PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Season Ticket Holder Benefits (Updated)

argofan81
04-09-2018, 01:45 PM
After the announcement of no tailgaiting, etc., I decided to take a look at the 2018 season ticket holder benefits:

https://www.argonauts.ca/season-tickets-holders/

Of note, the following:

- announcement that the pre-season game will be held in Guelph on Thursday and that STH will receive a credit on their account for this game
- announcement saying that the Ontario Place parking lot will NOT be available for tailgaiting BUT that The Shipyard will return (beer prices were similar to tailgaiting however, with no tailgaiting is the size of the site adequate to accomodate?)
- benefits now include a 15% discount on merchandise AT BMO Field -- not sure if the online discount is still available, however, it barely helped to cover the cost of shipping from the website so to me this is valuable.

Mightygoose
04-09-2018, 03:01 PM
Was an email sent by client services? I didn't get anything. Not even in my spam folders.

Edit: Just got the email.

I noticed the seat ma has changed, and if I'm reading it right, prices have come down significantly. Starting from 159.00. Our section (Gold A) dropped from 699.00 to 408.00.

Didn't use the tailgate myself but sucks for those who do use it. I'm OK with the lower price point to get people in the stands and create a better atmosphere

argofan81
04-09-2018, 03:08 PM
Was an email sent by client services? I didn't get anything. Not even in my spam folders.

Edit: Just for the email

I noticed the seat ma has changed, and if I'm reading it right, prices have come down significantly. Starting from 159.00. Our section (Gold A) dropped from 699.00 to 408.00.

Didn't use the tailgate myself but sucks for those who do use it. I'm OK with the lower price point to get people in the stands and create a better atmosphere

Nope no email. I only happened to look at the website after someone mentioned that they thought that one of the STH benefits was discounted parking at the tailgates. My price level has also dropped from $399 down to $255 (and I have 2 seats!). Apparently we will be receiving credits on our accounts for the price difference. Personally I will be contacting the Argos to seek a refund -- that amount of money is substantial enough that I am not willing to let the Argos assume that I will be renewing again next year to use the credit.

Neely2005
04-09-2018, 03:49 PM
Well the price decrease is very significant at least. Our season tickets went from $499 each to $159 each!

GregR
04-09-2018, 04:07 PM
I got the email just now. They really need to explain the no tailgating after such constant promotion the last two years. Pre-season game in Guelph. They are closing the upper east grandstand. As we knew already no flex tickets this year. Price reductions on tickets.

paulwoods13
04-09-2018, 04:17 PM
Glad to see the price reductions. I was very surprised when they held the line on prices last fall -- it seemed blindingly obvious that with 13,000 fans per game, the market was not ready for the prices they wished to charge. At first glance the pricing map looks significantly different than before, and the reductions seem to vary pretty widely from one point to another. (Mine seem to be reduced by about $138 apiece). But all in I think this is a good (and necessary) step to rebuild crowds.

As for tailgating, it seems to have drawn maybe a couple of hundred people per game, at most, and it was the primary selling point of the now-departed Copeland/Moore regime, so it's not a big surprise that it's gone. Fortunately the Shipyard continues and hopefully it will grow in size and attendance.

GregR
04-09-2018, 04:28 PM
They better increase the size of the shipyard with more beer stations. It was hard enough at times getting a beer there. If Tailgaters come over it will crowded

Neely2005
04-09-2018, 05:57 PM
They better increase the size of the shipyard with more beer stations. It was hard enough at times getting a beer there. If Tailgaters come over it will crowded

I'm sure MLSE will increase the number of beer stations and the price of the beer at those stations.

ArgoZ
04-09-2018, 08:45 PM
Not sure how they can force us to take a credit. That's almost $500 in my account for the pair I own. I'll take the money now and renew with new funds next year, thank you. I looked at the map tonight to see where I could upgrade if neccessary, but entire sections are now blocked out and there is only around 100 tickets available now. They must be carefully jockeying everyone around before releasing seats back to the public.

Shatto
04-09-2018, 09:09 PM
Since anyone purchasing ST's now, would pay the new reduced price, it seems inconceivable that management, if requested, wouldn't give a refund to present STH's. To do otherwise, would discriminate against present STH's.

Neely2005
04-09-2018, 09:19 PM
Since anyone purchasing ST's now, would pay the new reduced price, it seems inconceivable that management, if requested, wouldn't give a refund to present STH's. To do otherwise, would discriminate against present STH's.

Well we'll find out as I want a credit to my credit card too.

Joe Barnes
04-09-2018, 09:32 PM
I like the 15% off of merch in stadium. Finally!

doubleblue
04-10-2018, 08:02 AM
After the announcement of no tailgaiting, etc., I decided to take a look at the 2018 season ticket holder benefits:

https://www.argonauts.ca/season-tickets-holders/

Of note, the following:

- announcement that the pre-season game will be held in Guelph on Thursday and that STH will receive a credit on their account for this game
- announcement saying that the Ontario Place parking lot will NOT be available for tailgaiting BUT that The Shipyard will return (beer prices were similar to tailgaiting however, with no tailgaiting is the size of the site adequate to accomodate?)
- benefits now include a 15% discount on merchandise AT BMO Field -- not sure if the online discount is still available, however, it barely helped to cover the cost of shipping from the website so to me this is valuable.

MLSE is used to telling their fans "this is the way its going to be and you're going to like it". I wouldn't mine a few "why we did this or that" once in a while.

Harpastum
04-10-2018, 06:15 PM
Got the email with my "Upgrade Appointment" time for tomorrow afternoon...
Says I can use the extra money to "upgrade your seats - or purchase additional seats!"
But no mention of refund.
Hmm....?

Shatto
04-10-2018, 06:37 PM
Also just got notice. Interesting to note wording. "You have a credit to your account. You can use the credit to upgrade or purchase additional seats" There is no mention that I have the right to a refund. So it appears that anyone buying seasons tickets now, will pay the reduced price but those who have been long standing STH's will not have the right to a refund. Seems to discriminates against present STH's.

I look forward to speaking to the rep who calls. I suspect that present STH's are going to ask some very pointed questions. If no refund is offered there are going to be a number of unhappy STH's. Hopefully refunds will be offered because if not, it appears management is going to upset a lot of us.

Argo57
04-10-2018, 06:51 PM
Also just got notice. Interesting to note wording. "You have a credit to your account. You can use the credit to upgrade or purchase additional seats" There is no mention that I have the right to a refund. So it appears that anyone buying seasons tickets now, will pay the reduced price but those who have been long standing STH's will not have the right to a refund. Seems to discriminates against present STH's.

I look forward to speaking to the rep who calls. I suspect that present STH's are going to ask some very pointed questions. If no refund is offered there are going to be a number of unhappy STH's. Hopefully refunds will be offered because if not, it appears management is going to upset a lot of us.

Wouldn’t be the first time.
I talked to the Argos this morning for some clarification , I have just under $500.00 credit on my account.
They seem to be encouraging upgrading seats but TBH I’m happy where I sit and don’t want to get trapped in higher priced seats when they decide to hike their prices.
They skirted my question about a refund on my credit card?
To be continued.

argotom
04-10-2018, 06:59 PM
As a 20+ year season ticket holder, not sure what to make of this latest.
Of course, reducing the seats is a good thing as it was done when the soccer team was struggling as well.
Hopefully that may entice some band wagon jumpers who are looking for a cheap night out/date?
But, the reduction yet again of the seating at BMO, similar to what they did at the dome, not sure about that one.
I have often said as well as my fellow season ticket neighbours, how the upper side should be filled free of charge with school age children.

ArgoZ
04-10-2018, 07:17 PM
Wouldn’t be the first time.
I talked to the Argos this morning for some clarification , I have just under $500.00 credit on my account.
They seem to be encouraging upgrading seats but TBH I’m happy where I sit and don’t want to get trapped in higher priced seats when they decide to hike their prices.
They skirted my question about a refund on my credit card?
To be continued.

With credit from the pre-season to be added, you'll be over $500 like myself. As a new ST holder this year, I refuse to be punished for buying early. I will not settle until a refund on my credit card. $500 is too much to leave in trust. Money I could use towards merchandise, parking or even paying off said credit card. Life can change in an instant and I am not prepared to commit to next year without this season even starting.

On a positive note, I feel my silver seats, behind the Argos bench, across the isle from gold, are the best value in the league. I will not hesitate to renew as long as the schedule allows and life lets me.

Argo57
04-10-2018, 07:25 PM
With credit from the pre-season to be added, you'll be over $500 like myself. As a new ST holder this year, I refuse to be punished for buying early. I will not settle until a refund on my credit card. $500 is too much to leave in trust. Money I could use towards merchandise, parking or even paying off said credit card. Life can change in an instant and I am not prepared to commit to next year without this season even starting.

On a positive not, I feel my silver seats, behind the Argos bench, across the isle from gold, are the best value in the league. I will not hesitate to renew as long as the schedule allows and life lets me.

Agreed 100% on all your points.

AngeloV
04-10-2018, 08:52 PM
But, the reduction yet again of the seating at BMO, similar to what they did at the dome, not sure about that one.
I have often said as well as my fellow season ticket neighbours, how the upper side should be filled free of charge with school age children.

I will take it for what it is. Hopefully we can fill the house, and slowly they can start opening some more seating due to demand. I didn't like the idea at first, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

Tipper1983
04-10-2018, 11:06 PM
I'm in the same "boat" as others have mentioned and will have a substantial credit on my account. I'm not a wealthy guy in the slightest and that money could go a fair way towards not only Argo related activities but life in general. I doubt MLSE will be open to paying me interest on that money in the same way visa is willing to charge it. If they are unwilling to refund/wanna play games then I will simply cancel my seasons and then re-purchase at the reduced price, problem solved.

ArgoRavi
04-11-2018, 11:20 AM
I will take it for what it is. Hopefully we can fill the house, and slowly they can start opening some more seating due to demand. I didn't like the idea at first, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

My understanding is that they won't start selling those seats until they sell all others. Makes sense to me.

Shatto
04-11-2018, 11:26 AM
Just received my call from a very pleasant and co-operative Argo rep. There was no objection to my request to receive a refund rather than using the money to upgrade or purchase additional tickets. The money ($676) will be credit to my credit card sometime in the near future. It should be noted that the refund included the loss of exhibition game at BMO.

