PDA

View Full Version : We have a bye week -- let us use it wisely too

Will
08-02-2018, 11:27 PM
While the Argos will use the bye week to make the remaining 11 games as impactful as they can be -- let us also take a moment to take a deep breath as a community.

I certainly acknowledge that the last month has been extremely trying on Argo fans. Whether it is the 2-5 start or the off-field issues not being dealt with as quickly as some people would like.

Yes, CFL football is a game that we all love -- but at the end of the day it is still a game. While it isn't always easy to let your emotions prevail, I'd impart on you all to please try.

As the team tries to build momentum from tonight's comeback win, let's get ourselves ready to do what we do best and that's support the Argonauts on the field.

Argo57
08-03-2018, 12:28 AM
While the Argos will use the bye week to make the remaining 11 games as impactful as they can be -- let us also take a moment to take a deep breath as a community.

I certainly acknowledge that the last month has been extremely trying on Argo fans. Whether it is the 2-5 start or the off-field issues not being dealt with as quickly as some people would like.

Yes, CFL football is a game that we all love -- but at the end of the day it is still a game. While it isn't always easy to let your emotions prevail, I'd impart on you all to please try.

As the team tries to build momentum from tonight's comeback win, let's get ourselves ready to do what we do best and that's support the Argonauts on the field.

I agree with your sentiments but the fact that Argo fans still get pissed off and ornery when things aren’t going well shows that they (we) still care, I’ll take that over apathy any day of the week.

Will
08-03-2018, 12:33 AM
I agree with your sentiments but the fact that Argo fans still get pissed off and ornery when things aren’t going well shows that they (we) still care, I’ll take that over apathy any day of the week.

You aren't incorrect on that! What I was trying to aim for is let's not allow those emotions to spill onto interactions between posters on here. We all want the same thing here and that's an 18th Grey Cup championship in November.

Argo57
08-03-2018, 12:42 AM
You aren't incorrect on that! What I was trying to aim for is let's not allow those emotions to spill onto interactions between posters on here. We all want the same thing here and that's an 18th Grey Cup championship in November.

Trust me I know what you meant and I agree, everyone needs to remember we’re all on the same team here!

R.J
08-03-2018, 12:44 AM
I'd like to see a change at DC. Lolley is available.

Will
08-03-2018, 12:46 AM

So would I.

Joe Barnes
08-03-2018, 02:04 PM

Agree. I thought he did a good job in Hamilton last year and was a big part of their second half turn around.

Joe Barnes
08-03-2018, 02:09 PM

Good perspective here. Two weeks to take a step back and breathe a little. 1 and 5, with the potential for 1 and 6 was too stressful, indeed! Start fresh after the bye rested and ready for a more positive outcome the rest of the way.

AngeloV
08-03-2018, 02:15 PM

It's not going to happen.

ArgoRavi
08-04-2018, 07:33 PM
It's not going to happen.

Agreed, and I am not convinced that it needs to. We have seen some incremental improvement from the defence over the past two games. Also, let's get players like Bear Woods, Qudarius Ford and/or even Johnny Sears Jr. back into the lineup before we pass judgement on Mike Archer's work. The Argo defence, under Corey Chamblin, had rough games last year too but got better as the season progressed.

Argo57
08-04-2018, 11:55 PM
Agreed, and I am not convinced that it needs to. We have seen some incremental improvement from the defence over the past two games. Also, let's get players like Bear Woods, Qudarius Ford and/or even Johnny Sears Jr. back into the lineup before we pass judgement on Mike Archer's work. The Argo defence, under Corey Chamblin, had rough games last year too but got better as the season progressed.

Definite improvement against the run, pass D still needs significant work (which would start by removing Kanneh).
Surprised Ansah still available, maybe worth a phone call.

AngeloV
08-05-2018, 08:55 AM
Definite improvement against the run, pass D still needs significant work (which would start by removing Kanneh).
Surprised Ansah still available, maybe worth a phone call.

