PDA

View Full Version : Argos On TSN Radio

gilthethrill
05-26-2012, 11:37 AM
My reliable source advised me that HC Scott Milanovich will be on today..exact time is unknown as the interview was done yesterday by Mike Hogan..also Danny Webb will be on to discuss changes in helmets at 1:45 pm.

Argocister
05-26-2012, 03:24 PM
Scott was on just before Danny Webb. His discussion was on selection of his coaching staff, the culture of the team and preparation and excitement for the upcoming camp. Nothing earth shattering but good on developing a character for himself. Very straightforward and nice to hear respect is an important part of his values.

argotom
05-27-2012, 11:46 AM
As the league TV carrier, the radio version has a long way to go as their CFL and Argo coverage over the winter and spring has been abysmal and rivals the non exisiting coverage on Fan 590.
The latter is not surprising, but TSN lack is shocking.
After all, let's talk more hockey, hockey 24/7 over the top as there simply is not enough hours of the day to talk about this crap.?

Mulder
05-27-2012, 12:08 PM
As the league TV carrier, the radio version has a long way to go as their CFL and Argo coverage over the winter and spring has been abysmal and rivals the non exisiting coverage on Fan 590.
The latter is not surprising, but TSN lack is shocking.
After all, let's talk more hockey, hockey 24/7 over the top as there simply is not enough hours of the day to talk about this crap.?

And what would you have them talk about for the 5 months between Grey Cup and Training camp? Besides at certain points, ex, Schedule, Free Agency, Draft, Coach of the Year the CFL generates very little if any news, so why would radio stations talk about it unless conducting an interview? Why would they 'beat the dead horse' for 5 months?, potentially losing listeners because the season is still far off? Each radio show has a call in segment, usually to judge what people want to talk about, if you want them to talk about the Argo's during a long off-season then call in. But then how quick will it talk die once the issues are covered? We need a QB, check, we need receivers check, we need a Canadian o-line, check. well that covered 15 minutes.

Until more CFL'ers become household names in the GTA, there will be little to none talk during the off-season. And even if they do become household names, What do you want them to talk about during the off-season?

gilthethrill
05-27-2012, 01:48 PM
The point of me posting this thread was simply so that Argo fans could listen to a couple of interviews. I did not mean for it to become a discussion about lack of Argo coverage.

Argocister
05-27-2012, 01:54 PM
I also found it very quiet regarding the CFL on the radio. I would prefer more talk on the CFL. I am sure the radio is not totally quiet in CFL friendly cities.I don't know what I would like them to talk about ... no wait, Canadian content ..... or even creating a personality to follow so we know about the player .......but I am sure giving someone the task of creating some football content , can get it done. There is over the top info spewing out regarding the NFL.... even in quiet years.
Often times there would be discussion on various sports, on or off season..... NFL makes the grade, I listen carefully figuring , good they're on football, but no CFL. Oh well, I'll call us the diamond in the rough.

AngeloV
05-27-2012, 04:37 PM
The point of me posting this thread was simply so that Argo fans could listen to a couple of interviews. I did not mean for it to become a discussion about lack of Argo coverage.

Most of us know that Gill. Thanks for doing so. Unfortunately I was in transit on the way back from vacation and did not get to listen, but it's always nice to get a heads up like that.

CptArcher
05-27-2012, 07:32 PM
WOuld somebody like to post the link to this interview?

gilthethrill
05-27-2012, 08:03 PM
WOuld somebody like to post the link to this interview?

The odd thing is, unlike most TSN interviews, I can't seem to locate it under the podcast section...too be honest I have not heard either interview but would like to.

Ballstothewall
05-29-2012, 06:21 PM
And what would you have them talk about for the 5 months between Grey Cup and Training camp? Besides at certain points, ex, Schedule, Free Agency, Draft, Coach of the Year the CFL generates very little if any news, so why would radio stations talk about it unless conducting an interview? Why would they 'beat the dead horse' for 5 months?, potentially losing listeners because the season is still far off? Each radio show has a call in segment, usually to judge what people want to talk about, if you want them to talk about the Argo's during a long off-season then call in. But then how quick will it talk die once the issues are covered? We need a QB, check, we need receivers check, we need a Canadian o-line, check. well that covered 15 minutes.

Until more CFL'ers become household names in the GTA, there will be little to none talk during the off-season. And even if they do become household names, What do you want them to talk about during the off-season?

And yet in the summer months, they still fill the air with Hockey talk

ArgoRavi
05-29-2012, 11:51 PM
And yet in the summer months, they still fill the air with Hockey talk

Well it is extremely important that we know who the third string goalie and fourth line centre will be for the Columbus Blue Jackets.

argolio
05-30-2012, 01:40 AM
Well it is extremely important that we know who the third string goalie and fourth line centre will be for the Columbus Blue Jackets.I'm not sure I even know who their first-string goalie and centre are.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8