I explained that I would have considered utilizing the credit to purchase additional tickets, if they had not cancelled the tailgating. My reasoning being, that the tickets would have been purchased for my family and tailgating was a real attraction for my family. So the cancellation of the tailgating cost the team any additional tickets, I might have considered purchasing with the credit.

I realize that others have little objection to the cancellation of tailgating and probably won't agree wit my thinking but we all have to make decisions based on our own interests.

ArgoRavi
04-11-2018, 11:43 AM
My guess is that the Argos will end up gaining far more fans through the price decreases than they will lose through the cessation of tailgating.

Will
04-11-2018, 12:37 PM
My guess is that the Argos will end up gaining far more fans through the price decreases than they will lose through the cessation of tailgating.

I hope so.

Scooter McCray
04-11-2018, 01:00 PM
As someone who has been critical of Copeland and Manning I will give credit where it is due; Great job lowering ticket prices for STH significantly. Thank you. Keep the single seats just as low as there are only 3600 STH. The single game seats need to stay low for the new fan. As one who only attended the tailgate at the Eastern Final I am disappointed it isn't being continued as it was another way for fans to gather and get hyped pre game. Glad to hear that some type of shipyard experience will take it's place so will eagerly await more details there. I am one who only needs the football game to make me happy. However for the Argos to attract and retain new fans they need to have as much going on pre game in game and post game as possible to capture the imaginations of today's fan and get them off the couch and into the stadium. Please keep Pinball as involved as he wishes to be in the selling and developing of the Argo brand.

R.J
04-11-2018, 03:29 PM
As someone who has been critical of Copeland and Manning I will give credit where it is due; Great job lowering ticket prices for STH significantly. Thank you. Keep the single seats just as low as there are only 3600 STH. The single game seats need to stay low for the new fan. As one who only attended the tailgate at the Eastern Final I am disappointed it isn't being continued as it was another way for fans to gather and get hyped pre game. Glad to hear that some type of shipyard experience will take it's place so will eagerly await more details there. I am one who only needs the football game to make me happy. However for the Argos to attract and retain new fans they need to have as much going on pre game in game and post game as possible to capture the imaginations of today's fan and get them off the couch and into the stadium. Please keep Pinball as involved as he wishes to be in the selling and developing of the Argo brand.
Not sure why you're giving Copeland any credit, 2 years of him as President and nothing changed. 4 months in and Manning/MLSE have made a bunch.

R.J
04-11-2018, 03:52 PM
Decided to call the team today instead of waiting for my appointment to see if I could maybe upgrade, nothing really available that I wanted so stayed put, and asked the team to keep the credit (over $600). Just in case something opens up later on, and besides that I'll be back next season anyways.

Shatto
04-11-2018, 04:18 PM
I sincerely hope Ravi is correct that the price reduction results in greater attendance. Present STH's were offered a) credit for upgrade b)credit to purchase more tickets or c) a refund. It will be interesting to see how many chose which option. My gut tells me, an overwhelming number will chose the refund. If that is the case, the organization will have lost a fair amount of money but hopefully they will make it up through increased general attendance and new STH's.

The real push will be to attract new STH's, with the new reduced pricing, hopefully inducing many new folks to buy season tickets. If the team has a winning season, there is no reason why people wont be buying tickets for specific games. The playoff game last year had an attendance fractionally short of 25,000. That is a lofty goal but it demonstrates there is interest out there and that is what management should be aiming for. A bit optimistic but there is always hope.

Scooter McCray
04-11-2018, 04:59 PM
Not sure why you're giving Copeland any credit, 2 years of him as President and nothing changed. 4 months in and Manning/MLSE have made a bunch.I don't give him much credit other than establishing a tailgate and shipyard in year one and having a great opening day in 2016. Other than that he scaled everything back rather than building on anything and he overcharged the loyal existing fanbase for their seats and the Grey Cup game. The bottom line is he did not increase attendance from what was had at Skydome and he did not move the needle in terms of Toronto's awareness of the Argonauts. We have really lost 2 years and as a result Manning now is taking a slow, deliberate approach to the business side of things which is really too bad because the team is damn good and could repeat as champions and the full force and might of MLSE looks like it will be held back from selling all things Argo to the city. Where they can have a big impact in lieu of spending a ton on marketing IMO is media. This is a good team worth talking about. Have TSN and Rogers spend time and money covering the team on all of their platforms. Just having them discussed on a daily basis as are the Jays, Leafs, Raptors will create a ton of interest and build credibility. And there should be alot to discuss this season. If this media shift can happen that will immediately improve ticket buying from the general public.

Ron
04-11-2018, 05:14 PM
Just received my call from a very pleasant and co-operative Argo rep. There was no objection to my request to receive a refund rather than using the money to upgrade or purchase additional tickets. The money ($676) will be credit to my credit card sometime in the near future. It should be noted that the refund included the loss of exhibition game at BMO.

I explained that I would have considered utilizing the credit to purchase additional tickets, if they had not cancelled the tailgating. My reasoning being, that the tickets would have been purchased for my family and tailgating was a real attraction for my family. So the cancellation of the tailgating cost the team any additional tickets, I might have considered purchasing with the credit.

I realize that others have little objection to the cancellation of tailgating and probably won't agree wit my thinking but we all have to make decisions based on our own interests.

Whatever floats your boat is great.

I just find it funny'ish that you decided to tell them that if they didn't cancel tailgating you "might" have used an unforeseen credit to buy more tickets. Thus implying what they already knew ... being ... the tailgate was not a "spend your $$$" attraction for you (or most fans) to buy those extra tickets in the first place.

argotom
04-11-2018, 05:42 PM
Ditto for me, just got a call from the rep with the same $676.00 credit.
I have not decided whether to move up, leave on credit or whether a refund will be made to my credit card.

Shatto
04-11-2018, 06:26 PM
I have no interest in entering a battle of opinions but with great respect, it appears that Ron did not fully comprehend the rational for not to using the credit to buy more tickets, so I'll take the responsibility, that I obviously did not explain it well enough.

Last year on many occasions, we took several members of the family down to the tailgating, which meant purchasing additional tickets to the games. During the year we probably bought an extra couple of dozen ticket for the family. The kids (mostly teenagers) loved the tailgating and we all found it to be a great family event. So in our case, yes the tailgating was an important aspect in the decision of whether to use the credit for additional tickets or not.

I can't speak for other fans but the cancelling of the tailgating did have an impact of the decision. Having been a STH for well over a half a century, I make decisions of when to buy extra tickets based on the interest shown by my family. Tailgating was important to them and thus the decision was to take the refund, rather than purchase additional tickets.

I realize the comment "whatever floats your boat is great" was said in humour but can I appeal to all, to try to keep our differences of opinions as cordial, positive and pleasant as possible. We can have completely different opinions on issues but still respect the individual's right to that opinion

Tipper1983
04-11-2018, 06:35 PM

Very good, I'm with you on that 100% and will be passing on the same sentiment.

ArgoZ
04-11-2018, 08:02 PM
I sincerely hope Ravi is correct that the price reduction results in greater attendance. Present STH's were offered a) credit for upgrade b)credit to purchase more tickets or c) a refund. It will be interesting to see how many chose which option. My gut tells me, an overwhelming number will chose the refund. If that is the case, the organization will have lost a fair amount of money but hopefully they will make it up through increased general attendance and new STH's.

The real push will be to attract new STH's, with the new reduced pricing, hopefully inducing many new folks to buy season tickets. If the team has a winning season, there is no reason why people wont be buying tickets for specific games. The playoff game last year had an attendance fractionally short of 25,000. That is a lofty goal but it demonstrates there is interest out there and that is what management should be aiming for. A bit optimistic but there is always hope.

3600 ST times an average of $250 refund per ticket equals $900 000. Not everyone will ask for a refund though. I'm guessing half. So they will lose out on $450 000. New ST sales and no tailgate costs should help. I'm sure MLSE made all the calculations before deciding. As I said earlier $255 or $24 a game for my seat is unbelievable. I hope to never give them up at that price.

Neely2005
04-11-2018, 08:32 PM

I'll be taking the refund too and will also let them know that it's due to them cancelling the Tailgates.

Argo57
04-11-2018, 08:41 PM
I have no interest in entering a battle of opinions but with great respect, it appears that Ron did not fully comprehend the rational for not to using the credit to buy more tickets, so I'll take the responsibility, that I obviously did not explain it well enough.

Last year on many occasions, we took several members of the family down to the tailgating, which meant purchasing additional tickets to the games. During the year we probably bought an extra couple of dozen ticket for the family. The kids (mostly teenagers) loved the tailgating and we all found it to be a great family event. So in our case, yes the tailgating was an important aspect in the decision of whether to use the credit for additional tickets or not.

I can't speak for other fans but the cancelling of the tailgating did have an impact of the decision. Having been a STH for well over a half a century, I make decisions of when to buy extra tickets based on the interest shown by my family. Tailgating was important to them and thus the decision was to take the refund, rather than purchase additional tickets.

I realize the comment "whatever floats your boat is great" was said in humour but can I appeal to all, to try to keep our differences of opinions as cordial, positive and pleasant as possible. We can have completely different opinions on issues but still respect the individual's right to that opinion

Bottom line is do what is best for you and your family, shouldn’t be up for debate.

Treblecharger1
04-11-2018, 08:50 PM
According to Naylor, they were at about 4200 prior to the announcement of the reduced pricing. Renewals are at about 80% of 3600. My guess is with the new pricing structure they will get a good chunk of that remaining 20% back which will put them close to 5k in seasons.

This is where the real advantage of being owned by a company like MLSE comes in after these relocation appointments are done they will most likely do a campaign to anyone who has purchased season tickets in the passed to get them back. Then you have a database now of anyone who has purchased a season ticket, half season and mini packs with the Leafs, Raptors, Marlies, TFC (although I suspect they will tread lightly with TFC fans) You basically have reach now with almost every single person who purchases a ticket for sports entertainment in the city.

