43. Not sure which areas specifically but those were the official single game prices.

$26 and $32 were 500 level between the 30's depending on how high you sat. $10 were endzone under the scoreboard, so there was no repay available, which is why even at that cheap price, few people sat there. Still a far cry away from the 800% increase that was claimed. I don't count the field level seats as for starters, they didn't exist back then, and are a VIP type thing anyways. Club seats at 1199 for 11 tickets is steep. but once again, club seats are not bought by an average fan. They are strictly corporate sales. So for regular fans, the highest price is 899 for 11 games, just over $80 per. Basically double. Hell, even the cheapest seats are less than double when you do a per game thing, about $18 per game, and are a much better view.

AngeloV
02-07-2018, 04:31 PM
I don't need to impress anyone with clever questions, or longwinded opinions, when I can ask them directly. In fact, I'll be speaking to both of them tonight. Anything you wished asked?

Get back to me on those. I'm sure you won't be nearly as rough on the team in a face to face as you are on here. As for long winded, I guess you just save those opinions for those of us on here to have to endure.

ArgoZ
02-07-2018, 07:23 PM
The last guy I can recall who had a personal services contract was Doug Flutie in Calgary with Larry Ryckman. I believe that personal services deals were outlawed at some point in the 1990s.

Perfect example how those side deals don't always work out. Flutie was only paid his CFL salary in his last year in Calgary and Rykman didn't come through with all those personal deals. He was owed over a million dollars and is one of the reasons he came to Toronto. I believe the Argos helped with the tab if I recall correctly.

1971GreyCup
02-07-2018, 07:52 PM
Get back to me on those. I'm sure you won't be nearly as rough on the team in a face to face as you are on here. As for long winded, I guess you just save those opinions for those of us on here to have to endure.

I have no problem providing my opinion when I'm not happy. I expressed my disdain directly for their process to the previous Argos management. I spoke directly Jim Barker about my concerns. He, like most GMs/Coaches can more than take the criticism.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my complaints were related to past coaches/GM and past senior management. I don't relish change for change, but when you make the big bucks, results are a given. No results and the next GM/HC steps up.

You and others, right or wrong, were far more patient with than me. What I wanted after 2016 has entirely come to fruition and a Grey Cup to boot!

How much more can I ask for? 

Excuse me, I've got a few people I'd like to chat with.

Argo57
02-10-2018, 01:25 PM
Pretty nice job by Jim Popp to stabilize the Argonauts QB situation for the 2018 season.
Salaries and potential bonuses are fair for both Ray and Franklin and overall come at a reasonable price tag!

http://3downnation.com/2018/02/10/contract-details-argos-quarterbacking-pay-structure/

jerrym
02-10-2018, 04:37 PM
Pretty nice job by Jim Popp to stabilize the Argonauts QB situation for the 2018 season.
Salaries and potential bonuses are fair for both Ray and Franklin and overall come at a reasonable price tag!

http://3downnation.com/2018/02/10/contract-details-argos-quarterbacking-pay-structure/

Once again Popp shows why he is a very good GM.

OV Argo
02-10-2018, 07:11 PM
Once again Popp shows why he is a very good GM.

Cept for his last few seasons with the Als - where he was brutal.

Argo57
02-10-2018, 07:23 PM
Cept for his last few seasons with the Als - where he was brutal.

Live and learn.

Rich
02-11-2018, 04:08 AM

This is very interesting. Why would Ricky accept $200k less to take on the same workload he had last season? He’s a team guy but he’s not an idiot. if these salaries are true they suggest the team may be planning to give Franklin some meaningful snaps next season. There’s no way Burris took a 40% base pay cut when Ottawa signed Harris.

ArgoGabe22
02-11-2018, 09:06 AM

Good thing Ricky Ray isn’t on social media. Maybe he should go to the ranting route about how underpaid he is :p

paulwoods13
02-11-2018, 09:49 AM
If Dunk's numbers are correct (and I'd say they're plausible, but Dunk's track record is inconsistent), I assume we will need to keep the No. 3 QB on a very low salary. Presumably B-T and Prukop both signed 2-year deals so we should be OK with one or both on the depth chart. I can't see Fajardo accepting less than $100k on his next contract so I'll be shocked if he's back in the fold.

Argo57
02-11-2018, 02:37 PM
Good thing Ricky Ray isn’t on social media. Maybe he should go to the ranting route about how underpaid he is :p

Another reason to like and respect Ray.

Will
02-12-2018, 01:08 PM
Ricky Ray reminds me a little bit of John Olerud. A quiet, unassuming figure who is very talented at their job.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8