PDA

View Full Version : What's good for the Cats is good for the Argos?

rdavies
05-20-2018, 07:43 PM
What's good for the Cats is good for the Argos? With the recent rise in interest surrounding the Cats and what looks to be positive reports so far, is the former statement a valid one?

Even with some of the apathy in the Toronto market, Hamilton being so close, some of this must resonate with the Argos? Or am I wrong. Is the rivalry still valid or is it moribund as far as the Argos are concerned. It's not my neck of the woods so I'm curious.

A strong and invested Hamilton can only be a good thing n'est-ce pas?

argos1873
05-20-2018, 09:02 PM
What's good for the Cats is good for the Argos? With the recent rise in interest surrounding the Cats and what looks to be positive reports so far, is the former statement a valid one?

Even with some of the apathy in the Toronto market, Hamilton being so close, some of this must resonate with the Argos? Or am I wrong. Is the rivalry still valid or is it moribund as far as the Argos are concerned. It's not my neck of the woods so I'm curious.

A strong and invested Hamilton can only be a good thing n'est-ce pas?

I think it can't hurt. I'm not sure how much it will really help though. I've read a lot of comments on the TSN facebook page that if Manziel is in the league the people who had commented would "start watching". Given the mentality, I'm not holding my breathe, but you never know. I don't think it will remove people from the stands at the very least though.

Ron
05-21-2018, 04:06 AM
The answer is yes.

ArgoRavi
05-21-2018, 01:42 PM
One of the problems we have had in southern Ontario is that the Argos and Ticats have rarely been good at the same time, since the 1980s when East Final games were often a given between these two rivals. They played an East Semi-Final game in 1987 and did not play in the playoffs again until 1999. After that were some more lean years before meeting before almost 38k in an East Semi-Final in 2004, an East Semi-Final in Hamilton in 2010, and then in an East Final before 35k in 2013. They last played each other in the post-season in 2015 but that is only five post-season games and just two East Finals since 1988. Hopefully this season will see two strong southern Ontario teams with them meeting in the East Final at BMO Field in November. That would do wonders for Canadian football in southern Ontario.

Will
05-21-2018, 02:15 PM
The answer is yes like Ron says.

Just so long as the "casuals" in Toronto remember that Manziel does not play for a Toronto team.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8