It's an exciting time and I think you will see them get 15 to 18k a game in house like Manning said with a couple games hitting 20k

Joe Barnes
04-11-2018, 09:48 PM
Tarping the East upper deck will help the stadium look better on TV, as well. Last year, that area had quite a few fans in it for a few games, and the atmosphere at the stadium was great but when I looked at the game or highlights when I got home, all you could see was the sea of empty, red seats. Even low angle camera shots didn't really pick those people up. Just by putting those people into the lower bowl creates a better image for the entire in-game experience they are trying to sell. The casual fan, who watches a few minutes of the game or highlights, won't necessarily even see that the upper east is covered. Combine the free advertising of a fuller looking stadium (the place to be!) with lower prices, and I think we will see the crowd size grow as people will be more willing to take a chance on an Argo game because it'll look a little cooler and there is less financial risk.

As has been mentioned, the parking lots for tailgating are not available for several games this year, so there is no point confusing and disappointing casual fans who you might attract down by selling an atmosphere/experience includes tailgating. Besides, tailgating was Copeland's baby, and Manning is the new boss. It's no surprise that he would gas something so associated with the 'other guy'.

smokeslet'sgo
04-11-2018, 10:53 PM
Tarping the East upper deck will help the stadium look better on TV, as well. Last year, that area had quite a few fans in it for a few games, and the atmosphere at the stadium was great but when I looked at the game or highlights when I got home, all you could see was the sea of empty, red seats. Even low angle camera shots didn't really pick those people up. Just by putting those people into the lower bowl creates a better image for the entire in-game experience they are trying to sell. The casual fan, who watches a few minutes of the game or highlights, won't necessarily even see that the upper east is covered. Combine the free advertising of a fuller looking stadium (the place to be!) with lower prices, and I think we will see the crowd size grow as people will be more willing to take a chance on an Argo game because it'll look a little cooler and there is less financial risk.

As has been mentioned, the parking lots for tailgating are not available for several games this year, so there is no point confusing and disappointing casual fans who you might attract down by selling an atmosphere/experience includes tailgating. Besides, tailgating was Copeland's baby, and Manning is the new boss. It's no surprise that he would gas something so associated with the 'other guy'.

Closing off sections can look good if it's done right, like when the Argos closed off seats at the Dome in 2004-2007, like this http://www.fitnesskickboxingcanada.ca/images/argos1.jpg

but if it's done poorly, like this http://www.bluebastard.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Sad_cfl_sight.jpg
it looks terrible. I would say use tarps of Argo legends like Pinball, Theisman, Flutie etc. Not just generic tarps or even just leaving it
empty as some teams do.

ArgoFan1
04-11-2018, 11:49 PM
It was great to read that some of you were offered the cash refund. That is what I will be asking for when they call me on Thursday. The reason is only because I love my current seats and my neighbours there for the past two seasons, so have no wish to move. I could get extra tickets, but I know for sure that anyone I give them to will be expecting them for free, thinking I am not really paying for them. I had no problem giving out the free tickets we got last year....but those people ended up not going to any other games where they would have to pay. Maybe if there is an option to keep the money towards next year's tickets, I may decide on that. I can now tell the wife that with the refund in cash, I can go to the season opener in Regina !!! That sounds like a good idea.

Ron
04-12-2018, 01:12 AM

No battle. Not even a difference of opinion. (I'd take the refund in a heartbeat) Your original post had a lot of "Might" in it but this one had a lot of "Did actually buy a lot" in it. If I misunderstood that's my bad.

Rich
04-12-2018, 01:50 AM
It's an exciting time and I think you will see them get 15 to 18k a game in house like Manning said with a couple games hitting 20k

I think Manning is deliberately aiming low on the attendance predictions. I think he suspects the new low prices plus a winning team will increase demand significantly over last season, and he will take all the credit when they start selling seats in the tarped off sections. If the Ti-Cats are competitive there's no way in hell there will be fewer than 20,000 seats sold for their games in Sept and Oct. And they could sell 30,000 seats when Johnny Football comes to town, doesn't matter who he's playing for. Either way, I'd bet that those tarps will come down at least partially by the end of the season.

smokeslet'sgo
04-12-2018, 09:37 AM
I think Manning is deliberately aiming low on the attendance predictions. I think he suspects the new low prices plus a winning team will increase demand significantly over last season, and he will take all the credit when they start selling seats in the tarped off sections. If the Ti-Cats are competitive there's no way in hell there will be fewer than 20,000 seats sold for their games in Sept and Oct. And they could sell 30,000 seats when Johnny Football comes to town, doesn't matter who he's playing for. Either way, I'd bet that those tarps will come down at least partially by the end of the season.

Definitely better to have low expectations than the "oh we're gonna sell out every game and people will be fist fighting for tickets" BS we heard before the first BMO season. I knew for a fact we weren't meeting those expectations. I would consider a 15k average alright for this year.

Mightygoose
04-12-2018, 04:09 PM
Got the email today for the pre season game in Guelph. 20.00 general admission and 10.00 for students. If it wasn't a Thursday, I'd go for sure at that price.

https://mailchi.mp/493e571e4007/preseason-pre-sale-starts-now?e=d6b76e9434

In the ticket order page via U of Guelph the header says

Join us as the Toronto Argonauts take their pre season on the road for an inaugural game here in Guelph at Alumni Stadium!

Will this be the case every year going forward. To bad they couldn't get Varsity even with a 4200 ST base they'll fill it at the above price-point

ArgoZ
04-12-2018, 07:36 PM
Inaugural? Good find. If that was the case, you would figure it would have been planned better and certainly sooner. The reason was given due to re-sodding.

I wouldn't be opposed to camp and pre-season every year in Guelph. It could become a nice yearly setup.

Argocister
04-15-2018, 12:48 AM
Mmmmmm.....preseason in Guelph every year! ..... but plan it for a Saturday ....and we can Tailgate! ( they have tailgating there .... Had it during all the Ticats games when they played there. )

BATKINSON001
04-15-2018, 11:04 AM
Anyone know where training camp and fanday will be held? if it's guelph then I wont be going to fan day. They should keep it at york, last years' fan day was pretty good.

mchesher03
04-17-2018, 09:01 AM
Wait did anyone successfully received a refund instead of a credit? I straight up asked my ticket rep for a refund and was told that wasn’t an option, I’ll be a little perturbed if that wasn’t true (although good for whoever did actually get the difference refunded)

I like where my current seats are, I don’t feel like moving just because the price points have changed. Anyhow I’m tempted to call back if others have got that money refunded, it’s odd to me that they need to essentially hold that overage hostage for a season as our “reward” for renewing early.

BATKINSON001
04-17-2018, 09:19 AM
Wait did anyone successfully received a refund instead of a credit? I straight up asked my ticket rep for a refund and was told that wasn’t an option, I’ll be a little perturbed if that wasn’t true (although good for whoever did actually get the difference refunded)

I like where my current seats are, I don’t feel like moving just because the price points have changed. Anyhow I’m tempted to call back if others have got that money refunded, it’s odd to me that they need to essentially hold that overage hostage for a season as our “reward” for renewing early.
some fans on Facebook are saying they got refund and that it depends on the ticket rep.

AngeloV
04-17-2018, 11:03 AM

I personally left the credit in my account, but there is no way they wouldn't do a reversal for the amount of the credit on your credit card. Your rep probably misunderstood the options they have.

mchesher03
04-17-2018, 12:11 PM
Yeah I assume the same thing, anyhow I’ll call again and get that done, no harm no foul in the long run.

Argo57
04-17-2018, 05:46 PM
I personally left the credit in my account, but there is no way they wouldn't do a reversal for the amount of the credit on your credit card. Your rep probably misunderstood the options they have.

I talked to my ticket rep this morning and was told I will get a credit back on my credit card but it will take a couple of weeks to happen.
Like many I like where my seats are and will stay where I am.

BATKINSON001
04-17-2018, 08:05 PM
I spoke to the mlse guy today and I bought a second seat using my credit and paying another $19, so I can bring a friend.

I was Introduced to the CFL and the Argos this way in 2009, hopefully I can do the same for someone else.

ArgoFan1
04-17-2018, 11:16 PM
I spoke with a rep and exchanged a couple emails and he still doesn't seem to get it, or say for sure that I can get a refund. He said he'd call me again this week to talk about it. If refunds are being given, that is what I want. I like my seats and neighbours. Hopefully they don't move !!

Downtownfan
04-18-2018, 09:49 AM
I am in the same boat-- I asked for the refund since I like my seats and felt no need to upgrade or get more seats (for now), and my rep said that it would come "eventually" after they figured things out (he was not exactly clear on this). So it may take some time to show up on my credit card. For now the credit stays in my account, and I suspect that I may have to pursue it. My worry is that they will say something like "yes, you can use your credit, to buy your seasons for next year, or for some fancy new merch."

I also asked about whether or not they will tarp the Upper East, and he said they looked into it and it was too expensive to do, so it will be just a big red blob which is unfortunate to say the least. The capacity with the new North seats is about 19,000, and he said that they would likely open the upper east seats for playoffs. All in all, I am left a little uneasy.

Will
04-18-2018, 10:08 AM
I just had my call with a sales rep. I elected to use the credit on a game-by-game basis to bring friends.

AngeloV
04-18-2018, 10:16 AM
I just had my call with a sales rep. I elected to use the credit on a game-by-game basis to bring friends.

That's my plan too.

RB957
04-18-2018, 10:46 AM

Just had my call this morning as well... I asked for a refund and was told that all MLSE were doing currently is upgrading seats or adding additional seats. I was told those that would prefer a refund would be contacted again in about a month. Doesn't seem to be an issue if you want the money back, although they would obviously prefer to hang on to it as a credit.

Neely2005
04-18-2018, 02:51 PM
Just had my call this morning as well... I asked for a refund and was told that all MLSE were doing currently is upgrading seats or adding additional seats. I was told those that would prefer a refund would be contacted again in about a month. Doesn't seem to be an issue if you want the money back, although they would obviously prefer to hang on to it as a credit.

Reading through this Thread it sounds like different people are being told different things in regards to refunds.

smokeslet'sgo
04-18-2018, 04:00 PM
he said they looked into it and it was too expensive to do, so it will be just a big red blob which is unfortunate to say the least.

Holy moly, how cheap are these guys?? The main purpose of eliminating seats from inventory is to REDUCE the number of empty seats, which means covering them up like they aren't there. Just leaving them won't add to the atmosphere, it will look the same as every other year. Honestly how much would a one-time cost of a few tarps be? A few hundred bucks?

