PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread: PRESEASON WEEK 2 - Edmonton at Winnipeg - Friday June 1st

jerrym
06-01-2018, 12:56 PM
I'll give Edmonton the edge as it has already had one game to tune up its offence, defence and STs. However, its doing it on only five days between games so this could work in the Bombers' favour, although tiredness is likely less of a factor in preseason games when there are many more substitutions of players as teams determine who will make the regular season squad.

jerrym
06-01-2018, 01:00 PM
Ed Tait below analyzes the Bombers's search for a #2 QB following the retirement of Darian Durant that will play out in part in this game, as well as some other key competitions going on.

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/06/01/3-storylines-watch-winnipegs-pre-season-opener/

jerrym
06-02-2018, 10:06 AM
The Eskimo offence sputtered without Reilly or Glenn in the game as QBs O'Brien, Kline and Jenkins combined for 101 yards passing.

jerrym
06-02-2018, 10:09 AM
Canadian RB Johnny Augustin from Guelph University made a major statement about deserving to make the Bombers by picking up 81 yards on 8 carries.

OV Argo
06-02-2018, 12:48 PM
Canadian RB Johnny Augustin from Guelph University made a major statement about deserving to make the Bombers by picking up 81 yards on 8 carries.

The Bombers could easily go all Canadian at tailback - with Harris backed by LaFrance & Augustin; they carried that little import RB Flanders last season and he played quite a bit and was pretty good at times - could still be in the line-up as a DI, but not sure they really need him if those 2 other NI backs can do the job.

R.J
06-02-2018, 12:59 PM
Streveler by all accounts looked real good. On the limited video I've seen, his arm looks strong, but a few throws does not a career make.

jerrym
06-02-2018, 06:13 PM
Streveler by all accounts looked real good. On the limited video I've seen, his arm looks strong, but a few throws does not a career make.

After going 10/10 for 140 yards and a TD in limited playing time, I would say so.

ArgoRavi
06-03-2018, 12:15 AM

Good point. Back in 2007, Timmy Chang, Akili Smith, and Mike McMahon were all "lights out" in the preseason. Within a few months, none of them were employed in the CFL.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8