PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Game Plans

mchesher03
05-10-2018, 11:42 AM
Here we are about a month away from the start of the season, so my question for those (like myself) who used to be tailgaters:

What are your new pre-game plans for the 2018 home schedule?

For what it’s worth, for the non-tailgate games last year me and my dad would go to the 3 brewers in liberty village and found it pretty good for a couple pints and food. I know we’ve gone to brazen head as well in the past.

We would drive only for the sake of the tailgates so we’ll be coming from the exhibition go station for what it’s worth.

Jumbo
05-10-2018, 12:02 PM
Here we are about a month away from the start of the season, so my question for those (like myself) who used to be tailgaters:

For what it’s worth, for the non-tailgate games last year me and my dad would go to the 3 brewers in liberty village and found it pretty good for a couple pints and food. I know we’ve gone to brazen head as well in the past.

We would drive only for the sake of the tailgates so we’ll be coming from the exhibition go station for what it’s worth.

There is a group that will be trying to maintain the tailgate. Check out facebook '(the unofficial) Toronto Argonauts Tailgate meet-up.'

I still can't believe they couldn't keep the tailgates at the same time as reducing ticket prices. I'm not sure why it had to be an either/or situation. Take the price of tickets where they are now and add $1 per seat. That's at least $15,000 per game to keep the tailgate all while slashing regular seat prices dramatically. Win/Win.

gilthethrill
05-10-2018, 12:18 PM
Catch the warm up in the north endzone. Chat with other fans about current events, enjoy the atmosphere of watching pro football being played on (a cow pasture) real grass.

AngeloV
05-10-2018, 01:28 PM
Catch the warm up in the north endzone. Chat with other fans about current events, enjoy the atmosphere of watching pro football being played on (a cow pasture) real grass.

Always works for me, but I may have to do a lap around the stadium first to make up for the 14 rows less I have to climb to get to my seats this year.

gilthethrill
05-10-2018, 02:16 PM
Always works for me, but I may have to do a lap around the stadium first to make up for the 14 rows less I have to climb to get to my seats this year.

Arrive early then...real early.

Treblecharger1
05-10-2018, 02:25 PM
Come join us in the parking lot, Until we are told otherwise we will continue to BBQ :) Just don't be stupid lol!

gilthethrill
05-10-2018, 02:31 PM
Come join us in the parking lot, Until we are told otherwise we will continue to BBQ :) Just don't be stupid lol!

Well that rules me out! 😅

PHArgofan
05-10-2018, 04:15 PM
Our merry band of tailgaters may join you for some low key pre game bbq. We shall see how that plays out and plan from there !!!

ArgoZ
05-10-2018, 06:29 PM
I usually park in Liberty Village for $15. Williams was the official Argos pre game host last year I believe. LOCAL bar, next door has good beers. 3 Brewers looks good, but I haven't been to that location yet. The whole area is awesome for pre-game and of course a post game win celebration!

I will check out the Shipyard too, especially if they have a band, and hang out there a bit.

ArgoGabe22
05-10-2018, 08:05 PM
My plan: Get to the game as late as possible without missing any of the game clock.

Will
05-12-2018, 10:19 AM
I'm interested to see how the tailgating goes and whether people get any hassle from the man.

RB957
05-12-2018, 10:29 AM
I'm interested to see how the tailgating goes and whether people get any hassle from the man.

If people are discreet (i.e. plastic cups), I don't believe that there will be any issue. But I guess we will find out soon enough.

Personally, I am going to give the Shipyard a chance and see what that is like. If that fails, I am fortunate that my son has a condo on King not far from the stadium, with a gas barbecue on the balcony.... so a small vertical tailgate may be in the works. His building has an amazing rooftop patio with great views of the city. It would be something to be able to host a pre-game up there, but the logistics would be difficult because you have to hire private security if you are serving alcohol.

Neely2005
05-13-2018, 08:00 AM

IIRC I saw on Facebook that there is a CFL Meetup Group that is going to 3 Brewers to watch CFL games. Apparently they have arranged this relationship with the venue. I think they were doing this last year too but at a different venue.

Neely2005
05-13-2018, 08:01 AM
If people are discreet (i.e. plastic cups), I don't believe that there will be any issue. But I guess we will find out soon enough.

Personally, I am going to give the Shipyard a chance and see what that is like. If that fails, I am fortunate that my son has a condo on King not far from the stadium, with a gas barbecue on the balcony.... so a small vertical tailgate may be in the works. His building has an amazing rooftop patio with great views of the city. It would be something to be able to host a pre-game up there, but the logistics would be difficult because you have to hire private security if you are serving alcohol.

I hope that you're right but the police did shut down the small TFC Tailgates a few years ago.

Neely2005
05-13-2018, 08:02 AM
My plan: Get to the game as late as possible without missing any of the game clock.

Lol, that is our plan this season too.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8