Argo57
04-18-2018, 06:29 PM
Reading through this Thread it sounds like different people are being told different things in regards to refunds.

Piss poor and unprofessional for an organization trying to build back their fan base.

Neely2005
04-18-2018, 07:03 PM
Holy moly, how cheap are these guys?? The main purpose of eliminating seats from inventory is to REDUCE the number of empty seats, which means covering them up like they aren't there. Just leaving them won't add to the atmosphere, it will look the same as every other year. Honestly how much would a one-time cost of a few tarps be? A few hundred bucks?

What ever happened to the nice big player tarps that they used in the 500 level at the Rogers Centre?

paulwoods13
04-18-2018, 09:01 PM
What ever happened to the nice big player tarps that they used in the 500 level at the Rogers Centre?

I'm sure they are long gone. The org has a sad history of losing/throwing away historical artifacts. It has happened through multiple ownership groups over the years. (Also, who knows if those tarps would fit the space but it seems unlikely they'd be a perfect fit.)

Tipper1983
04-18-2018, 11:09 PM

I had my call with them on Monday (New dude unfortunately, I had Donny last few years and the guy was a gem)

After working me with a hard upsell on moving my seats or having the account credit, I stood firm on having the refund to my card. He wasn't really enthused but said that it wasn't a problem. However said that it wouldn't happen overnight but down the road at a later date as "they have lots to sort out" So whatever that means, But to answer your question, yes I did get the refund....sorta lol

PullTogether73
04-18-2018, 11:13 PM
Having read the post about no tarps covering the closed off upper east side sections, along with the apparent disarray with regard to the credits in our accounts and how they can be used or refunded, I am definitely NOT impressed with the new regime so far.
:(

It's still early I guess.

smokeslet'sgo
04-18-2018, 11:59 PM
Having read the post about no tarps covering the closed off upper east side sections, along with the apparent disarray with regard to the credits in our accounts and how they can be used or refunded, I am definitely NOT impressed with the new regime so far.
:(

It's still early I guess.

In 2016 and 2017, the only thing done wrong was the ticket prices. In 2018, the only thing done right is the ticket prices.

Rich
04-19-2018, 12:18 AM
In 2016 and 2017, the only thing done wrong was the ticket prices. In 2018, the only thing done right is the ticket prices.

This should be their marketing slogan for the year.

Scooter McCray
04-19-2018, 08:13 AM
Maybe it is my Argo bias but it feels as though MLSE are taking the "fly by the seat of your pants" approach with all things Argo and are making it all up as they go.

Everyone (including Manning and MLSE personnel) now ask themselves the question if that is the approach they use when it comes to their other teams.

The honest answer is one I don't wish to hear. And that answer is at the root of why it is always 1 step forward and 2 steps back with this team. We need people that care and give a crap about our team. I guarantee you Manning gives a crap about TFC, Ujiri gives a crap about the Raptors and Shannahan gives a crap about the Leafs.

Just by slotting the Argos in with Manning and TFC kind of tells the story. They will be an afterthought and when I am done with my real job I will deal with this. No slight to Manning but if he is honest his real focus is on TFC. The Argos have a real fan problem. They need full time attention from an all in executive.

BATKINSON001
04-19-2018, 09:14 AM
.... Just by slotting the Argos in with Manning and TFC kind of tells the story. They will be an afterthought and when I am done with my real job I will deal with this. No slight to Manning but if he is honest his real focus is on TFC. The Argos have a real fan problem. They need full time attention from an all in executive.yup. give pinball the job.

Mightygoose
04-19-2018, 02:00 PM
Had a call from the rep today. Very pleasant experience and a seat next to our opened up so we upgraded from 2 to 3.

When I got the email I noticed he was from group sales which tells me people are working overflow which will explain why people are getting different answers. I know from being in group sales, policies are different from non groups and policies differ from people working for different brands (i.e. Raptors 905).

Considering they're under new ownership and management for the 2nd off season out of 3, I know first hand it's not business as usual and it will take some time to get their **** back in order.

They really need to communicate better, otherwise I no issues with their off season plan off field so far.

argolio
04-19-2018, 10:57 PM
Maybe it is my Argo bias but it feels as though MLSE are taking the "fly by the seat of your pants" approach with all things Argo and are making it all up as they go.

Everyone (including Manning and MLSE personnel) now ask themselves the question if that is the approach they use when it comes to their other teams.

The honest answer is one I don't wish to hear. And that answer is at the root of why it is always 1 step forward and 2 steps back with this team. We need people that care and give a crap about our team. I guarantee you Manning gives a crap about TFC, Ujiri gives a crap about the Raptors and Shannahan gives a crap about the Leafs.

Just by slotting the Argos in with Manning and TFC kind of tells the story. They will be an afterthought and when I am done with my real job I will deal with this. No slight to Manning but if he is honest his real focus is on TFC. The Argos have a real fan problem. They need full time attention from an all in executive.Manning deserves time to see what he can do, but I can't deny that I've had similar thoughts a few times.

Scooter McCray
04-20-2018, 08:28 AM
Manning deserves time to see what he can do, but I can't deny that I've had similar thoughts a few times.I in no way am implying he is not smart or capable. I am just saying the Argos are not his only responsibility. The Argos at this time require a lot of attention and care and focus just to get back to respectability off the field. I just don't believe he has the bandwidth to do that. And I don't want to hear about delegation to subordinates. Everyone takes their lead from the top. What the vision is, what the plan is, what the passion is for the job.

Neely2005
04-20-2018, 09:31 AM
I had my phone call a couple days ago, took a full refund and voiced my displeasure about the Tailgate being cancelled (I'll post more about that in the Tailgate Thread) I was told that the refund would be processed on or after May 18th.

ArgoZ
04-20-2018, 06:01 PM
My ticket rep Ricardo is great. Tried to sell me the upgrade. His job, I understand. Upgrade was actually very decent and still gave me a refund. I stood firm and asked for the refund (I really do love my seats and the new price). Refund won’t be issued for a few weeks. So yes and sorta for me too.

Kenners
04-20-2018, 07:47 PM
Had a call from the rep today. Very pleasant experience and a seat next to our opened up so we upgraded from 2 to 3.

When I got the email I noticed he was from group sales which tells me people are working overflow which will explain why people are getting different answers. I know from being in group sales, policies are different from non groups and policies differ from people working for different brands (i.e. Raptors 905).

Considering they're under new ownership and management for the 2nd off season out of 3, I know first hand it's not business as usual and it will take some time to get their **** back in order.

They really need to communicate better, otherwise I no issues with their off season plan off field so far.

I did the same, the extra seat gives me a chance to bring my little brother to a bunch of games and reserves that seat for my son who is 1 1/2 now but will be 2 next season. And I still have like 200 and change on my account. Which I'll use next year. honestly I was pleasantly surprised to hear about the price drop, I get to bring more people along.

In regards to losing the tailgate. Honestly as much as it was a cool idea, never went. Preferred to hit the shipyard, even when I drove. Not a huge loss for me, tbh.

wewantthecup
04-20-2018, 09:19 PM
I had my phone call a couple days ago, took a full refund and voiced my displeasure about the Tailgate being cancelled (I'll post more about that in the Tailgate Thread) I was told that the refund would be processed on or after May 18th.

Funny I was told no refunds? How did you manage that?

Neely2005
04-20-2018, 09:33 PM
Funny I was told no refunds? How did you manage that?

I told them I wanted a refund and I wasn't happy about the Tailgates being cancelled. It was a very quick call, they didn't put up any resistance to giving me a refund. The rep said that they've been getting a lot of negative feedback about the Tailgate being cancelled.

R.J
04-21-2018, 12:37 AM
I told them I wanted a refund and I wasn't happy about the Tailgates being cancelled. It was a very quick call, they didn't put up any resistance to giving me a refund. The rep said that they've been getting a lot of negative feedback about the Tailgate being cancelled.
By a lot you mean a couple of hundred, or is this another scenario where the phones were ringing off the hook, and we're talking tens of thousands ?

Neely2005
04-21-2018, 07:47 AM
By a lot you mean a couple of hundred, or is this another scenario where the phones were ringing off the hook, and we're talking tens of thousands ?

I don't know, just passing on what I was told.

Neely2005
05-22-2018, 12:53 PM

I followed up via Email a few weeks ago and was told that all refunds would be processed By May 15th. I just logged into my credit card account online and I still haven't received my refund. Has anyone received their refund yet?

Shatto
05-22-2018, 01:33 PM
Just checked --no refund to credit card as of today.

Neely2005
05-22-2018, 02:32 PM
Thanks, I Emailed them again and they said that the refunds were delayed and we will see them by the end of the week.

Neely2005
05-27-2018, 01:20 PM
Thanks, I Emailed them again and they said that the refunds were delayed and we will see them by the end of the week.

Checked online, still haven't received my refund. I will follow up with them yet again.

Shatto
05-27-2018, 08:30 PM
Lot's of luck. Mine hasn't come through either.

Argo57
05-28-2018, 08:15 PM
I was told today that the refunds should be processed before June 23rd.

RB957
05-29-2018, 03:50 PM
I was told today that the refunds should be processed before June 23rd.

I was told the same thing. Woo hoo. Consistency in messaging, at long last. LOL.

Downtownfan
05-29-2018, 06:10 PM
I got a call Friday and they left a voicemail saying that I could call them to get my refund. So, it seems it is indeed happening.

Neely2005
06-23-2018, 11:26 AM
Checked online, still haven't received my refund. I will follow up with them yet again.

Finally received my refund.

ArgoZ
06-23-2018, 04:33 PM
Interesting find: The box that contains the replica ring says Season Ticket Holder Gift. I would guess the rings were originally intended for so, but to boost home opener attendance and promote the Shipyard, plans changed. I wonder if our gift will be better, worse or the rings themselves!

ArgoZ
06-23-2018, 05:32 PM
Update: My ring is WAY bigger than others! I guess ST holders get different rings.

Argos1983
06-23-2018, 05:39 PM
Update: My ring is WAY bigger than others! I guess ST holders get different rings.

I'm assuming this is a joke (smirk) --- either way - can someone please post pictures of the "bling" and the note inside indicating this was intended as a STH gift.......

Any updates on approximate numbers at the shipyard as of now?

