PDA

View Full Version : Extension for Bills in Toronto series "imminent"

R.J
05-15-2012, 07:16 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=396037

ArgoRavi
05-15-2012, 07:58 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=396037

Jim Lang must be in ecstasy right now. Is anyone else skeptical of the Bills' claim that ticket sales in Southern Ontario have increased significantly since the introduction of this series?

1argoholic
05-21-2012, 01:23 AM
This is a joke.

gilthethrill
05-23-2012, 07:46 AM
Well, we all know there will one guaranteed stinker of a football game at Rogers Centre this season....but certain media types will laud the "electric atmosphere"....

1argoholic
05-23-2012, 02:08 PM
As my accounting assistant wife said this morning when I mentioned this news, "it's all about tax right offs." That's all she said. No doubt.
After a kickass 100th Grey Cup that the city will still be talking about they can have their shitty little game.

Downtownfan
06-08-2012, 11:51 AM
no word yet on this turkey, which says to me that despite the pressure put on Rogers by the "approval" by the NFL's international committee for another five years, Rogers and the Bills haven't come to an agreement. The Bills will want to make this worth the pushback they get from their real fans (and will have become accustomed to making 10 million a year on this), while Rogers will want to cut their losses by lowering the price substantially (I really wish someone in the media would dig into how much they lost on this-- likely in the tens of millions). I wonder if they can actually make this work...

Scottish_Argo
07-01-2012, 09:51 AM
I cant wait for the seahawks game , as a seahawks fan its cool that they will be playing in Toronto.

LLB997
07-02-2012, 04:32 AM
I cant wait for the seahawks game , as a seahawks fan its cool that they will be playing in Toronto.

yeah, it's awesome! yawwwn

argofandave
07-02-2012, 11:44 AM
There was a story on one of the Buffalo TV stations this morning about letting each individual NFL team to decide whether or not to lift the TV blackout. Apparently, if a team sells at least 85% of their tickets, they can lift the blackout but they have to set the limit before the season starts. In other words, they can set the limit anywhere between 85-100% but they have to stay with it all season.

ArgoRavi
07-02-2012, 01:46 PM
There was a story on one of the Buffalo TV stations this morning about letting each individual NFL team to decide whether or not to lift the TV blackout. Apparently, if a team sells at least 85% of their tickets, they can lift the blackout but they have to set the limit before the season starts. In other words, they can set the limit anywhere between 85-100% but they have to stay with it all season.

It hasn't mattered with the Toronto games. They have been considered to be sellouts for TV purposes because Rogers bought the games from the Bills. However, as we are all well aware, none of these games have sold out.

Deerkeeper
07-02-2012, 02:58 PM
I wonder how this series is going to play out now in light of Rogers recent round of job cuts because their profits are shrinking. I sure those 375 people are really impressed to know that their livelihoods are expendable because Rogers is all hot and horny for the Barfalo Bills.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8