PDA

View Full Version : Sounds like Chamblin is not returning

Stevoman
02-06-2018, 09:13 PM
3Downnation also reported that Corey Chamberlain is not coming back:http://3downnation.com/2018/02/06/defensive-coordinator-corey-chamblin-not-planning-return-argos/

AngeloV
02-06-2018, 09:31 PM
3Downnation also reported that Corey Chamberlain is not coming back:http://3downnation.com/2018/02/06/defensive-coordinator-corey-chamblin-not-planning-return-argos/

It's a big loss. I understand the family commitments with the death of his father. I wonder if Tyron Brackenridge is ready for a promotion after the good job he did with the secondary. He played under Chamblin with the Riders as well, so might be a smooth transition if they want to go that route.

ArgoGabe22
02-06-2018, 09:33 PM
http://3downnation.com/2018/02/06/defensive-coordinator-corey-chamblin-not-planning-return-argos/

Skilz
02-07-2018, 11:54 AM
http://3downnation.com/2018/02/06/defensive-coordinator-corey-chamblin-not-planning-return-argos/

Always taking 3Down Nation reports with a pinch of salt - as Dunk's report is according to "sources".

Chamblin turned down an interview with MTL for the HC, due to the Reed dysfunction train no doubt.

Wonder if Corey, thinks he can get a DC shot at a Division 1 school like Orlando Steinauer to diversify his coaching resume.

That would be the only way I see the Argos releasing him from his contract...

gilthethrill
02-07-2018, 01:25 PM
A couple weeks ago when the coaching staff was announced I was excited about the team finally having continuity in the staff. Now it appears Chamblin along with Steve Walsh are gone. So much for continuity.

R.J
02-07-2018, 01:43 PM
Was never a big fan of Chamblin, but this loss sucks as there's not much out there in terms of DC's, It would have been nice to acquire Thorpe. Doesn't sound as though people are up in arms about Chamblin leaving, and yet Wilder and Butler were a big commotion. Walsh is a quality coach, so it sucks to see him leave, but I still don't see the need of having 16 coaches, now down to 14.

AngeloV
02-07-2018, 04:33 PM
Was never a big fan of Chamblin, but this loss sucks as there's not much out there in terms of DC's, It would have been nice to acquire Thorpe. Doesn't sound as though people are up in arms about Chamblin leaving, and yet Wilder and Butler were a big commotion. Walsh is a quality coach, so it sucks to see him leave, but I still don't see the need of having 16 coaches, now down to 14.

I wasn't up in arms about Wilder or Butler, and in fact have taken their sides.

R.J
02-07-2018, 05:15 PM
I wasn't up in arms about Wilder or Butler, and in fact have taken their sides.
Never said you were, but quite a few people around here and at Ambrosie's get together are none to happy, and yet Chambln: crickets. Double standards at its best when Coaches are allowed to resign and find another coaching job and players can't. Also odd that if Coaches are fired they get paid for the duration of their contract and players can get released without receiving their due.

Argo57
02-07-2018, 07:11 PM
Timing is a shame as possible replacements will be limited at this time, never a dull moment in Argoland?

jerrym
02-07-2018, 07:48 PM
Definitely awkward timing, but, under much worse circumstances in terms of putting a coaching staff together, the Argos didn't do too badly last year.

popo
02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Not a lot of obvious candidates to replace him, as far as CFL re-treads. Greg Quick is out fom the Alouettes. Kit Lathrop?

I bet it will be an internal promotion. Mike Archer (LB coach) was a DC at NC state. Kerry Locklin (DL coach) has a lot of experience. Brackenridge (DB coach) is probably too inexperienced. Kevin Eiben (ST coach) is one other possibility.

Will
02-08-2018, 11:19 AM
Not a lot of obvious candidates to replace him, as far as CFL re-treads. Greg Quick is out fom the Alouettes. Kit Lathrop?

I bet it will be an internal promotion. Mike Archer (LB coach) was a DC at NC state. Kerry Locklin (DL coach) has a lot of experience. Brackenridge (DB coach) is probably too inexperienced. Kevin Eiben (ST coach) is one other possibility.

Not really a fan of any of those options.

gilthethrill
02-08-2018, 11:30 AM
Perhaps Mark Nelson who was demoted in Ottawa could be hired...even though he is under contract I don't think that matters if he can get a promotion to DC from another team.

But keep in mind, Chamblin has not yet left.

Flutie
02-08-2018, 11:40 AM
Never said you were, but quite a few people around here and at Ambrosie's get together are none to happy, and yet Chambln: crickets. Double standards at its best when Coaches are allowed to resign and find another coaching job and players can't. Also odd that if Coaches are fired they get paid for the duration of their contract and players can get released without receiving their due.

I think that's what bothers people the most, the double standard. Chamblin has one year left on a 2 year contract but is allowed to take a job in the NFL but Wilder has to sit out a season and not allowed to sign with an NFL team.

There is a salary cap for players but not for coaches. I think most CFL teams have 12 or 13 coaches, no restrictions on the number of coaches or salaries.
The CFL can tell teams that they can't spend more than $5.2 MILLION on players, yet head coaches are probably earning more than $500k, the O and D coaches $250k and the other position coaches at around $100k.

R.J
02-08-2018, 11:50 AM
Not really a fan of any of those options.
Nor am I, especially Greg Quick who IMO is the worst DC I've ever seen. I wonder what Tim Burke is up to nowadays ? Although, I can't recall why he left the Als for Winnipeg, so there may be some issues there, who knows.

Perhaps Mark Nelson who was demoted in Ottawa could be hired...even though he is under contract I don't think that matters if he can get a promotion to DC from another team.

But keep in mind, Chamblin has not yet left.
Wouldn't mind Nelson, but tbh the lack of defensive identity on the Redblacks last season would be a huge concern.

paulwoods13
02-08-2018, 05:03 PM
Naylor tweeted that it's not a done deal Chamblin is leaving, and Argos are not yet looking for a replacement.

Will
02-08-2018, 06:25 PM
Naylor tweeted that it's not a done deal Chamblin is leaving, and Argos are not yet looking for a replacement.

It may come across as heartless for saying this -- provided part of the reason he is considering leaving -- but I would prefer if he made a decision sooner than later.

Argo57
02-08-2018, 06:33 PM
It may come across as heartless for saying this -- provided part of the reason he is considering leaving -- but I would prefer if he made a decision sooner than later.

No your just being realistic, I’m sure the team wants to know ASAP and commence their search.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8