ArgoZ
06-23-2018, 05:49 PM
For a pic, check out my twitter @argonuts. Still hundreds of rings left at 5:50pm (I see the boxes). Most boxes just say Championship Ring while ours say ST gift. The regular rings still look good and actually fit people’s fingers better. Mine is HUGE!

Argos1983
06-23-2018, 08:51 PM
^Thanks

ArgoGabe22
06-23-2018, 10:47 PM
How would they know you're a STH? Looked like there was only one tent.

Will
06-23-2018, 10:55 PM

From my perspective, the fact that season ticket holders were supposed to get larger rings was not clear. I'm happy with the smaller one as it fits, but I don't really know how much I'll wear it.

lazycro
06-23-2018, 11:36 PM
Mine says championship and I showed them my season ticket

Will
06-23-2018, 11:37 PM
Mine says championship and I showed them my season ticket

Maybe that's how they were distinguishing--but some STH must print off their tickets off the account manager, no?

lazycro
06-24-2018, 12:02 AM
Maybe that's how they were distinguishing--but some STH must print off their tickets off the account manager, no?

I highly doubt it is the actual gift. I think they ended up ordering more rings but cheaped out on them for the remainder of the give away.

My package clearly had a note that said instructions would be included regarding the STH gift and there was nothing indicating to go anywhere to pick up a special ring made for me.

doubleblue
06-24-2018, 12:12 AM
I didn't get there in time for a ring. As a STH I hope I can get one eventually. One of the guys I sit near showed me his. They are rather impressive and are not made out of plastic. Surprised at the weight of them.

Good to see the west side of BMO filled up. I think that would be the first time since the move to BMO for that.

ArgoZ
06-24-2018, 12:13 AM

There was only one tent. I did see many ST holders get the smaller ring, so there may not be any reason to it. I did get my ring around 3:45pm, so I was one of the first. It says ST holder gift on the box, is about twice the size of the other version, comes in a velvet bag and has no display stand (smaller version does). Maybe they accidentally gave out some wrong ones, who knows!? What ring did everyone else get?

BATKINSON001
06-24-2018, 12:30 AM
There was only one tent. I did see many ST holders get the smaller ring, so there may not be any reason to it. I did get my ring around 3:45pm, so I was one of the first. It says ST holder gift on the box, is about twice the size of the other version, comes in a velvet bag and has no display stand (smaller version does). Maybe they accidentally gave out some wrong ones, who knows!? What ring did everyone else get?they did give out the wrong ones. Had I known about the STH one I would have asked for it as well.

Now how will I get my other ring as there are probably none left.

lazycro
06-24-2018, 12:44 AM
There was only one tent. I did see many ST holders get the smaller ring, so there may not be any reason to it. I did get my ring around 3:45pm, so I was one of the first. It says ST holder gift on the box, is about twice the size of the other version, comes in a velvet bag and has no display stand (smaller version does). Maybe they accidentally gave out some wrong ones, who knows!? What ring did everyone else get?

I'll talk to James on Monday

argofan81
06-24-2018, 07:52 PM
I'll talk to James on Monday

Please let us know what he says. I heard rumours of there being a STH ring so asked at the tent when I picked up my ring (at about 5:00) as I am a STH and nobody knew anything about it. I won’t be wearing the ring either way — i’m Allergic to nickel (which is typically what cheap metal is made of) and I have small hands so even the smaller one looks ridiculous. Would be nice to have both versions to add to my Argos collection though.

Argo57
06-24-2018, 09:43 PM
Please let us know what he says. I heard rumours of there being a STH ring so asked at the tent when I picked up my ring (at about 5:00) as I am a STH and nobody knew anything about it. I won’t be wearing the ring either way — i’m Allergic to nickel (which is typically what cheap metal is made of) and I have small hands so even the smaller one looks ridiculous. Would be nice to have both versions to add to my Argos collection though.

Nickel?
I thought it was 18 carat gold and diamonds.....WTF!

R.J
06-25-2018, 04:45 PM
The big rings will be sent out to season ticket holders (via purolator). The small ones were just a marketing thing for the home opener to get people to check out the Shipyard. Or so I was told today.

argofan81
06-25-2018, 04:48 PM
The big rings will be sent out to season ticket holders (via purolator). The small ones were just a marketing thing for the home opener to get people to check out the Shipyard. Or so I was told today.

So are they the STH gift that was mentioned in our ticket packages?

BATKINSON001
06-25-2018, 05:11 PM
So are they the STH gift that was mentioned in our ticket packages?yes they are. As the boxes of some of the ones mistakenly handed out at the shipyard were labled season ticket holder gift.

Argo57
06-25-2018, 05:58 PM

I was told the exact same thing RJ.

doubleblue
06-26-2018, 08:36 AM

I didn't get one yet. My tickets were delivered though.

GregR
06-26-2018, 11:00 AM
Good to hear. Unbelievable that they would make rings for STH and then zero communication to that effect. I was there early, showed my season ticket, and was given the same smaller ring as everyone else. Same with my buddy.

PullTogether73
06-26-2018, 11:09 AM
Good to hear. Unbelievable that they would make rings for STH and then zero communication to that effect. I was there early, showed my season ticket, and was given the same smaller ring as everyone else. Same with my buddy.

Communication is not a strong suit of this management team.:(

ArgoGabe22
06-26-2018, 11:10 AM

At least Copeland is gone :p

lazycro
06-26-2018, 11:57 AM
But I don't want another ring? Give me something good! not a 2 ft blanket either that comes to my kneecaps

R.J
06-26-2018, 11:58 AM
I didn't get one yet. My tickets were delivered though.
The rings haven't been sent out yet. Within the next two weeks they'll be sent out via purolator.

lazycro
06-26-2018, 12:06 PM
The rings haven't been sent out yet. Within the next two weeks they'll be sent out via purolator.

Oh Purolator.... great...... means I get to go to Concord again and have to guess when it will be there since they don't leave me notices.

argofan81
06-26-2018, 12:12 PM
SMH

They haven't been sent out yet. And why would they communicate what the STH gift would be ? Did they do so any other year ?

My take on the whole thing is that they always planned on having a 'better' version of the rings to give out to season ticket holders at a later date. By some comedic error, a couple (or few) of the boxes containing the STH rings got mixed up with the boxes of rings that were purchased for The Shipyard promotion. The staff at The Shipyard had no knowledge that there were supposed to be a different version of the ring hence why they were distributed to anyone and everyone on Saturday. The only problem with the mix-up is that it lead to rumours flying at The Shipyard and since staff didn't have knowledge about there being two different rings, they were unable to address the rumours. Had the mix-up with the boxes not occurred, none of us STH would have been any the wiser. At the end of the day, there really is no harm, no foul, so long as STH receive a gift (hopefully we all receive the same one) as we were promised by management.

argofan81
06-26-2018, 12:25 PM

IMO they didn't have to communicate prior to The Shipyard what our gift was going to be or when we would be receiving it since it has already been stated that we would be receiving our STH gift at a later date. However, now that management is aware that there was some sort of mixup and that rings that were intended for STH were inadvertently (giving them the benefit of the doubt here) distributed at The Shipyard on Saturday, it would now be nice for us STH to receive some communication from them. An email along the lines of...."Oops, sorry, we have been made aware that there was a mixup. Here's the scoop on the situation and here is how we are going to resolve it."

R.J
06-26-2018, 12:35 PM
There was no mix up.

The big ring is the season ticket holder gift. Essentially what happened is when the team was originally talking to the provider/manufacturer some of the marketing higher ups liked the idea, so 2 rings were ordered (the big one and small one); they were then given the thumps up. Later on because of the fact that a couple hundred more of the big rings were ordered (team was projecting more season ticket holders) there was a bunch of 'extras" which were lumped in with the Shipyard/smaller ring promo. Hence why there were two different numbers originally communicated: 6,000 and 6,500. Some people got lucky and got the big ring - that's it. Every seat on your STH account will receive a big Grey Cup ring.

argofan81
06-26-2018, 12:41 PM
There was no mix up.

The big ring is the season ticket holder gift. Essentially what happened is when the team was originally talking to the provider/manufacturer some of the marketing higher ups liked the idea, so 2 rings were ordered (the big one and small one); they were then given the thumps up. Later on because of the fact that a couple hundred more of the big rings were ordered (team was projecting more season ticket holders) there was a bunch of 'extras" which were lumped in with the Shipyard/smaller ring promo. Hence why there were two different numbers originally communicated: 6,000 and 6,500. Some people got lucky and got the big ring - that's it. Every seat on your STH account will receive a big Grey Cup ring.

I prefer to think that there was a mixup thanks. Why should someone who isn't a STH receive the same gift that I am receiving as a STH. If what you are saying is true, then that is a mistake on the team's part and only further leads to the already too common perception that Argos management undervalues their STHs. If there were 'extras', I would have preferred that they be given to STHs at The Shipyard on a first come, first serve basis.

R.J
06-26-2018, 12:44 PM
The sense of entitlement is unbearable around here.

Neely2005
06-26-2018, 12:47 PM
Oh Purolator.... great...... means I get to go to Concord again and have to guess when it will be there since they don't leave me notices.

I just happened to catch the Purolator guy trying to leave without ringing the doorbell when they delivered my season tickets.

Purolator will do 1 redelivery attempt for a day you choose if you call them.

ArgoGabe22
06-26-2018, 12:49 PM
I prefer to think that there was a mixup thanks. Why should someone who isn't a STH receive the same gift that I am receiving as a STH. If what you are saying is true, then that is a mistake on the team's part and only further leads to the already too common perception that Argos management undervalues their STHs. If there were 'extras', I would have preferred that they be given to STHs at The Shipyard on a first come, first serve basis.

As long as I (and we, as STHs) get one, who cares. They saved money on a larger order and had some extras lying around. Admittedly, I also double dipped last year and got more bobble heads than I was supposed to. I'm sure other STHs also took advantage....

R.J
06-26-2018, 12:49 PM
As long as I (and we, as STHs) get one, who cares. They saved money on a larger order and had some extras lying around. Admittedly, I also double dipped last year and got more bobble heads than I was supposed to. I'm sure other STHs also took advantage....
How dare you! lol

PullTogether73
06-26-2018, 01:23 PM

Agreed.
However, what of those STHs who were not sure that the rings are the STH gift and went down early to get one?
I almost did this.
I would be p/o'd to learn that I went to the game three hours early to get a gift which I was going to get anyway (and a better one at that!).