We all know I like Owusa-Ansah a lot, but I don't think Corner is the problem. Washington and Darby to me are fine.

ArgoGabe22
08-05-2018, 09:29 AM
We all know I like Owusa-Ansah a lot, but I don't think Corner is the problem. Washington and Darby to me are fine.

Yell is not a HB. I thought with the Heath trade, they would consider moving him back to corner but maybe they don't want to expose a rookie there? But all of the HBs have been brutal IMO.

AngeloV
08-05-2018, 11:15 AM
Yell is not a HB. I thought with the Heath trade, they would consider moving him back to corner but maybe they don't want to expose a rookie there? But all of the HBs have been brutal IMO.

I think Yell has been better as of late. Really hoping Q Ford can come back soon.

Will
08-05-2018, 11:31 AM
I think Yell has been better as of late. Really hoping Q Ford can come back soon.

I asked Ford on Twitter as to a timeline for his return. I'll see if he answers.

Will
08-05-2018, 12:13 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Done for the year, 6 months recovery.. I’ll be back tho</p>&mdash; Q.Ford (@BuiltFord_tuff) <a href="https://twitter.com/BuiltFord_tuff/status/1026135758460125184?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 5, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ArgoGabe22
08-05-2018, 01:28 PM
What happened to Josh Mitchell?

AngeloV
08-05-2018, 01:28 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Done for the year, 6 months recovery.. I’ll be back tho</p>— Q.Ford (@BuiltFord_tuff) <a href="https://twitter.com/BuiltFord_tuff/status/1026135758460125184?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 5, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That really sucks.

gilthethrill
08-05-2018, 02:09 PM

I think his injury was severe enough to end his career. What injury is Tank Reed rehabbing back in Texas? What happened to Ford? Argos injuries seem to be kept far too quiet.

Argo57
08-05-2018, 03:29 PM

Perhaps they could shift another players position while upgrading the overall talent pool.
The play of our HB’s hasn’t been good at all this season.

Al&Kat
08-05-2018, 05:46 PM
Trying to do my part attendance-wise for the Argos.
I have brought some friends to 2018 games so far, one has joined me twice,
As he had a good time with me at his first one (home opener).
Also as it was obviously the 2018 CNE game, I used my account credit from the 2018 price-drop
to buy extra tickets for the Aug 18 game, and am using the bye-week period to try and find
other friends to use these extra tickets, and come to their first game of 2018.

macspectrum
08-05-2018, 07:30 PM
Also as it was obviously the 2018 CNE game, I used my account credit from the 2018 price-drop
to buy extra tickets for the Aug 18 game, and am using the bye-week period to try and find

good 4 u !! bravo !

jerrym
08-06-2018, 12:09 PM

Thanks for all your efforts.

macspectrum
08-06-2018, 01:16 PM
if even 1/2 of attendees bought 1 extra ticket argos may get a crowd in excess of 15k

CFLfan
08-06-2018, 03:26 PM
if even 1/2 of attendees bought 1 extra ticket argos may get a crowd in excess of 15k

That is easier said than done. Thousands of unsold $19 tickets at the last game. Cardinal Offishall should've been a good draw for the young crowd but not too many showed up for his concert. Most of us headed to the concessions when he started his chanting.
There may be a spike in attendance for the Ex game, too bad it's against BC they are not a good draw, a game against the Ticats or the Riders would have been better.

ArgoRavi
08-07-2018, 03:40 AM

His injury was quite serious too. I asked him on Twitter a few weeks back where he was at and, IIRC, he said something about being much better but still not ready to play yet.

ArgoRavi
08-07-2018, 03:44 AM
I think his injury was severe enough to end his career. What injury is Tank Reed rehabbing back in Texas? What happened to Ford? Argos injuries seem to be kept far too quiet.

It really is incredibly difficult to get injury information these days. I understand that teams want to hide some of this stuff (mostly due to paranoia) but I believe that the league should aim for transparency above anything else. Ford being out for the season is something that fans should know about without having to ask him on Twitter.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8