PDA

View Full Version : Tell me they won't fill 25,000 seats in St. John's, Newfoundland....

Midnight Blue
05-15-2012, 03:04 AM
I believe I am brilliant. Unfortunately, that is not always enough.

Sure, I've been talked out of Quebec City, Halifax, and Moncton,

but seriously, a team in Newfoundland, would effin' rock !

I mean, it's not like they've got anything else to do.

--- Besides drinking, avoiding Moose, trying not to get pregnant,

and making sure they have enough ice and smokes ; nothing any other

Canadian doesn't strive for....

It would be an outdoor stadium, of course.

This part of the Country has been neglected long enough.

I seriously can't believe the CFL doesn't have a team out East.

Midnight Blue
05-15-2012, 03:19 AM
Oh yes, what about a stadium, you might ask?

Well, if I'm not mistaken, Newfoundland has become an oil-producing province.

It has gone from a "have-not", to a "have" province.

Ontario, under Dalton McGuinty has gone in the other direction.

But this is not about politics ; this is about taking a risk on a possibly sure thing.

Newfoundland is prospering, and deserves a chance at the Big League.

The money (oil) is there. The Canadian Spirit, is there.

We now need someone with the balls and vision to step up to the line.

1argoholic
05-15-2012, 10:50 AM
The Newfoundland Screechers. The logo could be a 26er.

argotom
05-15-2012, 11:08 AM
I believe I am brilliant. Unfortunately, that is not always enough.

Sure, I've been talked out of Quebec City, Halifax, and Moncton,

but seriously, a team in Newfoundland, would effin' rock !

I mean, it's not like they've got anything else to do.

--- Besides drinking, avoiding Moose, trying not to get pregnant,

and making sure they have enough ice and smokes ; nothing any other

Canadian doesn't strive for....

It would be an outdoor stadium, of course.

This part of the Country has been neglected long enough.

I seriously can't believe the CFL doesn't have a team out East.

We never thought about the Nfld, but I think you may have something there.
A remote island location will pack them in, but again........ its the stadium issue.

c33
05-15-2012, 11:26 AM
Interesting idea, but not just a simple case of build it and they will come. There isn't much, if any, of a football tradition in the province; the game isn't played at he university or even high school level.

matthew
05-15-2012, 07:34 PM
shouldn't this also be in "The CFL" forum. Is it just me or does having these seperate forums not really count for much. I like uncluttered reading of my argo news but its increasingly difficult to cut the wheat from the chaff here.

ticatfan
05-16-2012, 01:39 PM
Here are two comments from the boys back in NL that can be printed. The rest basically indicated there is no interest at all

- I think they would have a very tough go of it...no stadium, no history/tradition of football in NL, geograpaphy and costs associated with that, weather, low the population base and income...etc, etc Stick with the Atlantic Schooners....whether they be in Halifax or Moncton.

-I can't see it happening.

Halifax is probably the only place a team could be located in the Atlantic Provinces. They have a stadium, population, and have proven they can host pre-season games. The big thing about Halifax is you can draw in fans from all over the region, and most can drive, on 4-Lane highways, in a few hours to get there.

Midnight Blue
05-17-2012, 10:57 AM
shouldn't this also be in "The CFL" forum. Is it just me or does having these seperate forums not really count for much. I like uncluttered reading of my argo news but its increasingly difficult to cut the wheat from the chaff here.

Hey, Matthew, you're right, this belongs in the CFL Forum, but the problem is, it seems that those forums don't get read much. Once things get moved there, they fall off the screen, disappear into a black hole; may as well just delete them.

As for separating the "wheat from the chaff" --- if you're going to dismiss my posts and comments as "chaff", you may first want to learn the difference between "it's" and "its", and learn how to spell the word "separate".

Is it just me, or does anyone anyone else find it increasingly difficult to take seriously the opinions of
people who don't know the difference between "your" and "you're", and "their", "there" and "they're"?

If you're 'gonna' claim to be an Argo fan, show some personal pride: take half an hour of your time, and learn some basic grammar and spelling. Then you can talk all you want about separating the "wheat from the chaff".

Bloody peasant.

[insert emoticon smile here]

Cheers !

And God Save The Queen !

matthew
05-19-2012, 11:22 AM
I am not dismissing your post at all. I eat chaff for breakfast and love it. I was merely finding the most appropriate home for it not asking for its deletion.

As for being a fan, wouldn't be here if I wasn't. Just trying to follow the parameters of the person that created this site in the first place.

As for spelling mistakes, well that's what you get for posting from a mobile phone with a virtual keyboard. That said I took great pains to type this one carefully. And in this era of hipping and hopping, I take great pains to maintain the queens English, oral and written, in my personal life.

Midnight Blue
06-03-2012, 06:59 PM
I am not dismissing your post at all. I eat chaff for breakfast and love it. I was merely finding the most appropriate home for it not asking for its deletion.

As for being a fan, wouldn't be here if I wasn't. Just trying to follow the parameters of the person that created this site in the first place.

As for spelling mistakes, well that's what you get for posting from a mobile phone with a virtual keyboard. That said I took great pains to type this one carefully. And in this era of hipping and hopping, I take great pains to maintain the queens English, oral and written, in my personal life.

Fair enough, Sir.

And please accept my apologies; I wasn't really ticked off -- just more annoyed, if anything.

Anyway, the hounds are loose, and the game is afoot! Good hunting!

Cheers!

294life
06-08-2012, 11:26 PM
Rick Mercer could be the team's mascot.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8