Again, COMMUNICATE with your (supposedly) most valuable clients!!!

Will
06-26-2018, 02:38 PM
There is no doubt that communication on these issues (and others) needs vast improvement.

ArgoZ
06-26-2018, 07:35 PM
There was no mix up.

Makes sense. I want the small one though, already got the big one! Anyone want to trade?

lazycro
06-27-2018, 12:42 PM
Makes sense. I want the small one though, already got the big one! Anyone want to trade?

I've got two extra not spoken for, I can hook ya up

Argos1983
06-27-2018, 01:45 PM

I have an extra small "ring" if you have a bigger version of it to trade in kind.

ArgoGabe22
06-27-2018, 03:46 PM
I know someone looking to buy one, if anyone has an extra.

Shatto
06-27-2018, 05:32 PM
I just checked and there is no refund from the Argos credited to my card as of this afternoon. Wasn't this transaction supposed to occur by June 23? Has anyone received a refund? Just wondering.

PullTogether73
06-27-2018, 06:30 PM
I know someone looking to buy one, if anyone has an extra.

Have you directed this person to kijiji.ca?
There are a couple of listings there with rings for sale.
Only $70!
:ohno:

Will
06-27-2018, 06:31 PM
Have you directed this person to kijiji.ca?
There are a couple of listings there with rings for sale.
Only $70!
:ohno:

It was inevitable, sadly.

R.J
06-27-2018, 06:31 PM
How did people get more than one ring ?
I tried to get one for my cousin who's the other seat on my account, but wasn't allowed to.

Will
06-27-2018, 06:32 PM
I tried to get one for my cousin who's the other seat on my account, but wasn't allowed to.

It wasn't 1 ticket = 1 ring?

R.J
06-27-2018, 06:35 PM
That's what I'm trying to figure out.
With the Flutie bobble heads you could either get one at the door, and/or go to the season ticket booth and get one, so I know a bunch of people that got two. But this time it seemed like they fixed that, with having to go up with your ticket.

ArgoZ
06-27-2018, 06:56 PM
I just checked and there is no refund from the Argos credited to my card as of this afternoon. Wasn't this transaction supposed to occur by June 23? Has anyone received a refund? Just wondering.

I asked my ticket rep what's up on Saturday and he said I should see the credit on my next statement.

Argo57
06-27-2018, 06:57 PM
I asked my ticket rep what's up on Saturday and he said I should see the credit on my next statement.

Same here.

1971GreyCup
06-27-2018, 07:01 PM

I had four tickets = picked up 4 rings.

ArgoGabe22
06-27-2018, 10:16 PM
If I had a child and they had a ticket, I’m for sure stealing their ring ;)

Neely2005
06-27-2018, 10:50 PM

Yes I received my refund.

Neely2005
06-27-2018, 10:51 PM

It was for us. I went up by myself and got one per ticket. They stamped each ticket.

BATKINSON001
06-28-2018, 09:33 AM
I had four tickets = picked up 4 rings. Same here.

lazycro
06-28-2018, 10:23 AM
It would have been easy to double dip on it tbh.

I showed them my tickets on the phone, they asked if everyone for the tickets were there, I walked away with my rings.

Mind you I'm giving two away to others with one sitting here at workfor display.

PullTogether73
06-28-2018, 12:02 PM
It would have been easy to double dip on it tbh.

I showed them my tickets on the phone, they asked if everyone for the tickets were there, I walked away with my rings.

Mind you I'm giving two away to others with one sitting here at workfor display.

I trust that the others are huge Argonauts fans who would normally have attended the game, rather than some idiotic swag collectors who like shiny things.

Billspreseason
06-28-2018, 01:37 PM
FYI, just spoke to my ticket rep. The bigger STH rings will be available July 7th at the Shipyard. I imagine you have to flash that Season ticket card to get them, and that they'll have a way of tracking who got them already.

lazycro
06-28-2018, 02:15 PM
I trust that the others are huge Argonauts fans who would normally have attended the game, rather than some idiotic swag collectors who like shiny things.

One attended the game but showed up late, he is a STH so I'm sure he could just grab his own ring as well and one is someone from here who was asking for one of the smaller ones.

R.J
06-28-2018, 02:58 PM
FYI, just spoke to my ticket rep. The bigger STH rings will be available July 7th at the Shipyard. I imagine you have to flash that Season ticket card to get them, and that they'll have a way of tracking who got them already.
The fans who don't seem to like Purolator will be happy about this.

PullTogether73
06-28-2018, 04:47 PM
One attended the game but showed up late, he is a STH so I'm sure he could just grab his own ring as well and one is someone from here who was asking for one of the smaller ones.

Awesome!
Good to hear.

I thought they were typical Torontonians who aren't really sports fans - or at least Argonauts fans - and merely wanted to collect (and possibly sell) swag.

R.J
06-28-2018, 06:53 PM
Awesome!
Good to hear.

I thought they were typical Torontonians who aren't really sports fans - or at least Argonauts fans - and merely wanted to collect (and possibly sell) swag.
That's being done anyways. I've seen more than a few on Kijiji and ebay.

ArgoZ
06-28-2018, 07:25 PM

Impossible to track. If you were one of the first ones at the Shipyard (3:30pm when it opened) and had a ticket, you got one.

Awesome!
Good to hear.

One is me! While I think the big rings are awesome, I want to actually wear my ring to games (with the abilty to clap) and I need the small one for this.

matthew
06-28-2018, 10:13 PM
My non-STH ring has a missing blue diamond. Tears...

Shatto
06-28-2018, 11:24 PM
Checked on refund today. The rep was very co-operative and informative. For some reason my refund had not been initiated---will be about a month---so much for long tem seniority!

Just an aside--if you call the phone number on the Argo Front Office web page (416-341-2700) you get any recording welcoming you to MLSE -the home of the Leafs, Raptors, TFC and the Marlies. Wait----how long does it take to update phone numbers? Either this is the most disorganized management since "The Gang Couldn't Shoot Straight" or they just don't care.

Neely2005
06-29-2018, 09:13 AM
Checked on refund today. The rep was very co-operative and informative. For some reason my refund had not been initiated---will be about a month---so much for long tem seniority!

Just an aside--if you call the phone number on the Argo Front Office web page (416-341-2700) you get any recording welcoming you to MLSE -the home of the Leafs, Raptors, TFC and the Marlies. Wait----how long does it take to update phone numbers? Either this is the most disorganized management since "The Gang Couldn't Shoot Straight" or they just don't care.

It's MLSE you really shouldn't be surprised. They can't even update the Argonauts website, or add an Out Of Office / Redirect an Email address when an employee leaves.

BATKINSON001
06-29-2018, 12:44 PM
It's MLSE you really shouldn't be surprised. They can't even update the Argonauts website, or add an Out Of Office / Redirect an Email address when an employee leaves.

Just call the original Argos number and avoid that hassle, every time I call, at least recently, I got a person.

CBlake
06-29-2018, 04:27 PM
How much smaller is the promo Grey Cup ring than the STH? I was given the STH one by a friend and it is monster, have no idea how anyone is expected to wear it.

Argo57
06-29-2018, 07:51 PM
How much smaller is the promo Grey Cup ring than the STH? I was given the STH one by a friend and it is monster, have no idea how anyone is expected to wear it.

My ticket guy said it’s actually a paperweight.

herrington2828
07-05-2018, 02:38 PM
just an update on my experiment after 13 years of STH ... used to pay $35/game for 5 yard line seats.

It is quite sad and I wish I had more positive things to say right no about prices and demand ...

OPENER - sat midfield for $30/piece
Just bought similar seats to my old ones in 120 for ... $17/piece on stubhub CDN ...they actually had end zone seats listed for USD $6 earlier today :'(.

Here's hoping demand picks up as the dates/times get better

smokeslet'sgo
07-06-2018, 10:12 PM
just an update on my experiment after 13 years of STH ... used to pay $35/game for 5 yard line seats.

It is quite sad and I wish I had more positive things to say right no about prices and demand ...

OPENER - sat midfield for $30/piece
Just bought similar seats to my old ones in 120 for ... $17/piece on stubhub CDN ...they actually had end zone seats listed for USD $6 earlier today :'(.

Here's hoping demand picks up as the dates/times get better

This isn't uncommon, I actually went to a White Sox game in May for less than that. Any game that isn't sold out will see a huge dip in resale price as sellers try to get rid of tickets.

As much as I want to support the team financially, I also have a tight budget to keep so I snagged one of those $6 tickets. I'll have a few beers to make up for it lol

GregR
07-09-2018, 02:17 PM

So I was at the Shipyard and didn't see any rings??

BATKINSON001
07-09-2018, 02:34 PM
So I was at the Shipyard and didn't see any rings?? Wern't available this game, hopefully next game. if not I will have to go get mine as I do not trust Purolator (and I am moving at the end of the month).

GregR
07-23-2018, 02:52 PM
Whatever happened to those special rings for STH??

BATKINSON001
07-23-2018, 02:57 PM
Whatever happened to those special rings for STH??no idea, can't get an answer out of the Argos. Knowing my luck they will be given out at a game I don't go to.

doubleblue
07-23-2018, 05:42 PM
no idea, can't get an answer out of the Argos. Knowing my luck they will be given out at a game I don't go to.

I missed out on those GC rings as well. My contact told me they have something planned for us STH's that we will really like. I really just wanted the ring though. Not everybody can get to the Shipyard and stand in line. One guy told me he stood in line for 3 hrs to get the rings.

lazycro
07-23-2018, 06:04 PM
I missed out on those GC rings as well. My contact told me they have something planned for us STH's that we will really like. I really just wanted the ring though. Not everybody can get to the Shipyard and stand in line. One guy told me he stood in line for 3 hrs to get the rings.

He's lying to you then because it was about a 10 minute line to get in and then lineup to get the rings in total.

doubleblue
07-23-2018, 06:17 PM
He's lying to you then because it was about a 10 minute line to get in and then lineup to get the rings in total.

Maybe depended on your time of arrival at the shipyard.

R.J
07-23-2018, 06:31 PM
I was told they still have the rings, but clearly haven't sent them out as of yet. Not sure why.

ArgoZ
07-23-2018, 07:35 PM
Maybe depended on your time of arrival at the shipyard.

