PDA

View Full Version : in-game operations

mchesher03
08-03-2018, 08:26 AM
While I’m happy to acknowledge that things have improved immensely over the past few seasons compared to what was, I still feel they have a ways to go – a couple things stuck out in my mind last night:

The long incomplete pass by Trevor Harris to the north endzone that draws a defensive pass interference call (that didn’t look like it from my spot in the stands) – not a single replay! Really?
Trestman throws his coach’s challenge flag – Al Bradbury looks to announce what the challenge is – only no sound! Which isn’t the critical offense here, the critical offence was that there was no follow-up “the argos are challenging _____”
Maybe my memory is failing me but I feel like the play clock used to be more prominent below the scoreboard in the north end – it’s only part of the scoreboard up above the stands? Why doesn’t bmo field have playclocks on the field? I’m guessing the shorter endzones maybe? Feel like even the skydome had the field level playclocks

Like I said minor in grand scheme of things and getting more minor year over year but still, could be cleaned up. And for what it’s worth, yes I communicate these things to my ticket guy (and would to whoever else in the organization would listen to me J

macspectrum
08-03-2018, 08:44 AM
While I’m happy to acknowledge that things have improved immensely over the past few seasons compared to what was, I still feel they have a ways to go – a couple things stuck out in my mind last night:

The long incomplete pass by Trevor Harris to the north endzone that draws a defensive pass interference call (that didn’t look like it from my spot in the stands) – not a single replay! Really?
Trestman throws his coach’s challenge flag – Al Bradbury looks to announce what the challenge is – only no sound! Which isn’t the critical offense here, the critical offence was that there was no follow-up “the argos are challenging _____”
Maybe my memory is failing me but I feel like the play clock used to be more prominent below the scoreboard in the north end – it’s only part of the scoreboard up above the stands? Why doesn’t bmo field have playclocks on the field? I’m guessing the shorter endzones maybe? Feel like even the skydome had the field level playclocks

Like I said minor in grand scheme of things and getting more minor year over year but still, could be cleaned up. And for what it’s worth, yes I communicate these things to my ticket guy (and would to whoever else in the organization would listen to me J

playclocks on field level make the stadium 'feel' more like it is hosting a CFL game
can't mlse get 4 movable field clocks ?
4' clock ' u.s.$2645
https://www.varsityscoreboards.com/scoreboards/football-scoreboards.html922

lazycro
08-03-2018, 08:53 AM
There's a playclock that is big enough in the South
Normally they have the red play clock running and the play clock that is on the big scoreboard, I'm assuming they turned off the red one (that everyone looks at) in favour of having it on the scoreboard?

Joe Barnes
08-03-2018, 12:57 PM
They've also changed the font colour of some of the numbers on the score board on the facing of the east side upper deck. They've made it a lighter blue shade (I get it - trying to use team colours). It is harder to read now.

ArgoDoubleBlue
08-03-2018, 01:46 PM
Bradbury was talking to the control centre and never made an announcement. The length of that review was unnecessary. Maybe they changed the play clock to the scoreboard so it is all one one now?

7dj83r8f78t4alf8