No, Lazycro is right. There was a large lineup (maybe 500 people) at 3:00pm. 3:30pm gates opened, I arrived around 3:45 and walked up to the counter. Went back to the car to dry off and change my shirt. Headed back to the Shipyard around 5pm and stayed to 6pm. Line never looked more than 10 min at any point. There were thousands of Rings still available at 6pm. There was no reason anyone attending the game couldn't get one if they desired.

ArgoZ
07-23-2018, 07:39 PM
Yes I received my refund.

Not me. I'm a little disappointed that I haven't, after being told 3 months ago I would. I emailed my rep Hayden to ask a second time what the problem is, but no answer. I'll have to start calling.

GregR
07-24-2018, 10:54 AM
No, Lazycro is right. There was a large lineup (maybe 500 people) at 3:00pm. 3:30pm gates opened, I arrived around 3:45 and walked up to the counter. Went back to the car to dry off and change my shirt. Headed back to the Shipyard around 5pm and stayed to 6pm. Line never looked more than 10 min at any point. There were thousands of Rings still available at 6pm. There was no reason anyone attending the game couldn't get one if they desired.

Maybe some confusion. I had no problem getting the regular replica ring. But I have read here that there is supposed to be a larger version for STH. Apparently some of those were handed out by mistake at the same time as the regular ones. There was never any correspondence with STH as to them being available. I have read that they would do it at a subsequent game but nothing to my knowledge has happened since.

R.J
07-24-2018, 04:24 PM
Maybe some confusion. I had no problem getting the regular replica ring. But I have read here that there is supposed to be a larger version for STH. Apparently some of those were handed out by mistake at the same time as the regular ones. There was never any correspondence with STH as to them being available. I have read that they would do it at a subsequent game but nothing to my knowledge has happened since.
They weren't handed out by mistake. Maybe individuals handing them out didn't know the difference, but Manning & Co. knew that some were put together with the smaller rings. STH are "entitled" to the big ring, and will get one as they still have them at the office. Spoke to someone today who said the final word hasn't been given on if they're going to be shipped out to us, or handed out during a game.

moeajram
07-25-2018, 08:24 AM
This year i had upgrade my season seat from 2 to 4 as I had a couple buddies that want in with me on season tickets. I want to switch between 2 to 4 seats for about a total of three games and I was told nope we cant do that anymore, the max is 2 games. I asked my season ticket holder if he can do it this time since i have purchase 2 seats this year and he said nope. It make me upset when I go to a game on Saturday and they crowd is announced at 10,000 and they can not do me a favor by allowing me 2 switch 2 seats from one game to another game. It would be nice if it was easy to give away tickets or even sell them, but i wonder how many season seats do not get used for each game. I am going to think twice about season seats next year as it would be nice to have some flexibility with trading your tickets for games you are not able to attend. I am also thinking we should set up place on this website where people could trade tickets with each other for games they cant use. By the way it took me 2 emails and 2 calls before my request was put through to have the other games exchanged. The guy was very nice to suggest to me to purchase another 2 tickets for the game i wanted in extra 2 tickets, i told him its okay I will get them through another avenue.

doubleblue
07-25-2018, 08:38 AM
This year i had upgrade my season seat from 2 to 4 as I had a couple buddies that want in with me on season tickets. I want to switch between 2 to 4 seats for about a total of three games and I was told nope we cant do that anymore, the max is 2 games. I asked my season ticket holder if he can do it this time since i have purchase 2 seats this year and he said nope. It make me upset when I go to a game on Saturday and they crowd is announced at 10,000 and they can not do me a favor by allowing me 2 switch 2 seats from one game to another game. It would be nice if it was easy to give away tickets or even sell them, but i wonder how many season seats do not get used for each game. I am going to think twice about season seats next year as it would be nice to have some flexibility with trading your tickets for games you are not able to attend. I am also thinking we should set up place on this website where people could trade tickets with each other for games they cant use. By the way it took me 2 emails and 2 calls before my request was put through to have the other games exchanged. The guy was very nice to suggest to me to purchase another 2 tickets for the game i wanted in extra 2 tickets, i told him its okay I will get them through another avenue.

I had no trouble switching a game in the Fall I can't attend for an extra ticket for last Saturday.

lazycro
07-25-2018, 10:39 AM
I had no trouble switching a game in the Fall I can't attend for an extra ticket for last Saturday.

Yes but they do have a 2 game transfer limit this year (it was indicated when everything was sent out as well and when they announced the benefits)

This is reasonable I believe because you actually want your STH to come to those games..... It's possible that many people were trading in excessive amounts of games last year to say go to the CNE game etc.

GregR
07-25-2018, 01:07 PM
They weren't handed out by mistake. Maybe individuals handing them out didn't know the difference, but Manning & Co. knew that some were put together with the smaller rings. STH are "entitled" to the big ring, and will get one as they still have them at the office. Spoke to someone today who said the final word hasn't been given on if they're going to be shipped out to us, or handed out during a game.

OK great. Thanks for the info.

R.J
07-25-2018, 01:20 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't have any issue getting a hold on the team ?
I've called maybe 4 times this year, spoke to 3 individuals right away, and got the info I wanted or made the changes I wanted. The one time I didn't get a hold of someone: I called late in the work day; left a message, and by the next afternoon I got a call back.

AngeloV
07-25-2018, 01:46 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't have any issue getting a hold on the team ?
I've called maybe 4 times this year, spoke to 3 individuals right away, and got the info I wanted or made the changes I wanted. The one time I didn't get a hold of someone: I called late in the work day; left a message, and by the next afternoon I got a call back.

You must have a Bat phone RJ, or in this case an Argo phone.

:D

lazycro
07-25-2018, 02:45 PM

I don't have an issue with the service I receive either.. phone or email

I emailed clientservices@argonauts.ca at 2:10, I received a response at 2:40 saying the seat I wanted was available, the seat is now in my account.

AngeloV
07-25-2018, 03:15 PM

I emailed clientservices@argonauts.ca at 2:10, I received a response at 2:40 saying the seat I wanted was available, the seat is now in my account.

I've never had a problem with them either, but now if grabbing extra tickets, I just use my online Argos account manager. Very easy, and get to pick the exact seats I end up purchasing.

PullTogether73
07-25-2018, 05:37 PM
I've never had a problem getting a response from the Argos, under ANY ownership group, since about 2007 when I started going to games regularly.

R.J
07-25-2018, 05:52 PM

:D
Too bad I don't have my own Alfred.......... that dude could answer a phone.

I've never had a problem with them either, but now if grabbing extra tickets, I just use my online Argos account manager. Very easy, and get to pick the exact seats I end up purchasing.

I've never had a problem getting a response from the Argos, under ANY ownership group, since about 2007 when I started going to games regularly.
I guess we're the lucky ones then.

ArgoZ
08-03-2018, 04:06 PM
Email doesn't seem to be the Argos strength. I have never had an issue reaching someone by calling. I finally received my refund yesterday, a few days after calling. Thank goodness, now I can concentrate on football and I will be likely renewing next year.

GregR
08-07-2018, 01:47 PM
Left a message last week - no return call

Mightygoose
09-05-2018, 04:56 PM
I guess nearly everyone else received the gift email too.

https://mailchi.mp/argonauts/familtfunpackredemption-560945?e=d6b76e9434

Available as early this Saturday. Says 1 gift per account and opposed to person, as it's an enhanced gift with higher value. Does anyone know if it's still the larger replica ring?

Have they done 'per account' gifts in the past?

lazycro
09-05-2018, 06:01 PM
If it's another replica ugh

Neely2005
09-05-2018, 07:43 PM
I guess nearly everyone else received the gift email too.

https://mailchi.mp/argonauts/familtfunpackredemption-560945?e=d6b76e9434

Available as early this Saturday. Says 1 gift per account and opposed to person, as it's an enhanced gift with higher value. Does anyone know if it's still the larger replica ring?

Have they done 'per account' gifts in the past?

They've never done per account season ticket holder gifts as long as I've been a season ticket holder. They were talking about this on 1050 this morning and apparently this is a MLSE practice.

argofan81
09-05-2018, 10:08 PM
They've never done per account season ticket holder gifts as long as I've been a season ticket holder. They were talking about this on 1050 this morning and apparently this is a MLSE practice.

What a load of BS. And yes you can call me entitled if you want. Advertised benefit for a season ticket is exclusive season ticket holder gift. Since I obviously only use one of my two tickets, I will make sure to put the second ticket in another name (hence different account) next year. That is, if I even renew.

R.J
09-06-2018, 11:08 AM
For anyone wondering: The gift is the bigger season ticket holder Grey Cup ring.

Neely2005
09-06-2018, 12:52 PM
For anyone wondering: The gift is the bigger season ticket holder Grey Cup ring.

The Ring / Paperweight?

Argo57
09-06-2018, 12:56 PM

Interesting scenario if you have 4 different people who purchase seats through one account?
Hate to complain at getting a gift from the team but it should be by the number of seats on a ST holders account especially considering the relatively small number that this represents.

Argo57
09-06-2018, 12:56 PM
The Ring / Paperweight?

That’s what I was told a few weeks ago that it was a paperweight.

argofan81
09-06-2018, 02:15 PM
Interesting scenario if you have 4 different people who purchase seats through one account?
Hate to complain at getting a gift from the team but it should be by the number of seats on a ST holders account especially considering the relatively small number that this represents.

Perhaps if they didn't give out their "extras" at the replica ring giveaway, there would have been enough for one for every seat?

AngeloV
09-06-2018, 02:35 PM

If this is in fact the case, I won't even claim mine. I wouldn't feel right taking it since there are 4 tickets on my account and 3 different people are ST holders under that account (I buy an extra ticket).

wewantthecup
09-06-2018, 03:28 PM
Perhaps if they didn't give out their "extras" at the replica ring giveaway, there would have been enough for one for every seat?

Was thinking the same thing, some non season ticket holders got one per ticket for the home opener.

Downtownfan
09-06-2018, 04:52 PM
I wasn't at the home opener, gave my 3 tix away, so I will be one of those who get the one gift, but missed out on the opener giveaway.

CBlake
09-07-2018, 12:18 AM
I have one of the larger season ticket holder gift rings , would be happy to trade it with someone for one of the smaller rings that was handed out at the season opener. PM me if interested.

HankSr
09-11-2018, 01:14 PM
Went to the table and got my gift...Yup another Ring. Apparently it is bigger like many others have said. What I don't get is who the hell in Marketing thought that handing out MORE rings was a good idea? Are these guys first year graduates?

And to be clear I don't buy season tickets for the prize at the bottom of the Cracker Jack box but if you are going to hand something out of "enhanced" value then at least do something unique. Hell I would have been happy with a couple of those season ticket lanyards from last season. But when I asked about those I was told they were TOO EXPENSIVE to repeat! SMH.

HankSr
09-11-2018, 01:23 PM
A question on Ticket Exchanges. My daughter and I go to all the games but I would like to swap my two tickets for three so my wife can come to an upcoming game. Is this tough to do? What's the process? Thanks. :)

AngeloV
09-11-2018, 02:16 PM
A question on Ticket Exchanges. My daughter and I go to all the games but I would like to swap my two tickets for three so my wife can come to an upcoming game. Is this tough to do? What's the process? Thanks. :)

Call your ticket rep. It shouldn't be difficult to accommodate you.

argofan81
09-11-2018, 04:29 PM
Went to the table and got my gift...Yup another Ring. Apparently it is bigger like many others have said. What I don't get is who the hell in Marketing thought that handing out MORE rings was a good idea? Are these guys first year graduates?

And to be clear I don't buy season tickets for the prize at the bottom of the Cracker Jack box but if you are going to hand something out of "enhanced" value then at least do something unique. Hell I would have been happy with a couple of those season ticket lanyards from last season. But when I asked about those I was told they were TOO EXPENSIVE to repeat! SMH.

I also picked up my gift from the table at the Ship Yard. The guy I talked to was a ticket rep. I inquired about the policy to only give one gift per account (as opposed to one per season seat). The rep as much admitted that the season ticket holder version was given out in error at the beginning of the season. He said that the ones that were handed out at the beginning (along with the other version) were handed out by non-ticket reps and they didn't know any different. He suggested trying to email the Argonauts (I guess your ticket rep?) and perhaps something could be done. Apparently I was not the first person to bring this up.

HankSr
09-11-2018, 11:13 PM
Call your ticket rep. It shouldn't be difficult to accommodate you.

I had one way back when but they either got promoted or left. I will give them a call and see what I can find out. Thanks.

HankSr
09-11-2018, 11:17 PM
I also picked up my gift from the table at the Ship Yard. The guy I talked to was a ticket rep. I inquired about the policy to only give one gift per account (as opposed to one per season seat). The rep as much admitted that the season ticket holder version was given out in error at the beginning of the season. He said that the ones that were handed out at the beginning (along with the other version) were handed out by non-ticket reps and they didn't know any different. He suggested trying to email the Argonauts (I guess your ticket rep?) and perhaps something could be done. Apparently I was not the first person to bring this up.

I guess my point is that the Argos and MLSE really don't seem to put much thought into this type of thing. Again it is not a game breaker for me but I guess part of me likes to think that if you are putting out money up front and showing your love for your team that some of that would be returned. I honestly have not got that impression from most of the people within the organization that I have dealt with. The only exception would be the person that called and asked if I would be willing to donate part of my credit to buying tickets for kids that couldn't afford to come to a game. And yeah I ponied up $100 but other than that it has been pretty much "warm milk" from this organization.

Saugonaut
09-12-2018, 09:23 AM
Hard agree regarding the season ticket lanyards.

AngeloV
09-12-2018, 10:05 AM
Hard agree regarding the season ticket lanyards.

For me, I found the lanyard as a useless gift, but that's just me. I'm not a fan of carrying my ticket around my neck. I actually just download the ticket from my account onto my phone now, and let the scanner scan my phone. Personally, I loved the touques they gave us a couple of years ago as a gift. The caps we got about 10 years or so ago were also great.

ArgoZ
09-21-2018, 11:25 PM
Prukop, Laing, Wilder and a few others were calling ST holders up yesterday and thanking them for the support. Pretty cool!

HankSr
09-29-2018, 12:54 AM
Agree 100% I got a call from Laing but missed it because I was in a meeting. I saved the message though!

doubleblue
09-29-2018, 04:54 PM
I wish Trestman would call me so I could give him a piece of my mind about freezing out Carter with the season on the line.

Argofan_1000
09-30-2018, 07:39 PM
made something with the season tickets for the grand kids. Cut the photo on a season ticket outlining the player in the photo, bent the bottom in order to create the cutout standing up. Cutout a support for the back and scotch taped it into position to strengthen the cutout. Also put the cutout leaning back a bit. They look good.

Have one at work and had to make 2 more for a couple of guys that follow the Argos. I will post a photo. If they printed the schedule on the back of these photos then it would serve a dual purpose. They do look good.

If you have season tickets then you know what I am talking about.

Argofan_1000
10-01-2018, 06:26 PM
made something with the season tickets for the grand kids. Cut the photo on a season ticket outlining the player in the photo, bent the bottom in order to create the cutout standing up. Cutout a support for the back and scotch taped it into position to strengthen the cutout. Also put the cutout leaning back a bit. They look good.

Have one at work and had to make 2 more for a couple of guys that follow the Argos. I will post a photo. If they printed the schedule on the back of these photos then it would serve a dual purpose. They do look good.

If you have season tickets then you know what I am talking about.

this is our season tickets

RB957
10-01-2018, 07:32 PM
That looks cool, actually.

GregR
10-05-2018, 04:19 PM
Nice job!

lazycro
10-08-2018, 04:29 PM
With TFC ticket prices going up 10% across the board, will we see the same for Argos ?

Joe Barnes
10-08-2018, 04:45 PM
With TFC ticket prices going up 10% across the board, will we see the same for Argos ?

They better not! I'll likely renew, but I know others who are already hesitating - I'm already in arm twisting mode. A price increase after this season(!) will not go over well...

lazycro
10-08-2018, 05:58 PM
Maybe we'll see a decrease with TFC covering our decrease lol not realistic but would be funny

Scooter McCray
10-10-2018, 06:40 AM
What is the thought process that says raise pricing after missing the playoffs for TFC? With respect to the Argos MLSE lowered pricing to begin attracting fans back. I don't believe after 1 year they have reached their objective yet. Until that place is sold out entirely every game i would not touch pricing.

lazycro
10-10-2018, 08:17 AM
What is the thought process that says raise pricing after missing the playoffs for TFC? With respect to the Argos MLSE lowered pricing to begin attracting fans back. I don't believe after 1 year they have reached their objective yet. Until that place is sold out entirely every game i would not touch pricing.

Better reference.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/article-toronto-fc-ticket-prices-going-up-despite-disappointing-season/

AngeloV
10-10-2018, 09:08 AM
What is the thought process that says raise pricing after missing the playoffs for TFC?

Such is reality when you pay 3 players considerably more than what most teams entire payroll is. With no playoff games this season, I wonder how much $$$ TFC will be losing.

HankSr
10-24-2018, 11:15 AM
I would like to know why it takes so long for MLSE to refund the money in your account. Money that was there because they decided to lower ST prices after I bought my tickets. Hey I am happy for less expensive tickets but seriously I have been waiting over three weeks for them to refund my $600 to my Visa! Just doesn't make sense in 2018 for a simple credit to be processed. :confused:

Will
10-24-2018, 12:04 PM
I wanna say I heard somewhere that Argo prices would hold steady, but I have no idea where I remember hearing that.

AngeloV
10-24-2018, 03:11 PM
I would like to know why it takes so long for MLSE to refund the money in your account. Money that was there because they decided to lower ST prices after I bought my tickets. Hey I am happy for less expensive tickets but seriously I have been waiting over three weeks for them to refund my $600 to my Visa! Just doesn't make sense in 2018 for a simple credit to be processed. :confused:

First off, welcome to the site.

I don't know what is going on with refunds. There seems to be a lot of confusion. I even told my rep at the beginning of the season, that I planned and leaving the money in my account towards future purchases, but in July, out of nowhere, I had the money put back onto my credit card.

So...I don't request a refund and get one, and you requested one, and have yet to receive it. Strange.

Mightygoose
10-24-2018, 05:24 PM
I wanna say I heard somewhere that Argo prices would hold steady, but I have no idea where I remember hearing that.

It would make sense to keep prices the same. Perhaps the only 'increase' would be if a pre season game would take place here next year as it wasn't included in this year's rate.

I expect that game will take place in Guelph (hopefully on a Saturday) anyways, or, it will be in Mexico

Argos1983
10-27-2018, 07:01 PM
Speaking of "benefits" as a STH like a playoff game ticket ---- Does anyone know when/if we will be getting refunds as STH for an unplayed playoff game? does anyone have the STH rates broken down by game (I have the 2017 one), in order to get an idea of how much such a refund would be? It's not like this hasn't been known for weeks already that we would not be hosting a game -why have we not be contacted about such refunds yet? On the other hand --- to get me to pay $15 to mail my own STH gift to me - that email came really quickly....funny how when asking for my money the emails come quickly, but when giving it back the communication is much slower......

BATKINSON001
10-27-2018, 09:23 PM
Speaking of "benefits" as a STH like a playoff game ticket ---- Does anyone know when/if we will be getting refunds as STH for an unplayed playoff game? does anyone have the STH rates broken down by game (I have the 2017 one), in order to get an idea of how much such a refund would be? It's not like this hasn't been known for weeks already that we would not be hosting a game -why have we not be contacted about such refunds yet? On the other hand --- to get me to pay $15 to mail my own STH gift to me - that email came really quickly....funny how when asking for my money the emails come quickly, but when giving it back the communication is much slower......

You had chances to get the sth gift at the last few home games.

Mightygoose
11-15-2018, 12:39 PM
Free Marlies Ticker offer sent today! This Sunday @4pm Scotiabank arena.

We're threading the needle this day but doable.

It does say exclusive to Argos STH, but guessing it will apply for holders of other MLSE brands too.

HankSr
11-15-2018, 12:55 PM

If that refund takes as much time as it has taken me to get them to refund the difference between my original STH payment and the revised one under the new pricing then maybe around March? I requested the refund for the difference at the beginning of October and was told today that they finally straightened it all out and my check should be mailed tomorrow! I have honestly run out of patience with MLSE and the Argos.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8